30% watching TV

which is the best solution for me.

At the moment I prefer:

1. Samsung LE-46F86BD
or
2. Sharp Aquos LC-46 XL1E

what do you prefer

thanks

Go with the Samsung, can't be beat mate.

Out of those two I'd say the Sharp. :eh:

Adonis said over the last few pages that industry insiders prefer the Sharp. To me it is one of the best whereas Samsung are very good but a bit cheaper.

I'm looking for a budget, no name, 32" LCD, can anyone recommend a make/model? It will be our primary TV until Christmas when we'll get a second 42" one of a good make/model, so this 32" wants to be as cheap as possible but half decent if possible, for 360/tv watching......

Go with the Samsung, can't be beat mate.

OK thanks NickSCFC and JB... I also heard that alot of people in the industry prefer Sharp and you can actually see them in many shots from developer workplaces... But I think I will get the one from Samsung... I will post further experience here

Thanks guys, before i want the 40M86 but i'm fear about the firmware problem but now with the 40F86 i can update the firmware with USB and that it's perfect.

Thanks guys, before i want the 40M86 but i'm fear about the firmware problem but now with the 40F86 i can update the firmware with USB and that it's perfect.

that is one of the reasons why I also picked the F86 over the M86.. what I also heard is that samsung got a really good customer service... that means if you got any problems a samsung technician comes to your house rigth away... well atleast here in germany

that is one of the reasons why I also picked the F86 over the M86.. what I also heard is that samsung got a really good customer service... that means if you got any problems a samsung technician comes to your house rigth away... well atleast here in germany

Not the same in UK I am afraid :shock:

Nick, I am not 100% but that may be a X-series in a nicer frame and 3x HDMI and 46". But I'm not sure.

And guys check out the Sony W3000 + Free 5 Year Warranty and Free PS3 deals in your local independents and Sony Stores! Seems good to me.

Nick, I am not 100% but that may be a X-series in a nicer frame and 3x HDMI and 46". But I'm not sure.

And guys check out the Sony W3000 + Free 5 Year Warranty and Free PS3 deals in your local independents and Sony Stores! Seems good to me.

No I've been tracking on an AV forum and emailed Tosh, there is an X version too, it's the very slim picture frame model, but it has a much better panel than the 42 or 46 inch standard Z.. Importing looks OK as it would just require a new plug and I could get an extended warranty too... It's the importing part that bothers me, the last thing I imported turned out to be the wrong model and took three attempts to correct. ;)

No I've been tracking on an AV forum and emailed Tosh, there is an X version too, it's the very slim picture frame model, but it has a much better panel than the 42 or 46 inch standard Z.. Importing looks OK as it would just require a new plug and I could get an extended warranty too... It's the importing part that bothers me, the last thing I imported turned out to be the wrong model and took three attempts to correct. ;)
Cool, my bad.

I am personally too scared to import, but go for it if you want. Is there so UK release for this anytime soon?

The Sharp End

INTERVIEW

A key selling point to every new television nowadays is the inclusion of a 'game' mode. Clearly, TV manufacturers are realising that videogames, since the introduction of the next generation consoles, is one of the biggest drivers of high definition screens, and so they're looking at ways to try to appeal to that market.

To find out more about how the perception has changed, what the future has in store, and if the economic slow-down is having an impact, GamesIndustry.biz attended a recent Christmas preview event with Sharp, and spoke to Tommaso Monetto, product manager for LCD TVs.

I read this interview yesterday and I was intrigued by it so I went to check up on their new range of TV's that are aimed at gamers. The cheapest I've seen the 32" for is £707, thats not the most appealing price even though it does have awesome specs.

I'm looking for xmas work right now and when I get one I could have this TV in my cross hairs but that price is too high. Its £945 on their (Sharp) website too.

Am I being unreasonable?

Is the Toshiba 32C3035 an old model?

Last edited:
Thanks for that.

For that price the Samsung is no longer on my hit list.

Comparing the two models on their website unless I'm missing something there isn't a difference in terms of specs or design. Both also have 24fps support which is very cool.

SOLD!

not too sure if its 120hz.

ash, which do you think is better? the toshiba or the sony.
definately gonna check out the forum before buying. thx for the pointer.

Thats a toughie! Both are brand new, and I haven't seen them in the flesh yet. I would personally go to the store and have a look. I don't much abaout large Canadian electrical stores, but in UK that large stores are rubbish in terms of displaying their sets. In UK the best way is to go to a local independent store and get a demo their :)

And also maybe in other stores they are cheaper and have good offers. I know on that Sony in UK, they were giving away a free PS3 or Blu-Ray Player and 5 Years Warranty. Maybe something similar in Canadian Sony stores?

The Toshiba does look a lot better IMHO though.

But overall, check out that forum to see if the TV has any bugs/major faults, because it is a bloody hassle to return a big TV like that.

Jay666 a mate of mine has the same set and he loves it, pictures good and not too bad on SD, not seen any HD stuff through it as he's only a DVD and PS2 but Dvds look great! It's won lots of stuff and had nothing but good reviews across the board pretty much, Given the price it looks a good choice.
It's a tough call on which is the best for price and size, I'd try and check some out in the flesh if you can, Sharp and Samsung have some good screens and the prices are falling all the time..

Back
Top Bottom