The TV Thread

Nope, not that I know off. The Sony X3000 models should be coming out as well, but priucey I would imagine.

Nick Cave I agree, unlikely to be 1k better.

Let's hope Sony have sorted out their problems.

Ordering the Sony 32" D3000 tomorrow. :)
Good choice, that is a cracker of a TV, but maybe compare it to the Panasonic LXD70/700 before purcahsing.

I ordered it from Dixons for £783, I could have got it for cheaper elsewhere but this isn't a bad price.

It's being delivered Monday. :mrgreen:

I've had my TV for over 24 hours now and I'm extremely happy. No problems that I can see and the picture is amazing.

Though I did notice that the 360 (VGA) looks sharper than the PS3 (HDMI) but only slightly.

I'm still trying to find the perfect settings, though what I have now is pretty great.:)

Last edited:
Yeah, the D3000 and 1.3 HDMI, and 24hz.

I think from now on, all Sony TVs will be to that spec.

And the new model list has come out unofficially, I will psot it.

I watched Shrek on my screen last night, I know everyone says animated films look great but it blew me away! :eek: Also, everyone should download the new Uncharted: Drake's Fortune trailer if they have a PS3, it looks mind blowing!

wagwaan with the list ;)

The 32LXD70 is still on top of list...but it doesn't do 24p :(

How about the Sony 32D3000?

If it was me, I would defo go with that if you can notice the judder on non-24p TVs.

That is like the only 32" with 24p I think currently?

I watched Shrek on my screen last night, I know everyone says animated films look great but it blew me away! :eek: Also, everyone should download the new Uncharted: Drake's Fortune trailer if they have a PS3, it looks mind blowing!

How far do you bit BTW?

And defo try to get a 5.1 system if you don't have one, it makes the film experience a lot better, and gmaing, esp. FPS

Probably about 7-8 feet when watching Blu-rays or DVDs, usually a bit closer for games. :)

A surround sound system is on my list of things to get but so are a lot of other things. :p

Next generation surroud sound!

Sony

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/homecinema/0,39029447,49288838,00.htm

braviastand.jpg

Philips (Ambisound)

1121408594.jpg

Nick, its a good try, but I wouldn't reccomend it. They will be charing top dollar, it would be a lot cheaper just to buy a 5.1 system, and it would sound many times better!

This is good for those who are VERY rich and don't need 5.1, but just getting it for the sake of it, can't have a 5.1 system due to wiring/carpet etc.

Though this isn't "next-gen", Yamaha already have on of these, actually quite a few models now for a few years...
Here it is: http://www.t3.co.uk/reviews/entertainment/speakers/yamaha_ysp-800

I'm gonna put my Samsung 26" LE26R74 up online to sell. How much do you think it will go for?

OK, final decision is between the following:

Panasonic 32LXD70 - picture is best I've seen on 32" LCD
Sony 32D3000 - Haven't seen it in person but styling is better. Is it worth £150 or so more than the Pana?!

I'm also considering these...but they may be a bit OTT for my bedroom right? My room is (now) decent sized after moving home and the integrated cabinet I bought is large enough:

Toshiba 37X3030D - haven't seen this in person but it is 1080p. Styling of the "moon legs" is a bit random tbh
Sony 40W2000 - Dunno why I'm even considering this as it's definitely OTT for a bedroom (or is it?) and over budget. But I loved it on display

Back
Top Bottom