The TV Thread

If anyone wants a tv grab the Sony W TV. I got the 40W2000 after seeing it on our PS3 pod and it looks awesome! Its under £1400 from most places online, and so far have had fantastic results with PS3 or Sky.

Same model as I have, I got mine on nine months interest free as well.

It's truly awesome for PS3 games and PS2. Some of the PS2 games I have played have almost seemed like new games with the higher def.

You are right, 100hZ technology is only available on the 32" M86/87. THis competees with Panasonic and Sharp who have also released 32" 100Hz TVs. BTW, anyone looking to buy a quality 32", look at the Pansonic LDX700, class act TV ;)

Real bummer, put that is really to compete with the other brands. I am sure near the end of the year, Samsung will release a 100Hz 40" 1080p, to compete with Sony and Toshibas new range of 1080p 100Hz LCDs. (and also Philips... but they're not soo good :))

Bought this last week

387568.jpg

32"
480p/1080i/720p HD Ready
3x HDMI
1x VGA port
8000:1 contrast!!!
Freeview
Swivel base
Touch sensative controls

£650 :)

Last edited:
Bought this last week

387568.jpg

32"
480p/1080i/720p HD Ready
3x HDMI
1x VGA port
Freeview
Swivel base
Touch sensative controls

What model is this? - I am looking for a Lcd tv between 500 - 700 pounds. I saw a samsung 27" in Argos and it looked good 499 pounds. Let me know how your finding it? and where you got it?

I want to get a ps3 in the future will it be good for that?

Ash, what is your opinion on LG displays?

LG 42" LY95

It has an S-IPS panel and apparently accepts 1080p over both HDMI inputs, component and VGA with 1:1 pixel mapping. It can accept a 24 Hz signal too and supports 10-bit colour.

It's more expensive than the Samsung M87 or Toshiba X, but is it worth it?

Last edited:
Bought this last week

387568.jpg

32"
480p/1080i/720p HD Ready
3x HDMI
1x VGA port
Freeview
Swivel base
Touch sensative controls

Congratulations on your baby. Don't forget yours has 100Hz technology! Turn the 100Hz on and off and tell us if you notice any difference :)

Ash, what is your opinion on LG displays?

LG 42" LY95

It has an S-IPS panel and apparently accepts 1080p over both HDMI inputs, component and VGA with 1:1 pixel mapping. It can accept a 24 Hz signal too and supports 10-bit colour.

It's more expensive than the Samsung M87 or Toshiba X, but is it worth it?
I couldn't say, haven't seen this in action yet. Specs looks promising, esp. 24hz input, as long as it can display at 24hz, and not turn that into 60hz that is cool.

I'll try to read up more on it, how much is it BTW?
And LG have released two 1080p models, about £100-200 price difference, can't remember the difference though.

The LG can be had for about £1200 delivered (online). If I look around I could probably get the Samsung or Toshiba delivered for less than a grand.:shock:

What a dillema! Maybe try to get a demo at a local independent, and force them to try a lot of sources like HD, Freeview and DVD. Tell them you will be buying today (not that you will be ;)) and so they know you are actually going to buy,a dn will help you more, than you can make up your mind :)

Tell them you will be buying today (not that you will be ;)) and so they know you are actually going to buy,a dn will help you more, than you can make up your mind :)

oh man I can never do that! :) The guilt takes over me too much. Having worked in many retail shows, I saw how some assistants cuss customers behind their back after a failed sale - especially when they take up so much time. Bit of a naff excuse (that is their job after all!) but it pains me to think what they are saying(!) :shock::(

Sometimes, just to please the shop assistant (especially if she is haaawt), I end up buying the item only to return it at a different branch :roll:

EDIT: Ash, I'm looking to sell my Samsung 26" (LE26R73DB) and up the scale after new job ;)

Should I go 1080p now or should I wait?! That Toshiba 42" looks nice.

It's gonna have to be LCD and not Plasma I'm afraid...I'm far too careless! :(

Last edited:
Thomas, that isn't a TV! LOL
It owuld be waaay too expensive to make a TV size flexi-screen! Now I wonder what it will be sued for, becasue whatever is casing the screen has to be flexi as well.

Anyway, caught De Ja Vu in HD! And it was awesome, might not go cinema ever again,, well apart from IMAX and when someone pays for me LOL! Now I want a projector...

And rk, yeah I'll help you the week after next, sorry, A-Levels... :(

Hi guys,

Want to get an LCD tv around 32" for around £500 - £600.

I joint the 'Which?' website and there best buys for lcd seem to be 26" Tvs in my price range.

Just wondering what you think - is there a decent 32" tv for my price range. Of course I want a decent picture and sound. But I would also want to play Pro Evo on it - I've heard that lcds blur quite abit with football type games (And real life matches?).

So is it worth me buying an lcd in the £500 - £600 price range if not what price do you start getting decent lcds at?

Your opinions would really help and hopefully stop me wasting £600 quid.

Cheers.

Hi guys,

Want to get an LCD tv around 32" for around £500 - £600.

I joint the 'Which?' website and there best buys for lcd seem to be 26" Tvs in my price range.

Just wondering what you think - is there a decent 32" tv for my price range. Of course I want a decent picture and sound. But I would also want to play Pro Evo on it - I've heard that lcds blur quite abit with football type games (And real life matches?).

So is it worth me buying an lcd in the £500 - £600 price range if not what price do you start getting decent lcds at?

Your opinions would really help and hopefully stop me wasting £600 quid.

Cheers.
Pretty easy choice for me if I wanted to buy a 32" TV at that budget.

Either the Panasonic TX32LXD70 or Toshiba 32WLT68. Both slight above your budget, but weel worth it. Both have 100Hz technology, which seems to stop some of the LCDs inherent problems. And I think if buy one of the Panasonics before the end of the month from an independent retailer, you get free 5 year warranty, so be quick :)
On that HDTVTest site, the Panasonic trounces the rest on PQ, and that IMHO is the most important thing.

Cheers guys, I will have a look over that lot tonight when I get back from work.

Thanks again.

Probably go for the Panasonic TX32LXD70.

Just looked on the Panasonic website and all the connections are on the back. So I don't understand, if you get a wall mount - how are you meant to plug in the scart leads etc?

Also the wall mounts are bloody expensive!

And if you are paranoid, you can get one of those arm-wallmounts so the TV comes out lOL

And if you are paranoid, you can get one of those arm-wallmounts so the TV comes out lOL

I looked at those in Dixons (This is where I found the Panasonic for £638) and just for one of those wall mounts with the arm - it costs £249!!!! They must be having a laugh - just for the wall mount!!. I will shop around as that is just ridiculus!!

@ ash;

What do you think of this:

Samsung LE37S71B 2006 model
le32s71_l2.jpg

Beeld
Breedbeeld
Beelddiagonaal 94 cm
Helderheid 500 cd/m²
Contrast ratio 3000 : 1
Resolutie 1366 x 768 pixels
HD-ready
Horizontale kijkhoek 170 º
Verticale kijkhoek 170 º
Aantal tuners 1
OSD
Comb filter
Ontvangstnorm PAL, SECAM, NTSC

Teletekst
Teletekst
Aantal pagina's in geheugen 1000

Overig
Muziekvermogen 20 Watt
Scart-ingang 2
S-video ingang
Componentingang
Aantal HDMI-ingangen 1
PC-ingang DVI
Hoofdtelefoon uitgang
Energieverbruik 160 watt
Gewicht 23 kg

Introductie model 2006
Afmetingen (H x B x D) 63 x 102 x 10 cm

Couldnt find the english details.

Anyway its not the best, but im looking for a decent size vs price. Have seen it in the shop and like the look of it.

The price is 450pounds (gameshop last few models as they arent being made anymore), not bad for 37inch. Worth it? Been looking at it and the price for awhile now and the high street shops have it at 650-700 and the cheapest online is 550.

The new model is LE37S81B and costs about 550 aswell (cheapest online).
le37r81_l.jpg

Beelddiagonaal 94 cm
Helderheid 500 cd/m²
Contrast ratio 7000 : 1
Resolutie 1366 x 768 pixels
HD-ready
Horizontale kijkhoek 170 º
Verticale kijkhoek 170 º
Aantal tuners 1
Scherm in scherm picture and picture
OSD
Ontvangstnorm PAL

Teletekst
Teletekst
Aantal pagina's in geheugen 1000

Overig
Muziekvermogen 20 Watt
ACI
Scart-ingang 2
S-video ingang
Componentingang
Aantal HDMI-ingangen 2
PC-ingang
Hoofdtelefoon uitgang
Gewicht 17,2 kg

Kleur(en) Zwart
Introductie model 2007
Afmetingen (H x B x D) 60,2 x 101 x 9,3 cm

Not sure whether to wait to see if this goes even lower or go for the 2006 model.

I've ordered the Panasonic TX32LXD70 - I did it god damn it!! It also nearly got best buy on the 'Which?' site. the only thing that let it down in their review was the sound when in Analogue mode.

I will let you know my thoughts on it when I get it - If your interested?

I will look around for a wall mount and check out the AV forums cheers Ash.

Back
Top Bottom