The Transfer Speculation & Discussion Thread

Don't City have to keep Sinclair and Rodwell for the home grown rule?

Off the top of my head our HG (of note) are:

Hart
Wright
Richards
Boyata
Rekik *
Nastasic *
Clichy
Zucullini *
Rodwell
Milner
Lampard (feels strange writing his name)
Sinclair
Guidetti

and Lopes* and Huws* who are out on loan at Lille and Wigan

* Don't have to be registered in the 25 (U-21's).

So currently (not counting the foreigner -Garcia- we will have to sell when Mangala goes through) we have 27 players (17+10) to register, so 2 HG have to leave.

Of the registerable HG players, I expect Richards, Rodwell, Sinclair and Guidetti will leave, meaning we will have a 23 man squad plus one of Rekik/Nastasic (one will leave -hopefully only on loan- as we don't need a 5th proper CB -Boyata is rubbish enough for that :P) - so a 24 man squad in reality, which is pretty normal

Zucculini is expected to go on loan to Deportivo, with some reports suggesting he will take over from Lampard in late Jan.

------------

BuNZ01DCYAAZPAB.jpg

Rodwell in Sunderland for his medical. £10m being reported. Not bad given he cost 12m and is always injured.
Tho if he gets over his injuries he will be worth it. Good luck to him.

Last edited:
Rekik is 19 so doesn't need to be registered. The difference between him and Nastasic is that Rekik will always be HG whereas Nastasic will turn into a foreigner next season. If we had signed Nastasic a year earlier he would have always been HG by virtue of being at the club for 3 years prior to turning 21.

Sinclair isn't good enough

Rafa Márquez (León FC) to join Hellas Verona, he'll be presented this week

EDIT: funny how they already had a Rafael Marques in the squad

Last edited:
Anyone knows if Loris Karius, GK from Mainz 05 is any good. He's been linked with a move to Benfica, but I don't know the slightest thing about him.

I think he did pretty well in the games he did for Mainz. Had some smaller mistakes at the beginning, but at first, they disappeared after some matches and second, he is still young, mistakes happen.

I really like Karius and think he can grow into a impressive keeper. His domination of the penalty are is really nice especially if you consider his age.

Robinho (A.C. Milan) -------------> (Santos FC) (1 year loan with option to buy him)

Till tomorrow all gonna be official.

Thanks for all Robin-Hood :)

Morgan Schneiderlin (Southampton) ----> Arsenal
Ryo Miyaichi (Arsenal) ----> Southampton
Yaya Sanogo (Arsenal) ----> Southampton
Francis Cocquelin (Arsenal) ----> Southampton

Back
Top Bottom