The Transfer Speculation & Discussion Thread

Fernando Llorente (Juventus) --> Valencia CF
Radamel Falcao (AS Monaco) --> Juventus (Loan)

Marcos Rojo (Sporting Clube de Portugal) --> Manchester United (€20.000.000 and Nani on loan for the rest of the season)

W28tx6T.gif

Marcos Rojo (Sporting Clube de Portugal) --> Manchester United (€20.000.000 and Nani on loan for the rest of the season)

That is batsh*t crazy and more utter incompetence from the 'CEO' running United. We're becoming a farce.

a. He's worth nowhere near that amount, and isn't a top player anyway.
b. Nani might be crap, but we'll be subsidizing his wages and he's the only threatening winger we have at the club other than a 19 year old.

Given how awful the deal is for United, I expect it to go through shortly.

At this day and age you won't get a good player for cheap, unless you are finding young gems at "obscure" leagues.

Rojo made huge progress last year, but I personally don't rate him very high. He's a bit inconsistent for a CB. However, if the plan is to play with 3 at the back I think that's the perfect role for him. He's a bit of hybrid between CB and LB, and in that scheme his athleticism can be put to better use and his lack of focus may not cause so much damage as in a 2-CB scheme.

If we sold Negredo (doubtful) and the other 4 lads we could sign pretty much anyone we wanted (bar the obvious) as we'd have around 70m to spend.

Don't think we'll be signing anyone else this window. Think we're keeping our powder dry for Pogba/Barkley/Isco.

Well well well, seems Balotelli is in his way to LFC... could be officil tonight, he already said goodbye to Milan players. If he can keep his head straight(wich is hard) its a major signing!

EPL won't really be fun until it's primarily Englishmen playing there. Until then it's just another parody of too much money and no brains.

I don't understand why either RM or Di Maria would want this deal. Is he getting too old for RM?

this is the usual florentino perez policy. he thinks any player who doesn't have huge popularity is replaceable with no regard for what's happening on the pitch and sells them when they're marketable enough for him. people seem to forget this lately because mourinho was not a manager who wants to see new popstars in his team every summer and blocked this policy for a few years. after he's gone, last summer it happened to özil, this summer it's di maria, next summer probably modric it will be. as it happened to the likes of redondo and makelele in perez's first term.

if I were a great footballer, I'd never think about joining real madrid under florentino perez.

this is the usual florentino perez policy. he thinks any player who doesn't have huge popularity is replaceable with no regard for what's happening on the pitch and sells them when they're marketable enough for him. people seem to forget this lately because mourinho was not a manager who wants to see new popstars in his team every summer and blocked this policy for a few years. after he's gone, last summer it happened to özil, this summer it's di maria, next summer probably modric it will be. as it happened to the likes of redondo and makelele in perez's first term.

if I were a great footballer, I'd never think about joining real madrid under florentino perez.

+1 to every word.

Back
Top Bottom