The Transfer Speculation & Discussion Thread

but then again, Southampton sold Lambert and Lallana to LFC, normal deals, basicly Lallana was sold for biger price only.. then Lovren and Schneiderlin publically criticised owners for lack of ambition, despiet Southampton buying as well, they brought in Ronald Koeman, Dušan Tadić, Graziano Pelle, and are looking to bring Forster and Virgil van Dijk from Celtic, wich are all very good and also internationally experienced players... not to mention Southampton has academy like no other in England and now also money, nearly 100 mil. pounds, that can buy them many great players with coach like Koeman.. I think personally they can be a good team again this season despite the loss of many players..

all in all if the money is re-invested in football in terms of buying better players, no harm is done imo. Seems like Southampton owners want to invest all the money in football to make the team better..

"It was in the best interests of the club and our re-build to make those deals and continue to build forward with players and a team that wanted to go the hard way into Europe.

"There was interest in our players before the World Cup and our executive worked to put deals together to give us a strong position to reinvest and build.

"We were completely ready to have players stay against their desires if we didn't reach the target prices.

"In the next few weeks we'll have players coming in and we will make transfers to strengthen the squad.

"We understand the frustrations of the fans but we needed to stay silent to bring the best deals for the club."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...fer-exodus-crisis-point-3934341#ixzz38wX6DOS8

oh and Shaw, show me any team in world who would not accept 30 milions for 18 year old player after a good season in the game, of Southampton status.

Last edited:
oh Pipa, another of your bullshit posts.
Imagine that you are a Southampton fan, how would you react ?

Imagine Liverpool selling all their best players...imagine Sturridge, Coutinho and Sterling leaving. How would the other players react (cfr Schneiderlin) and imagine Brendan Rodgers leaving for Spurs and then Henderson asking to leave for Spurs...your reaction would be:

"Great we have all this money to buy good players and we have a fantastic academy"

Don't think so.

As a Spurs fan i was happy Pocchetino came to White Heart Lane, but as a football fan i well aware that it is a shame...i'm most of all a football fan...

bullshit posts? Southampton are not Liverpool, United or Arsenal..

Liverpool FIGHTED for being in CL to be able to buy best players..or best players of other clubs that they think can improve their squad.

When Tottenham was in CL they bought for them best players and also players prefered them over for example LFC...

as a LFC fan i accepted us being shit but now we are in CL and i expect nothing less for us than to buy and compete.

i know it´s unfair, but it doesn´t seem that anyone in FIFA want´s to stop it.. there always be those better clubs and those who want to be better.

In the 60's Liverpool as a club was not bigger than Southampton. Liverpool succeded to become one of the biggest clubs in the world with players from their academy and from the Liverpool area.
I see quite a lot of similarities between that Liverpool andcurrent day Southampton. The only difference is that Liverpool had the chance to become a biggerclub while Southampton will never get that chance.

I can understand that you are happy Liverpool bought players like Lallana, Lambert and Lovren, but to say this is also good for Southampton is a couple of bridges too far.

You say that Southampton are not Liverpool, Arsenal or United. That is true;But from those three clubs only Arsenal was a big club before the 50's. My piint is that clubs like Liverpool and United had the opportunity to become bigger, Soutahmpton hasn't unless they can find a Sugar daddy. If they finf one like Chelsea or Man City, they are universally hated because of it.

My point is that a well run football club can never become a big succesfull club since the beginning of the EPL.

That way it is relatively easy to play CL and become a big club. Rodgers is seen as a fantastic manager, but he would never be able to play CL football with clubs like Swansea andSouthampton. Both clubs seemed valuable additions to a league that desperately needs "new" competitors. The system is killing them both. I wonder if they will still be in the EPL at the end of the season... a club like QPR never added anything to the EPL and football, yet they are back again...

Rant over, i'm sorry. Don't take it too personal pippa, but sometimes you are extremely biased.

To end with a more positive note. Suarez' transfer has resulted in one fan who stopped supporting Barcelona and became a fan of Liverpool: my son. He wants a Liverpool kit. The fact that Origi signed for Liverpool may also have played a role, but he definitely changed his mind since Suarez left. He even refused to play with Liverpool on FIFA... His first reaction after the transfer news: "now i finally can play with Liverpool in FIFA15".

@gerd

I wonder if Soton are so successful for being the only surrounding club. They can pick the very best in the area? I mean imagine Tesco being the only store in a isolated area forcing the nearby counties to travel far to Tesco making them more of a demand. Soton been producing players for a long time already and they could be a force by getting into Europe.

I do feel for them as a club and for the fans...I love after each match Theo n Alex Ox always walks to the Soton fans and applaud them.Home n away!

you can´t compare the situation back then and now, back then football was a sport only, now it is buisiness.

Southampton has an opportunity to become bigger, but only with rules like sallary cap.. in fact all the teams with sallary cap would equal, but that won´t be financially productive for those who run football.

Europe isn´t same market as USA if it comes to sport...therefore the idea of all equal teams in one league or whole UEFA is not possible.

IIt's a shame that Southampton can't add to what they already had, and make a very realistic push for CL, instead of having to replace half a team. However, with the right scouting, they can find better replacements on the continent with the money they've received. In England 25m gets you lallana. On the continent 25m gets you Silva, Fabregas, Isco. Obviously, it'd be nigh on impossible for Southampton to attract already established stars like those 3 but they can get a Lallana type player from europe and still have a nice bit of change left over.

They should take a look at Valbuena for starters. He's going for peanuts

However, if they are successful in the market they can expect to have to go through it alll over again in a year or 2

Last edited:
Same thing is happening to Feyenoord atm, they lost the 3 starters out of their back four (de Vrij, Martins-Indi and Janmaat) and their star sriker (Pellè). They're a bigger club than both Soton and Swansea, but they're still loosing their players and on top of that they're getting less money from selling off.

I agree with situation being ridiculous atm for Southampton, but they got two of the Eredivisie's best players last year for cheap, while getting big money for their own key players, some of the signings (Tadic notably) are even better than their counterparts. They have a good coach and they still have time and money to re-build so let's not start blaming everyone else for Southampton's mistakes; they could've kept their players, but they chose to sell, they should start dealing with the repercussions of their choices... end of discussion.

Remember Arsenal went through it... Selling players and couldn't hold on too. It's still that way , players move on and so the world keeps turning.
We need a 'deal wit it' pics lol I sort of understand the fans worrisomeness

this is weird, i agree with gerd:LOL:, apart from the saying southampton is little part but it is a shame what is happening to them, not only does it damage them it damages the league. fact is the only teams to win the PL are man utd, arsenal and sugar daddy teams, they just fuck all the other teams in the ass and take their best players. english football was better before the PL came out in 1992 when there wasn't TV money and global fans only supporting the teams that win. the quality was probably down but the competition was legit, the game was more level and it wasn't the same 2-3 teams winning the league every year. what happens is rich teams get richer and other teams just go defunct.

Yeah but with CL, all players want to play it, mostly.. Then there are sallarys, best teams who have a world wide support, can afford what others can´t... the fact of support can´t be won by nothing else but success or perhaps game style etc...

If there is dominantly Premier League matches are shown all over the world, these teams are not English anymore, they are international...

you see english teams in pre season tours, making money as well traveling all around the world.. i would say every team like that is happy to be international team, couse this way they make money..

even smaller teams from PL now attract people around the world in preseason games..

it´s all about the TV coverage around the world and the attraction of people to PL mostly..that is why it is most popular, then in Spanish speaking countries the same Real vs Barcelona...

People want to see best teams with best players, best players DREAM about best teams...it can´t be changed, even if it´s unfair...to those smaller teams. Otherwise Champions league wouldn´t be so popular, people want to see best vs best... more than Europa league for example...

Last edited:
Lampard ---> City (6 month loan)

That's a weird one, aren't there rules about transferring players between two clubs owned by the same body?

I feel like it's a pretty awesome way to get around FFP if not. Just have City's NYFC buy all the best players in the world, then loan them to City.

The best players in the world are hardly going to sign for NYCFC tho

Dunno about the rules but Villa is going on loan to Melbourne City

Last edited:
I think the rules are that you're not allowed to own and transfer between two teams within the same league/pyramid structure (except the B team systems)

Back
Top Bottom