The Transfer Speculation & Discussion Thread

Well depends how you look at it, Baines is the most productive LB in EPL and he's english (adds value) which at the very minimum would value him at £15m.
I'd agree with £15m for Baines. He's a good player, and a great in between while Fabio/Buttner develop and Evrs continues his slide into the abyss..

Lets not forget EFC paied £17.5M for Fellaini so it would be nonsense to sell him for anything under £25M, since he is a much better/accomplish/proven player than back when he arrived(red card machine).

Paying that much for him was stupid then, and isn't much better now. I maintain that there are many players of much more talent that him in the market at better prices, the only issue is he's the player United need over anyone else.

For example we have been linked with Modric, but with him and Carrick in midfield and then Kagawa (assuming Rooney is gone) we will have a huge lack of defensive cover in the middle.

Football is a business, and when a niche position is required then prices will be higher, that's exactly what us happening with Fellaini.

30 million would be an insult. United have to watch out not to become a second Arsenal.
I don't necessarily disagree about the 'real' value of football players, but United should not forget that football is an over inflated market...
I also sympathise with Everton.
If they loose their two best players, they should get enough money for them, it's time transfer market ceases to be like colonialism...
It would be good for English football if Everton got a very goog prize for both of them...otherwise no transfer.

Agree, but im very calm about this situation, Bill wont sell them cheap. Fellaini imo will go if they pay 25m and Baines another 15-20M...

With that kind of money and the new manager i think it would be interesting to see what Martinez would do to rebuild the team, i dare to say that Roberto would actually enjoy those transfers to happens(for the right money) wich would mean he would be able to build a new team with more of his style and likes.

Last edited:
I'd agree with £15m for Baines. He's a good player, and a great in between while Fabio/Buttner develop and Evrs continues his slide into the abyss..

Paying that much for him was stupid then, and isn't much better now. I maintain that there are many players of much more talent that him in the market at better prices, the only issue is he's the player United need over anyone else.

For example we have been linked with Modric, but with him and Carrick in midfield and then Kagawa (assuming Rooney is gone) we will have a huge lack of defensive cover in the middle.

Football is a business, and when a niche position is required then prices will be higher, that's exactly what us happening with Fellaini.

If Fellaini was playing these last 3 seasons for Arsenal, Utd or Chelsea, the same way he did for us he would be recognized as one of the best CM`s in the game and still at a very young age(wich boosts any transfer fee)... the thing is that Everton will not hype players like the rich clubs, thus many plp may think 25m is too much for him.

Well thats my opinion on it.

BTW, how much was Witsel sold for?

Last edited:
The thing is from Everton's point of view it makes no sense at all to sell the players for that kind of money. They won't be able to get replacements as good as them for that price, they might as well keep both, wait a year see if there are more offers or even wait til the contracts run out.

It's like what Dortmund are doing with Lewandowski, Dortmund thought that the value of him to them this season was more than what Bayern were offering so they decided to keep him (there was also an idea that Dortmund didnt want to sell again to Bayern, but I think economic value was more of a factor). In Everton's case it makes even more sense to keep both since firstly they have longer contracts than Lewandowski, secondly both seem less likely to go on strike (or create tension) if not sold, and thirdly the offer from Man Utd was more below market value than Bayern's offer for Lewandowski (who can leave for free in 9 months).

The thing is from Everton's point of view it makes no sense at all to sell the players for that kind of money. They won't be able to get replacements as good as them for that price, they might as well keep both, wait a year see if there are more offers or even wait til the contracts run out.

It's like what Dortmund are doing with Lewandowski, Dortmund thought that the value of him to them this season was more than what Bayern were offering so they decided to keep him (there was also an idea that Dortmund didnt want to sell again to Bayern, but I think economic value was more of a factor). In Everton's case it makes even more sense to keep both since firstly they have longer contracts than Lewandowski, secondly both seem less likely to go on strike (or create tension) if not sold, and thirdly the offer from Man Utd was more below market value than Bayern's offer for Lewandowski (who can leave for free in 9 months).

Yeh, theres also that side of things, evan if EFC gets a big chunk money for both, who would we be able to attract anyway?

I mean no high caliber player will go to EFC since we dont have CL football to offer and also no sugar daddy to promisse a new high profile team in the near future... that would mean we would problaby have to bet on new players for those spots, and since they are our 2 best players(actually by far) that could mean a serious drop of performance this season, wich would be extremly bad and unfairly pointed as Martinez fault.

If Fellaini was playing these last 3 seasons for Arsenal, Utd or Chelsea, the same way he did for us he would be recognized as one of the best CM`s in the game and still at a very young age(wich boosts any transfer fee)... the thing is that Everton will not hype players like the rich clubs, thus many plp may think 25m is too much for him.

Well thats my opinion on it.

BTW, how much was Witsel sold for?

I'd personallly still despise his style of play, he's a thug of a player imo.

Witsel sold for a price between £30-40m it wasn't disclosed so prices are speculation, but I think his was a release clause price. Something Porto, Benfica and Sporting all use amazingly well.

I'd personallly still despise his style of play, he's a thug of a player imo.

Witsel sold for a price between £30-40m it wasn't disclosed so prices are speculation, but I think his was a release clause price. Something Porto, Benfica and Sporting all use amazingly well.

I c, id value Fellaini as about Witsel price range.

Anyway, i get the feeling that this Fellaini-Baines saga is a no good situation between both Utd and EFC fans, i mean Utd fans mostly say they arent worth what EFC asks and on the otherside EFC fans think they are worth evan more, so if it happens we will surely see one part not very happy with it regardless of wich.

Seems the only happy camper would be Moyes, and problaby Bill for getting money in... lol

I know generally it's not a bad idea to bid low initially so you've got somewhere to go with a 2nd bid, but like Arsenal we've already shown our hand by announcing we have plenty of money to spend.

It's really has been quite a bizarre transfer window, we'll see if it's successful or not on the 2nd September I guess.

Geoffrey Kondogbia - Sevilla > Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Monaco (£17.2m release clause)

check this out, dunno if legit...
BSDJtqVCIAARhlS.jpg:large

Last edited:
Also to end the rumours about Falcao:

Radamel Falcao ‏@FALCAO 2m
A pesar de la desinformación de los medios de comunicación mi presente profesional esta con el Mónaco. Por favor basta de especulaciones!!

Also to end the rumours about Falcao:

A pesar de la desinformación de los medios de comunicación mi presente profesional esta con el Mónaco. Por favor basta de especulaciones!!

Could you translate please, I don't like using Google cause it tends to be incoherent :)

Could you translate please, I don't like using Google cause it tends to be incoherent :)

Here you go!

Dear TJO, please stop jinx that poor TSO lad! Enough is enough!!

#Hahaha Ok, there's the real deal:

Even though all the speculation in the media, I'm focused in playing for Monaco. Enough with the speculation!

Last edited:
Willian makes sense but Roma is selling Lamela? I don't see why they would.

EDIT:

p.s. For me personally, Fellaini is worth at LEAST $25M! Not sure how there can be people that don't rate him. He's an absolute BEAST and would improve any team he joins. I think he would be a terrific buy for Man Utd and is exactly what they need. I would spend the required money to get him and am confident he would prove his worth.

Last edited:
It will be 93m for Bale, but then Spurs will buy Coentrao for about 15m so Bale will be the most expensive transfer ever.

Bale is superclass, but he is overpriced, he's 70 million euros at max ..
not those crazy amounts ..

I would love seing him in Madrid, but this means Ozil will be benchwarmer ..

there's one other option, playing with Ronaldo as a free striker ..
with Bale on the wings, Ozil and Isco are both AMF, or Ozil and Bale as wingers with Isco as AMF

All these are reported to be nearly done:

Boriello --> Fulham
Erding --> Stoke City
Ziegler --> Sassuolo
Sansone --> Sassuolo
Chisbah --> Sassuolo

there's one other option, playing with Ronaldo as a free striker ..
with Bale on the wings, Ozil and Isco are both AMF, or Ozil and Bale as wingers with Isco as AMF

I reckon Ronaldo as the free striker and then the fluid trio of Isco, Bale and Ozil behind.. also with Di Maria coming of the bench..

I reckon Ronaldo as the free striker and then the fluid trio of Isco, Bale and Ozil behind.. also with Di Maria coming of the bench..

Thats a dream formation in any video game, but has Ronaldo ever performed well as a free lone striker? I personally dont recall... can only remember memorable performances from him cutting inside from the left wing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom