The Transfer Speculation & Discussion Thread

"We still have funds available," he said. "But I want to say for certain that we have no interest in buying Coentrao or Arbeloa. We will buy the players we are interested in, not those we don’t need."

Sounds like he sending a message out : PLZ!! RM/Perez stop dropping players at our door step :LOL:

I think Martinez or Sanchez might be there best opt. Although Suarez could join them for £15m :P

Libor Kozák (Lazio) -----> Wigan

Hmmmm...

Vladimir Darida (Viktoria Plzen) -----> SC Freiburg

Maybe next season, if Viktoria won't win league. But now they have a real chance to play CL, so it's better than "only" EL :P

Last edited:
Very surprizing indeed, didnt think Dempsey would go back to the US this early in his career. He would fit right in with Everton :(

Opinions over here about the transfer are mixed. A lot of people would love to see him go to Everton or even back to Fulham where he could still compete in a very good league, but also be able to see the field in a World Cup year. He is our national team captain after all and he sets the tone for the rest of the group! Part of me wonders if he is frustrated by having to prove himself over and over and over again to new managers. Hodgson, Hughes, Jol, and Villas-Boas all relegated him to the bench at the beginning of their tenures, only to reinstate Clint to their starting elevens by seasons' end. I've always thought of Clint as deserving more respect than that. It seems that Martinez would be a lot easier to get along with, but I'm also sure Clint is probably wondering if that same situation might happen again. I recognize that he'll never be a superstar, but in my opinion he is a player that deserves to be starting in the Premier League. I guess well see what happens this next season and what it does for our World Cup hopes.

Opinions over here about the transfer are mixed. A lot of people would love to see him go to Everton or even back to Fulham where he could still compete in a very good league, but also be able to see the field in a World Cup year. He is our national team captain after all and he sets the tone for the rest of the group! Part of me wonders if he is frustrated by having to prove himself over and over and over again to new managers. Hodgson, Hughes, Jol, and Villas-Boas all relegated him to the bench at the beginning of their tenures, only to reinstate Clint to their starting elevens by seasons' end. I've always thought of Clint as deserving more respect than that. It seems that Martinez would be a lot easier to get along with, but I'm also sure Clint is probably wondering if that same situation might happen again. I recognize that he'll never be a superstar, but in my opinion he is a player that deserves to be starting in the Premier League. I guess well see what happens this next season and what it does for our World Cup hopes.

Good post, agree with it...

If i was in charge of EFC id sell Fellaini for 20m and get Clint cheap in a heart beat, imo if Martinez is finnally changing EFC style of play away from the hoofball Moyes loved so much Dempsey would be substantially better than Fellaini playing off Kone.

United to give up on Fabregas and switch instead to Schweinsteiger.. I'm thinking its a case of "well, we tried.. not very hard.. but we did"

Recon it wont be easier to lure Bastian than it was Fabregas right?

Seems mightily convenient that our targets so far have been: Thiago - who after his move to Bayern it was suggested had not not made contact with United, Fabregas - lifelong Barca fan playing for Barca, already played for Arsenal and said he wants to fight for his place and now Schweinsteiger - played for Bayern his whole footballing life, is now 29 (?) years old and has just won the champions league and seems a logical choice to succeed Lahm as captain if Phillip should retire while Bastian is still a big part of the team.

Just seems like Uniteds transfer business has been done since the moment Moyes signed. The links are being made just to boost Moyes' reputation and sugar coat the inevitable arrival of Fellaini.

Yeh, could be that, but Utd will pay big money for Fellaini now, read that his release clause was only valid until july 31, so now EFC can ask for as much as they want, thats what plp have been saying on EFC foruns anyway.

Park Ji-Sung (Queens Park Rangers) ---> PSV Eindhoven (on loan)
Adel Taarabt (Queens Park Rangers) ---> Fulham FC
Loïc Rémy (Queens Park Rangers) ---> Newcastle United
Júlio César (Queens Park Rangers) ---> ACF Fiorentina (on loan)
Joey Barton (Queens Park Rangers) ---> Anywhere but the Championship :P

Oscar Cardozo(SL Benfica) or Emmanuel Emenike(Spartak Moscow) --> Fenerbahçe SK.

Who is the best ?

They are two different type of strikers and IMO what Fenerbahce needs is more the Cardozo type because I can see Emenike type in Sow ;)

Back
Top Bottom