The Transfer Speculation & Discussion Thread

Selling him for 10/12m gives us 25/27m to play with. That's 190k-200k a week wages and a loyalty payment for seeing out his 5 year contract, and of course the 10/12m fee.

I'm used to it but when it comes to City people just love to throw out big sounding (and often overly rounded up) numbers, numbers which they just don't do with most other clubs. RVP is reportedly costing Utd at least 70m over four years, not taking into account title bonuses, so what?

Hopefully we have a good replacement in the pipeline. Wouldn't mind Ibra! tho with his wages that's unlikely. Maybe Villa or Higuain? Will be interesting who we go for seeing how Cavani is too expensive and Isco looks Madrid-bound. I like the look of Bernard but he'd be a gamble.

Last edited:
Selling him for 10/12m gives us 25/27m to play with. That's 190k-200k a week wages and a loyalty payment for seeing out his 5 year contract, and of course the 10/12m fee.

I'm used to it but when it comes to City people just love to throw out big sounding (and often overly rounded up) numbers, numbers which they just don't do with most other clubs. RVP is reportedly costing Utd at least 70m over four years, not taking into account title bonuses, so what?

Hopefully we have a good replacement in the pipeline. Wouldn't mind Ibra! tho with his wages that's unlikely. Maybe Villa or Higuain? Will be interesting who we go for seeing how Cavani is too expensive and Isco looks Madrid-bound. I like the look of Bernard but he'd be a gamble.

You're absolutely right, transfer fees tell only a fraction of the story, there are a lot of additional expenditures (and in case of some of the world's best, revenues), that come with a signing or sale.

I am already imagine the outrage w Gunners fans if City lands Villa or Higuain and they end up with something lesser or no CF at all. Don't think Wenger and the board would be safe walking the streets of London! :ROLL:

I'm sure it would please bebo if we snatched Higuain :P
:SHAKE:
Its like the movie Ants, we harvest and you lots are the grasshoppers that take our food for the season away. :COAT: City already has the best squad in the league. You just had the wrong manager to get the best out of players.

Interesting, was impressive in the U20's 4-1 win against the USA. Imo Spurs will be the better choice for him as I can't see him getting too much time at Liverpool.

If he were to go to Spurs on loan, he'd probably give Lennon competition on the wing, Overall he's a class player.

Oussama Assaidi (Liverpool FC) ---> PSV Eindhoven (on loan + buy option)

Not sure about this one, but I hope it's true.

Yeah me too, he's been mistreated at Liverpool. I hope this comes true so he'll get a chance to reboot his career.

Yeah me too, he's been mistreated at Liverpool. I hope this comes true so he'll get a chance to reboot his career.

mistreated? how do you mean it? maybe there is a slight chance that he wasn´t good enough? He was weak when signed to play, becouse fasting for ramadan and then he went to Africa cup of nations. Sterling did more on field than him so i can´t see where he was mistreated...

mistreated? how do you mean it? maybe there is a slight chance that he wasn´t good enough? He was weak when signed to play, becouse fasting for ramadan and then he went to Africa cup of nations. Sterling did more on field than him so i can´t see where he was mistreated...

Assaidi never got his chance at Liverpool , so it wasn't fair , i feel like everyone got his chance just Assaidi didn't , and I think wasn't far , those bit minutes he got he wasn't bad at all , Downing had so many bad games and why never give him a chance inside of downing who had 5 bad match's 1 decent match !

Liverpool wasn't fair with Assaidi !

Back
Top Bottom