The Transfer Speculation & Discussion Thread

Arshavin (Arsenal) ---> Beşiktaş

or

Arshavin (Arsenal) ---> Zenit SPb

Wherever he went, I sincerely wish him to be happy in the new club and often go out on the field. Good Luck Shava. ;)

Wouldn't be much of a shocker if true considering this rumor has been around for quite a while now but red cafe is now saying that based on skybet odds and twitter saying this is a done deal;

Kevin Strootman (PSV Eindhoven)------> Man United

Not believing it until I see confirmation from the club or player though.

Does anyone on here know anything about him? I haven't seen the Eredevsie for years :(

Does anyone on here know anything about him? I haven't seen the Eredevsie for years :(

He's a left-footed "yaya touré" with a great ball control and he's really good when it comes to short passing. He is a great tackler as well, he's exactly what utd need to strengthen their midfield.

Last edited:
He's a white left-footed "yaya touré" with a great ball control and he's really good when it comes to short passing. He is a great tackler as well, he's exactly what utd need to strengthen their midfield.

Wow, that's nice to hear :) Fingers crossed - I like that Fergie retired before actually buying a central midfielder.

IMO he's nothing special, a decent player but rather ordinary. If he's a Ya Ya Touré, he's a poor man's version.

Whenever I've seen him (not much, just a few PSV games and a few Dutch qualifiers/friendlies) he's basically looked like Gareth Barry.

Can't see why we'd ever buy him but a midfielder is a midfielder I guess.

He's a left-footed "yaya touré" with a great ball control and he's really good when it comes to short passing. He is a great tackler as well, he's exactly what utd need to strengthen their midfield.

I feel this describes what his problem is really, he has a very good range of passing, is a good tackler by the standards expected on midfielders and a fairly accurate shot but tries too hard to influence to the game across the entire pitch like Toure does and as such limits his true impact at either end, because he's simply not at the same level as players like Toure.

He would do well to focus his play style on either becoming an out and out playmaker in the No.10 role (but maybe drawing a little deeper than Rooney or Kagawa would) or on becoming a deep lying playmaker looking to break opposition play up and spark our own, like a more technically gifted Roy Keane. If he could do the latter I'd be very happy.

Well they have to: Fernandinho is leaving, Willian left. So logically who'd be a better replacement to those two than two other young Brazilian talents.

Edit: Also heard Mkhitaryan could be leaving for Liverpool.

Last edited:
Younes Belhanda (Montpellier HSC) ---> AC Milan/FC Internazionale Milan/Atlético Madrid/Galatasaray/Aston Villa.

Nicollin said that he almost agreed on the fee (14-15M€) with these teams and that now it was Belhanda's choice.

About Belhanda, i've read in the "Rumour Mill" on the Guardian website that Belhando would prefer Aston Villa of all those clubs...Perhaps it was menat ironic, but i didn't have that impression...that is strange unless Belahnda wants to have a step by step carreer...(wich might be sensible).

Still, it would be a strange choice...

About Belhanda, i've read in the "Rumour Mill" on the Guardian website that Belhando would prefer Aston Villa of all those clubs...Perhaps it was menat ironic, but i didn't have that impression...that is strange unless Belahnda wants to have a step by step carreer...(wich might be sensible).

Still, it would be a strange choice...
Hmm that would be VERY strange indeed since he said he'd definitely prefer a CL club ...

Marco van Ginkel (Vitesse Arnhem)---> Chelsea FC
I see that we're finally using our good relation with the club into our advantage, would've considered getting Bony too, he's been phenomenal this season.

Wesley Sneijder (Galatasaray AS)---> Chelsea FC
According to several papers Mou is eager to work with him again, I don't think he's seen what Mata is capable of yet.

happy-yes-1.jpg

Julio César (QPR) ---> Arsenal

Julio Cesar looks certain to join Arsenal with bookies so confident the deal is done they have already suspended betting on the move.

The Brazilian keeper has been widely linked with the Gunners after Arsene Wenger identified the QPR No.1 as the man to answer the north Londoners problems between the sticks.

Cesar,confirmed in the build-up to the friendly vs England that he was likely to leave the relegated Hoops and was keen to stay in England.

‘I am enjoying London and I love the Premier League,’ he said.

Sky Bet are so convinced the deal has been agreed that they announced on Sunday morning betting on the account had been suspended.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/02/betti...-keeper-julio-cesars-move-to-arsenal-3825170/

Back
Top Bottom