The Transfer Speculation & Discussion Thread

Hulk will struggle in the Prem.

He's crap IMO. Powerful left foot and a fat arse are all he's got.

He reminds me a little bit of Adriano - in that I've seen him maybe 15 times, 13 of which he was crap and the other 2 he looked like he was from a distant world where footballers are simply better in every way.

He reminds me a little bit of Adriano - in that I've seen him maybe 15 times, 13 of which he was crap and the other 2 he looked like he was from a distant world where footballers are simply better in every way.

not really , Adriano was class , shame he's carer struggle because of his personal life !

You just stole my comment.

A powerfull left and a fat arse...i think Rooney has a powerfull right and a fat arse...he's doing quite good in the EPL Matherto...

I agree with PLF. Hulk is good.

I think the jury is still out on Hulk. He's scored a lot of goals for Porto but in a more even league (Russia) he's been a bit patchy, if you look at his CL / Europa league ratio it's about 1 in 3 (compared with a domestic league ratio of 1 goal in 2). Just to compare this with Falcao, the Colombian has a CL/Europa ratio of 1 to 1.17 (almost a goal a game) and a domestic ratio of 1 to 1.25. I havent got a breakdown of Cavani's European vs Serie A goals, but his overall ratio is 1 to 1.33 so it's a better rate than Hulk.

I think he's a good player but definately not it the best bracket (like say Falcao or Cavani) - I think a team like Chelsea should be going for a better player and I don't think Hulk would be a guarenteed starter, and if this was the case he woould probably have another strop and want to leave. On that note the fact he wanted to leave Russia after about 3 weeks and the fact his value has dropped since going to Russia should set alarm bells ringing.

I think the jury is still out on Hulk. He's scored a lot of goals for Porto but in a more even league (Russia) he's been a bit patchy, if you look at his CL / Europa league ratio it's about 1 in 3 (compared with a domestic league ratio of 1 goal in 2). Just to compare this with Falcao, the Colombian has a CL/Europa ratio of 1 to 1.17 (almost a goal a game) and a domestic ratio of 1 to 1.25. I havent got a breakdown of Cavani's European vs Serie A goals, but his overall ratio is 1 to 1.33 so it's a better rate than Hulk.

I think he's a good player but definately not it the best bracket (like say Falcao or Cavani) - I think a team like Chelsea should be going for a better player and I don't think Hulk would be a guarenteed starter, and if this was the case he woould probably have another strop and want to leave. On that note the fact he wanted to leave Russia after about 3 weeks and the fact his value has dropped since going to Russia should set alarm bells ringing.

i do agree with u that hulk is not on the same standards of the likes of cavani and falcao... but:
1) cavani and falcao are among the very best strikers on the planet and only a handful of players could deserve mention along them, so there's no shame in being inferior to those two, as there are plenty of great offensive players who still aren't on par with them.

2) hulk doesn't really play in the same position of cavani and falcao, so a comparison with them isn't entirely fair.

3) hulk performances in russia probably suffered also because of the problems in his club's dressing room.

i think hulk is a very good player (although not a world beater probably). will he be a starter? i guess that depends on what other players chelsea will sign. is it a good signing? i guess that depends on the pricetag. 35 millions is way too much for a player like him imo. but then again a player's worth might change, according to the signing club and the market (35 millions would be a crazy pricetag for hulk in the italian market for a club like milan.... but in england.... and a for a club like chelsea, that sum would appear much less "substantial").
He's crap IMO. Powerful left foot and a fat arse are all he's got.
cut the man some slack. his name is "hulk".... he's supposed to be a bit bulky :P

Last edited:
From a pretty reliable journalist from The Times: Chelsea have had a £40m bid for Cavani rejected. Also offered one player in part-ex: not Torres or Ramires. Napoli want £53m, nothing less.

Cripes, I think that will take Chelsea's spending over the last 2 seasons above 200m!

FFP...bwwhahahaha.

According to a very well informed Italian journalist, Chelsea's first offer was 30m Euro's + Torres, then 53 million Euro's. Napoli wanted cash plus Ramires but Chelsea refused.

And Napoli want 63 million Euro's.

if de laurentis really doesn't settle for 50 millions and won't accept anything below the release clause, then that means he never wanted to sell cavani in the first place.
and that might actualy be correct, as they say napoli even offered a contract renewal last week (for 7 millions € per year, wich is crazy money for a club like napoli).
at this point though, i can't really see edinson accepting this offer, as european top clubs can offer him much more than 7 millions € per year).

even if it's for Cavani, Chelsea should never lose Ramires. well, if they're thinking to bring De Rossi instead, then it's not a problem. :P (oh, this is something never rumored, you're hearing it first from me)

even if it's for Cavani, Chelsea should never lose Ramires. well, if they're thinking to bring De Rossi instead, then it's not a problem. :P (oh, this is something never rumored, you're hearing it first from me)

actually there are a lot of rumours in italy about daniele leaving for chelsea this summer. it appears there's been a bit of a falling out this season between de rossi and roma, so this time he might actually leave for real (although it's not that likely).

but yeah, selling ramires would be madness.

In the season when they won the CL Ramires was Chelsea's best player IMO.
Last season somehow he had to search for his place and this very offensive team.
He was some sort of DMF and less briljant than usual.
Maybe Chelsea really want a destroyer in that position and then i can understand that they want to let him go to another team. But he is one hell of a player...

They should keep Ramries purely because he has some weird 'cheat code' whereby he is never booked despite countless fouls. It's a great skill to have.

Courtois claims that he's been given permission to return to Atletico for a 3rd season, so Chelsea payed for Atlectico to have a great keeper, brilliant business skills ;)

Go back few pages and you'll see that I reported before you :P

yup, you're right. as for that line, I just made it all up myself (because I'd like de rossi to play for a better team) and I had no source.

...because I'd like de rossi to play for a better team...

tumblr_m335ezUmnI1qaydoj.jpg

Back
Top Bottom