The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

Ties.
Didnt even have one on my wedding.
Cant understand why anyone would semi-hanged himself in the name of fashion. Fuck that.
Also - January. All and all - miserable month.

With you on ties, especially for work. My beef isn't necessarily with the tie, but the perception that wearing a tie makes someone look professional. It just doesn't. What looks professional to me is someone who appears to look after themselves. Case in point:

1641891730801.png

He'd look a whole lot more professional with no tie and combed hair. If you're going to take the piss out of 70m people at least do it with a bit of dignity.

I think I hate February more than January. At least with January there's a bit of buzz left from Christmas and New Year for me. And I tend to go into a new year with good intentions. Come February that buzz has gone, the intentions have been binned, and it's still cold and dark. It's the same logic that makes me dislike Tuesdays more than Mondays.

Case in point:
This is part of his tactics tho. He's a sneaky prick. Poses as this goofy, funny, friendly guy and with his goofyness he distracts people from all the difficult questions. Once you realise that and look at some of his interviews - its clear as day.
I remember once where he called muslim women letterboxes. Media people went to confront him and he came out like he just went through 3 skips of rubbish and kept offering them cup of tea until..... they actually fucking forgot they asked him questions and never got answers..
He knows exactly what he is doing and a lot of people falling for it.

As for Feb - another miserable twat of a month, but I keep telling myself its short.. ;)

This is part of his tactics tho. He's a sneaky prick. Poses as this goofy, funny, friendly guy and with his goofyness he distracts people from all the difficult questions. Once you realise that and look at some of his interviews - its clear as day.
I remember once where he called muslim women letterboxes. Media people went to confront him and he came out like he just went through 3 skips of rubbish and kept offering them cup of tea until..... they actually fucking forgot they asked him questions and never got answers..
He knows exactly what he is doing and a lot of people falling for it.

As for Feb - another miserable twat of a month, but I keep telling myself its short.. ;)

Oh yeah it's all deflect and distract with BoJo. Or, failing that, outright avoidance by hiding in fridges or stealing reporter's phones. Net is closing though...

Back to things that piss me off, I can't stand people eating 2 meals/snacks, and taking the sweet taste before the salty one.

IMHO the universal order should be, always:
1st salty taste, then 2nd sweet taste.

It should be a criminal offense, to take the sweet first.
Late to the party here, but I have a similar neurosis that I just can't ignore...

Like you, I think at a meal-time you have to go from savoury to sweet and then stop. The reverse disgusts me and I can't do it personally.

The weirdest bit - it happens to me with sweets, too. So if there are a selection of fruity sweets and chocolates, and you're going to have some of each... I absolutely CANNOT move from chocolate to fruity sweets. It makes me feel sick. It has to be - fruity sweets first, then a chocolate to finish, and absolutely NO going back.

(On a semi-related note, the phrase "fruity sweets" is known throughout my family, because every evening I use the phrase "do you know what I just fancy?" and the answer is always "fruity sweets". I always have some kind of fruity sweets in the house just in-case. Fruit chews, or Skittles, or - worst case scenario - boiled sweets. Fruity sweets are life.)

You know what's a wretched combo? Beer and anything sweet. If you're drinking beer and then eat something sweet, any subsequent beer tastes appalling.
But what's amazing is that chocolate/olives/Feta cheese all goes down with beer ,even gets better.
A bonus is that those also works perfectly with red wine/whisky/rum.

I have a worse version, i assume she being a Greek Wife has something to do, cause it's less fancy than a girlfriend.

Wife: Darling please do "A" for me!

Me: Ok, on my way!

Wife (again) ( while Me just starting to do "A" task) : Darling bring me "B" object, please!

Me: But i have just started doing "A"!

Wife: No, no, bring 'B' first, and then do "A"!

Me: Ok! Ahoy Captain!
(While i am in the middle)

Wife: Darling, darling...Stop right now whatever you do and bringb to me 'C' , 'D', 'E' and 'F'!

Me: But I am on 'B' now!

Wife: No do as i told you..And bring also 'G' if you can!!!!

(Me after a while, and after being in huge confusion, arriving with with D, E, and G...)

Me: i am back!

Wife: :( Oh you forgot C and F! You never pay attention to what i tell you..

Me: But you asked a branch of bullshite, how was it possible to remember everything?

Wife: No, no, i won't buy your apology, you are never focused when i tell something, I asked you 2 things and you did ZERO!!

Wife (again): And where is B? You forgot even that!! And look, you haven't done yet A?? It's been hours since i asked it from you, and you couldn't do even A! That's the problem, you never pay attention to my words, if it was something about Playstation or PES related, or this editing crap you do every night, you would be focused 100%, but for our house and our children, i am talking and you are daydreaming!

Me: Ohhhh Ef-off!!!.,................,..... :RANT:

Meanwhile another day.

I am fixing a furniture ,she asked me to fix in first place! And both my hands are occupied.

Me: Darling can you bring me A, i am in a situation here and don't have spare hand.

Wife: Yes darling, in a while, wait a little bit..........................,.........................................,.......

After she never responded, maybe hour passed, i am taking a pause, doing A myself and coming back to fixing then.

Wife: Did you asked anything ,cause i have a feeling, i forgot something!! :D

https://ibb.co/mS1YqF4

Attachments

• greek women.PNG
    greek women.PNG
    478.1 KB · Views: 14
VAR since day one really ,but the inconsistency of how/when the referee/Var room decides to check it is laughable.
Anyone watching Leeds v Newcastle right now knows what I'm referring to.
Horrible decision not to check a 100% pen for Newcastle.

VAR since day one really ,but the inconsistency of how/when the referee/Var room decides to check it is laughable.

100% agree. We have laughable decisions almost every gameday in Germany. I mean, what good is it if it's controlled by the same blind people who usually whistle shit on the field?

100% agree. We have laughable decisions almost every gameday in Germany. I mean, what good is it if it's controlled by the same blind people who usually whistle shit on the field?
Exactly ,could really live without it.
I'm perfectly fine with goal came and having refs checking for dives/bad stuff after the game to suspend or give retroactive cards.
I've never been to a game with Var ,but I guess id lose it if first cheering a goal then have it taken away because of a 2 cm offside

I'm petrified of VAR coming to Scotland. It just moves the problem sideways, and we'll still have two clubs (guess who) claiming bias and conspiracy.
Shit storm and tin foil narrative from Glasgow incoming.
Never seen two fan bases so obsessed with each other.

We've had talks here too ,but so far it's been voted down (thank god)

And another one. How can they not see that Jota stepped to his right to deliberately make contact with the keeper. As soon as he'd poked the ball ahead he stepped to his right when the ball was straight in front of him and probably going out of play.

And another one. How can they not see that Jota stepped to his right to deliberately make contact with the keeper. As soon as he'd poked the ball ahead he stepped to his right when the ball was straight in front of him and probably going out of play.
They really need to get some people in who knows football.

What made it worse was the referee didn't even award it at the time. So VAR actually instigated a penalty that wasn't!
Pretty much the story of yesterday ,were the ref refused to look at the situation and probably called the var room off ,but the opposite

Back
Top Bottom