The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

Lovefilm changing their cancellation process so you now can't just click click click online to cancel. You have to phone them up and sit around waiting and waiting.

You get a 30 day trial in jan too?

Nope, I have been with them for a year or two and just forget to quit, every time I complain they give me more free rentals.

Good for watching on-line and through the PS3, but I've seen most of the obscure and World Cinema stuff they have now and the new stuff takes ages at times so I end up getting it from Blockbusters... :P

I was with them ages ago and their turn over on discs was shit. I got a 30 day trial in January and was going to pass but someone mentioned they were better now but they're still as shit.

Send the discs back Monday morning.
They receive them Tuesday morning and remove my titles from my 'at home' list. You'd assume the same day my account would have new discs sent out as I'm waiting but no.
Wednesday... nothing.
Thursday afternoon .. FINALLY ... they send me something. Although my top priority discs were not selected despite no waiting time on them. Instead they sent me 3 low priority discs.
Friday receive them

Annoying.

Lovefilm changing their cancellation process so you now can't just click click click online to cancel. You have to phone them up and sit around waiting and waiting.
I'm glad I cancelled them when I did. I quit them a couple of months ago because they put the fee up by 15% because of the VAT increase, which I thought was an absolute cheek. Then they had the nerve to phone me twice and send me a letter through the post offering 3 months free. I told them to get stuffed.

Yeah Wrexham people suck.
Because they are poor dirty smelly northerners. I went there once for a Welsh Cup game years ago, never again!

Is it just me or are some of these ex-pats in Libya taking the piss in complaining about not being rescued for free or quick enough by a country they left behind. To which they pay no taxes to and in most cases if they are working there for a UK company, are being paid danger money for it...

Is it just me or are some of these ex-pats in Libya taking the piss in complaining about not being rescued for free or quick enough by a country they left behind. To which they pay no taxes to and in most cases if they are working there for a UK company, are being paid danger money for it...

I understand your point, but they are still British nationals, to which we owe a duty of protection anywhere in the world. If they've emigrated to Libya and have Libyan passports then it's not our problem, but I guess the vast majority are out there on short-term contracts and will return to the UK at some point (bringing their big earnings with them) which will be put into the UK economy. And these people may be sending money back to their partners and families.

In the end they are doing a dangerous job in a volatile part of the world, helping keep the oil flowing so we can live comfortable lives. I don't begrudge them at all.

Not really a comfortable life, unless you're an MP and you don't have to pay for road fuel because you ride a bike/hate motorists/claim it off expensives.

Recession around the corner, god help us!

Comfortable compared to the majority of the world's population that would give everything to have the life we have.

But I take your point.

My previous breaks and general foiking have altered the alignment of some of my bones so I can't flex my wrist as fully as I should be able to!
It's not drastic but it's a bummer knowing it's never going to get better... :(

Who's that guy on here who supports Crystal Palace? I hope he doesn't gloat. The wheels are coming off our season, first Ipswich, now Palace, for god sake! :(

Not that hard unless you find a fault, then it's a pain trying to find the cause, wiring in the new shower now then plumbing the new sink.
After that it's knocking through a bedroom, plaster and wire the loft extension and then the hard work starts... :P

Could cope with a lot of that but could not contemplate it
when it cane to replacing old consumer unit !

Lovefilm sending me yet another letter trying to win back my custom because I cancelled my account a few months ago. What part of NO don't they understand? I would ring them but 1) it would cost over a pound per minute and my phone bill for this month is going to be excessive as it is, and 2) I cannot speak Hindi.

Going out with two workmates for a quiet few to celebrate St. Patrick's night.

The girl getting hit on and then suddenly deciding she wants to stay out, despite having never been here apart from work and having never met these two blokes that have chatted her up.

The other workmate storming off because of her lack of common sense.

The two blokes chatting her up basically looking like rapists and then having a go at me for not trusting them.

The girl insisting her mate will be coming out despite not knowing where we are.

Me having to stay out with work in the morning just to make sure this girl doesn't end up in deep shit with these people she's never met.

I wish I didn't have morals and common sense at times.

Back
Top Bottom