The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

Swansea Jack Scum going above us into 2nd in the table, all because of Norwich scoring a last minute equaliser against us. ARGH! :BRICK:

Still got a game in hand over them but seeing them above us right now is enough to get the caravanning folk getting the celebratory Diamond White out. :MAD:

My laptop. Over the last few months mainly, it's developed a habit of kicking out a ridiculous amount of heat and makes it far too uncomfortable to actually use on your lap. The fans start up earlier than you'd expect for a laptop because of this and are too loud.

Fortunately it's under warranty still so going to call up and ask an engineer to look at it but it's the second laptop I've got from Dell and I'm disappointed again with their quality.

My laptop. Over the last few months mainly, it's developed a habit of kicking out a ridiculous amount of heat and makes it far too uncomfortable to actually use on your lap. The fans start up earlier than you'd expect for a laptop because of this and are too loud.

Fortunately it's under warranty still so going to call up and ask an engineer to look at it but it's the second laptop I've got from Dell and I'm disappointed again with their quality.

Might just need a damn good dusting inside. Dell laptops are notorious for getting dusty.

Might just need a damn good dusting inside. Dell laptops are notorious for getting dusty.

Could be, I'm still getting an engineer out tho. Don't want to take a risk of damaging plastic or anything while it's still in warranty. Girlfriend was playing Settler 2 before, a game 10-15 years old or so I reckon, and the laptop froze up. Had to hold it on it's side for it to cool down, reached 79 degrees at one point.

Was it a bad tackle or did you go in half hearted?

75/25 tackles are bad news
As much as CW wants you to think of him as a Roy Keane still hard man, I know that he broke his leg when no one else was near him stretching for the ball!

Sorry Chris ;)).

Landlady has just texted me to say she's giving me my notice and needs the house back by 1st March.

Leaves me in a really difficult position as I'm getting married in October and was planning to move in my with girlfriend sometime before that. Making the situation even more complicated is that my girlfriend's job is a contract and that runs out in April and there's a chance she might not get a job in the north west so we might have to move anyway.

So now I'm kinda stuck on living somewhere for a month or so, until my girlfriend finds a job and we know where we're going to live.

For fucks sake.

That's why they're technically not meant to be called 'Laptops' anymore, but 'Notebooks'. If you ring up official customer services, they will often say it's not meant for your lap. Also, if you use your notebook on your bed, over clothes or anything that has cloth/dust, it's lifespan will shorten and it will heat up more often. They suck up dust because of the metal inside and the fans - so it will heat up more. I learned this with my old Macbook Pro.

About your housing situation - I hope you get through it, and think you will :)

Yeah my three year old MBP gets ridiculously hot nowadays (it was always hot though), the fans go mental when watching YouTube or other flash videos, it can't handle .gif files particularly well either (though this may be Apple cocking about with Safari and flash).

Always been used on the bed/lap/clothes/carpet/etc so it's probably a massive dustcake internally. Half tempted to take it apart and clean it but I'd probably cock the whole thing up and break it...

...which might not be a bad thing with my 21st coming up...:P

I'm actually impressed by how cold my MacBook Pro stays :CONFUSE:. That's even when the missus has been on The Sims 3 for a few hours, or I've been on Football Manager for a few hours.

The Asda driver banging on my door and ringing the bell at 9.15, waking me up then asking if he could deliver the stuff I ordered for 11-12 am.

Fucking spotty little cunt.

Back
Top Bottom