The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

I hate mozzies.........Don't even mind the bites that much, more that they will buzz around your ear to see if you are awake; "Well guess what, I am now you bastard!"

We've got one of those electric tennisracket things, they work great. Although Im pretty sure they only stun them. Last time Im sure I "killed" the same mozzie about 3 times in one night. So now, and with great pleasure, I rip off their wings and throw them in the bin. :D *Its making me smile as I type...*

Last edited:
Oh yeah, phone terror. I personally can't stand talking on the phone as you can't see the other person and at times lose your "timing" because of it. Used to hate using it :D

A parent dropped her 6 year old and 2 older daughters off at my girlfriends works today (it's a play group thing). The older 2 had lunches with them but the 6 year old lad burst into tears when he realised he'd left his at home on the kitchen table. Despite them living a 5 minute walk away (so even less in the car) the mum said 'well it's tough' and walked out of the place got in her car and drove to work.

That horrible feeling when you've just hopped over a fence and you land on your iPhone that's just fallen out of your pocket on the way over...in football boots...

Dang...=/

6060_1187626724432_1041235818_570672_172166_n.jpg

This:

Gaming veteran Chris Deering has said that triple-A rated new titles should be priced at £70 so that the industry can remain sustainable.

It was recently revealed that Activision's highly-anticipated Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will carry a recommended retail price of £55 when it is released this November.

This has led to a furious reaction from many fans about the high price, including some strong opinions being discussed on Digital Spy's Gaming forum.

Deering - a former president of Sony Europe who is currently on the board of Codemasters and the IGA - told MCV that the high cost of development in today's gaming industry will likely push the price of new games even higher in the future.

"Before there can be as many successful blockbuster games as there were in the past, games have to be produced in a more efficient fashion," he explained.

"In order to price the games at a level where they would support an industry like they did ten years ago, they'd have to be sold at £70. But people just don't have that kind of money, there's a psychological glass ceiling.

"Consumers won't spend more, but to write the game, publishers are having to spend more than ever before. That's the key problem."

Deering explained that the cost of development is now ten times higher than it was for the PS2 and 20 to 50 times higher compared to making games for the original PlayStation.

"Yet there are lots of things you can get for less than the relative value of paying 50p an hour for a very high-end game," he added.

That would crucify the market. If there was a game out that you weren't sure about, I'm sure you wouldn't bother if you were risking £70...

Sky News said:
A mother-of-two was seriously burnt when she was attacked with bleach in front of her family after asking a group of youths to be quiet during the new Harry Potter film.

The 46-year-old woman was watching the film with her husband and two children at a cinema when she asked the group of five or six teenagers, including at least one girl, to stop making a noise.

After the film, two of the group followed the family into a nearby restaurant and threw bleach over the woman's head and back, leaving her needing hospital treatment for burns to her skin and possible permanent damage to her eyes.

Today, West Yorkshire Police described the attack as "completely unwarranted" and said the consequences could have been much worse.

A spokesman said the woman asked the youths to be quiet after they began making a noise during a screening of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince at the Vue cinema in Kirkstall Road, Leeds on Sunday.

As the family left the cinema at about 7.30pm and went to a nearby Frankie & Benny's restaurant, some of the group shouted abuse at them from a small white or silver hatchback.

Around 15 minutes later, two of the youths entered the restaurant and threw the bleach over the woman before running to the car, which was parked on Greenhow Road.

The mother was taken to Leeds General Infirmary for treatment to burns to her skin and later released but is still being assessed to discover if her eyes have been permanently damaged.

Police said one of the attackers was described as a light-skinned, mixed-race man, about 19 years old, 6ft tall and of an athletic build. He had short, dark-brown hair and was wearing a black, short-sleeved t-shirt and black bottoms.

The second attacker was described as Asian, aged around 14, about 5ft 4ins tall and fat. He was wearing black clothing.

The driver of the car, which was possibly a five-door vehicle with tinted rear windows, was described as white, aged 17 to 18, of a wiry build with light-coloured, crew-cut hair.

Another member of the group was a black girl, aged around 14, about 5ft 2ins tall, thin and with her hair tied back in a braid.

Detective Inspector Richard Baildon said: "This was a completely unwarranted attack on a mother out with her family, the consequences of which could have been much worse.

"It was a deliberate act, designed to cause pain and injury and it was totally unprovoked and unnecessary. We are treating it very seriously and are determined to trace those responsible."

Mr Baildon appealed for anyone who saw the group or the car at the time, or who knows the youths involved, to come forward.

He added: "I would also appeal to any members of the group who may want to distance themselves from the actions of the others to get in touch before we come and find you."

:MAD: Fucking wankers.

Back
Top Bottom