The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

Which makes it even more stupid that your saying your mum is pissing you off at moaning at you...................

Working in a different site where it's really quiet work-wise, sitting in a tiny office and having nothing to do.

I've brought my DS in, I imagine that'll get a fair bit of use this week.

When time goes impossibly slowly whilst you're in work.

I've been in since 9 but it honestly feels like its been 6 hours or so.

That said, my half hour dinner has gone stupidly quickly, so it's probably just today trying to piss me off.

Royal Mail striking all of the time. How can they can get away with it? In the vast majority of jobs, if someone didn't turn up for work because of "strike actions" then disciplinary action would definately follow.

They're always bloody striking!

--------------------------------

Being skint because I still can't remember my pin number and I wont get it through the post until tomorrow at the earliest. I haven't even got £1 on me :CRY:

Smoking.......I smoke, I am addicted and still feel guilty every time I puff away. Tried to quit several times, shitty outcome.
Don't mind the fact that I smoke, but why the hell do I feckin feel guilty every time I light up?
Does my nut in:SMOKIN::BRICK:

People who allow themselves to be shit on.

The story.

Someone my girlfriend knows was with NPower for their electricity. They phoned Powergen i think asking if they could change as they were cheaper... powergen think about it and then say 'No as you still owe NPower some money'. Fair enough they think and they continue to pay NPower eventually paying the debt off and then continue on paying the bills each month.

Today they received a bill from Powergen claiming that they owe them the past couple of months worth of electricity. This is despite them never receiving any letters or bills from them the last few months while NPower has been sending them bills and so on.

So they disputed the debt as they're still with NPower but now..

* NPower are claiming that they don't have them on their books and haven't since that exact day months ago when they tried to swap over to Powergen.
* Powergen have suddenly found the last few months worth of bills.
* NPower have also suddenly lost all record of the last few months of bills.

Apparantly as well the bills that they have themselves from NPower and the records of payments made to them are worthless and they can't even claim the money back from NPower to pay to Powergen.

-

As fucked up as this all sounds the stupid fucking bitch has just shrugged her shoulders and said 'oh well there's nothing I can do' and she's fucking paid Powergen what she owes them!

:BRICK:

I can't see them not being able to claim their money back from NPower if they've been sent bills and have been paying them only for NPower to say their contract was cancelled.

It's an admin issue, they have the bills as proof and NPower cocked up by sending bills. I'd be seeking some legal advice there.

People who allow themselves to be shit on.

The story.

Someone my girlfriend knows was with NPower for their electricity. They phoned Powergen i think asking if they could change as they were cheaper... powergen think about it and then say 'No as you still owe NPower some money'. Fair enough they think and they continue to pay NPower eventually paying the debt off and then continue on paying the bills each month.

Today they received a bill from Powergen claiming that they owe them the past couple of months worth of electricity. This is despite them never receiving any letters or bills from them the last few months while NPower has been sending them bills and so on.

So they disputed the debt as they're still with NPower but now..

* NPower are claiming that they don't have them on their books and haven't since that exact day months ago when they tried to swap over to Powergen.
* Powergen have suddenly found the last few months worth of bills.
* NPower have also suddenly lost all record of the last few months of bills.

Apparantly as well the bills that they have themselves from NPower and the records of payments made to them are worthless and they can't even claim the money back from NPower to pay to Powergen.

-

As fucked up as this all sounds the stupid fucking bitch has just shrugged her shoulders and said 'oh well there's nothing I can do' and she's fucking paid Powergen what she owes them!

:BRICK:

These people are the reason they get away with it and keep doing it... :CONF:

As an update on the Paypal situation, I rang them and disputed what is going on.

Basically boys and girls whether you have proof you have sent the item or not if you cannot prove it has been delivered your fucked as a seller. So if your selling something for as little as £2 you have to spend that extra 70p getting it recorded to be fully covered by Paypal. Something which IS NOT made abundantly clear.

This is not equal treatment in the slightest and buyers clearly have an advantage on unsuspecting sellers. You could purchase an item, receive that item and then if you see it was sent first class you could proceed to take a claim out against the seller and you would win EVERY TIME. The sellers don't have a leg to stand on.

Unfortunately we live in a buyers market people, no wonder our economy has gone to shit as even honest sellers out there are being trampled all over.

My advice, avoid Paypal and it's stupid policies. They say you are covered, but you're not really.

P.s. I don't even want to go into some of the ridiculous reasons the Paypal representative went into, they even had to consult their manager to get their story straight. As of now I'm through selling through eBay and Paypal.

Regarding that power company story, that's me all over, I do that every day of the week.

Her motto is probaby the same as mine (ingrained from childhood); anything for an easy/quiet life.

As an update on the Paypal situation, I rang them and disputed what is going on.

Basically boys and girls whether you have proof you have sent the item or not if you cannot prove it has been delivered your fucked as a seller. So if your selling something for as little as £2 you have to spend that extra 70p getting it recorded to be fully covered by Paypal. Something which IS NOT made abundantly clear.

This is not equal treatment in the slightest and buyers clearly have an advantage on unsuspecting sellers. You could purchase an item, receive that item and then if you see it was sent first class you could proceed to take a claim out against the seller and you would win EVERY TIME. The sellers don't have a leg to stand on.

Unfortunately we live in a buyers market people, no wonder our economy has gone to shit as even honest sellers out there are being trampled all over.

My advice, avoid Paypal and it's stupid policies. They say you are covered, but you're not really.

P.s. I don't even want to go into some of the ridiculous reasons the Paypal representative went into, they even had to consult their manager to get their story straight. As of now I'm through selling through eBay and Paypal.

Anything over £10 and I ALWAYS send by Recorded Delivery. I just don't trust people on eBay and forums to be trustworthy and I'd rather pay that bit extra just in case.

Anything over £10 and I ALWAYS send by Recorded Delivery. I just don't trust people on eBay and forums to be trustworthy and I'd rather pay that bit extra just in case.

Yeah me too, but it was the one time I didn't as I didn't have enough cash on me. Lesson learned the hard way. I'm so annoyed at how it's all been handled though.

Getting tired and "winding down" at 8:45pm, Jesus Christ, you have to get up at a respectable hour a few times and suddenly you're Buzz Killington.

*whispers* For those of your who don't know who Buzz Killington is, he's in Family guy, the insanely British character...*whispers*

What's your respectable hour? I really need one of those so I'm in a routine for when my job starts. I've been getting up when I get up.

Last edited:
*whispers* For those of your who don't know who Buzz Killington is, he's in Family guy, the insanely British character...*whispers*
Buzz Killington: (Shows photo of man riding Penny Farthing bicycle) Now, here's a fellow attempting to ride a bicycle. But he's having some trouble, isn't he? And do you know why?
Peter: (Sighs) Why?
Buzz Killington: Because he's a Scot! (Laughs) Now, who here likes a good story about a bridge?
Peter: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

What's your respectable hour? I really need one of those so I'm in a routine for when my job starts. I've been getting up when I get up.
About 40 minutes ago... :(

That's the routine I was in, it was great. :(

The God-awful writers on BBC NEWS/BBC SPORT.

bbcsportwritersneedtole.jpg

Who the fuck are Rangeres?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom