The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

The fans on my Macbook going absolutely mental for no reason.

I understand flash is handled poorly by OSX, and notice when I'm on Youtube (but only really recently), or any other flash player site, they rev up.

But even when I'm not doing anything at all, they'll start going crazy for no reason.

Can't find any reason why in the activity monitor either.

Installed some antivirus recently, and have gotten rid of that now because I heard it might be causing it, so we shall see what happens.

Bloody annoying though cause when I first got this thing, I never heard the fans at all, I was convinced it didn't have any! And now, you hear a quiet whirring sound normally until they go mental.

I don't know where to post this info, but it should interest a lot of people.

I've been robbed 800 € (from 12th of may to the 12th of june, the day I blocked my account). :RANT:

It seems that credit card frauds are happening a lot because of Shopto.net (database hacked), so I advise all of you who use this site to check your bank account ASAP !

Last edited:

I've been robbed 800 € (from 12th of may to the 12th of june, the day I blocked my account). :RANT:

It seems that credit card frauds are happening a lot because of Shopto.net (database hacked), so I advise all of you who use this site to check your bank account ASAP !

Bummer tuta, Hmmm one of my credit cards was copied a while back, I used that on Shopto, :RANT:
Thank fully they rang me and told me as it was some 1st class flights to Moscow, and I did not lose any money...

I never use shopto - but this happened to me a month or so ago. I got the money back though as they cancelled the transaction just in time!

They took around £850 which was authorised and then tried to take another £550, my bank stopped this amount and then called me. When I said I didn't make the payments they stopped the initial £850 just in time....Lucky me!

Fucking bastards!

I got the money back though as they cancelled the transaction just in time!

Eh?! Surely you would get the money back anyway?! They are insured for that kind of thing and it's not your responsibility to stop frauders. Same for Tuta, surely you are going to get it back?

well i have just checked my bank and 4 days after i bought UFC 2 purchases were made from O2(UK)LTD PREPAY and VODAFONE CR CARD T for £30 each and looking on google these are some kind of scams

They must have got my stuff from Shopto as well

thanks for the heads-up tuta

The fans on my Macbook going absolutely mental for no reason.

I understand flash is handled poorly by OSX, and notice when I'm on Youtube (but only really recently), or any other flash player site, they rev up.

But even when I'm not doing anything at all, they'll start going crazy for no reason.

Can't find any reason why in the activity monitor either.

Installed some antivirus recently, and have gotten rid of that now because I heard it might be causing it, so we shall see what happens.

Bloody annoying though cause when I first got this thing, I never heard the fans at all, I was convinced it didn't have any! And now, you hear a quiet whirring sound normally until they go mental.
i have no idea how a fan has anything to do with flash.... i doubt the system is heating up when you go to a certain website...

well i have just checked my bank and 4 days after i bought UFC 2 purchases were made from O2(UK)LTD PREPAY and VODAFONE CR CARD T for £30 each and looking on google these are some kind of scams

They must have got my stuff from Shopto as well

thanks for the heads-up tuta

Same happened to me but i also had a Tesco mobile one as well

It's happened to me as well, fucking fantastic.

Won't be shopping with ShopTo again, thanks for the heads-up.

apparently these phone top-up things are from dodgy employees of company's giving out peoples details and stuff for a bit of cash

security-advice.jpg

:FAIL:

i have no idea how a fan has anything to do with flash.... i doubt the system is heating up when you go to a certain website...

Flash is so poorly handled on OSX that at times it can use all of the CPU.

100% CPU usage = lots of heat = the fans go mental.

Oh and to the people who've been frauded because of Shopto, have a look all over google, the site is treacherous. I've got an account there but haven't added any card details or funds to it yet, or at least as far as I can remember.

Always gives off a dodgy, amateurish feeling when you look at how it's designed though.

Last edited:
:CURSE: EA, "we will be concentrating on the MM next year", meaning "we will sort some of the glaring problems out (some) and Hey, give you a training mode you'll hardly use or really need.

Damn I feel deflated now, come on Konami pull one out of the bag...:CONF::CRY:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom