The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

"At the end of the day..."

Fucking annoying, I hate it when people say that :RANT:
I say that all the time and I hate myself for it.

And after nearly every single one of Suff's replies in the podcast I said "okay" like I was grading each answer.

When people are saying 'at the end of the day...' I like interrupting them with 'it gets dark' or words to that effect followed by a blank stare.

Usually does the trick.

My sister said 'And I'm not being funny, but...' about eight times during a conversation with my mum before.

I was searching for a Stella so I had justification for kicking her head in.

:LOL:

A 'saying' that annoys me is "Oooh I had a blonde moment." or "Oh you should have blonde hair, har har har!".

Like having that colour hair is a reason for being a stupid fucking idiot. :D

I don't understand the 'long / short wait' parts on lovefilm. It seems EVERYTHING has a short or long wait anyway as I've had 1 disc for 2 weeks now and only got a second yesterday. If I wasn't getting this for free there's no way I'd pay almost £20 a month for it.

It's a lottery on what you get and when, new stuff always takes a while even if it's in your priority list, some of the Foreign and older movies I pick come the very next time...

On the people who say stuff, in my job I hate; "I don't want to complain" or "It's not really an Issue" when they clearly are going to and it so is..

And the good old "yeah, everything is great, but can I have it all different than what I asked for"

Or the "You told me it would not really work, but I insisted because I'm paying you to come up with a design and concept and then have you change it to what I want because I know better than you, though it now seems I don't"...:ROLL:

People who say "cheap at half the price".
A new one I've noticed a lot recently is mainly Yanks saying "I could care less." It should be "I couldn't care less."

THIS (belongs in the fail thread as well actually).

A manager takes a team to within a point of the play-off places, only losing out because a man got sent off for nothing in the last game of the season (against the team in the last play-off position). A win would have put us in the play-offs instead of Scunthorpe - who went on to win promotion - but after going 1-0 up and having a man sent off, we conceded straight away and only managed a draw. This is a man who had no money to spend - lots and lots of debt in-fact.

And his reward for getting us to within 90 minutes of the possibility of Championship football gets the sack.

Who else are we going to get? Who is going to want to manage Tranmere? Someone we've never heard of, I bet.

(I suppose we might get Ricky Sbragia, just as long as we don't get Tony Adams or I might consider killing myself...)

Last edited:
I think the breakfast from the canteen this morning was undercooked, my stomach is in quite a bit of pain at the moment :(

More sayings that annoy me.

People who like, add like, the lword 'like' after like, every second word.

And people who use the word 'pure' to describe things.

yeah the like thing is irritating.

I think pure is ok but only when it's used properly. Kids these days use all sorts of words wrongly though.

Back
Top Bottom