The 'Things That Are Great' Thread

Kronenbourg bottles for tonight, going to my parents to give my brother his birthday present tomorrow, watch Liverpool v Arsenal, have a roast dinner.

Looks like a good weekend so far :)

The fact that a Facebook group is on the verge of actually accomplishing something (yeah, the RATM for Xmas no.1 group).

Shows the power of sites like this, and it's quite apt that it's a Rage song, after their ethos of standing up against 'the man' and popular opinion.

Fuck off Joe McWhatever.

~The Xfactor single was released on CD today so it might run away with it but number 2 in the charts would still be a massive achievement.

And I thought the whole reason they chose this song was because of the meaning of it?

The fact that a Facebook group is on the verge of actually accomplishing something (yeah, the RATM for Xmas no.1 group).

Shows the power of sites like this, and it's quite apt that it's a Rage song, after their ethos of standing up against 'the man' and popular opinion.

Fuck off Joe McWhatever.

Indeed, now if they actually used their (facebook) power to do something worthwhile it would be even better!

Fuck off Joe McWhatever.

Someone told me today that Simon Cowel owns the rights to the RATM track - or has his finger in that pie some other way. So it doesn't matter which track gets to No1 as he'd still be getting the money for it and so on.

But I can't find anything online to back it up.

~The Xfactor single was released on CD today so it might run away with it but number 2 in the charts would still be a massive achievement.

And I thought the whole reason they chose this song was because of the meaning of it?

Well to be fair, if they went off the meaning of the song, no one would actually listen to the Facebook group.

You'd just have thousands of people joining and posting 'fuck you, I won't do what you tell me' on their wall.

Oh and Rad, it's Sony that owns the rights to both songs, so they'll be loving this.

I don't see why the X Factor winner should be guaranteed a number one single just because they won the show, especially with a song that was recently released by the original artist (can't believe I'm calling Miley Cyrus an artist, but hey I'm being nice as it's Christmas!). If anyone should get to no.1 with that song it should be her...

Another reason to want to do it is that any royalties RATM get from the song are being donated to charity. I bet the X Twactor mob aren't doing the same...

So telling Cowell 'FU' is for a good cause!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AYUqVNSsY

Last edited:
So glad I miss the bollocks that is x-factor. Add that to that one hosted by Davina, Britain/America's Got Talent and any other cheap-arsed tv, because there are no real stars anymore, just common as muck celebs.

17062_215107766831_62041586831_2926061_6332238_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom