The 'Things That Are Great' Thread

Watching Darts.

I watched the PDC on Sky in HD over christmas and it was amazing. Phil Taylor is a Legend.

Then the lakeside tournament started, and I watched the first match, in fact I think the link below is actually the first leg of the tournament.

It must be the worst leg of darts ever televised.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/darts/8440519.stm

The guy is obviously drunk, I thought it was nerves at first, but check around 2:40.

well worth the license fee :)

Watching Darts.

I watched the PDC on Sky in HD over christmas and it was amazing. Phil Taylor is a Legend.

I can imagine, it must be great being able to see every chainlink of their piky necklace with the chesthairs going through it.......and then offcourse them drinking a pint aswell. All in lovely HD!

I dont either

Watching fat men throw darts for hours on end is pretty boring imo

The only good thing is the atmosphere in the crowd

Each to their own I guess.

I like it as it the ganes are fast paced and a demonstration of skill. Granted some games are crap, but others get you hooked.

I dont see how it is any less a sport than golf or snooker.

Anyway the video was funny :)

I thought it might of had a thing like in Burnout where it takes a picture of you when you crash....oh well.

I like it as it the ganes are fast paced and a demonstration of skill. Granted some games are crap, but others get you hooked.

:LMAO: That video is quality! 5!!! :LMAO: I actually could do better than that! Darts is great, the Sky coverage is a million times better than BBC, as is the quality of the players! I'm probably going to watch it live next year at the Ally Pally :)).

Because it's a pub game, TBH so is Snooker and Pool, they'll be wanting Horseshoe Pitching and Dominoes in the Olympics next...:P

Darts is awesome. You may have to appreciate the mental side of the game I suppose and how hard it actually is to consistently throw like Phil Taylor et al but the top professionals probably train longer than most footballers.

I'd also bet Phil Taylor is stronger mentally in terms of being able to turn negativity into positivity than any other sportsman. Yeah I said sport. :P

Granted it's less physically active but darts isn't unhealthy it's just most of the practice boards in the world are surrounded by pub. :)

Darts is awesome. You may have to appreciate the mental side of the game I suppose and how hard it actually is to consistently throw like Phil Taylor et al but the top professionals probably train longer than most footballers.

I'd also bet Phil Taylor is stronger mentally in terms of being able to turn negativity into positivity than any other sportsman. Yeah I said sport. :P

Granted it's less physically active but darts isn't unhealthy it's just most of the practice boards in the world are surrounded by pub. :)

:D Sorry but any game I play better drunk which is Darts and Pool not so much Snooker as they are usually in some club where they frown on enjoyment, is not a sport...:DRUNK:

I can appreciate the skill and the practice they put in but it's still a pub game when all is said and done... :P

krispykreme.jpg

Ironically, Darts is the only sport in the world where you can't have a drink whilst playing professionally.

In professional football can you run around with a bottle of Becks in your hand?

Yeah, what a fail comment! You can't play football under the influence of alcohol. The referee can order you off the field of play if he deems you drunk.

Back
Top Bottom