The 'Things That Are Great' Thread

Nice one wonder how much better 50 is than 20... :THINK:

I upgraded to 50 recently as there is usually 4 of us online at the same (and since they reduced the price I'm paying the same as when I had 20mb).

I have noticed that if I'm downloading on my pc, or I'm gaming online, my Stepdad's latency on his World of Warcraft lags quite a bit. I'm not sure if it's just his game being greedy, or if it's because of the wireless connection on my 360.
I haven't tried it with my 360 using a wired connection, so I'll have to give it a go when I have some free time. :THINK:

I doubt it's my wireless router as it's a Belkin N1.

That said it's still a lot quicker than us all sharing a 2mb connection :P

Whilst typing this I've just realised that I haven't done a speedtest since we upgraded... That'll be the first task when I get home tonight now!

Sorry - It's the same price that 20 used to be, though I think they've all been reduced now anyway.

Without a VM phone line:
10mb - £15pm
20mb - £25pm
50mb - £33pm

A year ago I was paying about £40 for the 20mb, so to me it was worth it :)

Lmao - I've been on 50 meg for the past 1.5 years. Most people here are now on optical fibre 100 meg plus.

Over here in NL we have a sh!thouse company (UPC) that squezes (sp?) the 20mb line between the hours of 6pm and 12pm everyday to combat people downloading. They even used the argument that we have to keep the network stable for people using msn and stuff.

So essentially your 20mb line get's brought down to 100kb/sec for the majority of the time you use it! Tw@ts, means they are selling a product they can't even offer. After all who needs a 20mb line to use msn?!

Glad I'm not with them, but still pisses me off thinking about it.

*guess I should copy this to the appropriate thread :D*

I think it's time to swap Tranmere for Northwich. What a performance, especially when the referee seemed bent on ruining it (pull a shirt off a player's back, nothing, elbow a player in the face at kick-off, nothing).

Hard luck Timbo!

That wasn't hard luck for Charlton, Northwich should've won 3 or 4-0 there with the amount of goalline clearances and superb keeper stops!

:APPLAUD:

I was being sarcastic. ;) I was hoping the referee rant made it obvious that I was glad they lost but obviously not!

We'll be out in the replay on Tuesday which is a shame, I'd like to play Aldershot.

Stephen K Amos.
Saw him last night at the Orchard Theatre in Dartford, and think he could well top the current 'big names'...
His warm up, Shaun Walsh, was also good and does a blinding impression of Michael McIntyre :))

Stephen K Amos.
Saw him last night at the Orchard Theatre in Dartford, and think he could well top the current 'big names'...
His warm up, Shaun Walsh, was also good and does a blinding impression of Michael McIntyre :))

When I was studying in Edinburgh around 2003 he was the host of a caberet night during the festival. He was funny then, I thought we would have seen alot more of him from then on, but I haven't really seen him since? (Only on maybe one or two things on Tv?)

He;s on panel shows a fair bit and think he had his own show on BBC3 (could be wrong there). Never seen him live but I dont find him that funny when he's on other stuff, he over does the race jokes a bit.

I do wish Liverpool fans would stop saying that.

Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Everton and absolutely any other team, you talk about them and their fans either give you the banter back, or you can have a proper discussion.

Talk in the Liverpool thread about Liverpool and suddenly you're more interested in them than you are in your own team.

I got it in the neck last night from a bunch of Liverpool fans, wondering why I was even watching the match for posting 'Liverpool 1 Birmingham 2 - NICE' on Facebook, and yet it's only a natural reaction when one of your (biggest) rivals isn't doing very well.

I agree Mathero.

I think it's a natural defence mechanism from the traditionally paranoid and deluded Liverpool fans that makes them feel a bit more important than they already think they are.

I wouldn't worry too much. Whatever makes them feel better during this difficult time eh?

Back
Top Bottom