The 'Things That Are Great' Thread

Admittedly upscaled SD picture is miles better than normal SD, but it's still not a patch on true HD stuff, and there is so much stuff that we SHOULD have in HD that we don't at the minute.

I'm quite disappointed in the HD myself. Thinking of cancelling the sub and just sticking with BBC and 4 HD for the time being as the amount of content ain't worth it and I haven't got Sky Sports or Movies.

:RSCARF: Return of football, and a good win for the Dragons...
You were only playing Eastbourne!

Big crowd there too, only 2 cop cars outside the ground! Far cry from the 20 or so in the past, or 50+ for games with Trannymere or "-25 City" :P

You were only playing Eastbourne!

Big crowd there too, only 2 cop cars outside the ground! Far cry from the 20 or so in the past, or 50+ for games with Trannymere or "-25 City" :P

You can only beat the team in front of you... :WHISTLE:

Plus I'm just glad to get off the mark, I still feel we're only play offs at best...:PIRATE:

And speaking argy the only time I've ever had any real trouble was at an away game in Halifax :P I only lived up the road from the ground at the time too... :DD

Sky HD is the dugs baws :)

Only thing that bugs me is I dont have the new guide yet, and it should warn you when you try to record something and you pick the non-HD channel by mistake.

There were problems with the guide when it came out for the Thompson so they are tweaking it

Samsung and Amstrad box owners get a bugfree one this month sometime

When we get it we can get ITV HD :)

Probably when a combination of them showing more content and Sky putting in a proper bid for them happens Rad.

It'd be much nicer seeing Maria and Tina from Corrie in HD I must admit. I guess they just don't get enough football to make it worthwhile though, what they show is nice, but it's not enough.

Anyways, I've spent the night playing four games. ISS Pro Evolution 2, Total Drivin', WWF Attitude and WWF WarZone.

Ohhhhhhh the memories :D

The disc fixing thing at Blockbusters.

I thought they just polished the bottom of the disc, or filled the cracks with some liquid, but this machine apparently takes a microscopic layer off the plastic of the disc so that any scratches on the surface will literally be chopped off.

It just made an Xbox 360 game I bought off eBay look even newer than a brand new disc, which was totally knackered after the guy telling me it was "only played once or twice" (had a massive fuck-off circular scratch and wouldn't get past 40% during the install).

Seriously, we got our new program guide the day of the CL semi-final 2nd leg at the Emirates, I tuned it in and my word the game was even sweeter in HD.

I've heard ITVs HD football is the best from other sources too. Can't wait to try it myself!

Sky Sports HD channels are a higher bitrate than ITV HD so it may be just a placebo ;)

Well I've seen nothing wrong with ITV HD, the Champions League matches are utterly sexy.

I've never had the pleasure of watching a Sky Sports HD game so I can't comment, but the CL games on ITV HD are brilliant.

I think it's the fact that they're night games as well which makes it look even better, in the daylight it's not quite the same.

The games on BBC HD and Sky Sports HD look amazing

I think I'm just used to Sky Sports in HD now so it doesn't pop out and impress me as much as I did when we first got it, when I see something that looks slightly different I might be kidded into thinking it looks better.

It still looks great mind.

And about the BBC, I'd say that the WBA-Geordie game was probably on a par with Sky, but again it didn't jump out at me. BBC's HD stuff has gone down in quality since they first released it though, I remember seeing a demo of it showing one of the WC2006 games and it looked incredible (or maybe that was cause I'd seen HD for the first time?)

It's horrible watching SD programming nowadays. :RANT:

It's horrible watching SD programming nowadays. :RANT:
Ruddy 'ell lad, in my day you 'ad black 'n' white telleh* and you ruddy well put up we'it! Were that or t'mill! None of yer fancy Subbuteo and yer Sodastreams! WE DRANK RUDDY HORSE PISS!**

* Not really but I think you're acting slightly spoilt there...

** And obviously that bit's not true either, should point that out quickly...

Last edited:
I knew I'd get that back :P

Still, once you've experienced HD, you shouldn't have to go back :D

Anyways, something else thats great.

Arguments between United and Liverpool fans over Gerrard, and in general having football back for us to watch and talk about.

Not again.........I thought we put that to bed last week. FFS

*Goes off the the Liverpool thread to get some order back. I.e. get all the Mancs to p!$$ off* :D

Back
Top Bottom