The 'Things That Are Great' Thread

Jsus, I thought the goalies in fifa were cack.

Right, time to start a questions list for MJ to focus on during gametime:

- Is crossing fast, direct enough - less floaty then 09
- Do shots have dip ala Gerrard
- Can you do low powerful shots
- Are goalie reactions fast enough (running ot for 1-on-1's)
- Have they improved the movement for penaltybox headers? Do players really attack them or are they still too static and waiting for the ball most of the time.
- Crossfield pass? Good speed, power?
- Short passing, crisp?
- Reaction times players?
- Fouls?
- Advantage rule?
- Direct freekicks, can you take a decent shot? I find it far too precise, anything over 2 bars and its row Z
- Player individualty?
- 360 movement?

I'd like to get a fact straight on 360 degree movement. If you're dribbling in 360 degrees and then run does it let you run in the direction you were dribbling or does it snap into the train tracks of the old 8 directions. So if you're dribbling at a 30 degree angle and run does it snap you to a 45 degree diagonal run or do you continue at 30 degrees.

Whoever thought of Pineapple and Cheese at the same time must be related to the Devil

QUAKERS GET GOLDEN SHARE TO EXIT ADMIN
Posted on: Fri 07 Aug 2009

Darlington have today officially been given the green light by the Football League and will start the season tomorrow under brand new ownership.
The Football League today handed the Quakers their 'Golden Share', which effectively enables them to operate as a football club, and have sanctioned the club's new ownership.

It means Darlington can officially confirm they will kick the new season off at Aldershot tomorrow with no points deduction, and have a new owner and chairman in Teesside-based businessman Raj Singh, following months of uncertainty.

"This is the culmination of lots of hard work and dedication and we're elated to finally cross the line," said Mr Singh.

"We knew we'd get there in the end, but we also know this will still come as a relief to our staff and our long-suffering fans.

"We can now put it all firmly behind us, and concentrate on doing the business for Darlington Football Club, on and off the pitch."

As well as handing Darlington their Golden Share today, the Football League have also officially approved the takeover of the club and the new board of directors.
As a result, Darlington Football Club 2009, will now benefit 100% from all proceeds raised through the club's operations, including season ticket sales and Monday's Carling Cup tie against Leeds United at the Northern Echo Arena, which is being televised live on Sky.

Nothing like leaving it til the last minute. :BSCARF:

See you there MJ, if you spot me you'll have to say hello. :)
Please only say "hello" then just stare at him.

Last edited by a moderator:
averna.jpg

OK guys thanks for the list. I'll save it on my phone so I can remember what to look out for. I'm sure Chris will be doing an in-depth review (being the journo), but I'll be sure to give you my point of view :).

I'll see you there Chris, unless you're in some kind of press pass wearing VIP suite.

I doubt it, it's a community event rather than a press event so I think we'll all be lumped together. I'll be the one wandering around in the FSB shirt looking lonely (don't think anybody else is coming). It'll be interesting to see what we both notice though!

NO-REGRET-stars-Lee-Han-and.jpg

"MJ! Wake up! We still haven't tried an all-manual game on 9-minute halves with a 3.5 star team against a 3 star team! You ungrateful bastard!"

Note in his hand: "To whom it may concern; if you read this then I hung myself with my tie in the bogs after Chris left. I'm sorry, I couldn't take it any more. Please forgive me. MJ"

BBC picking up some championship games this year. So I can at least watch Newcastle twice this year, and in HD. The crappy side is they only picked up 10 games and have only revealed the first 4.

Newcastle feature in the first two, away to West Bromwich Albion on August 8 and Ipswich on September 26, followed by Derby v QPR (October 24) and Cardiff v Nottingham Forest (November 1).

Yeah I'm quite pleased about this. I'm not gonna get both ESPN and Sky Sports this season so it'll be good to have some extra footy to watch.

Back
Top Bottom