The 'Things That Are Great' Thread

Perhaps it's because I'm using the Firefox search bar? Are you using that Jumbo/Dags? But either way that is weird...

Firefox search bar here too. Maybe yours is set to Google.com instead of co.uk?

It is - weird though because if I use the UK one and set it to "the web" surely you should get the same results page as searching the normal Google? But evidently you don't, a few hundred thousands links go missing...

Things that are great - the atmosphere at the cricket where England snatch a draw from the jaws of defeat.

waitrose - Went in today and the fresh foods section is just immense. (take note this was the first time in my life going in there)

Last edited:
Apple products. I've always had an iPod, ever since the first one came out to the latest iPod nano, I've only every used it as my main mp3 player. Since then I have bought a Macbook (the nice sleek black one with 4GB of RAM, yes boys and girls, 4GB) and have just recently bought an iPhone. I'm so impressed with how well built the products are and every day I'm finding new things that impress me about them. I love my Macbook to pieces and can't see myself parting with it even for a high spec gaming PC. Also, the iPhone is incredible, and is definitely one of the best things I have bought this year. It has everything I need and more and every other phone I see advertised just isn't as cool or as stylish. I have apps for just about everything and have fully organised my life with it.

I can say wholeheartedly, 'my name is Matthew and I am and always will be an Apple fanboy'.

I don't think they're actually any better built than any other tech gadget, but Apple products all feel and look like they're solid.

The impression of quality is what they're all about really, and hence you pay for it.

Having said that, it's not really just an impression, for instance, you simply couldn't break an iPod Mini if you tried. Me and a mate even put ours on a BBQ and it still worked afterwords, though it was a bit singed.

Tim? Is that you?

article-0-02F45AE00000044D-494_468x.jpg

mj, in an Egyptian prison...?

Having a car and being able to drive.

Mate gets home from work, posts on facebook that he's knackered and craving junk food.

I immediately reply 'Maccies?' and so at 10 past 12, with work in the morning, I'm in Maccies eating my way through 20 nuggets.

I'd hate it if I hadn't passed my test.

Top 7 Posters:

Code:
[b][i]User Name	Posts[/i][/b]
Nick Cave	        348
jaygrim	        155
Tim7	                140
matherto	        129
DagsJT	        101
Chris Davies	98
Yana	                94

Back