The Retro-PES Corner

@goalgerd if ever you've corrected some players body structure from the season 2005-06, you may share it by PM mate ;)

I worked a bit on some small players or less known but didn't superstars like R9, Zidane, Totti etc.
Thanks in advance.

@BillyKong i've made a bundesliga from scratch on PES 2008. But i wasn't aware of something REALLY important : NEVER EVER use the players in "Others leagues C" : their cost is very very low and doesn't fit for ML if you select it (no player of those teams doesn't appears if you don't select them on your ML, like fakes NT). I worked very hard on it. It's too long to recopy manually to WE 2008 or J-League 2008.
So for your patch, just tell the guy not carrying, we don't care if there's no Bundes : i will check and add the maximum of Bundes club manually on Other Euro ;). Dortmund, Schalke, Werder, Leverkusen and Schalke are the 5 top (Wolfburg is yo-yo , sometimes up, sometimes pretty down on the ranking)

I will try my project by adding Bundes on Others C for not loosing Eredivisie, but it's a bit too tricky and i'm fearing that it may not work.
-If not : Sweden league got a parternship that year with PES, that's why there's so much Swedish limit unkown teams.
I can make to version, it's easy with the OF Editor and OF2 copy function, just repetitive and annoying lol:

First type : i will replace some Bundesliga big teams over the 5 Swedish teams (i will keep AIK Solna, there's 6).
Second Type : that one will be a patch as i will replace Eredivisie with Bundesliga, then 3 to 5 teams over Swedish ones (there was missing important teams to create).

But if my big trick fails : it should be the first option. If it's too long : fuck the database i want to play too 🙃

One more thing I gotta say about PES 2010.

It might not be one of the higher regarded installments, and the gameplay probably has some issues (which are partially solved by PC gameplay mods), but to me it definitely feels like a "finished product". From the presentation, to the Master League mechanics (with training points, skills), to the menus and the beautiful palette they used for the pitch and the in-match graphics, the entire game feels like it is a complete package, in contrast with some of the later PES, which have certain elements that don't feel completely produced (for example, menus in PES 2019-21). I think 2010 is a very solid installment taken as a whole. :)

1671220981760.png1671221658447.png
a couple of screenshots with my man Jay-Jay and a Millonarios match! :BSCARF:
Like @vialli82 once said, the most beautiful lighting in PES. I'd have to agree! :TU:

Last edited:

Man, those where the days.

Still remember that feeling watching the intro for the first time before diving in to explore that football game world of PES 2010, was something unique and awesome. One year later during the summer waiting for autumn to kick in and get the next entry of PES 2011, I saw that new all in one full packaged trailer, and I was totally astonished by all the content and new mechanics presented:

That video combining all those nostalgic trailer clips & songs is still haunting my head, so impactful it was...

Last edited:
I have posted this video I made before, probably in this very thread, but when I was going down memory lane one more time I was reminded that there were actually usable replay camera angles back then as well. The decline of this franchise is frankly astonishing.

Still remember that feeling watching the intro for the first time before diving in to explore that football game world of PES 2010, was something unique and awesome. One year later during the summer waiting for autumn to kick in and get the next entry of PES 2011, I saw that new all in one full packaged trailer, and I was totally astonished by all the content and new mechanics presented:

That video combining all those nostalgic trailer clips & songs is still haunting my head, so impactful it was...
I noticed in this trailer that Napoli isn't licenced, but it was in the final version.
It was licenced on PES 2010.

1671262400503.png

I have posted this video I made before, probably in this very thread, but when I was going down memory lane one more time I was reminded that there were actually usable replay camera angles back then as well. The decline of this franchise is frankly astonishing.
The video is not showing. Says" Unavailable, this video is private"

Being from South America, how could I not love this? Really gives me a great and nostalgic feeling. :) Brings back so many real-life memories. Talk about atmosphere!!

I just want to dig out my old PS3 PES games now but I don't have a PS3 anymore 😐 Is that the actual commentary? Because that guy sounds like he is having the time of his life

HI all,

Can anyone help me solve this potential disaster for me?

I have a Mac and just yesterday I did an update to Ventura. Something that I had put off for a while.

So today I wanted to do some editing but now when I open @adams06 editor and try to open my option file which is located in a folder on the desktop, it does not show anything on the desktop. (Image 1)

But if I move the option file to a completely different folder, for example one called Public, it finds it. (Image 2)

This is not a major problem but it just means that I have to place my option file in a completely different folder which is irrelevant to all my editing. :BRICK:

The reason I call this a potential disaster is because I do worry that one day when I update my Mac or my Virtual PC the programs and apps that I use to edit PES will no longer work. :((

If anyone could shine some light, maybe @adams06 or @marqisspes6 it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Image 1.pngImage 2.png

Last edited:
@Isslander Bro, I haven't been able to find working links for Brazilian Portuguese PES 2011.. (only for European Portuguese), but they do exist!

My guess is that the commentators in the video are 100% from the game, they sound like they are directly from the game.. I always thought they sounded cool.

Will try to find a Brazilian Portuguese video to confirm. :TU:

Last edited:
Hey guys, I let WE2002 simulate the WC Final on the wonderful Qatar 2022 patch by Kaizo. I’ve been playing so much WE2002 (various patches) and I’m often blown away by some of the gameplay moments. These games were (still are) so good 🙂.

I've loved video games for as long as I can remember, but if I can give credit for one that made me fall for the football genre... it was Winning Eleven 2002. In Brazil it was common to have a bunch of counterfeit disks being sold in stores, usually with patches, I had one with the UEFA Champions League, one with the Brazilian League and another one with the national teams, all with Portuguese-BR translated menus, and all of them with Winning Eleven 2002 as their base, and what a solid base it was, good times on my beloved PS1.

I mean, there was just something about these installments, when talking about the best years of the franchise people will usually mention the PS2 era, but the PS1 era was as solid as it gets, especially Winning Eleven 3 Final Ver. and Winning Eleven 2002, Konami's adaptations of the 1998 and 2002 World Cups respectively, both which make eFootball's 2022 World Cup adaptation look like a joke by the way. We had something that was beloved by both arcade and simulation fans, just changing the speed was enough to satisfy both.

I mean, the fundamentals were there, rules which were simple enough to understand, players that had weight to them, stats that made a huge difference and were easy to notice while playing, mechanics that are the foundation for the genre to this day, this era doesn't get talked about enough in my eyes. I picked up both Winning Eleven 3 Final Ver. and Winning Eleven 2002 lately, for just a few friendly matches, on default speed settings, and I was surprised at how the tempo felt more realistic that current FIFAs even, it plays such good football.

P.S. I'm downloading Kaizo's patch right now, incredible work and deserves all of the praise for the effort, I loved what I saw in the footage.

HI all,

I have a Mac and just yesterday I did an update to Ventura. Something that I had put off for a while.

So today I wanted to do some editing but now when I open @adams06 editor and try to open my option file which is located in a folder on the desktop, it does not show anything on the desktop. (Image 1)

But if I move the option file to a completely different folder, for example one called Public, it finds it. (Image 2)

This is not a major problem but it just means that I have to place my option file in a completely different folder which is irrelevant to all my editing. :BRICK:

The reason I call this a potential disaster is because I do worry that one day when I update my Mac or my Virtual PC the programs and apps that I use to edit PES will no longer work. :((

If anyone could shine some light, maybe @adams06 or @marqisspes6 it would be much appreciated. Thanks

View attachment 193091View attachment 193092

Please guys just a word of warning, make sure you do not upgrade your system unless you know the upgrade is stable.

This upgrade to Ventura has messed up things and slowed down my editing quite a bit. Really so annoyed with this and annoyed at myself.

HI all,

Hey mate, i really can't help on this topic, i have used only mac one time in my life, and it was a hackingtosh iso (which is like a mac but running on regular hardware not the official one) all my time been using windows and Linux

Hey bros, I'm looking for a PES 2011 mod or a method that increases/replaces pitch sounds and/or crowd noise. I think this is a great installment but the crowd noises are a little stale compared to other versions, and I'd like the ball/sound effects to sound louder as well.. Do you guys know of any mod which replaces/increases the crowd sounds and/or the sounds on the pitch?

Last edited:
I've loved video games for as long as I can remember, but if I can give credit for one that made me fall for the football genre... it was Winning Eleven 2002. In Brazil it was common to have a bunch of counterfeit disks being sold in stores, usually with patches, I had one with the UEFA Champions League, one with the Brazilian League and another one with the national teams, all with Portuguese-BR translated menus, and all of them with Winning Eleven 2002 as their base, and what a solid base it was, good times on my beloved PS1.

I mean, there was just something about these installments, when talking about the best years of the franchise people will usually mention the PS2 era, but the PS1 era was as solid as it gets, especially Winning Eleven 3 Final Ver. and Winning Eleven 2002, Konami's adaptations of the 1998 and 2002 World Cups respectively, both which make eFootball's 2022 World Cup adaptation look like a joke by the way. We had something that was beloved by both arcade and simulation fans, just changing the speed was enough to satisfy both.

I mean, the fundamentals were there, rules which were simple enough to understand, players that had weight to them, stats that made a huge difference and were easy to notice while playing, mechanics that are the foundation for the genre to this day, this era doesn't get talked about enough in my eyes. I picked up both Winning Eleven 3 Final Ver. and Winning Eleven 2002 lately, for just a few friendly matches, on default speed settings, and I was surprised at how the tempo felt more realistic that current FIFAs even, it plays such good football.

P.S. I'm downloading Kaizo's patch right now, incredible work and deserves all of the praise for the effort, I loved what I saw in the footage.
What an incredible response 👍.

I absolutely love WE3FV. The colours, the camera angle and the dribbling all standout. It is a minor shame that this iteration came before gameplay mechanics like the step over and fake shot (I think).

you know, I’d have loved to have all the counterfeit patches in England. There just wasn’t the scene for it over here.

Reactions: MKC
HI all,

To be honest I don't know why this happen and how to solve that

Yeah they really knew how to sell us PES fans on the new game. It was never going to compete with the production values of FIFA's marketing at the time and it's good that they weren't trying to. These were trailers made for people who cared about PES and knew what they were signing up for.

Once we got to 2016 onwards we started getting those generic attract mode style trailers that didn't actually tell you anything about the game.

Then we came full circle with the abomination of the eFootball trailer. It seems like decent honest trailers for games is a bit of a lost art now. it's easier to mash together some out of context clips, slap on a pre-order mtx bonus shill at the end of it and call it a day.

Played waaay to much PS2 Pes during the World Cup (PES5 is still the greatest, closely followed by PES 2008 and PES3) but quite fancy a PS3 PES now.

Torn between PES 2010 and 2011. What's the best in terms of playability and AI?

Back
Top Bottom