The Retro-PES Corner

:LOL:

Thanks slamsoze, I am currently bulk updating my videos now.

I am expecting you to help me get 2 million views and 1 million subscribers :D
Yep, I've checked out. Works much better now. Thanks... ( i want partition by your YouTube /Google adds income) :) :P :D

It can be also an opportunity to distribute better your work in 2008 ps2 Option File.

I am sure many will notice that you are playing with an edited version in PS2.

I'm currently make some test for ML on PES 2008, and there's something pretty weird...
The players i've brought in "ML Hidden" (so the supposed 5000 pes points players) doesn't appears.

If you don't care about PES 2008/WE2008 weird facts
I did "Yes" and "No" on the option before starting the game. But no, on US version it seems you just can't buy them.
What i tried is to base copy the same players as i've heard it could restore their real value... But as they don't appears :DD

No idea why. Perhaps as i assigned WEN to buy them. No idea. So you got an EU version basic with the function "YES/NO" which doesn't work and put all the ML hidden whatever you do, an US version that doesn't want to make them appears, and a JAP (in English or Jap) restoring the level 6 difficulty (and it seems that on PES 2008 it's way harder than on PES 5, the CPU kills you)

Kinda amusing and wtf.
Will try the WE2008 to see if/like on older PES/they attack too aggressively resulting in more open space for counter, or if they're as good in attack than in defence.

Ah yes one question : what's the real difference between PES 5 and WE9LE? I've heard that it's about the rebound in ball physics that change litterally the game (if they could've at least update transfers too...)

Now About WE10LE : the difference is they got much more real faces. They doesn't looks exactly the same as PES 2008 weirdly... And the game seems even faster and goal to goal than PES 6 ! I think it's the faster PES/WE i've ever played. Not a fan : the best alternative still JL2007CC, it's kinda annoying that there's not Nations, especially if you play J-League (to buy some players with stats accurate for their position for a cheap price) but well, i can't make without.
Having a real D2 in a PES, and not 7 teams is priceless.

what's the real difference between PES 5 and WE9LE? I've heard that it's about the rebound in ball physics that change litterally the game (if they could've at least update transfers too...)
I haven't played WE9LE too much, but from a few exhibition matches I remember that the ball physics were different, and also it was my impression that pass accuracy was lesser in WE9LE than in PES 5, kind of like a bit less assisted, there were more errors and wayward passes if I remember correctly. :TU:

Ah yes one question : what's the real difference between PES 5 and WE9LE? I've heard that it's about the rebound in ball physics that change litterally the game (if they could've at least update transfers too...)

Some says the balls physicals are better on the we9le stats are the same, in fsct i shared some csv stats from the 3 games pes5, we9, we9le and they look the same, also I notice that some players have some special commentary

Some says the balls physicals are better on the we9le stats are the same, in fsct i shared some csv stats from the 3 games pes5, we9, we9le and they look the same, also I notice that some players have some special commentary
Well, it's WE9 Japanese version i was talking about : the most defensive PES/WE of all versions, with tons of interceptions and more fault than in PES 5. You got to tempers a lot the :x: and :square:.
I don't feel the impression of slower for players, but slower for passing that's sure (probably the reason for interceptions)

On the long terms to me it was the best version in terms of balance : as the midfield and the flanks participated a lot on defensive task, more than any Konami game. It's still an action football but in terms of balance... It's the closer from a word that i don't like "simulation".

Ah yes the database is from 2004-2005 winter transfers, while WE8LE covers summers transfers. Only on PS2 through, at the time the game solded 100 times more on PS2 than PC.
The WE9 you're talking about WE9 International : it's PES 5 for America exactly, zero change except the name and perhaps some added languages).

JLWE9AC got different stats and new players but so few Europe teams that you can forgot to update summer transfers based on it.
And as i was, 2 months ago (before switching to PES 2008 edition as there were too much errors in PES 5 database...

I just can't play it (PS2, i prefers) because of the data and random faces or preset assigned on unknown players not lookalike at all. A little bit i can tolerate but that's was too much.
Like, if you remember on Fifa 08 or 09, Valbuena with a Ponytail :LOL::LOL:

Well, it's WE9 Japanese version i was talking about : the most defensive PES/WE of all versions, with tons of interceptions and more fault than in PES 5. You got to tempers a lot the :x: and :square:.
I don't feel the impression of slower for players, but slower for passing that's sure (probably the reason for interceptions)

On the long terms to me it was the best version in terms of balance : as the midfield and the flanks participated a lot on defensive task, more than any Konami game. It's still an action football but in terms of balance... It's the closer from a word that i don't like "simulation".

Ah yes the database is from 2004-2005 winter transfers, while WE8LE covers summers transfers. Only on PS2 through, at the time the game solded 100 times more on PS2 than PC.
The WE9 you're talking about WE9 International : it's PES 5 for America exactly, zero change except the name and perhaps some added languages).

JLWE9AC got different stats and new players but so few Europe teams that you can forgot to update summer transfers based on it.
And as i was, 2 months ago (before switching to PES 2008 edition as there were too much errors in PES 5 database...

I just can't play it (PS2, i prefers) because of the data and random faces or preset assigned on unknown players not lookalike at all. A little bit i can tolerate but that's was too much.
Like, if you remember on Fifa 08 or 09, Valbuena with a Ponytail :LOL::LOL:

No I think you're getting it wrong

We9le is the korean version (that came out for ps2 and pc), we9J is the version you're talking about that has kibara commentary, we9I (internacional) is the one that came out for pc, also there's another version called we9 ubiqituous version or something like that for psp if im not wrong it was for japan too

Yeah, i know, that's what i said no? WE9 (only) for Jap, WE9I for America and perhaps others continent, WE9LE i know it was for Korea, out after JLWE9AC but with the same database as PES 5.
Big shambles everywhere with names, database etc.
And since i discovered all the mess, i only play with most known players and big/averagely big teams lol.

Yeah, i know, that's what i said no? WE9 (only) for Jap, WE9I for America and perhaps others continent, WE9LE i know it was for Korea, out after JLWE9AC but with the same database as PES 5.
Big shambles everywhere with names, database etc.
And since i discovered all the mess, i only play with most known players and big/averagely big teams lol.

Oh my bad, i was referring to the first comment you made asking the difference between pes5 and we9le that's what makes me a little bit confused about it

Yep, I've checked out. Works much better now. Thanks... ( i want partition by your YouTube /Google adds income) :) :P :D

It can be also an opportunity to distribute better your work in 2008 ps2 Option File.

I am sure many will notice that you are playing with an edited version in PS2.

Yes if it gets more people into PES2008 then that can only be a good thing. I didn't realise people would not be able to easily access the videos even if they have 'liked' or 'viewed' it. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

The players i've brought in "ML Hidden" (so the supposed 5000 pes points players) doesn't appears.

If you don't care about PES 2008/WE2008 weird facts
I did "Yes" and "No" on the option before starting the game. But no, on US version it seems you just can't buy them.
What i tried is to base copy the same players as i've heard it could restore their real value... But as they don't appears :DD

No idea why. Perhaps as i assigned WEN to buy them. No idea. So you got an EU version basic with the function "YES/NO" which doesn't work and put all the ML hidden whatever you do, an US version that doesn't want to make them appears, and a JAP (in English or Jap) restoring the level 6 difficulty (and it seems that on PES 2008 it's way harder than on PES 5, the CPU kills you)

Kinda amusing and wtf.
Will try the WE2008 to see if/like on older PES/they attack too aggressively resulting in more open space for counter, or if they're as good in attack than in defence.

Now About WE10LE : the difference is they got much more real faces. They doesn't looks exactly the same as PES 2008 weirdly... And the game seems even faster and goal to goal than PES 6 ! I think it's the faster PES/WE i've ever played. Not a fan : the best alternative still JL2007CC, it's kinda annoying that there's not Nations, especially if you play J-League (to buy some players with stats accurate for their position for a cheap price) but well, i can't make without.
Having a real D2 in a PES, and not 7 teams is priceless.
Yes the 'ML Hidden' players are a little annoying at times. As you know, I have not unlocked any players or teams in my option file but when I do play test a ML there are still some players that do not appear. So I make a note of them and change them to the default player. ;)

Just found something. Damn and f***
There was something important missing in PES 2008 : on the PES Shop there's no 6 stars difficulty...
BUT they it's resolved on Winning Eleven 2008 for i don't know which reason. I'm a bit kinda pissed and frustrated at the same time, because 5 stars became too easy for me at a certain point.

There's an O.F. on PSP, but i got no PSP and i don't think you can import data from that O.F. (that i would modify) on PS2.

Whatever, i found a solution : the game allow you can import from WE10 : i just have to reproduce some stuff but not everything > So no Others League C or it's endless. No transfers, just some change like top players from Bundes on PES WE United.

All that just to ask to @geeeeee : bro did you know about WE 2008 6 stars unlockable difficulty?

Well 5 stars in that game is already harder than on others in my opinion as AI seems to attempt more stuffs and scores more improbable goals, so i was good with it (i suppose you noticed it too)

I was also unaware of the six star difficulty level present in that version of the game. What a pity that it is not included in PES 2008, although being almost the same version, it may be blocked and hidden in some way in its game code.
Maybe one day it can be edited with the @marqisspes6 tool and transfer or copy the data from PES 2008 and play it at maximum difficulty.

On the other hand, I think the J-League 2008 version is the most polished to use as a base and update to 2022, but that game is so well done that it would be almost a crime to put our hands on it.

While looking for information about the versions of the game in 2008, I found this video:

:CONFUSE:

And you can have it in your room...

:P

I was also unaware of the six star difficulty level present in that version of the game. What a pity that it is not included in PES 2008, although being almost the same version, it may be blocked and hidden in some way in its game code.
Maybe one day it can be edited with the @marqisspes6 tool and transfer or copy the data from PES 2008 and play it at maximum difficulty.

On the other hand, I think the J-League 2008 version is the most polished to use as a base and update to 2022, but that game is so well done that it would be almost a crime to put our hands on it.

While looking for information about the versions of the game in 2008, I found this video:

:CONFUSE:

And you can have it in your room...

:P

i believe the option is missing because it was done with a base of pes6 ps2, not sure if that level could be recover, maybe if there's code in the game would be possible, otherwise no

I think the same too. It's like the Final Evolution of the already very good PES 2008, but i prefers saying "it's the same" in my mind (as it's impossible to edit haha...)
The two best gameplay and unpredictable ball physics/advanced let's says/ aren't PES 5 and WE9LE. The reason was the PS360 era otherwhise the 2 best PES are PES 2008 and JL2008. For my own taste, in PES 5, i often do the move forward > down like i always did in previous PES : but they transformed in a "feint" where you delay the ball with the extern of the foot, if you know what i mean (not english native speaker).

I must admit there's a certain logic behind that move, omnipresent in the game and it makes the game very fun and especially to dribble.
But with the recoil i feel like the normal move forward > down was in the same time completely removed...

Well back to JL2008, even if you can edit it it's kinda hard to found sponsors for La Liga etc., as they aren't licenced.
You got to found on pehraps Kronos package for PES 6 the 07-08 season with every emblems and logos.
But there's others Future European version (i think PES 2009 or 2010) where you can found sponsors as teams didn't change every year.

But to be honest, rebuilding kits is taking time, and pretty annoying now : it was amusing 15-20 years ago.
I care much more about database and gameplay > both are kinda related. But on JL version let's says there's only or names to do and faces to correct. Thrust me, some are completely random, the worst is in PES 4-5-6. 2008 and 2009 restored a bit but still wrong (brown hair > blonde, big blue eyes > black in game etc. : the basis for me)

FTM : i'm trying to at least finish my Bundes ASAP completely remade as older OF weren't accurate in stats (like many keepers with 78 or 85 in stamina) etc., i found one +- good but still some mess like this.
Then, or in the same time i really want to update PES 2021 as a "current gen" football game miss to me.

But that's another story O.T.

Last edited:
I think the same too. It's like the Final Evolution of the already very good PES 2008, but i prefers saying "it's the same" in my mind (as it's impossible to edit haha...)
The two best gameplay and unpredictable ball physics/advanced let's says/ aren't PES 5 and WE9LE. The reason was the PS360 era otherwhise the 2 best PES are PES 2008 and JL2008. For my own taste, in PES 5, i often do the move forward > down like i always did in previous PES : but they transformed in a "feint" where you delay the ball with the extern of the foot, if you know what i mean (not english native speaker).

I must admit there's a certain logic behind that move, omnipresent in the game and it makes the game very fun and especially to dribble.
But with the recoil i feel like the normal move forward > down was in the same time completely removed...

Well back to JL2008, even if you can edit it it's kinda hard to found sponsors for La Liga etc., as they aren't licenced.
You got to found on pehraps Kronos package for PES 6 the 07-08 season with every emblems and logos.
But there's others Future European version (i think PES 2009 or 2010) where you can found sponsors as teams didn't change every year.

But to be honest, rebuilding kits is taking time, and pretty annoying now : it was amusing 15-20 years ago.
I care much more about database and gameplay > both are kinda related. But on JL version let's says there's only or names to do and faces to correct. Thrust me, some are completely random, the worst is in PES 4-5-6. 2008 and 2009 restored a bit but still wrong (brown hair > blonde, big blue eyes > black in game etc. : the basis for me)

FTM : i'm trying to at least finish my Bundes ASAP completely remade as older OF weren't accurate in stats (like many keepers with 78 or 85 in stamina) etc., i found one +- good but still some mess like this.
Then, or in the same time i really want to update PES 2021 as a "current gen" football game miss to me.

But that's another story O.T.

Well... I can say that you can modify the iso an assign license to every team in any ps2 pes (from pes4 of course), even the master league teams, that's what was called afs kitserver, of course now you'll have another thing to do... Insert kits, fonts, letters, but like i said, its possible, I'm trying to order the whole data to explain the way of how to do it for every pes/we/jl game

Well... I can say that you can modify the iso an assign license to every team in any ps2 pes (from pes4 of course), even the master league teams, that's what was called afs kitserver, of course now you'll have another thing to do... Insert kits, fonts, letters, but like i said, its possible, I'm trying to order the whole data to explain the way of how to do it for every pes/we/jl game

A bit too complicated for me everything related to "modding" (pc, kitserver etc.) so i'll be without me, but if someone want to do the job...
Great idea to make a tutorial mate. Sad that people on PC are sticked with PES 5 and 6, because there's so much hidden gems on PS2 to discover

Even PES 2014 PS2 which is a very good game (the best for the "after PES 2008" version, which all feels different... It's the best of post-2008 no contest) since they've remade completely some stuffs in terms of graphisms to make it run much smoother on PS2.
Step by step, like first the models, then the pitch, the crowd etc.

@vialli82 Bro speaking of PS2 versions, right now I'm playing JLWE9 AC, and the game is awesome.. The only problem I have is that as you know I like playing ML, and in ML it seems like all Japanese and Korean players have a transfer price of 300, which isn't too realistic because of course the Japanese and Korean players have all different skill levels.. Do you or anybody else know if there's any way to correct this? :TU:

@vialli82 Bro speaking of PS2 versions, right now I'm playing JLWE9 AC, and the game is awesome.. The only problem I have is that as you know I like playing ML, and in ML it seems like all Japanese and Korean players have a transfer price of 300, which isn't too realistic because of course the Japanese and Korean players have all different skill levels.. Do you or anybody else know if there's any way to correct this? :TU:

change their nationality to something else, probably the best is free nationality and that should do the trick, i would love to know how to disable this for that nationality specifically but sadly i never could found that

change their nationality to something else, probably the best is free nationality and that should do the trick, i would love to know how to disable this for that nationality specifically but sadly i never could found that
Just straight in Edit mode or is there some kind of external editor for that? Thanks man. :TU:

Just straight in Edit mode or is there some kind of external editor for that? Thanks man. :TU:

i believe that in edit mode should be enough... i cant actually remember if that was enough but i do remember that was the "fix" i found, its pretty sad because you can keep their nationality correctly in game

EDIT:
i think you need to create a new ml if im not wrong

This is the work around, I had to do in my OF ;)

One thing I realised the other day is that you cannot play on the same side as the CPU in PES2008. Correct me if i'm wrong but i am sure you could do that in 5 and 6?

Also, i played as a 'Fixed' player the other day on 'Player Cam' that was a lot of fun as a defender trying to mark Salah. The nervous anticipation i felt when my team's attack broke down and then you see the opposition move up the pitch towards you and you have to concentrate with marking and playing offside trap too. :)

Do you know if this is for only Korean and Japanese players or does it apply to all Asian players in JLWE9 AC? (I mean the 300 points cost in ML). Man it would be so much easier if there was just a way to convert them all to "free" nationality, like with an external editor.. It's probably going to take a long while to do them one by one! :LOL:

Do you know if this is for only Korean and Japanese players or does it appy to all Asian players in JLWE9 AC? Man it would be so much easier if there was just a way to convert them all to "free" nationality, like with an external editor.. It's probably going to take a long while!

not sure if there's another nationality, but in here https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes5-we9-le-modify-ml-salary.85201/ i shared some information about salary and only japanese and korean players got the same salary (this is on pes5, but its the same logic)

If only there was a way to export the JLWE9 AC data to PC PES 5, it would make it so much easier, hehe. But anyway, that's helpful, thanks. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom