The Retro-PES Corner

I was able to increase LOD with hex editing SLES_549.13 file , now you can finally see numbers and names on kits and shorts at a great distance, as well as faces with hairs. Also, kits no longer reduce resolution when the camera moves away. But that didn't fix the flickering textures issue. The problem is in the emulator itself.:(
yhMsar5.png

not sure if this will be useful or related to what you're looking for, but maybe you could give it a try https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-No-interlacing-codes

Being honest i have not really watched much of it. One thing that i think needs to be done though is to reduce the size of the goals, width and height. Whenever I see goals from distance I just think that the gk would have saved it if the goals were slightly smaller. I just checked online and the average male gk is 6 foot 2 while the female gk is 5 foot 8. So i think it is not fair on gk’s. :)

So on for the pitch size. But they (women) don't want to change it, just to say "we can do like men", but measurations from the pitch to the goal where made regarding the average size of a men, same for the ball size etc.

But whatever, for lower feminine league clubs it cost a bit too much i believe to create a pitch aside / or changing goals and lines for every change / just for women. And female football it bring 10000 (i'm kind) less money than men's so...

Being honest i have not really watched much of it. One thing that i think needs to be done though is to reduce the size of the goals, width and height. Whenever I see goals from distance I just think that the gk would have saved it if the goals were slightly smaller. I just checked online and the average male gk is 6 foot 2 while the female gk is 5 foot 8. So i think it is not fair on gk’s. :)

yeah thought the same thing while watching. long shots are so much more dangerous than in the men's game. on the other hand a bit more scoring in a football game is not really that bad from a fan perspective to be honest.

women in basketball also use a smaller ball than men and i'm not aware of any complaining.
(secretely i'm actually envious, as an average sized man i feel more comfortable with smaller balls :LOL:)

yeah thought the same thing while watching. long shots are so much more dangerous than in the men's game. on the other hand a bit more scoring in a football game is not really that bad from a fan perspective to be honest.

women in basketball also use a smaller ball than men and i'm not aware of any complaining.
(secretely i'm actually envious, as an average sized man i feel more comfortable with smaller balls :LOL:)

going with the topic of pes with women football... i found some interesting things in here on pes retro http://www.foro.pesretro.net/showthread.php?tid=10992

here's some screenshot

1658401042004.png

and a kit template that will generate the effect

1658401071553.png

the first picture has some remark on the nipples of the player (which i think is not a great idea) and the template already fix that

going with the topic of pes with women football... i found some interesting things in here on pes retro http://www.foro.pesretro.net/showthread.php?tid=10992

here's some screenshot

View attachment 169950

and a kit template that will generate the effect

View attachment 169951

the first picture has some remark on the nipples of the player (which i think is not a great idea) and the template already fix that

nice :)
the model in the screen is rather distracting, no need to sexualize a football game. good to hear it's fixed.

Yes, no protruding nipples, please 😂

If you're not watching women's football, you're missing out. The field and nets are fine the size they are because there's more space, and teams go out with the idea of playing, not preventing the opposition from playing, a plague of the tiki-taka era. Couple that with the fact that it's so clear that the women enjoy every moment of the tournament because it's a showcase for them, while the men are under so much pressure and you can almost see them crumbling under the weight of expectation.

A while ago, I helped my brother on a medical study that took data from the 2011 Women's World Cup vs the 2010 Men's World Cup. The data showed the women were half as likely to feign injuries during play than the men, and their injuries were twice as likely to be actual injuries (keeping them out of the match for 5+ minutes) that prevented them from playing on.

It was a small sample size, and you could probably dispute some of the findings or make rational reasonings for them (there is more money/fame in the men's game and the stakes are higher, for example), but I think it's easier to tune in for a big women's match and just enjoy it — I would liken it, in the interest of this forum and staying on topic, to it being easier and more pleasant to launch a quick game of PES 5/6 vs all the crap you need to load and connect to in launching a "quick" game of FIFA/PES 21. The problem is that they just aren't as frequent, but this has been an incredible year for the women's game, especially in Europe.

Never played this! Looks great.. I have a question though.. Wasn't the "official" start of PES franchise International Superstar Soccer for the Super Nintendo? Sometimes the timeline/continuation of the early series is a bit confusing. :LOL:

It's really two lineages: KCET's (Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo) Winning Eleven/PES, and KCEO's (Konami Computer Entertainment Osaka, or Nagoya for some of the GB games) 'Live'/ISS games.

ISS (Perfect Eleven in Japan) was a KCEO job, and the series ended with ISS3 in 2003.

The two series lived very separate lives apart from ISS 98 and ISS Pro 98, which (in Europe at least) shared cover art and promotional campaigns.

I get pretty particular about it as the two are very different. The KCEO games easily inferior in my opinion, but enjoyable nonetheless.

A while ago, I helped my brother on a medical study that took data from the 2011 Women's World Cup vs the 2010 Men's World Cup. The data showed the women were half as likely to feign injuries during play than the men, and their injuries were twice as likely to be actual injuries (keeping them out of the match for 5+ minutes) that prevented them from playing on.
Well... In the first 10 seconds of the England/Spain game, An English striker got the ball blasted at what look like her face and she lay on the floor for about 10 seconds acting like she just took a haymaker to the nose only for the replays to show it actually hit her on the arm, protecting her face.

Was pretty pathetic actually.

Yes, no protruding nipples, please 😂

If you're not watching women's football, you're missing out. The field and nets are fine the size they are because there's more space, and teams go out with the idea of playing, not preventing the opposition from playing, a plague of the tiki-taka era. Couple that with the fact that it's so clear that the women enjoy every moment of the tournament because it's a showcase for them, while the men are under so much pressure and you can almost see them crumbling under the weight of expectation.

It was a small sample size, and you could probably dispute some of the findings or make rational reasonings for them (there is more money/fame in the men's game and the stakes are higher, for example), but I think it's easier to tune in for a big women's match and just enjoy it — I would liken it, in the interest of this forum and staying on topic, to it being easier and more pleasant to launch a quick game of PES 5/6 vs all the crap you need to load and connect to in launching a "quick" game of FIFA/PES 21. The problem is that they just aren't as frequent, but this has been an incredible year for the women's game, especially in Europe.

In women's football, the amateur spirit still prevails, which may explain the fact of playing that style of football, the fact of resisting injuries. In men's football, on the other hand, when similar high-level teams face each other, as occurs in a world cup, the aim is to weaken the rival team with details, for example, by simulating fouls. The world cups are won with details, that is the reason why it is the most difficult competition in the world.
A stupid penalty can make a difference.

In women's football, the amateur spirit still prevails, which may explain the fact of playing that style of football, the fact of resisting injuries. In men's football, on the other hand, when similar high-level teams face each other, as occurs in a world cup, the aim is to weaken the rival team with details, for example, by simulating fouls. The world cups are won with details, that is the reason why it is the most difficult competition in the world.
A stupid penalty can make a difference.

Well... Not gonna lie but i do respect Messi playstyle over Neymar (just to give an example) when Messi is getting hit and even if it falls he gets up and try to keep the play, that's... Just put always a tear in my eye, makes me remember those time when i played soccer when i was 10. Then you have Neymar who fakes 90% of their fouls... Such a pitty he never learned anything from Messi through all these years together, but we can see that actitude over many players sadly

Bueno... No voy a mentir, pero respeto el estilo de juego de Messi sobre Neymar (solo para dar un ejemplo) cuando Messi está recibiendo un golpe y aunque se caiga, se levanta y trata de mantener el juego, eso es... Solo pon siempre un lágrimas en los ojos, me hace recordar aquellos tiempos en los que jugaba al fútbol cuando tenía 10 años. Luego está Neymar, que finge el 90% de sus faltas... Lástima que nunca aprendió nada de Messi durante todos estos años juntos, pero nosotros puedo ver esa actitud sobre muchos jugadores tristemente

Yes, Neymar is a good player, but Messi... Messi will be in the history books. I remember watching in the stadium a South American qualifying match for the 2014 World Cup, Argentina vs Uruguay. That player does things that break the logic. In that match the Uruguayan defense (Lugano and Godin) hit him from all sides, but Messi... Messi scored two goals and he was the best of the match, showing us what it means to destroy a rival

Yes, Neymar is a good player, but Messi... Messi will be in the history books. I remember watching in the stadium a South American qualifying match for the 2014 World Cup, Argentina vs Uruguay. That player does things that break the logic. In that match the Uruguayan defense (Lugano and Godin) hit him from all sides, but Messi... Messi scored two goals and he was the best of the match, showing us what it means to destroy a rival

Yeah... last player I remember like him was Ronaldinho, tho, he even faked some of those fouls, but it was more strategic than what is happening currently on football

Just found something. Damn and f***
There was something important missing in PES 2008 : on the PES Shop there's no 6 stars difficulty...
BUT they it's resolved on Winning Eleven 2008 for i don't know which reason. I'm a bit kinda pissed and frustrated at the same time, because 5 stars became too easy for me at a certain point.

There's an O.F. on PSP, but i got no PSP and i don't think you can import data from that O.F. (that i would modify) on PS2.

Whatever, i found a solution : the game allow you can import from WE10 : i just have to reproduce some stuff but not everything > So no Others League C or it's endless. No transfers, just some change like top players from Bundes on PES WE United.

All that just to ask to @geeeeee : bro did you know about WE 2008 6 stars unlockable difficulty?

Well 5 stars in that game is already harder than on others in my opinion as AI seems to attempt more stuffs and scores more improbable goals, so i was good with it (i suppose you noticed it too)

The only games i will focus on data will be PES5-WE9LE (changing name, import OF2 with the editor and it's compatible... But i got no idea about the difference : to me it looks similar), PES2008, JL2007, JL2008 with emblems only its okay, and PES1-WE5FE (already edited, both)
I tried tons of versions, and those were the most replayable of all. PES 2 too, but i already played too much in my youth i remember, i know the game and the ML system a bit too much, pretty repetitive.

But the 3 main will be PES 2008 and PES 5 (era) and JL2007 (as i kinda like PES 6 but that version correct all things i hated from that version)
All on PS2 with my scaler + scanlines generator : it looks like a CRT TV.

Perhaps also later PES 2014 as it feels very different, i'll see as it's a pretty interesting game, and easy to update from that season, got already an O.F.

Just missing 4 or 6 teams from Bundes to create (or not lol).

JLWE9AC and JLWE8AC. But as you play on PC, even if PES 2013 is not too much your cup of tea : the patch coming soon sounds amazing.
You probably have fun with smaller team on it, and probably some gameplay changes.

For K-League, JLWE9AC is hard but closer to WE9 (more battle in the midfield) than PES 5 (a bit more direct play).

I've heard than WE9LE got different ball physics... That's what i complained a bit regarding PES 5 vs the sequels : you can hate PES 6, but Ball physics is less predictable and PES 2008 is kinda weird : looks like the ball was made for a 360 degree directions players, it's looking too "Next-gen" for the rest lol.

I actually really like PES 6, and PES 2013 is making a comeback in my preferences hehe. :)

As for JLWE9AC, I'm playing a lot of that right now! I want to start a Master League with a Korean team, probably SK Bucheon, but I want to edit all the players and create a wholly invented roster of low-stats players. (I've tried using the ML defaults and although they're pretty interesting, they have more Chinese/Japanese players and I'd like a Korean roster).. Anyway it's gonna take a while to edit the low-stats players, but I think it'll be worth it.

Last edited:
The conversation about women’s football reminded me of this that i posted a few years ago from FIFA 19 … :D

I don't know if you are already aware, or doing it accidentally, but your Youtube videos are not public in Youtube, and we can only access them by the links you share here in the forum.

Last edited:
I actually really like PES 6, and PES 2013 is making a comeback in my preferences hehe. :)

As for JLWE9AC, I'm playing a lot of that right now! I want to start a Master League with a Korean team, probably SK Bucheon, but I want to edit all the players and create a wholly invented roster of low-stats players. (I've tried using the ML defaults and although they're pretty interesting, they have more Chinese/Japanese players and I'd like a Korean roster).. Anyway it's gonna take a while to edit the low-stats players, but I think it'lkk be worth it.

I also put PES 2011 on my list... Especially with the latest patch 21-22 + Historical clubs made by a member. The database is very good, stats and all, he retouched some PSD stats himself and it's pretty accurate, balanced. I still like my PESEDIT patch from the 11-12 end of season, but version offers to me a different perspective >

Like playing with PES 2004 to 2006 rosters from Juve or Real 2002-2004 with Zizou and R. Larcos on that engine, that game.
It seemed pretty different and closer to old games than for example Classics patchs on PS4 from Pesuni (well done too but less nostalgia feeling, PES 2011 to me is the only "360 degree" +- playing like an 8 directions PES, PES 2012 and 2013 feels different (not bad, matter of taste).

So you play with bigger pitch, more freedom but a good old feeling still.

Not sure if it fits for ML as there's 2 sections with historical clubs trough, but i replayed it and really loved it.

Edit : about PES 6 : it's probably because i played both that year on 360 and PS2 version (with our friendly league). And 360 was much better overall. I posted vids and they slowed down the game as it was the first in 16/9 etc., bigger vision so more effective to defend etc.

It wasn't too flashy while you changed direction in terms of animations than PES 2008 PC. Sad, just adding some animations, an edit mode and Teamvision and you would have one of the best "old school HD" PES of all time. Even if i got a small crush for PES 2008 PCPS360

Last edited:
There was something important missing in PES 2008 : on the PES Shop there's no 6 stars difficulty...
BUT they it's resolved on Winning Eleven 2008 for i don't know which reason. I'm a bit kinda pissed and frustrated at the same time, because 5 stars became too easy for me at a certain point.

There's an O.F. on PSP, but i got no PSP and i don't think you can import data from that O.F. (that i would modify) on PS2.

Whatever, i found a solution : the game allow you can import from WE10 : i just have to reproduce some stuff but not everything > So no Others League C or it's endless. No transfers, just some change like top players from Bundes on PES WE United.

All that just to ask to @geeeeee : bro did you know about WE 2008 6 stars unlockable difficulty?

Well 5 stars in that game is already harder than on others in my opinion as AI seems to attempt more stuffs and scores more improbable goals, so i was good with it (i suppose you noticed it too)

Hi Vialli, i did not know about WE 2008 6 stars difficulty. Never played it if i’m honest. :)

Regarding 6 stars in PES5, i’m sure there would have been some thread discussing it somewhere. I used to go between 5 and 6.

But 6 stars i found easier because the cpu attacked more leaving more gaps at the back. Hence the need for stat adjustments that made the cpu more difficult and adventurous on 5 stars ;)

I don't know if you are already aware, or doing it accidentally, but your Youtube videos are not public in Youtube, and we can only access them by the links you share here in the forum.

Hi slamsoze, thanks for pointing that out. I purposely chose that option as i am not too fussed if people need the link to see my videos. I like to keep myself to myself and do some things privately. ;)

A silly question though, apart from preventing me from getting one million ‘likes’ :P what are the downsides?

1658631380912.png

Hey bros, remember I was telling you guys about the unrealistic ML transfers in the PES 2013 Asian Patch I'm currently playing?

Take a look at this. This is from a very small South Korean team, with a budget of 33 Million euros!!

The problem has to do with unrealistic transfer budgets for the actual teams. I started an ML with a different mode (ML original members) and the budget was realistic. (3 million). So I think this definitely has to do with a problem with the actual patch, where budgets and salaries are not necessarily proportional to players and teams' skills.

Could anyone help? Any PES 2013 editors out there? I'd love to have realistic budgets for all teams and salaries which correspond to the actual players skills. I'd really appreciate any help guys. Thanks a lot. :TU:

Last edited:
View attachment 170317

Hey bros, remember I was telling you guys about the unrealistic ML transfers in the PES 2013 Asian Patch I'm currently playing?

Take a look at this. This is from a very small South Korean team, with a budget of 33 Million euros!!

The problem has to do with unrealistic transfer budgets for the actual teams. I started an ML with a different mode (ML original members) and the budget was realistic. (3 million). So I think this definitely has to do with a problem with the actual patch, where budgets and salaries are not necessarily proportional to players and teams' skills.

Could anyone help? Any PES 2013 editors out there? I'd love to have realistic budgets for all teams and salaries which correspond to the actual players skills. I'd really appreciate any help guys. Thanks a lot. :TU:
hello friend, write me to the private and I'll help you with the option file

Hi Vialli, i did not know about WE 2008 6 stars difficulty. Never played it if i’m honest. :)

Regarding 6 stars in PES5, i’m sure there would have been some thread discussing it somewhere. I used to go between 5 and 6.

But 6 stars i found easier because the cpu attacked more leaving more gaps at the back. Hence the need for stat adjustments that made the cpu more difficult and adventurous on 5 stars ;)

Hi slamsoze, thanks for pointing that out. I purposely chose that option as i am not too fussed if people need the link to see my videos. I like to keep myself to myself and do some things privately. ;)

A silly question though, apart from preventing me from getting one million ‘likes’ :P what are the downsides?
If it's up to privacy, it is completely understand.

The downsides are:

-people outside Evoweb, that are interested in PES, cannot watch your videos.

- even people from here, if they are in remote place, cannot rewatch your videos on the fly, just by the YouTube platform , even if they are subscribed to your channel, like me.

-the rewatch ability is very very limited, if someone wants to rewatch your video, must track back the topic you shared the link, in order to watch that video.

In contrast , if your video's were public, i could just visit your YouTube profile/channel and rewatch whatever i am searching, that you have posted in the past.

Bonus: if your video's hit some millions of views, you're possibly losing some gift code from KONAMI, for some free/bonus coins in eFutebol!!! :D In order to buy the best in form Sane, Mane, Mbappe, Salah, accompanied with some Legends :P

Last edited:

Is there anyone who have WE 2008 OF ? i found it here but it's not working

https://winningeleven-games.com/thread-8034.html

There's also on Chinese website but not working either :/

If it's up to privacy, it is completely understand.

The downsides are:

-people outside Evoweb, that are interested in PES, cannot watch your videos.

- even people from here, if they are in remote place, cannot rewatch your videos on the fly, just by the YouTube platform , even if they are subscribed to your channel, like me.

-the rewatch ability is very very limited, if someone wants to rewatch your video, must track back the topic you shared the link, in order to watch that video.

In contrast , if your video's were public, i could just visit your YouTube profile/channel and rewatch whatever i am searching, that you have posted in the past.

Bonus: if your video's hit some millions of views, you're possibly losing some gift code from KONAMI, for some free/bonus coins in eFutebol!!! :D In order to buy the best in form Sane, Mane, Mbappe, Salah, accompanied with some Legends :P

:LOL:

Thanks slamsoze, I am currently bulk updating my videos now.

I am expecting you to help me get 2 million views and 1 million subscribers :D

Back
Top Bottom