The Retro-PES Corner

What's your camera? Do you use any game speed adjustments (are there for WE7)?

ah sheep I forgot to mention.

I actually bumped the speed to 1.20 so that the game flows a bit faster, but it also speeds up celebrations which look otherwise horrible. Plays better and the celebrations are also lots better. At least in my opinion. I even tried 1.50 but it's a bit too fast. Maybe 1.40 is the sweet spot?

that's my kitserver settings (kserv file):

Code:
# Misc settings
game.speed = 1.20
aspect.ratio = 1.77778
screen.width = 1920
screen.height = 1080

# camera settings
camera.zoom = 1450.0
camera.angle.multiplier = 9
stadium.render.clip = 1
stadium.render.height = 0.10

How can you doubt the talent in this squad?!?

All it takes is one look at the table my man. 6th place in second divisions says a lot more than you would think. I think I appreciate Ximelez for all he's done, and the default gang has its moment - they are so crazily inconsistent though...yes Huylens bangs in a kung-fu goal, but a minute before that he's 1v1 against goalie and literally smashes the ball into his face. If I was to include all my missed chances...conversion rate of this team up front is 10% at best.

For one epic huylens moment I get nine epic fails and my heart cannot take it anymore!

No bother I know I can sign some professionals now and Season 2 will be a delight. 🐑

:LOL: :R1 Although Zamenhof might be. :D

They are all fake & fraud corporation. Espimas is 100% running a gambling den and there's no convincing me otherwise. Vornarder has finsihed KGB's sabotage school and it shows. Castolo was running on the running track around the stadium and one day he joined a football team by mistake.

twenty one pilots? back in my day it was twenty three bollocks. one worse than another!!!!

been under a rock for like a week now, too much beer and too much free time = just disaster. Man what's going on 🐑

lots of new posts and new contributors hard to keep track of! it's basically a happy train this thread. The one PES forum where people are content and enjoy their time. Take a look anywhere else - now your day is ruined!

@ryudek hmmmmmmmmmmm. PC. Kitserver with resolution set to 1080p. I've got ENB or whatever something to help with stuttering (still doesn't help). I've set everything to max in nvidia settings maybe that helps too.

See I had that game look even better back in 2018. I was playing vanilla PES, used...something - I don't remember what it was, maybe sweetfx - I don't remember the settings whatsoever - but that was gorgeous, crisp, ten times better than now. I tried and tried and I can't set things up again the way I did on old PC.

It can be even better trust me 🐑

also, season 1 is over now, I gotta buy some people finally get to play the actual game! I see this whole default team cult in this thread and I shudder. You realize them defaults are all scammers. Shoemakers, ponzi schemers, bartenders, pretending to be football pros. You guys know that right??

One season and Vornarder alone gave me trust issues. My heart was broken more times than I can count.

Finally I will get to hire some proper players. We're back in 2021 🐑

I was going to give a like for another great video, but you had to ruin it with a totally unfair and ungrateful tirade on defaults. Fake news!

I was going to give a like for another great video, but you had to ruin it with a totally unfair and ungrateful tirade on defaults. Fake news!

Ungrateful, fam!!

Of course I'm grateful for Default Team. Who wouldn't swap Denilson from original Betis for Minanda? Or Joaquin for Huylens?? Who wouldnt???

I wonder?????????????????????????????? Who needs Denilson anyway???

I'm so grateful omg 🐑 It's not like I wanted Denilson and Joaquin anyway!!! Espimas is basically both isnt he!!!

[post-default team stress disorder activated]

There are three certainties in life: death, taxes, and putting Zamenhof on the transfer list before you've kicked a ball.

Truth to be told that makes him the best default team player ever, coz he doesn't even get a chance to mess anything up.

No dropped points = no trauma. I am oddly indifferent about him. Surprisingly. 🐑

Jokes aside, there's something in our collective unconscious that makes everyone love the underdog(s); timeless stories such as David vs. Goliath deeply resonate with us for some reason. The ML Defaults' success was based on "pressing that button": here's a bunch of untalented nobodies who want to take on strictly the best teams in the footballing world and conquer a superleague. How can you not want to fight for the "little guy" against the mighty superpowers? Curiously, this resonated even more with PES fans because the actual game was, back then, the underdog, taking on the mighty EA and their limitless resources: and though they had much more limited tools with which to build their own game - couldn't even get player names licensed -, they still stole the crown away from FIFA and dominated the football gaming market. Taking the Minandas and Castolos to glory is basically reproducing the beautiful story of PES inside...PES itself. It's brilliant.

//

I've almost finished the 2nd season of my Parma ML on PES5, the first on the Superleague, and we have clinch a spot on the next year's WEFA festivities - we will probably finish 4th in the league, an amazing feat. Also amazing was our participation on the D1 Cup; ever since I started the save I established that the D2/1 Cup would be played by the substitutes, and this time our benchwarmers were able to take Parma to the cup final, ultimately losing on penalties against Barcelona. This successful season has massively improved our financial situation, which means I will have to put on a straitjacket to prevent myself from buying wonderkids at ridiculously-inflated prices, or offering world-class salaries to mediocre Chinese footballers. If I'm successful in this endeavour I shall mainly bet on the free agent market, of course overpaying those players anyway in order to rapidly secure their acquisition; my roster is currently too short to deal with not two but the three competitions we will play next year.

In other news...:
- Riordan vs. Pazzini, The Battle That Never Ends: both having scored the exact same number of goals in the league, who will be crowned Parma's top scorer?
- Gilberto Silva out? Rumours say Parma wants to trade one of their few ageing assets for a wonderkid. Manager Miguelfcp was unable to comment.
- FootballLeaks Shocking Revelation: the site has revealed that Esajas is earning a brutal 400 PES salary, sparking theories about a possible money laundering scheme as Esajas isn't worth one-tenth of that value. Esajas' agent Jorge Mendes is also manager Miguelfcp', which only adds to the suspicion.

Here is Bresciano with a devilish move on the honorable Cafu...

...and Rosina faking two Barca players on the Cup final...

...finally, a video that describes PES5 perfectly.

Last edited:
I enjoyed playing too much. I was happy to returned to back. As a born and bred Istanbul citizen, this final played in Istanbul means a lot to me. Istanbul Atatürk Stadium was 20 km from the house where I lived. You could breathe the air of the finale in the whole city. British and Italian fans enjoyed Istanbul, which the most beautiful city in the world (in my opinion) and the historical final. Over the years, reliving this excitement through PES 6 has been one of the most enjoyable moments of my over 25 years of gaming history. I recommend you watch it.

Anyone playing PES2012 recently?

I skipped 2013 and 2014, so this was my main footy game for years, i come back to it from time to time, tho not too much since i have 2015, 2018 and 2021 Lite.
Gave it a shot recently and, well, every once in a while when i picked this game up i could still play on SuperStar and do well enough.
Now i lose every match and can't keep a clean sheet to save my life, i used to love this a lot, and still do, but mostly the attacking side only now.
I recall the defending being tough, as in every opposition player was Messi on the ball pretty much, it was hard to tackle, mostly they got past you, or were fouled, and trust me, you don't want to foul the opposition here, conceding a free kick near the box is worse than a penalty.
Also, crosses are a pain because for some reason your defenders stand still when a cross is made, then the striker does this bullet header and is usually a goal.
It's weird, it was always tough, but now i lose literally every match, conceding many goals sometimes, PES is such a weird franchise, sometimes if feels like the games just change from one day to the next.

It's a shame because there's so much to like in PES2012.
This game's pitchside camera, to me, is the best version this camera has ever had, and it's one of the franchise's best overall.
The look of the game as a whole is great, the turfs are better than 2018, 2020 and 2021, no joke, the player's anatomy is also wonderful, the sweat effects, the animations (Apart from running, looks like they have something up their...), the looks are also good outside the pitch, i mean, these menus are incredible, just like 2011's, Konami made these games look so much more sophisticated and polished in that time.
Having the ball in this is a bliss, i love the attacking side of this game, even the weird shooting since it's so unpredictable, just a shame that the defending, while i get the idea behind it, was poorly executed.
I like the emphasis on timing your tackle, on the jockey, they were trying to make defending a bigger part of the game, as it is pretty much 50% of what you're doing in a match usually, they just overdid it i think.

It's not all doom and gloom however.
I've decided to do exactly what i did to recent FOX Engine PES games, in which i also thought defending was a pain and unrealistic at times.
I turned down the difficulty to Professional, changed the controls to FUMA, and in this specific case, since this is much faster than newer games in the franchise, i put the speed at -1.
Honestly, this is so much better to play, doesn't even feel that different from the newer games tbh, it's a good simulation of football, just has worse animations and more limited movement, also the players lack weight, which is another big flaw, but hey, it has a lot more fouls, more than 2021 tbh, and also they are much more consistent, the opposition actually fouls me to put a stop to my play, without me having to draw in a foul like i have to most of the time now.

Tbh i think these setting changes i've made do work as a general tip for footy games, if you ever feel that the higher difficulties play poorly, cheap and unrealistic, turn it down and put on FUMA, or just less assistance without going all the way, to compensate, it never fails (Except for FIFA, FUMA for me feels really weird in those games, but maybe that's just me).

Does this mean i think PES2012 is amazing again? Yes and No, i mean, like i've said before, PES games can be completely different from session to session, so my feelings can always change, but right now i'm much happier with the game, Seabass' last game in charge was a good send off to the legend.
Definitely recommend it to anyone that still has their copy lying around :3

I got this baby to work, WE J-League 2000!!!

It's a shocking version where Urawa Reds are in J2 (relegated) so not sure who would I play League mode with - Verdy I guess?? - but man those games. How is commentary better than nowadays, after two decades. How are the chants so well recorded and balanced that it does feel like an actual football games.

Why can't they do it now??

And the best thing is damn this game is hard as nails - but no scriptings, no magical events, no exciting moments of suspense and erection, it's just a game man. I wish football games could still be games.

Am I a PES boomer at this point 🐑 I wonder.

@Saint Angelo: More impressive than the fact that it is still playable nowadays, two decades later, is how ahead of its time that ISS Pro Evo era was. You are literally experiencing artistic greatness when you play those games - regardless of whether one likes to play it or not in 2020. That artistic greatness will always be relevant - in 2000, in 2020, in 2040, and forever.

----

IMG_1396.JPG

After a few weeks as 4th, we end up finishing 5th in the SuperLeague, despite having clinched our participation on the next season's WEFA competitions early on.

IMG_1399.JPG

In the end, it was a tie: Pazzini and Riordan finish with the exact number of goals, scoring 32 of...our 39 goals scored in the league.

IMG_1398.JPG

I have made a very sensible, realistic contract offer to Esajas. I am only expecting him to eagerly sign it.

---
- BREAKING: Mystery Footballer: Parma will announce the bombshell signing of "a previous Ballon d'Or winner" in the next hours. "No, it's not Minanda", denied the club's spokesperson.
- Park Chu Young to Parma?
Manager Miguelfcp repeatedly (and furiously) tried to sign the Korean wonderkid back in January; he is reportedly worth 6000 PES.
- Del Piero for Gilberto Silva? The Brazilian's performances have been very timid since his arrival in exchange for Marchionni last year; Parma is reportedly negotiating the midfielder in exchange for ageing striker Del Piero.
- China takeover? Apparently Parma is negotiating that which could be the second Chinese footballer on their roster, following the arrival of centreback Joy Raisun. The club is betting heavily on the Chinese market; Joy Raisun's shirt sales have surpassed those of star players such as Heitinga, Bonera, Pazzini or Riordan.
- Bresciano, Lupatelli and Bettarini sign new deals. Three of the most important Parma players have renewed their expiring contracts, even though the likes of Bresciano and Lupatelli were being followed by top-tier clubs.

@Saint Angelo: More impressive than the fact that it is still playable nowadays, two decades later, is how ahead of its time that ISS Pro Evo era was. You are literally experiencing artistic greatness when you play those games - regardless of whether one likes to play it or not in 2020. That artistic greatness will always be relevant - in 2000, in 2020, in 2040, and forever.

The color palette of those games by itself is a work of art, let alone the rest of it.

@Saint Angelo A PES boomer is a great way to put it :D By the way I hate when people dismiss older people's criticism of the present time a priori, saying "old generations are always nostalgic". Sometimes the criticism is 100% valid and spot on, even though a degree of nostalgia is present in it. That said, I don't think ISS Pro Evo was ahead of its time - PSX and PS2 era was the golden age of football games and if Pro Evo were ahead of it, that would mean the game was crap. :)

There are so many great patches out there - problem is, I have a lot of option files and they are hard to keep track of in Documents. Is there a way I can change the path so I can keep the OF in the game folder for easier management?

There are so many great patches out there - problem is, I have a lot of option files and they are hard to keep track of in Documents. Is there a way I can change the path so I can keep the OF in the game folder for easier management?

It's a bit cumbersome but you could have a folder which contains each OF folder. Then create a symlink for each patch in Documents: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

Breaking News:
- Figo signs for Parma!
The 35-year-old was a free agent after leaving Inter and was offered a two-year 1200 PES contract; he is now Parma's new "7".
- Gilberto Silva traded for Milan's Gattuso! After arriving last season in exchange for Marchionni who joined Arsenal, SuperLeague champions Milan traded the Brazilian for Gattuso, who is now a Parma player.

also:
- Sevilla acquire Hokkabaike for 7000 PES. To everyone but specially @Madmac79's astonishment, Sevilla made an offer for Parma's Hokkabaike and, despite having arrived mid-season last year, he is off.
- Molina, Hadimon, Cesnauskis and N'Zogbia join Parma. Former Deportivo goalkeeper and three promising young footballers are the first free agents to sign for Parma after Figo. Manager Miguelfcp has promised not to sign any more PES5 wonderkids after Cesnauskis and N'Zogbia's acquisition.
- Chinese wonderkid Soi Nan to Parma for 6000 PES. Left-back/side-back combo Soi Nan is the second Chinese footballer to join the side after Joy Raisun. His acquisition is raising some eyebrows because of China's financial influence at Parma. Parma's chairman Giuseppe Cèpeuionni: "That is rubbish; this is a phenomenal player. He is the Nakamura of sidebacks".
- Parma acquires Cristiano Lucarelli for 5000 PES. Needing more attacking depth for the WEFA competitions, Parma spent a questionable sum on an ageing striker.

Rumours:
- Xi Jinping to cut diplomatic relations with South Korea following Park Chu Young's transfer negotiations collapse. China's benevolent and magnificent leader took action after Parma fails to grab the exciting Korean wonderkid. An incredible 8000 PES offer was made but it was refused.
- Maniche to Parma? After Hokkabaike's departure the team needs another CMF and is ready to spend big money on a great midfielder. Lucho Gonzalez, Tiago and some unpronounceable Brazilian guys with fake names are also on the club's shortlist.
- Savi to Wolfsburg? Once again surprising the whole world, a generous offer came in for Parma's Savi, but reportedly the club wants to keep the young midfielder.

@miguelfcp man, that's truly shocking. Wonderful you had two more offers, never saw anything similar in countless ML's.. you must have cracked Pes 5's market algorithm some way!

I also approve of the transfers. Nice mix of young and old blood. You probably are already aware that Figo was supposed to play for Parma in that double contract sign controversy between them and Juve in 95.. nice to see that fans at Tardini will be finally able to appreciate his talent :D.

As a final note, I'm a bit worried for that Park Chu Young fella.. I'd carefully pick restaurants or vacations if I was in him.. Xi benevolence might cause him to watch his shoulders from now on :JAY::P

@Madmac79: I had received a previous - and better - offer for Hokkabaike, but I must've been so astonished I forgot to accept it; so a couple of "days" later Sevilla offers a bit less and I sell him. Savi got three (!!!) offers from various clubs as well.

Yes, it is a shame this ageing version Figo is on his pre-retirement tour, it seems...he got injured on his debut and with his current low-70s for speed and stamina, I wonder how important he'll truly be this season, though he still has a phenomenal 96 Dribble Accuracy, world-class technique, crossing, mental stats...

@mattmid: Interestingly, Chinese players are developing like crazy in this save. I never noticed that before. This Soi Nan is one of the most improved footballers in this ML - imagine how much more he would have improved if he got the EXP and training I could give him...-, Joy Raisun the centreback has evolved massively too, and at least half their National Team's players, though they are technically free agents, improved their statsheets by 4, 5 levels already. If China is hacking into my PS2, I'd say keep on doing your wonderful work folks, it is a joy to mine these Chinese wonderkids for Parma.

---

I was happy with Hokkabaike's performances, but if I sold him, I would have enough PES Points to get a world-class midfielder to join Gattuso in the middle. I bet all my chips on a personal favourite, Maniche, though I had better options, and...I lose. Can't acquire him, so we never get Hokkabaike's substitute. Fortunately, I had already signed free agents Cesnauskis and N'Zogbia, two interesting young wonderkids who might be able to fill in his role - though they are vastly different footballers.

I traded an ageing Bettarini to Sampdoria for Diana, who is a bit younger, versatile and, of course, has nice mental stats, which is a must-have for me. Got also Piccolo for free as a substitute RB, hoping I would be able to trade in Camara for Chievo's D'Anna, but the deal collapsed so now I have three rightbacks...finally, Rosina was traded to Dortmund for Gambino, who shall be our Jack of All Trades this season: he's originally a striker but he will be useful as a SMF, perhaps also CMF and I already tested him as sideback too.

In the end, I got what I wanted: a deep roster able to tackle three competitions - remember PES5's drastic player stamina and fatigue system; I even have to rotate tired goalkeepers! - with versatile players and at least two competent options for each role. The only issue is the midfield; I'm using Bresciano as a CMF but I do need to invest on a decent option on the next transfer window. I have more than enough money to be able to get a world-class midfielder. Imagine a midfield duo comprised of Gattuso and Maniche...I'm salivating already.

GK: Lupatelli, Molina (Deportivo), Barbosa
CB: Bonera, Heitinga, Joy Raisun, Coda
RB: Coco, Camara, Piccolo (Lazio)
LB: Soi Nan (China), Abruzzese
CMF: Gattuso (Milan), Cesnauskis (Kiev), Savi, Dessena
SMF: Figo (Inter), Bresciano, Rebecchi, N'Zogbia (Tyneside), Hadimon (Shakhtar), Diana (Sampdoria)
CF: Riordan, Pazzini, Sorrentino, Bogodani, C. Lucarelli (from Mars), Gambino (Westfalen)

i always forget to reply!!!!!

the big big parma story

@miguelfcp

top 5 no small feat! have fun getting your stamina destroyed when new season starts and u have 12 games in first 6 starting weeks. This kinda season is what separates men from bois, pros from amateurs. welcome to europe!!!

kinda sad about Park (and the ensuing hostilities in the Korean Bay) but truth to be told, if u wanna achieve max Park u gotta bring him during very first transfer window. He's like 3k PES and you get to improve him asap, within 3 years you essentially get a Korean CR7. Shame his actual career didn't turn out that way huh.

Post-Invincibles Wenger really had a nose for talented players. Park, Miyaichi, Chamakh, Bendtner - class signings, big careers.

Figo must mean a lot for u Miguel, I remember my first ML in 2007 (PES 5, PS2) when I created my home team and after X years got to sign Bolmik (Boniek, 80s Juventus) it was a moment of big national pride for me. To have the national legend in my own team, alongside Iniesta, CR7, Torres, and Anthony vanden Borre.

Speaking of Torres seeing him as top scorer breaks my heart, I've bought him in that first ML and he was utterly useless. Something like 30 games 4 goals, ever since then I'm afraid to buy him again lest I get screwed over.

Man if u were playing in PC we would get you a kit with Chinese sponsor to use in kitserver, alas we can dream! Perhaps team should be renamed to Parma Evergrande?

ML player development is crazy, anyone can really explode in PS2 PES. No-names will hit low-80s without issues. Tons of average players can reach 90s. It has its charm because you can, theoretically, build a team out of anyone, it's not just Park Chu Young over and over and over again. The whole China thing is actually a great roleplay. Having a colony of players from X country of region because Y reason, that's what makes teams memorable!

Parma Evergrande Canton Corp. will always be in our hearts. We should arrange for some sort of Hall of Fame where those long-lived ML teams would go, so that we may never forget them. Your team is so ridiculous!!! Figo and Gattuso - two ancient legends - surrounded by some random Chinese noobs, Pazzini(!), Riordan(!!), Fernando Coco(!!!), ah yes add Lucarelli now - I was told Dino Zoff wants to resume his career wanna sign him too????

This team is brilliant. All hail Parma-Sichuan Steel and Plastic Conglomerate

EDIT: coz i forgot

"a previous Ballon d'Or winner" in the next hours. "No, it's not Minanda",

best he coulda won in his life is balloon whore, the blow-up type - during one of the pub nights with the lads

espimas sure would know where to buy one

It is hell, indeed. The PS2 ML + PES5 stamina/fatigue system combo is brutal; I've already had to rest my...goalkeeper...and I haven't even played a handful of matches.
I am a bit skeptical about offering more for Park Chu Young, for despite his amazing statsheet, that 60-something Technique stat gives me chills...Bogodani, my Iranian Ronaldo has phenomenal dribbling skills - already a 90 Dribble Accuracy player - but his first touch lets him down very often, though he has much more Technique than Park.
Undoubtedly: Figo was always one of my favourite players, but recently I rewatched a few early-00s matches, ranging from Portugal's Euro 2000 (wonderful) performance and the Greek tragedy that was 2004, and Figo completely blew me away. That effortless class, that videogame-like dribbling precision, needing no speed to overcome opponents...
About Torres, you are right, there is always some amazing footballer who, for some reason, always disappoints on our ML adventures. Schweinsteiger was the first on this particular ML of mine: tremendous stats, utterly useless out there. Even Esajas played better than him on his 15 minutes with Parma's shirt.

I've been thinking about that: I really wanted to create new Parma kits on each new season, but being a licensed team (and playing on the PS2) I can't do anything. Anyway, the Chinese story around the save is due to my experiences with China's National Team on International Cup saves: a few caught my eye (Joy Raisun was one of them, the first Chinese player I got for Parma later on); only I didn't know they improved so much during a ML. I'm checking his original statsheet online now and that leftback I got, Soi Nan, evolved 7 levels already - as a free agent, without any player-assigned training or EXP points won.

You know, I really like that idea of a ML Hall of Fame. It would encourage more people to share their stories and persevere during a save in order to make it into the list. This Parma one has potential alright - I personally am loving every second of it - with the Chinese story behind it and all that. Initially my sole objective was to allow midfielder Savi to enjoy a career he never did have in real life - heartbreaking story of his...- but this save is pulling me in, with the likes of Lupatelli, Bonera, Joy Raisun, Bresciano (what an engine he is), Riordan and Pazzini as its most memorable characters so far.

Oh and Minanda doesn't need any Ballon D'Ors. He doesn't need to be offered shiny things as a consolation; his legendary footballing skills tell the whole story. His only award ever conquered was the 3rd place in the assist list of the Division 2 2001/02 season, tied with WE United's Iujimano and that is enough for such a humble man.

@miguelfcp Dammit, you’ve done it again with your retro Christmas. I’d never played Fifa 16 (in fact, the last Fifa I played was probably 10), but you sucked me in and I bought it. I know we aren’t supposed to talk Fifa around these parts but that’s an excellent game!

Bogodani - Iranian Ronaldo
Park Chu Young - South Korean Ronaldo
Mitea - Romanian Ronaldo

we need a bigger Ronaldo list guys 🐑

I've been thinking about that: I really wanted to create new Parma kits on each new season, but being a licensed team (and playing on the PS2) I can't do anything.

Hmmmm.

1.) RIP the ISO of the game.
2.) Send it to us we insert kits via GGS (I reckon it's doable?)
3.) Either get a yarr harr edition of PS2 or get PS2 Emulator going
4.) ???
5.) Comrade Xi will be proud!!!

Well, yeah it won't happen :(

Anyway, the Chinese story around the save is due to my experiences with China's National Team on International Cup saves

That's the most beautiful part of it. That's what turns otherwise regular campaign into stuff of legends!!! We truly love it here 🐑

You know, I really like that idea of a ML Hall of Fame. It would encourage more people to share their stories and persevere during a save in order to make it into the list.

What does the Retro Council think 🐑 if we can reach a consensus this could be a thing!

Bresciano (what an engine he is)

[cheers in PES 5 Lazio] my man!!!! Bresciano - Behrami - Mascherano what a midfield that was uhhh! [/cheers in PES 5 Lazio]

His only award ever conquered was the 3rd place in the assist list of the Division 2 2001/02 season, tied with WE United's Iujimano and that is enough for such a humble man.

this is some r/i_peaked_in_division_2 shit right there.
yooo back in my day i could pass the bolas!! - minanda on retirement

I know we aren’t supposed to talk Fifa around these parts but that’s an excellent game!

To be honest FIFA 16 is a better PES game than PES 2021, or 2020, or 2015 for that matter.

I remember playing Ultimate Team with Turkish Super Lig team and it was really, really, really goddamn enjoyable. Arcadey - just like PS2 PES - but just satisfying as hell. Not sure why I stopped. Burak Yilmaz was mad in that game!

@Saint Angelo: with Esajas the 78-year-old Ronaldo of the Sidebacks as team captain.
It's on my - ever-expanding - retro bucket list to dive on that console-fueled fluffery and faffery (as the legendary @WhoAteMeDinner would say).
About the ML Hall of Fame idea, we could have a separate thread just for it - a virtual leaderboard of some sort -, but I fear it would get lost as many other retro-PES threads do among the many non-retro-PES threads out there. A retro-PES-dedicated section would be nice, wouldn't it, dear Evo-Web benevolent and magnificent leaders...?

Minanda never retired. He uploaded his footballing consciousness to PS2 PES games, managing to live forever not just as a legend in the memory of millions of fans out there, but in our material plane as well. He ascended.

Thanks to your tweet I saw your PES6 post on reddit. If there is a boring place that needs some life energy injected into it it is definitely the PES' subreddit. Oh, look at the 7895th myClub team, oh look I got Ronaldo on myclub, crappy memes and the "[insert modernPES iterarion] is so bad" post. Big yawn. Is this what the retro-PES scene has to compete against?

I intend to add @Flipper the Priest 's ISSPE team he added to the defaults file he sent me and I'd like to add PES 3 defaults manually as well but for now I am going to start a League which will consist of PES 4 to PES 14 defaults squads. I'm playing it out in PES 6 and as I haven't done a ML on PES4 probably since the time of the game I'm going to play as the PES 4 team. Once I add those other two teams in at a later date I will probably do some kind of Cup tournament with them in a Euro/WC group format. For now though let the ML Defaults League begin!

Rules:
Full Season
No Cup
Injuries on
Fatigue on
All cpu teams set to 3-5-2 in edit mode to keep with tradition.
20 min matches
Teamwork global edit of +15 (Seeing as all defaults are set so low and they won't increase)

PRE-SEASON

All the lads have been in for pre-season training , well all except for Zamenhof who couldn't make it as he was allegedly backpacking in New Zealand. At least that's what the note from his mum said. She added that he promised to be back in time for the Trophy presentation though and to collect his medal.

Pre-season went pretty well with Burchett looking electric for 10 minute spells before having to come off exhausted whilst all the lads agreed Espimas' hair was nothing short of magnificent. Castolo got his eye in by repeatedly hitting barn doors and Ivarov practised spilling balls back into the middle of the penalty area. Something he did with some aplomb. Huylens meanwhile reminded everybody that he was almost at his youngest here and to expect big things from him.

Before the evening meal everybody would line up to kiss Minanda's boots and pray to the god of creativity that he has a good season. During the evenings Macco taught everyone the welsh for offside.

The players split into groups later on as Stromer ran a card school into the early hours and you'd never seen such feverish play over games of snap. The rules were too much for Iouga though so he went to bed early.

Nachdecal meanwhile held a philosophical discussion on the merits of playing out from the back. Vorlander scoffed at such nonsense and when asked to back up his argument he pointed at Valery . This gave Nachdecal pause for thought and he saw the error of his ways.

A third group consisting of Kelsen, Harty and Edingson spent the evening lighting their farts.

First game of the season is home to PES 5.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about that: I really wanted to create new Parma kits on each new season, but being a licensed team (and playing on the PS2) I can't do anything.

Have you got a means of transferring an option file? I think you could create a kit and import it via an editor, overwriting the licenced kit. Could be mistaken though, my PES6 editing is rusty!

Yep @miguelfcp , @Flipper the Priest is right. If you have pesfan editor you can transfer a none licensed kit over the one you want to edit and then edit it in game.

Just open up your option file in pesfan editor and then open up your option file again as ‘option file 2’

Then double click Parma on the main team list and then you will be able to import one of the unlicensed kits from your option file (option file 2)

Obviously you will then have to rename the team to Parma, then change the emblem back to default by right clicking the emblem. Also don’t forget to reassign the stadium again. All this is done in pesfan editor.

You will now be able to edit the kit using the in game editor. You may have to change formation to what it was before.

Hope that helps :)

Yep @miguelfcp , @Flipper the Priest is right. If you have pesfan editor you can transfer a none licensed kit over the one you want to edit and then edit it in game.

Just open up your option file in pesfan editor and then open up your option file again as ‘option file 2’

Then double click Parma on the main team list and then you will be able to import one of the unlicensed kits from your option file (option file 2)

Obviously you will then have to rename the team to Parma, then change the emblem back to default by right clicking the emblem. Also don’t forget to reassign the stadium again. All this is done in pesfan editor.

You will now be able to edit the kit using the in game editor. You may have to change formation to what it was before.

Hope that helps :)

zvoffs_cWP06uFqmu9AElhlMUtc=.gif

Back
Top Bottom