The Retro-PES Corner

Oh, I’ve just noticed what you’ve done now, Chris. I didn’t read/look at it properly as I was eating dinner. That’s some work to buy it twice in a short period. I thought you meant you bought it once all them years ago and just bought it again now. Well, if one of them is up for grabs, I might know someone :COOL:.
Ha, well at this moment I'm wondering whether to put it back on eBay for 99p so just give me a shout! (I really didn't like Actua Soccer when I was a kid but now I understand why - it's not easy! But it has aftertouch - how many other 3D football games have aftertouch? Swoon!)

Ha, well at this moment I'm wondering whether to put it back on eBay for 99p so just give me a shout! (I really didn't like Actua Soccer when I was a kid but now I understand why - it's not easy! But it has aftertouch - how many other 3D football games have aftertouch? Swoon!)
Can’t remember the year but I remember being seriously impressed seeing the original on PC for the first time. I thought the crowd and commentary were amazing. I expect I’ll want the Actua trilogy at some point, so I would be interested.

Phew, I am a bit confused right now.

I just had some PES 5 matches, after playing some games of PES 6 the last weeks.

In some way it felt like being a bit more "direct" and players are more exactly doing, what I was telling them - anyhow it was very fast and so my games were full of doing errors just because its speed.

Perhaps I should use tomorrows evening to have a better look at this games... I don't have that much time to spend on playing some footie games right now, so I want to play the game that makes more fun to me ;-)

Picture the scene: it's Scotland vs. Portugal for the WC round of 16. Scotland was shockingly winning 1-0 at half-time, then Pauleta tied it. About 60 minutes in, after a whole game with little to no clear cut scoring chances, Rui Costa (also known as "The Poorman's Minanda") goes on a solo journey, dribbles out half of the Scottish side, and...

...it's a ballsy 1-2: Portugal wins.
(...Only to be eliminated by France on the next round.)

After this elimination I took the PES2 disk out of the PS2 for the first time in countless months for a quick PES3 match. Argentina vs. Portugal: the CPU greets me with this wonderful move:

2013 is great. It's fun, PES-style. I wouldn't say it's the most realistic, and it's a little fast (and a little end-to-end with the ball glued to your feet too often for my liking). But, individuality really shines in terms of how attributes are applied to passes and shots - and tactically you can see the changes they make. Tactics do have genuine importance, and planning out your strategy helps. The ML is fun too, although the AI can be a little cheaty.

For me, 2014 (v1.13 and v1.16) takes all of that, slows it down, applies real physics to it (which introduces some funny bugs, but not often) and removes most of the scripting, whilst keeping tactics important (if I don't man-mark real dangers, I tend to lose badly).

*** Major caveat - on PS3, you can't connect to the servers to download the DPs any more (including the "Road to World Cup" mode I mention). I'm not even sure if you can download the latest gameplay patches, but I'm assuming they're hosted on Sony's end rather than Konami's. Could be wrong. ***

The best bits are simply the things I'm not used to having in football games any more. Which is fucked up, when you see how basic this list is:

I love getting such a variety in results. I love that I can (and need to) rotate my squad for a match against some bottom-of-the-league team, and still win. Normally with PES, you get punished incredibly harshly for that. I love that with the physics it has, sometimes I have to stretch to win a ball, and with the wrong player (and if the attacking player turns at the last second), you could end up getting a red card. I never get red cards any more, unless it's on purpose.

I love that, as Fulham, I get humped by Man United, and I hump Norwich, but when I play Stoke, they hit me with long balls, score, and then keep the ball out of danger. In modern games, it would be reversed - and it would all be accomplished with the same patterns (long ball from defender to striker, chests it, 180-turn-shot, goal). In the modern games, players have more individuality when you control them, than when the AI controls them.

On top of all that... I love love love the Road to World Cup mode, or as they've called it for legal reasons, the World Challenge. That really takes me back, but also, it's great to play as (and against) a variety of different teams (with a variety of different qualification styles for each continent).

What I don't love...

It's buggy. You'll see the odd, crazy own goal, and the odd player running out of touch for no reason. Response times are genuinely (IMO) the same as 2020's - but not always. The catch-up bug is mad (but can be modded on PC). Individuality could be much better (again, can be modded on PC).

The ML is so barebones it's sad. There's one bit I really like, actually - there are no scouts or anything like that, but there's one giant list of "players it would be realistic for you to sign". If you limit yourself to that list alone, your transfers are pretty realistic. But the values are absolutely tiny (even though you don't get tons of money, so it's not a broken financial system).

There are barely any stadiums. Atmosphere is better than 2020 in some cases (the national teams seem to have their own, real chants), but largely it's pretty poor. The real, recreated faces are honestly dreadful, but the "generic" faces are 100x worse. Like a playschool kid made a clay model of their teacher, then sat on it by accident, then tried to remake it, then took it home, the dog ran off with it in its mouth, the kid wrestled it off the dog, rebuilt it again, and the dad went "I'm going to import that into my 3D modelling software and spruce it up maybe 10%". Then he ran out of time.

saviola.jpg

And if I'm going off on a tangent here... Their representation of black players, is "a white man painted black".

alvarez.jpg

I've just bought 2008-2014 for a grand total of £12. So even if I can't update them and think they're all shit I won't lose much!

Those faces are criminal. Makes 2020's generic faces look acceptable, and that says a lot.

Wanna talk about early midlife crisis?

I started doing a similar thing, buying up old consoles and all the old football games I used to play, but I only started a couple of weeks ago (lockdown boredom maybe).

This morning, my latest purchases arrived:

PLV0gea.jpg

How in God's name did I buy the same game twice, and not notice what I was doing?

35 going on 85... :BLINK:
Haha :D -don't worry Chris, keep the spare one in a tightly sealed box. Then, when you are 85, you may be able to sell it for a fortune- if you can remember where you put it...

Played some of my PES2 ML at lunchtime.

Galatasaray break into the final third. Frank de Boer crashes into a 50-50, the ball breaks free, clatters into a second 50-50, the ball breaks free, careers into a third 50-50 and wins the ball at the half way line. Picks up the pace, past one, past two, curls it into the bottom corner from 18 yards. Pure aggro as I was flying into the tackles; nerves as I went past the two defenders and steadied for the shot; elation when it hit the back of the net.

Combined age of me and PES2: 52.

Such a shame that the replays don't last longer as it trimmed the three beefy tackles which I think, especially as a British football fan, are as good as if not better than goals. Especially if they hurt the opponent, which I like to think they did.

I share this for no other reason than to stress what we already know: retro PES is fucking awesome.

@Flipper the Priest I know what you mean. I am replaying most World Cup 98 games using one of those special edition patches, and last night I played one of the most bonkers matches ever.

In real life, Netherlands-Belgium finished 0-0. In my version, it finished 4-4 and featured me (the Oranje) coming back from 2-0, 3-2 and 4-3 deficits to scrape a draw. There were SIX goals scored in the first 12 minutes of the second half (I was playing on 25 or 30-minute halves) but neither team could find a winner.

Woke up this morning still thinking about that. Most of my matches are 2-1, 1-0...but this one was mental.

I do love the variety. I keep thinking I've cracked it, and then I'll be shut out in a turgid 0-0. And then get back on track with a 2-0 win. And then Hans-Jörg Butt will do his brick wall impression and Leverkusen dump you out the cup against the run of play. All the while never feeling cheated.

I should take it on face value and enjoy them for what they are, but I can't help but get pissed off that now Konami can't crack some of the most basic elements of realism and fun that PES2 nails.

Played some of my PES2 ML at lunchtime.

Galatasaray break into the final third. Frank de Boer crashes into a 50-50, the ball breaks free, clatters into a second 50-50, the ball breaks free, careers into a third 50-50 and wins the ball at the half way line. Picks up the pace, past one, past two, curls it into the bottom corner from 18 yards. Pure aggro as I was flying into the tackles; nerves as I went past the two defenders and steadied for the shot; elation when it hit the back of the net.

Combined age of me and PES2: 52.

Such a shame that the replays don't last longer as it trimmed the three beefy tackles which I think, especially as a British football fan, are as good as if not better than goals. Especially if they hurt the opponent, which I like to think they did.

I share this for no other reason than to stress what we already know: retro PES is fucking awesome.

Sounds awesome! I agree about the replays. When you have one of those fantastic long runs or passing moves, you lose a lot in the replay.

@breezy It would be a great early second half to watch!

By the way, has anyone else seen new default ML players in earlier versions of the game? I used to own PES 2008 and so am aware there was a new player that season called El Moubarki, a full back. He has appeared as a 17 year old in my PES 5 ML game! I'm keeping my eyes peeled for more.

Sounds awesome! I agree about the replays. When you have one of those fantastic long runs or passing moves, you lose a lot in the replay.

@breezy It would be a great early second half to watch!

By the way, has anyone else seen new default ML players in earlier versions of the game? I used to own PES 2008 and so am aware there was a new player that season called El Moubarki, a full back. He has appeared as a 17 year old in my PES 5 ML game! I'm keeping my eyes peeled for more.

El Moubarki was in PES5 as a “newcomer” in ML. I was never sure if this player was meant to be the same one that turned up in the default squad in a later release. Might just have been a coincidence. There were a couple more like this. Gutierrez is another example I can think of. He came into the default squad in 2008.

Shimizu, who showed up as a Youth Player in 2011 (I think) was first introduced in PES 5 as a NewComer. He was my fave Newcomer in PES5. He was my main man way back then. Glad he got another life in 2011.

I tried a World Cup on WE6 FE, with Colombia.. was so harsh. Draw against Brazil, won against Morocco.. faced South Africa as first in the group and lost against, them despite having a lot of chances, thanks to a Nomvethe goal. Something funny that happened in the first half:

South Africa's keeper misjudged the trajectory of the ball, probably "assuming" he could have block it while instead he remained half and half.. when I was already savouring to try what I call a Vieri (this is what I'm referring to) he killer tackled my poor Tino Asprilla, injuring him and probably massively contributing to the final result.

By the way- great game. A lot of depth and a lot of immediacy wonderfully mixed togheter. Loved how in this last match Nomvethe was practically the only dangerous player of SA and it shown since I had to pay particular attention to his dribblings and one v ones.

Last edited:
El Moubarki was in PES5 as a “newcomer” in ML. I was never sure if this player was meant to be the same one that turned up in the default squad in a later release. Might just have been a coincidence. There were a couple more like this. Gutierrez is another example I can think of. He came into the default squad in 2008.

Shimizu, who showed up as a Youth Player in 2011 (I think) was first introduced in PES 5 as a NewComer. He was my fave Newcomer in PES5. He was my main man way back then. Glad he got another life in 2011.

Loved Shimizu as well! Practically always my first buy in Pes 11. NOw it occurs me I've never bought him in Pes 5, sooner or later I'll have to do a ML with the newcomers.

He was in 2012 as well but iirc he was severly nerfed at least from the get go.

@Early PES footy fan and @Shales El Moubarki is our vice captain in my ML in PES2008 and Guti is a type of Kane player for us.

So it is season 4, or 2022-23, in my ML. Can we get promoted this season?

Our first two games are at home to Aston Villa and then away to newly relegated Burnley. They are both fantastic games, real battles with some excellent play by the CPU at times. There is one moment against Burnley when Soumare tries a back heeled shot which I have never seen before in retro PES. I keep saying it but this game is fantastic. The AI in this is the best of all PES' IMHO :D

1. Canvey Eagles v Aston Villa

Canvey Eagles 1 v Aston Villa 1, a really tough game against Villa as it always seems to be. El Ghazi scored an excellent goal for them, the control and the finish was superb. Ivarov, who is now back in the first team had a man of the match performance with some great saves and if the ball beat him then it was cleared by some great defending. Castolo came up with the goods again though to save us a point with a lovely cut in and finish from the right. There was a debut for Selnaes who replaced Stein (sorry @miguelfcp ) at the 60min mark. I seriously think I can hear some booing when the sub is being made but I have to keep this progression in squad building in order to go for promotion. Stein will still play when he is not flying protest banners above the stadium.

2. Burnley v Canvey Eagles

Burnley 0 v Canvey Eagles 1, what a fantastic finale to this great game. After Burnley dominated the first half and us being kept in it by another man of the match display by Ivarov and also a post and a leg which stopped a cheeky back heel shot from Soumare, I took off Guti and put Castolo in the middle but he was getting frustrated at the lack of service and got booked. But then as the game was petering out Ximelez lofted a ball into the centre for Castolo to finish superbly against Hart deep into stoppage time. It was a real fist pumping moment. This only happens in retroPES because the shooting is so stats based and I knew that only Castolo could finish like that. Fantastic! Is this the season that we go up?

Loved Shimizu as well! Practically always my first buy in Pes 11. NOw it occurs me I've never bought him in Pes 5, sooner or later I'll have to do a ML with the newcomers.

He was in 2012 as well but iirc he was severly nerfed at least from the get go.

remember though that the Newcomer list is randomised each season. And the list only contains a about a 6th of the full Newcomer database. I think there were around 80 players on total. I mentioned a few posts previous to this that I was going through an early midlife crisis. Well, one night I kept reloading the ML save at the point that the new list gets generated just to see all the different players. It wouldn’t be so bad but you have to play 1 fixture each time, haha. There are some players that were monsters. Cheats basically. I got a recent clip where I signed the monster “Schwartz” and he starts with 90 shot power. He’s a tank! I’ll see if I can add the clip to this post later.

Last edited:
@MadbaLL oh no not at all. After searching for so so long for my footy fix since PES5 i finally gave PES2008 PS2 version a second chance a few years ago. When i experienced playing this game and realised that it surpasses all other footy games in different areas, stats having an effect, individuality, fouls, cards, bookings, none of those 10 (ok maybe less) click cut scenes, quite realistic transfers, the unpredictable AI which adapts and changes depending on the way you play. Sorry the list could go on.

Playing ML it’s about building a team, getting to know your players. The biggest bonus is that i am using an option file that i have spent about two years on and update every day. It’s so satisfying using something that you have spent so much time on.

But most importantly after having spent years trying to make other PES’ play better, using different slider settings in FIFA. Spending so much time going from game to game not being able to finish one season because getting bored and frustrated. At last i can get fully immersed in a football game career.

Contentment is why i don’t get bored with this game.

Maybe the long way round but hopefully that answers your question ;)

I also want to add that i discipline myself to only playIng two games every other day so there is no overkill and it takes a while to get through each season. :)

@geeeeee: You know sh+t is going down when retro-PES fans stop focusing on displaying their "Go For the Goal" and "Attack!!!" banners only to boo your substitution. You must've really made them mad - of course you did, you replaced Stein. Today's headlines: "Manager Geeeeee's Job On the Line", next to "The Anchorman Is the Most Important Role in Modern Football" and "Why Stein Should Win The Ballon D'Or". He has powerful friends, man. On my own PES08 PS2 save he's currently 40 or 41 years old, still playing like the madman he is, building upon his impressive collection of many hundreds of yellow and red cards received over the last 15 years, and I don't think in about 500 matches I've ever subbed him off. I once made a mistake and he wasn't wearing the captain's armband for some reason. The game crashes, smoke comes out of the PS2.

@Flipper the Priest: Great post. There's something about that game, I can't put my finger on what it is though. It's the gameplay as a whole, methinks, even if I'm a fan of, for example, the ball physics. It has that "magic" that we find on a few stellar retro-PES games, one that apparently must be missing on modern games. What's interesting is that I only found that "magic" a few months in on my PES2 experience, it wasn't immediately obvious. If @Flipper the Priest weren't here I would think I were crazy to like this game so much, considering it's not at all popular on the retro-PES scene.

Started another World Cup on WE 6 FE.

This time I picked Paraguay, one of my favourite teams in the Psx times.. glad to find again a lot of my idols, from legendary Chilavert to the rugged duo Ayala/Gamarra in defense, the tireless Arce and the classy Roque Santa Cruz, but after all the jump from Psx to Ps2 felt (at least to me) like an eternity back in the days, while in reality between Iss Pro Evolution 2 and the WE 6/Pes 2/FE trilogy only 2 years passed.. crazy if you think how much the game improved.

Anyway, lost the first game against a dominating Argentina, which beaten me 1-0 with a Crespo diagonal, although it could have been worse.. then won the second game against Japan with an El Toro Acuña header and a great classic which will never cease to move me: Chilavert free kick.

One weird thing is that despite keeping the goal clear and scoring the free kick.. the game decides this is the rating he does deserve:

pcsx2 2020-06-23 00-39-52-49.jpg

Ehrr like.. whatever. Maybe it's one of those contorted Konami logic in which abandon the goalpost is a punishment deserving dishonour even if you score. Hope the journalist who write this will never come face to face with him as he hadn't had the most easy temperament, tho.
Anyway, low ratings or not, as in the good old days, one simple rule still remains: all free kicks under 40 meters are for the left of the great Josè Luis, doesn't matter the risk.

To conclude, I draw against Jamaica in the third game and that was the passport to the finals I'll probably play tomorrow., first match against Cameroon. This game is pure old school fun, just wish there were qualifiers :DD..

Hey everyone - I'm running a World Cup mode in PES6 with a bunch of teams selected as playable. In a match in which two play head-to-head, I cannot control which team I'd like to and am stuck with the other one. Can I override this and choose the other team?

Edit: Figured it out by making my controller Player 2 in Settings.exe

Last edited:
Anyway, low ratings or not, as in the good old days, one simple rule still remains: all free kicks under 40 meters are for the left of the great Josè Luis, doesn't matter the risk.

free kicks > 40m were the thing for Edgar Davids ... no aim just power :-)

I always played the Netherlands in ISS PE2 and it was a pleasure to have so many good free kick takers and long ranger shooters.

Something I miss too often since the kids try to tiki-taka the ball inside the net :grumpy_old_guy: ;)

I tried a World Cup on WE6 FE, with Colombia.. was so harsh. Draw against Brazil, won against Morocco.. faced South Africa as first in the group and lost against, them despite having a lot of chances, thanks to a Nomvethe goal. Something funny that happened in the first half:

South Africa's keeper misjudged the trajectory of the ball, probably "assuming" he could have block it while instead he remained half and half.. when I was already savouring to try what I call a Vieri (this is what I'm referring to) he killer tackled my poor Tino Asprilla, injuring him and probably massively contributing to the final result.

By the way- great game. A lot of depth and a lot of immediacy wonderfully mixed togheter. Loved how in this last match Nomvethe was practically the only dangerous player of SA and it shown since I had to pay particular attention to his dribblings and one v ones.

:SHOCK: Did the keeper not even get sent off?!? A travesty of justice! Funny foul though :P. I'm glad you linked that stunning Vieri goal, I had never seen it before. I knew he was a success with Atletico before coming back to Italy, but I haven't really seen many of his Spanish goals.

I had an amusing goalkeeper foul myself a few days ago; my own keeper got himself sent off. He was coming for a long ball (no input from me), but he seemed to misjudge it and as it bounced to his side he dived to punch it away. The trouble was, a striker was chasing it and my keeper took him out! Straight red card and a penalty, which my stunned centre-back failed to save! As others have noted, some of the PES games have the capacity to show you things you'd never seen before, even after years of playing them. First time my keeper has been sent off- in fact, I think keepers conceding penalties is quite rare in early PES games, unlike real life. I often feint to go around the keeper only to have my ankles clipped by his arms, slowing me down enough for defenders to stop me scoring.

I'm on a rich vein of form at the moment in my PES 5 ML; having finished 3rd last season with 44 goals scored, this year I scored 36 by the Christmas break and after another game I am now up to 41! Last year saw too many defeats and frustrating draws, struggling to score and conceding far more than usual. It was only the very variable form of the rest of the division that meant I was close to winning the title before the last few games. It hasn't been a complete success, as I was dumped out of the D1 cup in the first round by one of the worst sides in the league (FC Kopenhagen) and so cannot reclaim the trophy, but I'm currently 15-1-0 in the league! First game of the season I thrashed AC Czech (Sparta Prague?) 5-1, and in the return away fixture I ended up winning by an almost identical scoreline; 5-2 (though it was a tougher, closer game). The icing on the cherry was that four of the five in the latter meeting were scored by 39 year old Minanda- he is having the season of his career, scoring free kicks and penalties and some rather nice open play goals as well. He is the leading scorer in the league after 16 games with 12 goals, beating his previous best season tally by 3 and I still have another 14 games to go! On this playthrough I don't think I scored a free kick with any player for the first two or three seasons, but I've really got it nailed now for Minanda, and at least 3 of this year's strikes have been free kicks for our favourite fantasista.

I mentioned scoring 5 in both games against AC Czech, and another nice piece of symmetry came in the last match before the Christmas break. In that first AC Czech game, the opening goal was scored by Castolo, who I gave a rare starting place to. The 35 year old then came on in my fifteenth game of the season and scored his second league goal, saving me from an embarrassing draw against 14th placed Djurgardens, and so scored both the first and last of my goals in the first half of the campaign.

:SHOCK: Did the keeper not even get sent off?!? A travesty of justice! Funny foul though :P. I'm glad you linked that stunning Vieri goal, I had never seen it before. I knew he was a success with Atletico before coming back to Italy, but I haven't really seen many of his Spanish goals.

I had an amusing goalkeeper foul myself a few days ago; my own keeper got himself sent off. He was coming for a long ball (no input from me), but he seemed to misjudge it and as it bounced to his side he dived to punch it away. The trouble was, a striker was chasing it and my keeper took him out! Straight red card and a penalty, which my stunned centre-back failed to save! As others have noted, some of the PES games have the capacity to show you things you'd never seen before, even after years of playing them. First time my keeper has been sent off- in fact, I think keepers conceding penalties is quite rare in early PES games, unlike real life. I often feint to go around the keeper only to have my ankles clipped by his arms, slowing me down enough for defenders to stop me scoring.

I'm on a rich vein of form at the moment in my PES 5 ML; having finished 3rd last season with 44 goals scored, this year I scored 36 by the Christmas break and after another game I am now up to 41! Last year saw too many defeats and frustrating draws, struggling to score and conceding far more than usual. It was only the very variable form of the rest of the division that meant I was close to winning the title before the last few games. It hasn't been a complete success, as I was dumped out of the D1 cup in the first round by one of the worst sides in the league (FC Kopenhagen) and so cannot reclaim the trophy, but I'm currently 15-1-0 in the league! First game of the season I thrashed AC Czech (Sparta Prague?) 5-1, and in the return away fixture I ended up winning by an almost identical scoreline; 5-2 (though it was a tougher, closer game). The icing on the cherry was that four of the five in the latter meeting were scored by 39 year old Minanda- he is having the season of his career, scoring free kicks and penalties and some rather nice open play goals as well. He is the leading scorer in the league after 16 games with 12 goals, beating his previous best season tally by 3 and I still have another 14 games to go! On this playthrough I don't think I scored a free kick with any player for the first two or three seasons, but I've really got it nailed now for Minanda, and at least 3 of this year's strikes have been free kicks for our favourite fantasista.

I mentioned scoring 5 in both games against AC Czech, and another nice piece of symmetry came in the last match before the Christmas break. In that first AC Czech game, the opening goal was scored by Castolo, who I gave a rare starting place to. The 35 year old then came on in my fifteenth game of the season and scored his second league goal, saving me from an embarrassing draw against 14th placed Djurgardens, and so scored both the first and last of my goals in the first half of the campaign.

Yep, he incredibly only had a yellow for that tackle :)) .

Anyway, wish I you recorded the red card of your GK! In many years of Pes 5 I've never seen anything of the kind either. Yeah it's fantastic that after years and years and years "new" stuff still seems to happen :) . And yes, GK caused penalties are pretty rare even in my experience- in the Psx era I remember to have quite a decent number of them tho, especially in Iss Pro Evo 2.

Congrats on your ML campaign.. ! Impressive considering you are using mostly defaults, iirc.

Anyone ever tried editing the soundtrack for PES6? I was wondering how I'd go about doing that. (And I looked in the Editing forum but didn't really get anywhere)

Anyone ever tried editing the soundtrack for PES6? I was wondering how I'd go about doing that. (And I looked in the Editing forum but didn't really get anywhere)

This is where the files are

music 0_sound

00 STADIUM MUSIC 1 mid and late game
01 STADIUM MUSIC 2 mid and late game
02 STADIUM MUSIC 3 mid and late game
03 STADIUM MUSIC 4 mid and late game
04 STADIUM MUSIC 5 mid and late game
05 STADIUM MUSIC 6 mid and late game
06 STADIUM MUSIC 7 mid and late game
07 STADIUM MUSIC 8 mid and late game
44 CREDITS menu option / credits
45 ENTRANCE 1 between teams
46 ENTRANCE 2 between teams
47 HIGHLIGHTS 1 half time and end game
48 HIGHLIGHTS 2 half time and end game
49 HIGHLIGHTS 3 half time and end game
50 HIGHLIGHTS 4 half time and end game
51 OVATION 1 Ceremony
52 OVATION 2 Ceremony
53 OVATION 3 Ceremony
54 MAIN MENU main menu just after the opmov
55 MAIN MENU main menu just after the opmov
56 MAIN MENU main menu just after the opmov
57 MAIN MENU main menu just after the opmov
58 MAIN MENU 1 main menu just after the opmov
59 MAIN MENU 2 main menu just after the opmov
60 MAIN MENU 2 REMIXED main menu just after the opmov
61 MAIN MENU 1 REMIXED main menu just after the opmov
62 MASTER LEAGUE League Menu Masters
63 LEAGUE / CUP menu league and cup
64 EDIT
65 MUSEUM
66 TRAINING carpentry training
68 TRAINING training before games

The numbers are at the end of the required filename (more of that in a bit).

I don't know if you're familiar with any of the editing but you can put replacement sound files into the Kitserver/Dat/0_sound folder (if there isn't one in there then just make a new folder and call it 0_sound and that's a zero not a letter O just to clarify)

The files have to be in .adx format which you can do with PES sound file converter (you should find a link on here somewhere for that) That can convert a wav or mp3 file into the required adx format.

Once you've done that drop the file into the kitserver/dat/0_sound folder with the correct number for what one you want to replace. Best to just do one first and then start the game and make sure it's working. The edit one's ideal because that's just one tune, the main menu has a few different ones it plays at random.

They have to be named as follows: they can be named anything but MUST end with an underscore and then then the number. So for example if you chose to replace the song played during editing. It would be called songname_64.adx Of course you don't have to put the songs name that's up to you, you can call it Eric if you want :LOL:

Lost my WE6FE World Cup game against Cameroon.

A bit unlucky, but it was a nice battle. Tight marking Mboma/Eto'o, who stayed dangerous the whole time anyway, I managed to score the 1-0 with a Santa Cruz counter attack after I remained in 10 for an Acuna's risky tackle. Not happy with that, I took a second yellow with Caceres to stop Eto'o all alone against the keeper and remained in 9.. tried to park the bus:
pcsx2 2020-06-25 19-47-29-96.jpg

and employ the :square: tactic so dear to Miguel :P, but Olembe put in a beautiful free kick and it was 1-1 until the 90th.
We went to the extra times and I ended up losing by penalties. Felt a bit like France 98 when Paraguay got eliminated by Blanc's golden goal.

Anyway, I truly might have underestimated this WE6 "season" of games, I've always considered it one of the weakest but it's actually really quality.

Back
Top Bottom