The Retro-PES Corner

@wildwind I enjoyed reading your season write up. Hopefully Hamsun will come good for you, he didn't even score for me until exploding in Season 3 and in fact I mainly used him in his AM role which wasn't really working for him (I know why now!).

It's very hard, especially early on to find a way to either score or not concede, you can get one or the other but getting both is a problem.

Domzale Stats Update after 3 seasons

All time Top Scorers

Ordaz 11
Hamsun 8
Burchet 8
Huylens 6
Ruskin 4
Minanda 4
Macco 3
Dodo 3
Ximelez 2
Castolo 2

All Time Top Assists

Burchet 7
Ordaz 4
Minanda 3
Hamsun 3
Fouque 2
Espimas 2

League Awards

Hamsun: Golden Boot 2008

Looking through thoese I really can't underestimate the impact Burchet has quietly had. He has been assist leader or joint leader each season so far for me and weighed in with 8 goals as well.

League Record

Won 13
Drawn 15
Lost 14
For 52
Against 56
Points per Game 1.29
Yellows 54
Reds 12
Finishing Pos. 8th, 5th, 4th
Points 11, 21, 22

The interesting thing is my goals have increased each season but my defence, although decreasing each season is only marginally doing so. 20 to 19 to 17, where as attack is 9 to 20 to 23. Part of that is my formation but also I think part is the fact that there are no real developing centre backs so there's no real improvement in the players playing there (Libermann, Stremer, Valeny, Ceciu)

@mattmid: I'm just praying that I'll be able to carry the momentum for the next few matches and clinch promotion as soon as possible, but we all know how things can quickly change from the winter break onwards...
Right on the season Minanda loses the starting-11 spot he retires...coincidence? Would be great if he could lift another trophy before ending his career, or celebrate promotion to the D1.

@wildwind: Definitely, our offense is destroying every defense in its sight now, it's a joy to watch. The problem is, we have an history of inconsistency in this save so I don't know whether we'll be able to keep performing at this level. That's why the bookmakers are giving 2.50 odds for a ML United promotion, and 2.20 for both Rangers and Rosenborg.
You know, I'd really like to get Minanda to play in the D1, but now it'll be impossible. A cup win + promotion would be fantastic however, not a bad farewell for the portuguese!

Regarding your question, it's a good one indeed. I'm still so shocked with this news that I really hadn't thought about who I'm getting as his replacement. It'll depend a lot on who's available in the newcomers group too, but certainly I'm not looking for any striker; rather would prefer a CMF, a CB or a GK (do need to think about replacing Ivarov). If we clinch promotion I'll definitely be more inclined to get either a CB or GK to strengthen our defense - we'll need it.

--- As for your update, the first season with the defaults is always pretty hard. I see you managed to remain somewhat competitive (had as many losses as the 3rd placed Middlesbrough) but your offense is clearly struggling. What do you think you can do to overcome this problem? Also, have you been playing Ordaz a lot? He can be great for you in the future.

@WhoAteMeDinner: interesting player that Arellano, is he real or a newgen?

@mattmid: I'm just praying that I'll be able to carry the momentum for the next few matches and clinch promotion as soon as possible, but we all know how things can quickly change from the winter break onwards...
Right on the season Minanda loses the starting-11 spot he retires...coincidence? Would be great if he could lift another trophy before ending his career, or celebrate promotion to the D1.

@wildwind: Definitely, our offense is destroying every defense in its sight now, it's a joy to watch. The problem is, we have an history of inconsistency in this save so I don't know whether we'll be able to keep performing at this level. That's why the bookmakers are giving 2.50 odds for a ML United promotion, and 2.20 for both Rangers and Rosenborg.
You know, I'd really like to get Minanda to play in the D1, but now it'll be impossible. A cup win + promotion would be fantastic however, not a bad farewell for the portuguese!

Regarding your question, it's a good one indeed. I'm still so shocked with this news that I really hadn't thought about who I'm getting as his replacement. It'll depend a lot on who's available in the newcomers group too, but certainly I'm not looking for any striker; rather would prefer a CMF, a CB or a GK (do need to think about replacing Ivarov). If we clinch promotion I'll definitely be more inclined to get either a CB or GK to strengthen our defense - we'll need it.

--- As for your update, the first season with the defaults is always pretty hard. I see you managed to remain somewhat competitive (had as many losses as the 3rd placed Middlesbrough) but your offense is clearly struggling. What do you think you can do to overcome this problem? Also, have you been playing Ordaz a lot? He can be great for you in the future.

@WhoAteMeDinner: interesting player that Arellano, is he real or a newgen?

@mattmid , yep he is one hell of an OMF / playmaker, but sorry no idea how you could port him into PES 2008 or later PC games as my games are all on an old PS 2. @miguelfcp , definitely based on a real world player called Omar Arellano, (as ususal with PES they tinkered with his age a bit and other stuff to avoid any player license royalties :SHOCK:). His stats are a bit higher below, as I said, than in PES 3, he has just four yellow 80 + numbers, but all his technical stats are good enough to make a midfield maestro. :TU:

https://pesstatsdatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7002

If Macco got an international call-up before a big club game, he would punch some FIFA chap to get a
a ban and play for his club. My hero who won last season's Div 2 Cup with a thumper of a goal. :BEER:

Guess on lower levels if you win every game you will get a better chance of seeing them.

Hi guys, i am really enjoying the thread. I just wanted to ask a few questions...

When playing the ‘ML Defaults’ game when are you allowed to buy a player?

Is it just when they retire?

Is it only regens and newcomers that can be bought?

When renewing their contracts are you expected to renew for the longest time or just a year extension?

I am seriously thinking of starting a new ML with the rules you guys are using but i am in the middle of editing my PES2008 option file so i may use my old PES5 one until it is completed and then start a new one on 2008. Hmm...

@geeeeee Yes only when they retire can you buy a newcomer/regen to replace them. Also we decided that you could allow a season before you bought one ( in case there wasn't anybody suitable for your team) So a player retires and you have until the following pre season to replace him and by then you must have replaced him. I don't expect that will happen really but it's just in case say there's a couple of really good players but you're already well stocked in those positions and nobody else appeals at the time.

Contracts you can do as you like as long as they re-sign. The old one's I want to retire I'm only offering a year even if they want more. So far they have all accepted that.

I'm almost halfway through Season 4 and nobody wants to retire so far! Miguel has had one and now Minanda has announced his retirement :(

He's having a second wind for me this season. After starting out of the team he came on as sub and scored and has held his place ever since. Rolling back the years majestically so far!

@mattmid That all makes sense. I will start one within the next few days and will post updates on here.

Yes i always liked Minanda too. But there was one player that i loved (maybe as much as you love Minanda) back in the day in PES5. He was a striker called Bsorak. I think Slovakian or Slovenian. He was with us until he retired. He scored so many goals, all different types, tap ins, headers, running from half way line, 30 yarders.

One season he got injured and he was out for about 10 weeks or something. Boy did we feel that. His stats went down slightly if i remember but once he got back into the team they started climbing up again.

I remember when he was close to retiring i would still play him and it was as if the whole team got a boost. He would come on in cup games with 30 mins left and straight away the impact was there. Even though he was losing his speed he was able to hold players off. Our younger strikers would miss chances, he would be having a quiet game but then get one chance and stick it away.

I think it was you that made Minanda captain so that he could lift the cup. I did the same with him (he was our club captain). I would go as far as saying that he prevented me from getting into PES6. Because i bought PES6 but was enjoying my ML adventures so much with him writing his own story, that i didnt want to start another one so i gave PES6 away. I am hopeful to start a new fantastic ML story. :)

@geeeeee They really get to you like that don't they? It was Miguel that made him captain for that game to lift the trophy :) I do remember the name as I did have pes5 but I can't really recall him much. I don't think I did too much ML on 5, not sure why. He sounds quite a player, let's hope he finds that old form once you start it up. I look forward to seeing how it goes.

It really makes the matches mean so much as well doesn't it. I was just playing the last game of the first half of season 4 and I'm kicking every ball :LOL:

Domzale Season 4 Winter Break Update.

In a nutshell: A new formation, a returning hero, a better defence, a misfiring attack, another tight league and another holiday for Zamenhof.

In an effort to stop the constant flow of goals conceded I changed to a 4-1-4-1 with the midfield '4' fairly well advanced. Hamsun was the focal point with from left to right the four Ruskin, Fouque, Ordaz, Macco. Dodo in behind and a back four of Jaric, Libermann, Stein, Giersen. Zamenhof in goal, no not really! Ivarov.

The first game of the season brought relegated Lokeren and previous Div 2 winners with a record 29pts in Season 1. A very, very tight game was won with a goal by Ordaz on 39 minutes from a pass by Hamsun. It was really hard work to keep Lokeren out but a couple of good saves by Ivarov ensured it ended 1-0. This was followed up with a game against Vardar who I hammered with 26 shots, 11 on target and drew 0-0! The ball would just not go in. An open goal missed by Fouque the worst of it. Next was Altach and this was another really close game. Then late on Minanda came on for Fouque and rammed home a screamer from just outside the box to win it in stoppage time! :WORSHIP: Needless to say he started the next game although he couldn't repeat the trick as a very tricky Sturm Graz side were just about kept at bay in another 0-0.

Next up came the cup. Does anybody know how many rounds it has because I haven't got past the first one yet :LOL: A 4-0 aggregate beating by Sturm Graz against my ageing reserve team who looked past it as a collective.

Not that resting the players did any good as I lost 3-2 to St Polten in the next game, a side I have had trouble with since they were relegated. I was 1-0 up and 3-1 before getting a 2nd on 80 minutes but try as I might I couldn't find an equaliser. Minanda netted again wit h Burchet getting the other.

Next up was nemesis Heracles and this time the hatchet was well and truly buried in a convincing 2-0 win where they rarely threatened. A cathartic win! Fouque with a rocket and Ruskin got the goals.

The final game before the break was against leaders Lech Poznan. Yep on first half form once again. I was on top for a lot of the game without creating much and they were dangerous when they did get forward. With time running out up stepped Ruskin to hit a shot into the far side netting, a lovely finish. I hung on for 10 mintues to see it out.

Another tight season!

halftable.jpg
So, the formation has had the desired effect on not conceding and although the goals have dropped off quite a bit it's more down to poor finishing than a lack of chances. Hamsun is misfiring but playing really well otherwise, Ordaz similar. Minanda is in great form (6.4) and 8 of the regular starting line up are hitting 6.0 and above. Ivarov has made some great saves at key moments as well and is on a career high of 6.1.

Fouque is 5.9 and scored a great goal but I still can't seem to get the best out of him which is frustrating because his stats are off the chart now. His passing just doesn't seem to be as good as it should be, through balls go astray and so on. He's not quite a forward but doesn't quite seem an AM either. I'm going to persist with him in this formation though as he's doing well enough and is getting the opportunity for a few shots as well.
I'm pretty convinced it's his lack of agility that is letting him down (62). He seems a bit cumbersome when in tight spaces and then often loses the ball.

Hamsun is a man mountain (90 balance) and bullies a lot of defenders who aren't as big as him. This makes him a great target man and he can hold most balls up and bring the four behind him into play.

Ruskin is becoming a bit of a goal threat although wayward with it most times. His pace causes problems and he even got a mention from Peter Brackley in commentary about his incredible stamina (neat touch).

Zamenhof tans well.

Scorers Ruskin, Minanda 2

Assists Ruskin, Dodo, Hamsun 1

Top Rating Minanda 6.4 (At 38!)

Sturm Graz were a very strong team and if this is the calibre of team that gets relegated from Division 1 it's going to be quite a fight to stay in it should I ever get there. I can't see them dropping away so not losing to them will be a key part of the second half of the season. Lech Poznan usually drop away, but seeing as I will be playing them last you can bet they won't this season and there'll be something on it. I fully expect Lokeren to keep in the hunt as well and I wouldn't write Altach off yet either. Strangely I'm the only one who seems to have trouble with St Polten!

Just had an stoppage time penalty awarded with the score at 0-0. The endless drama in this game :D I could barely get up the nerve to take it

@mattmid 26 shots, 11 on target and drew 0-0, similar to FC United's first season. No one can score. No matter how many chance created. As you said it is really hard by using defaults to play well on both attack & defense together in early seaons.
In this even and tight league, maybe you play a little bit defensive against strong team in order to keep in the mix, and then see how it go at the final run in.

@miguelfcp I keep rotate Ordaz and Hamsun as my no.9 in season 1. But I found that our Ordaz is more like Lacazette rather than Giroud. As a lesser team, we need Giroud (Hamsun) to hold up the defense in order to build up our attack. I know Ordaz have great potential and play really well for ML United. I will keep trying Ordaz. He may need more time to adapt our style.
We will not plan to change our formation or tactics. As I remember from childhood memory, when the team play more together on the same formation. Their connection and teamwork will get better. Hope it will work out soon.

Question:
Since all newgen and regen are put together in newcomer group. How can you identity the player is newgen or regen? I prefer to sign newgen only.

@geeeeee: The Generations Mode fever is spreading! Looking forward to hear about your save.

@mattmid: Damn, that's tight! 3 teams with the same points, with Lokeren so close. I was not expecting your brilliant defensive record, 6 clean sheets in 7 matches? Matt for Manager of the Year! How did you pull it off? I'm sure the formation change helped a lot but even so your midfield is quite offensive-minded...also I see you adapted Stein to a sideback role which is quite interesting.
Minanda the MVP so far...this guy is unbelievable. Long live the King! Regarding Fouque, you're absolutely right: though he evolves into a pretty solid passer of the ball, he rarely shows that ability on the pitch. He's one of those players who's always going to be an hybrid of something...
Speaking of Zamenhof, that reminds me that Ximelez just played his first match in about two years for me...well, 15 min. of a match. Still won't beat Zamenhof's record of 0 matches in 4 seasons...

@wildwind: Ordaz is becoming a beast of a player for me. The only thing I really don't like about him is his very low mentality attribute (54), but otherwise he's a very solid striker.
As for your question, newgens often have fairly exaggerated statsheets considering they're 17 year olds, as in having a few +80 stats alongside a few 60s...as for the regens, the majority of them will have lower stats all over their statsheet except for the best players of the database, but then again those best players are more well-known so you'll be able to identify them as regens. If you're still not sure about a particular player, I'd search his name online just to be sure.

@miguelfcp Actually Stein was playing CB, Giersen RB and Jaric LB. I think I was getting more possession was a key part of conceding less as well as occupying their full backs with the wide men in the four. I think it was a bit of everything. Stein has been a real utility man for me though with no real place for him on the team. He covers most suspensions and plays probably every other game really! This season though he started out there but I didn't play him in every game particularly against those with big strikers.

Domzale Update..... Mid Second Half.

Thought I'd share this now as there's two games to go which I'll probably complete tomorrow but mean time you can share my anguish with me!

The second half of the season started with a really good 3-0 win over Lokeren with Hamsun running the show with 2 goals. Then an almighty battle against Vardar who after a mistake from kick off by me when I passed the ball out of play, went forward, won a corner and scored with a minute on the clock. I had to work very, very hard to get back into it and just about won it 2-1 in the end. Then another tough match with Altach which because of a stupid late tackle I did with Hamsun in the previous game, earning him a suspension, meant he and Ordaz both missed the game. That left me punchless up front and once I went 1-0 down I couldn't get back into the game at all. I was so annoyed I did that with Hamsun, the game was won, the ball was in the opposition's half and I just slid in without thinking. Yellow card and his second of the season. Particularly frustrating as I already knew Ordaz was going to miss it with suspension with an earlier booking.

Then came the big game with Strum Graz. Dodo and Minanda had been booked in the previous game and both had to sit it out with suspensions which were now really hurting me in the last two games. We started well though and went 1-0 up after a Hamsun shot hit the bar and bounced down on the line with Fouque just getting there first to scramble it home. Then Sturm Graz got free and Valeny got a straight red for bringing the man down. An already difficult Graz side now had a man advantage. With me rarely seeing their half I hung on and hung on but eventually they grabbed an equaliser with 15 to go. I couldn't afford to lose no matter what. Playing a 4-5-0 they somehow got in behind and Libermann took one for the team with the striker through on the keeper, bringing him down outside the area. He was walking before the ref got the red card out. Down to 9 and still 10 to play! Hamsun took over at CB with Stremer who had already replaced Valeny earlier. The free kick was missed but just after they had a corner which dropped at the feet of their striker but luckily he poked it just wide. Then began another 10 minutes of pressure that we somehow survived for a 1-1 draw.

Table with 3 to go
3 to go.jpg

Bogey team St Polten, Nemesis Heracles and leaders Lech Poznan to play! Could it get any more unlucky? Why are Heracles always involved in this?

A completely frustrating game ensued against a St Polten side that I just can't seem to get to grips with. They scored first, I battered away without really getting anywhere then Fouque put the ball over the top from 3 yards out! I was ready to sub him there and then after that! Then as I threw men forward they broke and got a second. Of course then Hamsun got a goal but all too late. Elsewhere Strum Graz won but Lech Poznan thankfully lost.

:CURSE::CURSE::CURSE: St Polten!

Table with 2 to go

2 to go.jpg

So, 2 points behind but because I have to play Lech Poznan then two wins will do it. Haven't we been here before?

It's a three horse race with Lokeren's GD being so bad. I have to beat Heracles (just don't Heracles, just don't!) and then it will all come down to Lokeren, barring Sturm Graz losing their last two which seems very unlikely. Sturm Graz have Lokeren and St Polten to play. Next game Poznan play Vardar. In the reverse fixtures those three games were all won so I have to beat Heracles and if I can do that and it's a big if then it all comes down to a shootout with Lech Poznan!

Loving your team's very tight defense, eight goals conceded in twelve games sounds like a back line made in heaven: Nesta, Cannavaro, Stam and Gentile (for the anatomy grabbing :SHOCK:). With maybe Lev Yashin between the sticks.

And yet it is just the default lads, and maybe a baby Baresi or Maldini new gen with tiny stats.

Chapeau @mattmid . :SAL:

FC United - Season 2 - Mid-season update

What a start with a great freekick & volley, 2-0 win against Middlesbrough. And then 2 away games, 1-0 loss at Sheffield Wed and 1-1 draw at Nottingham Forest. 4th game at home vs Crystal Palace (newly relegated from D1). Loss concentration conceded one just after 4min. Then Hamsun scored 2 headers from crosses on the left by Ruskin & Fouque. 1st comeback win 2-1. After 4 league games, scored 5 goals equal the total of last season.

BUT.......Deja vu all over again.

Loss 2-0 at Ipswich and 2 0-0 draws. No goal for last 3 game!!!
Amazingly, we get the same table as season 1 (only conceded 3 goal less)
!TABLE.JPG bandicam 2018-05-19 14-12-10-708.jpg

Top Scorer: 2 (Hamsun)
Top Assists: 1 (Minanda, Fouque, Ruskin)
Top Rating: 6.6 Minanda, 6.5 Dodo

Cup Round 1 against Nottingham Forest, 1st leg away, very tight game until 83min Ordaz score 0-1. 2nd leg Huylens score twice with a Ordaz's assist. Total 3-0. Next round against Sheffield Wed (other tie - Ipswich vs Middlesbrough). Since the league top 2 of 3 teams knocked out. Now we focus more on the cup and try to reach the final.

Transfer
In D2, Bristol City - D.Weir
In D1, Evian TG - Scholes, Oscar, Nancy - Giggs

@wildwind That's amazing you have virtually the same record at the half way stage. You're keeping the goals out that's the main thing at this stage I think. Some nice signings being made in Div 1. Rapid Wien have added Pogba to Messi in mine now.

Great free kick, I can never score with them despite how good Jaric is.

No sign of anyone retiring yet in mine. Sod's law says it'll be Minanda first, the only old one with any talent still! I really hope not given the season he's having.

@wildwind That's amazing you have virtually the same record at the half way stage. You're keeping the goals out that's the main thing at this stage I think. Some nice signings being made in Div 1. Rapid Wien have added Pogba to Messi in mine now.

Great free kick, I can never score with them despite how good Jaric is.

No sign of anyone retiring yet in mine. Sod's law says it'll be Minanda first, the only old one with any talent still! I really hope not given the season he's having.

If i remember right, PES 6 free kicks are damn hard to score. I'd take Juninho (99 FK Accuracy, Curling in the 90s), and i'd blast 7 out of 10 free kicks in the stands. And when the free kick is on target, the goalkeeper makes an amazing save, that Neuer can only dream of.

If i remember right, PES 6 free kicks are damn hard to score. I'd take Juninho (99 FK Accuracy, Curling in the 90s), and i'd blast 7 out of 10 free kicks in the stands. And when the free kick is on target, the goalkeeper makes an amazing save, that Neuer can only dream of.
True 100%. It was very hard to score a freekick in pes6.Only with Adriano fk style and Roberto Carlos style and from point blank range seemed a lil bit easier.With others like Rosicky i remember the only way was to input the power gauge 2 or 3 times but still couldnt master free kicks with this tip

Loving your team's very tight defense, eight goals conceded in twelve games sounds like a back line made in heaven: Nesta, Cannavaro, Stam and Gentile (for the anatomy grabbing :SHOCK:). With maybe Lev Yashin between the sticks.

And yet it is just the default lads, and maybe a baby Baresi or Maldini new gen with tiny stats.

Chapeau @mattmid . :SAL:

Thanks. Yes it's still entirely the defaults, nobody has retired yet. Ivarov has been very sound in goal this season so far. He did make one error not holding onto a ball on a wet pitch that got poked in on the rebound but other than that very secure.

I remember seeing a very good tutorial for free kicks for PES6. There are all sorts of crazy button combinations which make a difference. They are possible but take a lot of practice. PES5 was much easier. If you had Adriano anyway. I remember scoring lots in PES3 with Shevchenko. It was like getting a penalty. Saying that, I can't remember ever missing a penalty in that game. Straight down the middle and if the keeper saved it, it was a tap in. I still go down the middle now in PES6 but the rebounds are harder to put away.

I think you must confuse PES 3 with another game (PES 5?) concerning free-kicks, because they are hard to pull off (easier than PES 6 though). The penalties are fine IMO, goalkeepers rarely catch the ball in reality, they really have to punch the ball on the sides, to not concede.

Domzale Season 4 Final Update

A game against Heracles and once again at the end of it promotion is no longer in my hands. They never really troubled us, their keeper was given man of the match, Hamsun had two one-on-one's with the keeper, beat him both times only to hit the bar first time and the post the second time. It just wasn't meant to be. Lech Poznan won their game 1-0 but surprisingly Sturm Graz lost at home to Lokeren to give me a lifeline. I'm sure this game is just taunting me now! Extending my hopes only to dash them at the last minute!

Table with 1 to go

Lech Poznan 26 (promoted)
Sturm Graz 23
Domzale 22
Lokeren 20

So, a highest finish assured even if I lose but more importantly I must beat a hopefully uninterested Lech Poznan side celebrating promotion. The least I can do is to win and at least ensure Strum Graz have to win their game. If they don't win and I lose or draw it's going to be more heartbreak. I want to win and at worst know there was nothing else I could do.

The older players find "What to do after football" leaflets on the top of their training kit that's laid out on Monday morning, in the hope this will prompt some of them to hang up their boots.

Strum Graz are away to St Polten. Can my bogey team finally do something to help me rather than hinder me or will they roll over?

The game starts and on 7 minutes Hamsun is brought down on the corner of the box. It looked inside, what will the ref give? There's a short delay and then he points to the spot!! Ordaz, the regular penalty taker is suspended so Minanda steps up. He strides forward, waits for the keeper to move and slides it down the middle! 1-0! A couple more chances after that, the closest a Hamsun header from a corner that just goes over the bar. Lech Poznan have the odd attack but they are mostly broken up although Ivarov saves one well as Liberrman and Stein get in each others way and the striker manages to get a toe to it. HT 1-0

Elsewhere?...

St Polten 1-1 Sturm Graz at Half time.

PES6 Stop doing this to me! Here we are for the third season running at half time in the final game of the season knowing that if things stay the same a win will get us promoted. I think Strum Graz will win their game but all I can do is try to see this one out and what will, will be.

The Second half begins and we are again on top, but unable to work a clear opening with shots being charged down. They also threaten but we are just about getting in the way to stop things before they get too dangerous. They begin to push forward as we hit 70 minutes but Dodo wins the ball and gets it to Minanda. He finds Ruskin free down the left. He cuts inside as a CB closes in on him and unleashes a drive...

that is saved one handed by the keeper! A fantastic save! Then with 10 minutes left a Poznan free kick is lifted over the defence to the onrushing striker. It's past Ivarov and it's 1-1! Noooooooooooo! With an exhausted Minanda and Fouque just gone off for Iouga and Espimas as well. Dodo then breaks forward with defenders falling back and lets a low drive go, hit really well but straight at the keeper. Then in stoppage time Macco cuts in and hits a hard shot but the keeper gets down to it at the near post to put it out for a corner, getting congratulations from his team mates. The corner comes over, Libermaan wins it but heads well wide. The goal kick is taken and the ref blows the whistle for full time. Domzale have entered into some kind of football groundhog day!

Sturm Graz win 3-2 to mean that the result didn't matter in the end which lightens the disappointment somewhat.

Final Table

finaltable.jpg

I won't be sorry to see the back of Sturm Graz so quickly, they were a very strong team. Just a shame they couldn't have taken St Polten with them!

Lokeren win the cup with a 4-1 win over Heracles.

Previously promoted teams come down again, this time Ried and Korona showing how hard it is to stay up it would seem.

Div 2 Golden Boot R. Kienast (Sturm Graz)

Div 2 Assist Leader B. Prokipic (Altach)

Div 2 Player Of The Season (again) K. Jozwiak (Lech Poznan)

Domzale Awards

Top Scorer Hamsun 4, Minanda 3, Fouque 3, Ordaz 2, Ruskin 2, Burchet 1

Top Assists Minanda 2

Player Of The Season Minanda 6.2 You just can't keep a good man down.

The change in formation certainly saw a huge decrease in goals against and took the weight off Hamsun in seeing a range of goalscorers but at the same time although Hamsun missed a lot perhaps lesser skilled players shooting also had an effect on the amount of missed chances that ultimately cost a few points. I'm undecided at this point which way to go formation wise for next season. 15 players are out of contract and seemingly none of them have any intention of retiring. But then why would they it's not as if half of them are even getting muddy!

The conundrum that is Fouque needs to be solved. He's become the best player in the squad stats wise. Time to find a way for him to show it on the pitch.

Improvers: (since start) ave increase per stat

Fouque 11
Jaric 9
Ordaz 9
Macco 9
Hamsun 7/8
Dodo 7/8
Ruskin 7
Stein 5/6
Liberrman 5
Giersen 4
Lothar 3

Everyone else has declined to some amount or other. Minanda is keeping his passing and technique level.

And not one player retires!

Then I decide to give Lothar a run out in a pre season friendly and what does he do?

lothar.jpg

Yep, another OG. 3! He's only played 4 games! Ivarov is a worry now, what if he chooses to retire? Does this mean that if somebody does eventually retire that I should prioritise a keeper? Lothar clearly isn't going to be a worthwhile replacement.

Well, pts and finishing position are creeping up each season

Pts 11, 21, 22, 23

Pos 8, 5, 4, 3

But it feels like I'm at a crossroads with the squad now. The older players bar Minanda are next to useless now and my young stars are getting to mid 20's. I need some young players before those stars start to decline or I'll be stuck in the same boat again where by the time the youngsters are nicely developed my other players will be over the hill. I think I'm going to go for the spine of the team in new players first, starting with a keeper, CB, a striker and then a CM. Assuming I'm able to find the right one and of course assuming any of these bastards ever retire! :LOL:

I think you must confuse PES 3 with another game (PES 5?) concerning free-kicks, because they are hard to pull off (easier than PES 6 though). The penalties are fine IMO, goalkeepers rarely catch the ball in reality, they really have to punch the ball on the sides, to not concede.
Definitely 3. They were all close range though if I remember rightly. Free kicks that weren't Adriano were still possible in 5. I remember scoring online co-op with one which was nice.

Back
Top Bottom