The Retro-PES Corner

I'm kind of creating my own challenge with a special database. And I can already say it will be very hard, maybe even harder than the Default Originals Challenge. :P Basically, all teams will have classic players or important past and current players in their lineup, whatever era they come from. Therefore, we begin as the defaults in Division 2 against such teams as :

Benfica :
Oblak
David Luiz
Luisao
Maxi Pereira
Coentrao
Matic
Ramires
Di Maria
Aimar
Eusebio
Nuno Gomes

Monaco :
Barthez
Squillaci
Rafael Marquez
Thuram
Mendy
Fabinho
Petit
Giuly
Bernardo Silva
Mbappé
Prso

And these are only Division 2 teams :

In first division, there is for example Barcelona :SHOCK: :
Victor Valdes
Piqué
Puyol
Dani Alves
Van Bronckhorst
Guardiola
Xavi
Iniesta
Messi
Eto'o
Ronaldinho

BTW, @fmicablues7 , what transfers are you allowing yourself against these teams of titans ? Just defaults and youth players ?

@rockstrongo , nah, give me Amerigo Atllantis, Cuito Cuanavale or Estadio Gran Chaco any day over real stadiums. No roof, that is for the middles classes, no corporate boxes and no dodgy foreign owners.

How for example does someone who owns an English football club, but is refused a UK residency visa still meet the fit-and-proper-person-test by the FA and Premier League.

:R1:R1:R1
Yeah that's insane.
Love old grounds,we switched grounds from a very noisy 13k stadium,that didn't have seats ,old wooden benches for people who wanted to sit,no fancy safe standing just rough concrete with a few rails when standing,no roof on one of the sides,to a Level 3 Uefa 30 k Ground.
Still noisy,but no soul,and I'll take our old ground back in a heartbeat (sadly demolished now)

Big sucker for old Italian bowls,running tracks and no roof,bucket loads of flairs and always a couple of ambulances visible

@rockstrongo , spot on man, Parma's Ennio Tardini, Fiorentina's Artremio Franchi and the old Olympic Stadium in Munich (although that does have a big roof but has a running track too on plus side) are some of the best examples in Europe of proper football grounds.

When a club moves to a new ground, it is then called a fing arena, which means it is more about staging other non-football sh_t like concerts and trade fairs and thus as you say, the soul is gone.

OFF-TOPIC.. I saw MILAN-OLYMPIACOS Europa Leauge match today in replay-TV. How unfair is for P. Cutrone to start in bench while G. Higuain is in the starting 11..

Last edited:
@slamsoze I haven't seen them play this season but no doubt it's down to the 'name' as always. Whenever I see Man Utd, it's the same with Lukaku, never subbed no matter how bad he's playing. Some games he couldn't trap a bag of sand.
Mourinho has lost it.
Not a huge fan of Pogba,but Mourinho seems a bit obsessed with him and and his behaviour
He needs to go,but as a Liverpool "fan" Id like to see him stay

hi, i have a weird frame skipping sort of thing going on with the kitserver speeder enabled on pes 3, any ideas?

to replicate and test: set it <1.0 like 0.98 go to train mode and walk with player left or right down the pitch and look at the background a little, its skipping a frame periodically in a constant fashion, the lower i go with the value the faster the rate of skipping the frame, its like a short pause or stutter

Gonzalo has been blunt this season
Did he just come back from injury as well?
I don’t know his condition to be honest but it seems that Cutrone has the momentum now,but warms the bench cause of what @mattmid said.Higuain has the “superstar” status and goes first.The youngster from Milan Academies must wait.
I was amazed on YouTube comments sections of Milan highlights how the most fans are praising Cutrone comparing his positioning when scoring with Pipo Inzaghi.I remember the previous decade Italian fans were too tolerant to foreign superstars when they were extremely strict and impatient criticizing their country’s youngsters like Gilardino,Pazzini,Immobile who never achieved the peak they could reach if they had the same trust and love.

I don’t know his condition to be honest but it seems that Cutrone has the momentum now,but warms the bench cause of what @mattmid said.Higuain has the “superstar” status and goes first.The youngster from Milan Academies must wait.
I was amazed on YouTube comments sections of Milan highlights how the most fans are praising Cutrone comparing his positioning when scoring with Pipo Inzaghi.I remember the previous decade Italian fans were too tolerant to foreign superstars when they were extremely strict and impatient criticizing their country’s youngsters like Gilardino,Pazzini,Immobile who never achieved the peak they could reach if they had the same trust and love.
Well said.
I'm glad to see Immobile has a revival,stunning player

I thought the higher their consistency the more chance of having better arrows game to game?
I am so confused :LOL:

Also in PES 6, has anyone ever seen an ambulance symbol with a red cross, when a player is
injured ?

:?:?:?
Consistency as I remember in pes6 is hidden from in game edit mode.You can adjust it only with an OFeditor.
As for ambulance I have seen but it is very rare compared to pes5.Generally the details about injury were toned down from pes6 and after,also a player with yellow cross (light injury) doesn’t continue playing with bandages on the knee,he just goes on with the same graphics details.Try tackle an out of stamina A.Robben or Joe Cole with C injury resistance and yellow cross injury and there is high possibility to get the ambulance injury.

@WhoAteMeDinner That's because most players in the default file are set at Injury A. I always set them to B and C (as they are in the Amador file) You then get injuries pretty regularly over a season. Lots of 1/2 weeks and longer term one's too, including the red cross from a tackle. When I was doing the Norwegian league my player got a 17 week injury, which put him out for most of the 30 game season!

Yes that's right @slamsoze, it's hidden in game (no idea why!) but you can change it in OF editor.

@mattmid and @slamsoze , thanks guys. Interesting stuff, all this hidden content in option file edit modes. But just to note, I get a couple of red cross injuries each season in PES 6, even with just the default player stats. Have seen quite a number of players that have B and C injury tolerance in the player lists too. I have one poor little winger, a youth player from Iran called Noushevar and every time he gets a heavy tackle, he picks up a yellow cross injury for a week or two, never fit to play two consecutive games.

:COAT::COAT::COAT:

Consistency as I remember in pes6 is hidden from in game edit mode.You can adjust it only with an OFeditor.
As for ambulance I have seen but it is very rare compared to pes5.Generally the details about injury were toned down from pes6 and after,also a player with yellow cross (light injury) doesn’t continue playing with bandages on the knee,he just goes on with the same graphics details.Try tackle an out of stamina A.Robben or Joe Cole with C injury resistance and yellow cross injury and there is high possibility to get the ambulance injury.

Yes, there are far less injuries in PES6 and the further editions than in PES3/4/5, especially in the default game. I think Konami decreased them because some players were complaining... :SHAKE:
Anyway, in PES 4/5/6, if you give more B and C injury tolerance, it can produce an awful lot of injuries, which is realistic IMO. I never was able to produce a realistic amount of injuries in PES 6 and 2008, even when i gave C tolerance for everyone.

Yes, there are far less injuries in PES6 and the further editions than in PES3/4/5, especially in the default game. I think Konami decreased them because some players were complaining... :SHAKE:
Anyway, in PES 4/5/6, if you give more B and C injury tolerance, it can produce an awful lot of injuries, which is realistic IMO. I never was able to produce a realistic amount of injuries in PES 6 and 2008, even when i gave C tolerance for everyone.

Yes, @fmicablues7 , that is very true, PES 3 had far more frequent and therefore realistic injuries each season and lots of those cool little white bandages around their legs. And as we both know well, the red cross injuries in that game were often horrendous and season ending for a player.

Interesting thing happening in my PES 6 ML save is that having never seen a red cross and ambulance symbol before in hundreds of games, my midfield hard men (Sasaki, Sousa and Harty) have put two COM players in an ambulance in three games.

Bad dudes....:LOVE::LOVE::LOVE:

Back
Top Bottom