The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Was watching Sky Sports and poor Ian Harte doesn't know if he can get a transfer deal to the EPL (damn Levante!), which can damage his chances of going to the WC2006....the guy is a LB legend....one of my favourite players IRL and on PES.

How is he doing in your ML nerf?

Yep agree with what Prof was saying.. French ML is just something else ;) hehehe.. i can't wait to get the editing done and have a nice 05/06 season ML with someone like Bordeaux/Nantes ;)

Take care... too bad i wont be able to use French commentary anymore and have to do with Kabira for Ligue 1 ML :(

WEEK 12

Portsmouth 3 – 2 Paddington C
Mornar 13 - - - - Castello 52
Lua Lua 23, 38 - -Reeves 60

In what can only be described as a game of two halves Paddington will feel unlucky not to have at least got a point in this Entertaining and open game.
In the first half Portsmouth ran The Courts defence ragged as Mornar and Lua Lua had several chances to put the south coast club ahead. That time did come though in the 13th minute thanks to some good work from his strike partner. Lua Lua beat Collins and drew out Vaughan to give some space for Mornar who calmly slotted home past the onrushing smith. Lua Lua then took his one-man show to new heights when after a good ball from O’Neil unleashed a rocket from the edge of the box to put Portsmouth 2-0 up. The Third was as easy as the first with Lua Lua cutting through the Defence and dinking the ball past the despairing Smith.
The Second half couldn’t have been more different as Paddington hit the ground running as Castello and Reeves completely controlled the pace of the game. Reeves who has yet to show his promise in the Master League gave a man of the match display and was at the centre of all thins Paddington. First he intercepted the ball from Hughes and then placed a superb through ball to Castello who slotted the ball with confidence passed Westerveld. Revves and Castello then joined forces again to make a second. Castello received the ball on the edge of the area turned his man then powered the ball towards goal. Westerveld saved brilliantly but to no avail as reeves was there to sweep up and knock in the second.
Paddington were now looking like they would score in every attack and nearly did again on the 63rd minute when Fallon was brought down and a penalty was given. Fallon stepped up and hit a weak attempt that Westerveld saved and gave the incentive back to Portsmouth. The only real effort from either side for the last 25 minutes was a vicious 35-yard screamer from Reeves that had everyone in amazement as it thundered of the upright and went off for a goal kick.

The Gaffers Verdict:

Paul Walker was in joking mood after an interesting game at Fratton Park.

“I think there gunna sack the tea lady because she sent the pot with the secial ingredient to the wrong dressing room. Im Dissapointed as we Deserved something from the game but pleased to see Kev (Reeves) get a performance like that under his belt. It my fault really as I have biged him up so much but its only because he has so much ability. He Has still got a lot to learn but when he is on song the midfield goes by his pace and he is the best Central midfielders I have ever coached.”

“We will take this performance into the next game and hopefully get a scoreline that reflects our performance.”

The Table took some Interesting shape after good results from Bolton and Portsmouth and another slip up from top of the table Hearts.

Other Scores

Bolton 2 – 0 Norwich
C Palace 1 – 2 WBA
Southampton 1 – 1 Hearts

Table
Hearts - 13 pts +6 Gd
Paddington - 12 pts +3
Bolton - 12 pts +3
Portsmouth - 12 pts +2
Wets Brom - 7 pts -1
Southampton - 6 pts -3
Norwich - 5 pts -3
Crystal P - 1 pts -7

Smicer Injury Blow for Bordeaux

Bordeaux midfielder Vladimir Smicer will miss the next 6 weeks of the season through injury. The Czech ace picked up the injury 6 minutes from time in the 3-0 win over AC Ajaccio, after a hefty challenge from Xavier Collin. This event adds pressure to Professor Nutmeg's already tiny squad, who will now struggle to field a fully fit team every week. Professor Nutmeg said: "I know some of my players are tired and therefore more susceptible to knocks, but it's a risk we have to take with such a small squad. I shuffle the pack where i can, but there is only so much that you can do. Thankfully we have an effective strike force through Jean-Claude (Darcheville) Lilian (Laslandes) and Marouane (Chamakh), and if we can keep the ball in their part of the pitch, we should be ok."
Bordeaux are widely expected to bring in at least 2 new faces when the transfer window opens.
Seven games into the season and they're currently top of Ligue 1 on goal difference, with 19 points, closely followed by Marseille and Paris Saint-Germain.

jonestm said:
you get nothing for winning master league. and the cpu is crap, even on 6 stars.

Not true my friend.

You get the immense smug satisfaction that comes from leading a bunch of no hopers and reprobates to glory. Well at least I would, if i wasn't so crap.

db

Professor Nutmeg said:
Db, are you confident of getting into Div1 before PES5 comes out? Not long now - September, October.... :)

Hi mate,

well i was untill the wheels started to fall off and i got ponked in the cup by Sporting - got a game with Espanyol tonight, which should hopefully get me back on course.

Mr Simao's contract runs untill end of nxt season - so with luck his Maritimo swansong will be amongst the big boys!

db

Lille just played Bordeaux and they won 1-0.
Lille had to start the match without their two "stars": both Moussilou and Bodmer are injured.
During the first half LOSC were the better team against a very physical playing Bordeaux side (3 yellow cards in the first 15').Lille had a couple of very good chances but at half time it was still 0-0.
In the beginning of the second half left back Tafforeau made one of his countless raids into the Bordeaux box and was pulled down. Penalty for Lille which was converted by Dumont. 1-0.
After that Bordeaux tried to equalize but Lille had no difficulties to maintain the 1-0 lead.
At the end of the first round (15 matches) Lille are second, two point behind Lyon. PSG and Auxerre are third seven points behind Lille.
In the thrasfer window Lille will have to buy a couple of players...

fredson.jpg

Fredson breaks Madeiran Hearts

Espanyol 1 (Fredson 90+)
Maritimo 0

An injury time strike by Espanyol's Brazilian Fredson condemned the Portuguese to a 2nd straight defeat and their 4th in 5 games.

With 3 minutes of added time almost up, a speculative effort by Tamudo was blocked by Glenn Loovens and the loose ball fell invitingly to the defensive midfielder who slammed it home for the win and leave Maritimo's automatic promotion hopes hanging by a thread.

Mallorca 2 Numancia 2 / Getafe 2 Albacete 1 / Levante 2 Sporting L 1

Table with 2 games remaining...

Mallorca 22
Maritimo 20
-----------
Levante 19
Espanyol 17
Getafe 16
Albacete 14
Numancia 13
Sporting L 11

In the penultimate round of matches, Maritimo travel to rock bottom Sporting, whilst Mallorca face Levante in the day's biggest game. A win for both sets of Islanders would effectively seal promotion for each side, however if Levante can manage either a win or a draw, then it will all come down to the last day of the season.

s4penultimate.jpg
A full house at the Alvalade

SPORTING 0 MARITIMO 4

Unstoppable Edgar
Maritimo more than made up for their semi final defeat at the hands of Sporting, with a comprehensive thrashing of their Portuguese neighbours.

Pacheco had given the visitiors the lead just before the break, with an equisitely curled low shot from 20 yards that pinged into the bottom corner of the net.

With the ageing Uraguyan unable to come out for the second half, Mr Simao brought on the lively Edgar in what must go down as one of the substitutions of the season.

s4penultimate3.jpg
Edgar - Controls Da Silva's aerial pass

The stocky Angolan tore into the Lisbon sides frail backline on 65, 71 and 78 minutes, each time his blistering acceleration beating the Sporting offside trap as he ran onto through balls from Da Silva, Wenio and Matabuena.

s4penultimate2.jpg
Tonel is powerless to stop Edgar's first goal

The completion of an outstanding 13 minute hat trick well and truely leaves in Maritimo's destiny in their own hands, with a draw against Levante all that they need to finally reach the promised land.

Other Results : Mallorca 1 Levante 1 / Getafe 1 Espanyol 3 / Numancia 1 Albacete 2

Table

1 game left... Albacete are at home to Mallorca who also need just a point to be assured of promotion. Sporting face Getafe whilst Espanyol host Numancia.

Mallorca 23 +6
Maritimo 23 +5
--------------
Levante 20 + 2
Espanyol 20 + 2
Albacete 17
Getafe 16
Numancia 13
Sporting L 11

Well, the mid-season transfer window opened in Ligue 1 and i didn't waste any time attempting to swoop for players. My Bordeaux squad is teeny tiny, and to make matters worse i've been hit my injuries and suspensions. However, i managed to bring in 2 loan signings and 2 permanent signings, swelling the numbers to a gargantuan 19 man squad (including 2 keepers) I loaned in Spanish left back Mingo from Albacete and Dutch striker Ellery Cairo from Hertha Berlin. The 2 permanent signings were another much needed defender, Ekani, and yougster, Marco Ramos. These signings will hopefully give me a bit more balance in the squad, but come the end of the season, i will have to look for some permanent signings to bolster my defence.

Speaking about midseason transfer windows and french football...for my Lille team i have bought two players during that transfer period.
Side midfielders Abcherouane (or however his name really is) who plays irl for Lille and Chiumiento, who i also use as a SMF.
Abcherouane is very technically skilled but has low stamina, Chiumiento is a real power boost for the team: i already scored two free kick goals with him in three matches...this is exceptionally high for me (i'm not good at free kicks...it took years before i could score one in PES3...and now i must have an average total of 2 or 3 in a season...).
Lille is in the semifinals of the division one cup after four tough matches against St-Etienne and Strassbourg.
With 12 matches two go they are joint leader (leading by goal difference) with Lyon.

Is mine the only master league in which Jan Koller's been top scorer for 4 seasons in a row?

Jesus Christ I love Jan Koller.

New Signings See Bordeaux Through To Semis

League Cup QF 1st Leg

Rennes 1
Bordeaux 2

League Cup QF 2nd Leg

AET
Bordeaux 2 (Ramos 91' Cairo 103')
Rennes 2 (Conti 47' Utaka 65')

Bordeaux left it late to secure their passage to the French League Cup semi finals. Having grabbed a 2-1 away win in the first leg, the home side found themselves 2-0 down to Rennes for 90 minutes in the reverse fixture. However, deep in second half injury time, substitute and new signing Marco Ramos, headed home from a Cohade cross which forced the tie into extra time at 2-1. Ramos was to be involved again in the build up to the second goal, this time passing to Laslandes, who backheeled the ball in to the path of on loan striker Ellery Cairo, who found the target from 12 metres out.
It comes as a surpirise to some, as the manager has publicly stated that he is more interested in the League title than the cup. Nonetheless, last night's win will go down well amongst the fans and the club alike. Professor Nutmeg stated: "Perhaps it's because i'm a veteran at this, but there are certain games which i know can be influenced by a particular substitution. In this case it was young Marco (Ramos). But he left it late, almost too late"
Bordeaux will now face Toulouse in the Semi finals, whilst favourites Lyon travel to Auxerre.

Paradise Island awaits its date with destiny

s4last1.jpg

The Maritimo squad are going through their final preparations with a light training session this morning, as they prepare for the biggest game in the club's history against Levante tonight, needing just a point for promotion.

With all the matches kicking off simultaneously, eyes will also be focused on Albacete, where the home side face top of the table Mallorca who also know that like Maritimo, a solitary point will be enough to send them up.

Espanyol, level with Levante on 20 points and with an identical +2 goal difference are not completely out of the equation either as they host Numancia in what appears to be a home banker.

s4last2.jpg
President Pereira "It's in our own hands and I know we won't slip up"

s4last3.jpg
s4last4.jpg

Meanwhile the opposing captains, have spoken to the assembled press pack, both reiterating their belief that today's game must be considered a 90 minute match just like any other despite the intense hype and pressure surrounding the outcome.

Wenio in particular was keen to stress that "We mustn't take anything for granted" and that "Levante know they must beat us, so we cannot afford to be anything other than 100% focused".

s4last6.jpg

The Levante supporters have also been making their way to Madeira on all forms of transport, with one coachload in particular deciding that driving to Lisboa rather than flying directly to Funchal from Valencia would be a cheaper and no doubt a more compelling experience.

More to follow.........

With Kick off an hour away the stadium is filling up nicely.......

s4last5.jpg

Maritimo v Levante team news...

Mr Simao has decided to sacrifice the hot headed Matabuena for a partnership of Mendes da Silva and Wenio in the centre of midfield, N'doye and Esteves take up their usual places on the left and right flanks respectively, and the flying Brazilian wingback Donde has been left out in favour of the older more defensively minded Eusebio.

Edgar starts upfront with Eric Mouloungui with Antonio Pacheco having to be content with a place on the bench as the Englishman sets his side out, with defensive stability, the paramount factor.

gerd said:
Speaking about midseason transfer windows and french football...for my Lille team i have bought two players during that transfer period.
Side midfielders Abcherouane (or however his name really is) who plays irl for Lille and Chiumiento, who i also use as a SMF.
Abcherouane is very technically skilled but has low stamina, Chiumiento is a real power boost for the team: i already scored two free kick goals with him in three matches...this is exceptionally high for me (i'm not good at free kicks...it took years before i could score one in PES3...and now i must have an average total of 2 or 3 in a season...).
Lille is in the semifinals of the division one cup after four tough matches against St-Etienne and Strassbourg.
With 12 matches two go they are joint leader (leading by goal difference) with Lyon.
Lol yeah DAvide Chiumentio hasn't done anything yet to deserve the really high stats he starts out with in PES4. This is one player they've over-rated. I think the former Swiss youngster can BECOME great but surely doesn't deserve those starting stats cuz even a year after PES4 release, he's still not as good as those stats all in 80's suggest.

I had him for my team once and he's great and becomes even more amazing but I think is over-rated.

@Prof and Gerd, keep your French stories, really enjoying it ;) as well as DB's still-strong goin Martimio story ;)

How's the website comin along by the way DB? haven't seen much of updates past few days I've been checking.

take care

I think it's a Juventus/big club association thing. I remember a few years back Vincent Pericard was touted as being the next big thing and he had really good stats in Management games. I remember trying to sign him for my Piacenza side and he wouldn't come. He refused outright :lol: You're lucky to get a game now Mister :lol:

Hello from L.A. *wave*

@Stringer : Harte is doing well for me, he's the starting left back and takes most of our set pieces. He's bagged a few assists by overlapping up the left and swinging crosses onto Congo's head.

@Prof : So will you be chasing Monsieur Denilson now? ;)

@db : Best of luck with your decider. Picking that more defensive left-back might be a good move if Levante still have Ettien on their right.

Last edited:
nerf said:
@Prof : So will you be chasing Monsieur Denilson now? ;)

heh heh, for a laugh maybe. I know he's far too good, but hell it's the end of PES4 :mryellow:

DB, is the match in extra extra extra extra time? What happened? Did Maritimo win promotion, or are you sobbing over a last minute goal and unable to post? ;)

Força

s4last7.jpg

Dreams come true on Paradise Island

Maritimo 1 Levante 1

Maritimo sealed promotion for the first time in their history after coming from behind at a packed Estadio Dos Barreiros.

In a match filled with tension, and with the nervy home side knowing a draw was all that they needed, Levante were able to press their hosts right from the off. With 22 minutes on the clock, Ettien's run and low cross was cruely deflected by Bruno Alves past Marcos to give the Spanish a deserved lead.

Buoyed by this early breakthrough, the visitors continued to push forward, hoping to capatilise on their superiority and grab that vital second goal.

However with half time approaching a long ball forward by Da Silva was collected by Eric Moulongui who held off Celestini's challenge before baring down on goal as the Levante defenders backed off. The gangly Gabonese took the briefiest of looks up before burying a shot with very little backlift hard and high into the back of the net.

The relief felt by the majority of the capacity crowd was palpable, and when news came over the tannoy at half time that Numancia were one nil up at Espanyol, a series of Ole chants chorused around the stadium.

s4last8.jpg

The second half began, and in marked contrast to the first, there was now a swagger about the Madeirans to which Levante simply had no answer. Edgar stung the palms of the keeper before being replaced for right back Ogjanovic who slotted into midfield as Maritimo went 4-5-1 and decided to close up the game.

As the final whistle went, a sea or red and green was all that was visible, as the whole Island erupted into a cacophny of noise, colour and chanting.

As news filtered through that Numancia had held onto their lead and Mallorca had beaten Albacete, the reality began to sink in that the humble club from one of Europe's footballing backwater's was about to swim with the big fish of the Iberian first division. President Periera (see below) broke down in tears, whilst Mr Simao and his squad were literally carried from the pitch, and saluted as heroes as Madeira's impossible dream became a reality.

s4last9.jpg

Well, i guess now PES5 can hit the shelves...
Congratulations to Mr Simao.
I wonder what Guillem Balague will think of Maritimo's odds with the big boys...
With the money that comes with promotion Mr Simao can buy a couple of decent players in order to avoid relegation.

Back
Top Bottom