The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Hey Db, enjoyed your blog. Funnily enough i read some info on PES5 that i hadn't known, for example the off ball injuries. What a great addition if that's implemented well. Just imagine, your only fit striker stretches for a cross and pulls a hamstring. I hope this means keepers can get injured in collisions now. Mix and matching kits is another welcome addition. That was always needed.

Moving on though, thank god for the R2 shoot. I hope it works well. The amount of times i've been clean through and had time to place a shot past the keeper (slowed down, composed myself and all) and the player just boots it, perhaps with the outside of his foot too. R2 means the player will always use the inside of his foot and thus shoot more accurately, just like those real life "tidy" finishes. Just what the doctor ordered after skinning a couple of defenders and seeing the whites of the keeper.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Hey Db, enjoyed your blog. Funnily enough i read some info on PES5 that i hadn't known, for example the off ball injuries. What a great addition if that's implemented well. Just imagine, your only fit striker stretches for a cross and pulls a hamstring. I hope this means keepers can get injured in collisions now. Mix and matching kits is another welcome addition. That was always needed.

Moving on though, thank god for the R2 shoot. I hope it works well. The amount of times i've been clean through and had time to place a shot past the keeper (slowed down, composed myself and all) and the player just boots it, perhaps with the outside of his foot too. R2 means the player will always use the inside of his foot and thus shoot more accurately, just like those real life "tidy" finishes. Just what the doctor ordered after skinning a couple of defenders and seeing the whites of the keeper.

hi mate

thanks. Hoping it'll become a bit of a little community for me and my mates - only 4 have registered so far though the slackers!

Re: the off the ball injuries, didnt they try and pull something similar in the past - where players clashed of the ball or something, seem to remember that. The more different type of injuries the better imo and totally agree it'd be nice to have a crocked gk now and again.

Agree on 1-on-1's too. I think i've got a bit better at this now - Moulongui seems very composed in front of goal whereas a lot of my players seem to want to blast it. Probably driver error on my part though - getting too excited when a goal opportunity presents itself!

db

Sorry to bother you again but how do you cahnge the order of the post....like i want it to show the oldest first to the newst last...instead of the newst as the new post.

Quite enjoying my Levante ML. Season One ended in unexpected glory, as we entered the final sprint in full flow while the likes of Osasuna and Albacete suffered untimely drops in form. A 1-0 final day victory over previously-crowned division 2 champions Celta Vigo coincided with a draw for Osasuna, meaning that we pipped the Basque club to second place by a matter of goal difference. Hey, they all count!

1. 32pts Celta Vigo
2. 26pts LEVANTE UD
-------------------------
3. 26pts Osasuna

Player of the season for me was probably Congo, our Colombian striker. The big man was just too much of a handful for Division 2 defences and powered his way into double figures, topping the goalscoring charts with 10. Felix Ettien is also an asset with his blistering pace on the right, and I'm hopeful that a combination of the two - Ettien's speed and Congo's power - will help Levante survive next season.

20031002dasdai_56_I_SCO.jpg
ettien91.jpg

Careful nerf, Congo's and Ettien's exploits may have attracted a bit of attention from the bigger clubs. It'll only take a rumour of interest to unsettle them, and the next thing you know, you're in a scrap at the bottom of the table ;)

Hmm :-k i can't decide whether to start my ML now, or wait a month. I have up to date transfers, but i know they'll be some big ones happening if i start. #-o However, it only takes half a season for the computer to mess things up :eek:

IRL - as far as i know Ettien is due to be playing Segunda football next year - an absolute travesty imo. Apparently he broke a team mates ribs in training once just be falling on him!

db

Right im gunna have one last go at ML before PES5 comes out. i havent been keeping up to date with transfers and the like so excuse the out of date roasters and the like but here we go.

I have taken WE United and created a brand new team. ive made up in my head that they were a team like Notts Forest that had some good euro and league success in the early 70s before the club fell under some bad financial management and droped out of the top flight to spend 20 odd years in the lower leagues. but under the new stuard ship of my ulter ego they have re-built the club to become a good young team with plenty of potential.

Team Name: Paddington Court

Manager: Paul Walker
Stadium: Hyde Park (Cap: 35,000)

New team hit the Premier division 2

Paddington Court have returned to top flight football with promotion to the new Master League Structure. they have joined the likes of Norwich, Bolton and Hearts in an attempt to get into the Premier Division 1.
Manager Paul Walker is Looking FOward to a competative season ahead. "Its grat to be back in the Premiership and for the lads here they can finally acheive there goals". Walker also told of players to look out for in the comming seasons. "We have alot of good players and a few who will become house hold names of the future no doubt. Kevin Reeves was once an England U21 captin and is a complete midfeild player, Hes only 23 and has the potential to be a world class player that i have no doubt about".

Dispite the confidence in his squad Walker has pointed out that he will be realistic about his teams goals this season. "we can compete with all the teams in this division but i will only expect my team to stableise themselves in the division and that is a goal i feel we can easly reach, anything more is a bonus".

PADDINGTON C. 2 - 1 BOLTON
Fallon 6, 47 ------ Okocha 26

Paddington Courts Opining game went exactly to plan as Welsh youngster Mike Fallon Scored a brace to ease his team into a hard fought victory. Fallon 20, who scored 10 goals in 23 appearences last season scored after only 6 mins in great fasion. he closed down Gardener to win the ball and ran 20 yards before unleashing a stunning shot with the outside of the boot. Bolton then took control of the game creating a number of chances before Okocha taped home a rebound after some scappy defence from Paddington. Bolton Then look dangerouse and Paddington had to dig in there heels until half time. In the second half Paddington again started brightly and when Irish Winger Ifil received a brilliant through ball from Costello he wipped a fantastic cross to meet the head of Fallon and give the lead back to the Blues.
The game then went into a very scrappy affair and both teams failed to create a single chance. Walker though was very pleased with the points. "Bolton have been a very strong force in the last couple of seasons and to get a win against them shows the strenght of the team. we started both halves Brilliantly and then had to dig deep to keep them at bay".

Last edited:
A tale of two Defenders...

s4m7a.jpg
s4m7b.jpg

Maritimo meet Sporting Lisbon for Portuguese supremacy this evening, as Season 4 nears the halfway stage.

The Islanders are coming off the back of a win against Espanyol whilst the Lisbon outfit suffered a shock 2-1 home defeat by Levante, and have dropped to 5th in the table. A win for either side would give them considerable bragging rights, especially on Madeira, where many people follow the local side alongside one of the Big 3.

Mallorca 10
Maritimo 9
-----------
Espanyol 8
Levante 8
Sporting L 7
Getafe 6
Albacete 4
Numancia 2

Everything points to a dramatic night in downtown Funchal, and two players who know the atmosphere and rivalry between the two teams best, are full back Mario Sergio and centre back Tonel. Sergio is now in his second season for the green and red's after moving from the capital at the beginning of last season. Tonel on the other hand made his way to the mainland in the summer and is still finding his feet in the visitors green and white hoops.

MS "It'll be a classic game, that's for sure. I know what it was like at Sporting when we had to come here, what with the flight and the choppy landing, it wasn't exactly welcoming if you know what I mean."

Tonel "Yeah, I'd have to agree with Mario on that one. Maritimo have always tradionally had a strong home record because of the location. I know the boys are up for the game and we've got quite a number of fans coming across too, I'm looking forward to seeing my family too after quite a few months away. It's certainly going to be a spectacle and most of Portugal will be following the game on tv or on the radio."

MS "From our perspective, if we could get the 3 points that would be a huge boost, especially as it'll mean maintaining second place at the very least. There's a buzz about the city and the Island as a whole, I think they really feel we can achieve something this season, although I don't want to speak too much about it, just in case!"

Tonel "I had 3 happy seasons here under Mr Simao, and I wish him and all my former pals the best of luck. But I'm at a new team now and we need the win, to get us right back in the title hunt. For a club like Sporting, it would be a disaster not to go up this season, we can't allow negative thinking to permeate the dressing room and that's why we are confident that we'll be flying back on saturday with the victory."

Paddington C 3 - 0 Southampton
Fallon 2 Castello 43(pen), 64(pen)

Paddington Continued with there impressive start in the Prem Div 2. the scoreline may not be an honest assessment of the match with Southampton controling long spells of the game. Fallon again Was at the end of a Ifil cross to put the West Londoners 1-0 up within 2 mins as the usuall early start from paddington emerged. southampton then had 3 great chances to come back but with goalkeeper Smith on fine form and a wasteful effort from pahars it was not to be there day. Roberto Costello then suddenly came alive and the Brazillian started to cause problems to Southamptons defenders. on the 43rd minute came the disiding moment as Costello beat Lesaux and the left back desperatly lunged to win the ball but instead took out the lanky Brazilian. Costello brush himself doen and cooly slotted home the penalty to ern his first goal of the season. the second half began with a very open 15 mins with both teams having attempts saved by both keepers. Then Ifil received he ball on the right and again was brought down by Lesaux who was then Yellow carded by the Ref. Costello again calmly put the ball into the net and Paddington were on there way to anoother 3 points in just a week.

Then the game tuned sour Van Damme Took out Costellos legs and with that had his machin orders from the ref. Manager Paul Walker was obveiously was not very happy "it one of those heart in the mouth moment really, robbie (roberto Castello) was clattred by there defender and i thought it was gunna be a seriouse one but someone up there must like me coz he walked away with just a bit of brusing". "All in all though we played better in this game then last week and though the score flattered us a bit but you have to take the luck when it comes your way". Paddington now sit in second place behind Hearts ion Goal Difference and paul walker was delighted with the start his team made. "Its great when you have a run like we are but you have to keep your feet on the ground and tell the lads that a bad run can easly start if we get complacent. but we are winning at home which is the catalyst to a successful season".

Vitória Sport Clube de Guimarães Season 2007/2008

European Delight

guimaraeslogo.gif
V. Guimaraes 2 (Hugo Almeida 2' 13')
marseillelogo.gif
Marseille 0

Last night saw Guimarães book their place in the first round group stage of the WEFA Champions League, after defeating Marseille 2-0 in front of a sold out Estadio Afonso Henriques. Hugo Almeida's early brace rushed the home side into a commanding lead in the final qualifying game.
Guimarães now face a tough battle to qualify for the knock-out stages, in a group which will see them face Chelsea FC, Inter Milan and Real Madrid. Earlier today, Guimarães Manager Professor Nutmeg said: "We are undoubtedly the underdogs in our group, but that suits us fine. The pressure is not on us to perform. And when there is no pressure you are less nervous and less likely to make mistakes. If we fail to go through, it's not a disaster. If Real, Chelsea or Inter fail to go through, it's unforgivable...so we shall see."

Guimarães submitted their 24 man squad to WEFA headquarters today:

GUARDA REDES:

1 Vander
23 Fatecha

DEFESA:

50 Tigrao
2 Amoreirinha
4 Chinchilla
13 Bruno Alves
12 Dragoner
15 Tiago Gomes
77 Alemao
3 Areias

MÉDIO:

8 Machado
6 M. Fernandes
10 Sa Pinto
17 Momo
5 Nilton
55 Rodrigo
14 Teixera
16 Leandro B.
7 Carlos Martins
25 Noushevar

AVANÇADO:

11 Hugo Almeida
9 Paulo Sergio
17 Juanlu
18 Nikolic

Last edited:
Inqpired by our annual holiday in France (and by daily readings of France Football and L'Equipe), i started a new "french ML.
I decided to play with the most belgian of all French teams: Lille (LOSC).
Unfortunately a couple of their new signings are not in the game: Lichtensteiner, Gygax (both Swiss) and Moroccan midfielder Abcherouane.
My current team:

GK: Tony Silva

CB: Tavlaridis
CB: Schmitz
RB: Chalmé
LB: Tafforeau

DMF: Dumont
DMF: Makoun
RMF: Audel
LMF: Acimovic
OMF: Bodmer (Captain)

FW: Moussillou

After 7 matches i'm currently top of the league together with Lyon, followed by Bordeaux who are 3 points after both leaders.
Moussillou is a great forward and Bodmer is already one of my favourite players of PES4.
Finally again a ML which thrills me again.

Thanks a lot mate.
I will buy him in the first transfer window...
By the way, my next match is against Toulouse....(they have bought a couple of good players, but your good frined Dalmat has left them...)

Wow some nice stories and activeness in our thread lately guys ;)

Keep it up! :)

And yeah Les Violets have seriously had a great summer by making their squad a whole lot more stronger and they are on same par with Rennes, Lens now among other teams who can fight for a European spot or get one via cup glory.

Sochaux has had a bad summer though and not only lost manager who had taken club forward a bit in last 4-5 years in Guy LAcombe but has also lost key players like Santos, Mathieu, Monsareau and i'm forgetting someone I know .. :roll: but basically their STAR players and ones that I looked at and joined Sochaux for in my previos ML if you remember. So the back bone is gone and thye haven't brough in quality replacements but there's still some talented players there like Zairi, Ilan, Isabey the captain and rest of squad is descent while they have the wonderkid, Jeremy Menez among with few other promising youth so it'll be interesting to see what type of season they'll have.

Surely not good enough to be fighting for European spot i dont think but maybe not that bad either.. I reckonn a 10th place or lower finish for them. 14th -9th place or something.

what do ya guys reckon?

take care

s4m7c.jpg

Maritimo 2 Sporting 0

The Islanders simply blew their Lisbon neighbours off the park, with a performance ofcontrol, fluidity and most of all panache.

On 38 minutes, Edgar simply dinked a chip over the advancing keeper and moments later the squat Angolan almost added to his tally, hitting
the top of the bar from a header.

Esteves and Ogjanovic both came close as Sporting buckled, and Lobaton added the second from the spot on the stroke of full time, after
subsitute Jadid was tripped just inside the area.

Other Results :
Levanet 0 Mallorca 0 / Espanyol 0 Getafe 2 / Albacete 3 Numancia 2

Promotion and winning the league looks like a good prospect for you.

Another thing that lady on your Avator is the one in that 50 Cent and Shaggy video...whats her name...had she got a official website?

Professor Nutmeg said:
Who you playing with at the mo' PLF?
I have a young Iranian in my squad, Noushevar ;) He's a ML created player.
Heheh I'm not currently playin Prof, it kinda sucks but I can't play with stats that I see wrong in mL cuz it turns mee off :( I know it sucks but that means I can only really enjoy ML when I'm done with my data and just when I was done with it for LE.. I only had 3-4 weeks to enjoy it and now WE9 is here and I have to start work again :roll:

So I don't think i'll have a serious ML where we pay attention to every player.. and have our rules and you know the one we ENJOY until after summer transfer window closes when my data should be released or not. :( for now i'll just do exhibitions and other stuff on WE9.

Take care and yeah Noushevar was ONLY persian guy who was a youth in ML and would come up after season 1 or 2.. I actually upated his looks a bit in my data which I don't suppose you're using.. to loook more IRanian and stuff.. ;) but never got to using him as I didn't buy him in 2nd season and then WE9 came :roll:

Take care guys and lookin forward to reading more :)

Hey PLF...i read your thrad about your data and i must say that i'm really impressed...i bought myself the device from Datel to transfer files from the CPU to PS2 (not the Xport, the other one...forgot the name of it...) but somehow it just doesn't work for me. When i inset the memory stick in my PS2 it mentions that there is no data to transfer...don't know what i'm doing wrong...does somebody over here have a clue???? (sorry to be off-topic, but since this is my favourite thread i figured that i would have more chance to have some help).

Gerd, do you mean the Max Drive? You may have to do some file converting (eg when i edit data i have to cnvert the .max file to a .xps in order to edit, then convert it back to a .max file in order to stick it back on my PS2). Or perhaps you need to uncrush your .max file to your PS2 memory card as opposed to just transferring it (uncrushed and therefore unreadable) to your PS2 card.

PLF, i know what you mean. I enjoy realsism too in PES, but only as far proper names, current transfers and line ups etc. Sure i like stats to be as accurate as possible, but no matter how much you do, once you begin a ML the com takes over. It will make a slow CB fast, a bad shooter, amazingly accurate, your decent players, bad etc. So you have to take it with a pinch of salt. If i worried too much, i'd never play it :lol:
One question. Your data file. What format is it in? a .max/.xps file?

Stringer Bell said:
Promotion and winning the league looks like a good prospect for you.

Another thing that lady on your Avator is the one in that 50 Cent and Shaggy video...whats her name...had she got a official website?

cheers mate. Well I won't be counting any galinhas! With the national characteristic of saudade, i'm sure the Madeiran public won't be getting their hopes up just yet.

Chessika Cartwright is the buxom bapped beauty btw. No official site yet that I'm aware but a few blogs and things springing up - http://chessika.skyblog.com/

db

Yes Prof, i mean a maxidrive...
Uptill now i never tried to edit option files, so i guess i don't need to conveert these data.
If you mean by "uncrush" unzipping...well i have done that...i really don't know what i do wrong (but as you might have noticed i'm not very tecnically skilled..i'm from a generation that had to learn everything about computers in their professional life...and well ...i feel a litle bit like a dinosaur...when my kids will be grown up they will laugh with their dads "skills").
Thanks for the kind help anyway...

Ok, so you've downloaded PLF's OF. If it's a .max file that's fine. If it's a .xps you need to convert it with the converter application.
Make sure you have installed the PC disc for the Max drive software on your PC.
Once you have your .max file transfer i to your maxdrive USB stick. I know it sounds funny but make sure it transfers properly.
Now hop over to your PS2. Insert the USB stick, the max disc and boot it up.
Go to 'My devices' -> select the maxdrive, (you should now see a PES4 OF) select it and select 'Uncrush' (NOT 'move' or 'copy') to Memory card 1 (or 2).
That's the general process of getting a file from you PC to your PS2.
Hope it helps.

PN :)

Last edited:
Thanks Prof...
One more question (it will sound stupid, but i'm not quite sure about this). I have installed the Max Drive Software on my PC, do i have to put the the disc in when downloading an option file (i don't think so...well uptil now i never did).
When i read what you tried to explain to me, i never see a PES4 OF when having selected maxdrive on my devices.

No you don't need the disc after that. But you need to open the Max drive application on your PC to put the file on the USB stick.
If you didn't see the OF in 'my devices' whilst looking at the USB device, then it can't be on it, is what i'm thinking.

Back
Top Bottom