The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

RuneEdge said:
Are any of you using the default team?
Hi mate

when u say default, I presume you mean the rogues & ruffians known as Castello, Valery, Ximines etc.. ?

I started with them (as does the Proff in some ML's) although I took option 3 allowing me to swop 3 of them at the start.

db

denirobob said:
hi pal,

Thats President Pereira going behind my back again!

I thought that had all been sorted out after the debacle in pre-season 1 with Raul Meireles & Cesar Peixoto.

It's one thing for the bearded buffon to call for the title and quite another to weasel his way into the recruitment of players without my knowledge.

Mr Simao is not amused.

db
:lol: :mrgreen:

FC Utrecht
Funds: 192243
Team Salary: 11396

Squad Players

Goalkeepers

Stekelenburg
Bruno Vale

Defenders

Schut (Captain)
Van Buyten
Verhaegh
Braafheid
Vidic
Hagui
Spector
Ripson
Zuidam

Midfielders

Yebda
Agustien
Eremenko Jr.
Kolk
Bakke
Be. Cheyrou
Bodde
Ludvigsen
J. De Jong
Knopper

Forwards

Jun
Rajcomar (Star Player)
El Gaaouiri
Wisse
Leitoe

Currently 6th in the WEFA Team Rankings.

Honors won:

Promoted to Division 1 2005
Division 2 League 2005
Division 2 Cup 2005
Runner-up Division 1 Cup 2005
WEFA Masters Cup 2008
Division 1 League 2010
Division 1 Cup 2010
Division 1 League 2011
WEFA Championship 2011

Download here: http://rapidshare.de/files/3319314/FC_Utrecht_ML_Data.zip.html

2005-07-29desg.jpg

Maritimo face two intruguing home fixtures over the weekend, starting this evening when they host an out of sorts Albacete, where Antonio Pacheco once again gets the opportunity to face his old teammates.

Then on Sunday evening they welcome a revamped Numancia, who looked by far the better side when drawing 2-2 with Sporting on the opening day.

s4m2prev.jpg

Matabuena will be missing from both matches after his reckless yellow then red card, for which the club have fined him a maximum of two weeks wages, so it may well mean Mendes da Silva will be handed another starting berth, despite his poor showing on his debut.

With the Lisbon lions hosting Mallorca tonight and then facing Espanyol away, the four matches will give Portuguese fans a much better clue as to which of their Country's sides is most likely to prosper in the season ahead.

Hello guys,

I assume you will all start a new ML when PES5/WE9 will be released..? But I wonder where you guys look at to start with a new team.. I have done so many ML already with WE8LW but I never play it longer then 1 season or even less. So with WE9/PES5 I want to start a real good ML which will last longer then 1 season.. But I really dont know how to start it.. I would like to start in a ML in Italy but also Holland is nice.. But its also great to start a ML with default team.. But all options have their good and bad points so I always start a ML which my mood wants..
But what do you guys look at and which with team will you start ML in we9/pes5? (if you already know that)

Cheers

Excellent stuff as always db, still enjoying the Maritimo saga.

I tired of my Verona ML after about four seasons, mostly because I was itching to start a new game with PLF Data and all the summer transfers. First I tried an Aston Villa ML but it didn't hold much of a challenge, so that didn't last long.

Since I have recently done a Holland/Germany/France ML, an Italian ML and a short-lived Premiership ML, the obvious choice was to head south west to the sunny Iberian peninsular. I loaded up the esteemed PLF Data, updated it with all the summer transfers (up to and including Davids->Spurs), and then created Celta Vigo over PES Utd - I needed a 24th Iberian team to round off the league (3 Portuguese plus 21 Spanish). It's interesting that Celta Vigo were not in PES4 and yet the players' callnames still exist in the commentary, which was handy ;)

I then made a shortlist of the worst Spanish teams available and settled on Levante UD. This was partly based on their kit ;) and also on the fact that they have sold a number of their first team players this summer since their relegation last season, leaving me with a threadbare squad. Hopefully it will be a fun challenge.

Maritimo 3
Loovens (2), Esteves (81), Edgar (90)
Albacete 1
R Castro (82)

loovens.jpg
Loovens - struck early

Maritimo got back on track with a comfortable victory which helped to erase the memory of defeat at Mallorca.

Once again the Madeirans capitalised before many of the spectators had got into their seats, as Glenn Loovens defltly flicked a header past the goalkeeper from N'doye's free kick.

The rest of the game saw the Spaniards getting men behind the ball in a futile attempt to try cut down the space the home side was constantly finding.

On 81, Ricardo Esteves pounched on Pacheco's through pass to calmly score and despite a sharp turn & shot by Castro on the edge of the box to reduce the defecit, Edgar didn't take long to increase the lead as once again Pacheco's angled throughball sliced through the Albacete backline and gave the Angolan an easy finish.

20050103dasdaiftb_13_I_SCO.jpg
Ruben Castro - Albacete's only silver lining

other results :

Sporting 1 Mallorca 0 / Levante 1 Espanyol 1 / Numancia 1 Getafe 1

--

Maritimo 1
Moulongui (18 )
Numancia 0

edgarinjured.jpg
Edgar - will be out for 1 week

Numancia can count themselves very unfortunate not to have got a point at the very least, after being superior to the Portuguese side for most of the 90 minutes.

Perhaps using the maxim of winning whilst not playing well, a solitary Moulongui strike on 18 minutes was enough to see Maritimo home, although at times it was back to the walls defending as the away side exercised a stronghold over the middle of the park.

Despite picking up the 3 points, there was alarm for Mr Simao as Edgar went down clutching his calf, although thankfully the injury isn't serious and will see the former Malaga hitman miss only Wednesday's match away at Getafe.

other results :

Getafe 1 Mallorca 2 / Albacete 2 Levante 1 / Espanyol 2 Sporting 1

GFK said:
Hello guys,

I assume you will all start a new ML when PES5/WE9 will be released..? But I wonder where you guys look at to start with a new team.. I have done so many ML already with WE8LW but I never play it longer then 1 season or even less. So with WE9/PES5 I want to start a real good ML which will last longer then 1 season.. But I really dont know how to start it.. I would like to start in a ML in Italy but also Holland is nice.. But its also great to start a ML with default team.. But all options have their good and bad points so I always start a ML which my mood wants..
But what do you guys look at and which with team will you start ML in we9/pes5? (if you already know that)

Cheers

Hi mate

I've already got it down to a choice between 2 clubs for my PES5 ML. Almost certain to use real players next time (a first for me!)

Will announce which one nearer the time although it'll probably depend on which new club sides are in the game.

db

nerf said:
Excellent stuff as always db, still enjoying the Maritimo saga.

I tired of my Verona ML after about four seasons, mostly because I was itching to start a new game with PLF Data and all the summer transfers. First I tried an Aston Villa ML but it didn't hold much of a challenge, so that didn't last long.

Since I have recently done a Holland/Germany/France ML, an Italian ML and a short-lived Premiership ML, the obvious choice was to head south west to the sunny Iberian peninsular. I loaded up the esteemed PLF Data, updated it with all the summer transfers (up to and including Davids->Spurs), and then created Celta Vigo over PES Utd - I needed a 24th Iberian team to round off the league (3 Portuguese plus 21 Spanish). It's interesting that Celta Vigo were not in PES4 and yet the players' callnames still exist in the commentary, which was handy ;)

I then made a shortlist of the worst Spanish teams available and settled on Levante UD. This was partly based on their kit ;) and also on the fact that they have sold a number of their first team players this summer since their relegation last season, leaving me with a threadbare squad. Hopefully it will be a fun challenge.

Celta were in WE8 so that might be why mate. Good choice Levante - I would of suggested Numancia otherwise, but as u say theyve had a clearout and are looking pretty weak now.

Boa Sorte!

db

s4m4.jpg

Getafe 3
Riki 4,58 Miguel Angel 88
Maritimo 0

Portuguese thrown to the lions at the Coliseum

Maritimo's season continued to lurch from one extreme to the other after a physically dominant Getafe side blew them apart at the Coliseum Alfonso Perez.

Riki opened the scoring on 4 minutes as he muscled the normally reliable Alves off the ball and beat Semghoun with a low drive.

Pacheco wasn't enjoying the rough treatment he was receiving, and was replaced at half time by Akin, but the Turk cut an anymous figure as the Spanish smothered the away sides passing and showed a willingness to get stuck in that unsettled the Madeirans.

s4m4b.jpg

On 58, Riki was again on target, as a fierce half volley caught the big German keeper napping and Miguel Angel added a third just before the end to leave the table looking like this....

Espanyol 8
Mallorca 7
Sporting L 7
Maritimo 6
Getafe 5
Levante 5
Albacete 3
Numancia 2

--
Other Results :
Sporting L 2 Albacete 0 / Mallorca 0 Espanyol 0 / Levante 1 Numancia 0

denirobob said:
Hi mate

I've already got it down to a choice between 2 clubs for my PES5 ML. Almost certain to use real players next time (a first for me!)

Will announce which one nearer the time although it'll probably depend on which new club sides are in the game.

db

Hey db, will it be announced in Nyon, drawn from a golden envelope before an audience? :D

So you reckon you know who you'll start an ML with in PES5? If the Bundesliga is licensed, that would be quite tempting. I'm definitely drawn in by the licensed kits/team names etc, hence why my first PES4 ML was with Cagliari in Serie A.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Hey db, will it be announced in Nyon, drawn from a golden envelope before an audience? :D

So you reckon you know who you'll start an ML with in PES5? If the Bundesliga is licensed, that would be quite tempting. I'm definitely drawn in by the licensed kits/team names etc, hence why my first PES4 ML was with Cagliari in Serie A.

hey mate

more likely by a senile bert millichip rummaging around in his velvet ball bag!! :)

I've def got it down to a choice of two. I agree that the license does add that extra bit of prestige to it - but after doing a Stuutgart ML i think i want to try my hand somewhere else.

I'd like to see which new clubs are put in this time - someone like basle for instance would be good.

Only shame is the ML structure seems to be exactly the same :(

db

Yes indeed, Basel would be great, but they arent ingame. Rumours are going that Malmo is being licensed. If so then I will chose that one.. Only shame ML structure is so horrible and still the same.
Although I dont mind creating an own club cause the editing possibilities for that have grown enormous in WE9/PES5!
But first get my hands on WE9 then I will investigate further.

Cheers

I hear you guys. I dabbled with FC Basel in an ML (kits, crest, numbers etc looked quite good. Teams like that are good choices for the likes of me, because they're small and understated (no need for stars) yet they often feature in Europe (where i generally end up) - a balance i like to strike. However, as you say, one has to create an odd ML pool of teams for the league.
The Portuguese Superliga would be fantastic, because you could be a big fish in your domestic league but a relative minnow in Europe. Shame Nokami can't get that league licensed. Boavista would be a good example to use, i think.
But yeah, i'll wait and see who's included in PES5. No doubt Fenerbahce will be back. I wonder if Besiktas will go. Choices choices... :)

Last edited:
Professor Nutmeg said:
I hear you guys. I dabbled with FC Basel in an ML (kits, crest, numbers etc looked quite good. Teams like that are good choices for the likes of me, because they're small and understated (no need for stars) yet they often feature in Europe (where i generally end up) - a balance i like to strike. However, as you say, one has to create an odd ML pool of teams for the league.
The Portuguese Superliga would be fantastic, because you could be a big fish in your domestic league but a relative minnow in Europe. Shame Nokami can't get that league licensed. Boavista would be a good example to use, i think.
But yeah, i'll wait and see who's included in PES5. No doubt Fenerbahce will be back. I wonder if Besiktas will go. Choices choices... :)

Id love that mate. I'm sure it's really not that expensive either - if the Premiership is out of reach i'd be quite happy with more smaller leagues all correct. Scottish Prem too maybe.

Getting the Dutch league opened up a whole new world of players & teams that enhanced my knowledge no end, so the more that happens the better.

db

I will be for sure an created team when I start my ML. The edit possibilities are endless now! You really can create every kind of shirt. No more stupid plain colours as you can create your own colours. Way more types of nnumber and letter styles. Really great. Even Boavista can be easily created! Now I just have to think of which League I will enter with my created club. I think Spain..

Amen to that. So they've included all kinds of shirt designs this time (stripes and all)?

Iberian Div 2 Cup - 1st Round : 1st Leg

Levante 1
Maritimo 1

Cracking cup tie, in which both teams played their part and will be happy to settle for a draw.

Moulongui's second half strike after 53 minutes looked to have tilted the balance of the tie in favour of Maritimo, but a late equaliser from Sergio Garcia leaves the second leg nicely poised.

Edgar also managed to miss a penalty, hitting the angle of post and bar much to the relief of Cavallero in the Levante goal.

Other results :

Mallorca 1 Albacete 0 / Espanyol 1 Numancia 0 / Sporting L 1 Getafe 1

-------------------------------------------

s4m6a.jpg

Maritimo 1
Espanyol 0

Maritimo kept up their 100% home record with a 1-0 victory over a classy Espanyol side and made up for the humiliating 3-0 loss at Getafe with this confidence boosting win.

In added time the unfortunate Pochettino deflected the ball past Kameni after Moulongui's optomistic drive had hit the post and been followed up by N'doye.

s4m6b.jpg

Overall it was a great advert for Division 2 football, with both sides carving out good chances, inparticular when Tamudo brought a fine save from Semghoun which the jug eared German did superbly well to palm behind.

Other results :

Numancia 1 Mallorca 2 / Albacete 1 Getafe 1 / Sporting L 1 Levante 2

denirobob said:
not this chap by any chance mate? faked his own suicide and then turned up decades later plying his trade in Ligue 1 ;)

fallandriseofreginaldperrin1.jpeg

LMAO :mrgreen:

My brother watches that show....it's that one where that black posh guy is living in some second rate flat and the landlord, Perrin, keeps trying to suciduce this women...great british comedy :applause:

Stringer Bell said:
LMAO :mrgreen:

My brother watches that show....it's that one where that black posh guy is living in some second rate flat and the landlord, Perrin, keeps trying to suciduce this women...great british comedy :applause:

hi mate

Actually i think these are two different programmes although the actor Leonard Rossiter is in both.

Yeah thats right - he's a bigoted idiot and the chap (name escapes me) has to put up with his nonsense. The lady is called Mrs Jones i think.

Porridge is prob my all time fav aongside Only Fools & Horses

db

Back
Top Bottom