The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Stan said:
Well, i guess now PES5 can hit the shelves...
Congratulations to Mr Simao.
I wonder what Guillem Balague will think of Maritimo's odds with the big boys...
With the money that comes with promotion Mr Simao can buy a couple of decent players in order to avoid relegation.
Well said! :applause:

Congrats DB on this amazing achievement of promoting Maritimo to top Iberian league for first time in their history :mrgreen:

Good Afternoon Chaps!

Many thanks for all your kind words of support and congratulations, they are very much appreciated.

I should hopefully, never have to buy a drink in Funchal ever again!

Mr Simao's contract has a year to run, and whilst the President may want to extend it, I'd prefer to go out in a blaze of glory/infamy and look to pastures new (100% certain it'll be France for Pes5) after 1 season in the top flight.

The team will need strengthening but only with quality players although i don't have the budget i would like, so it could be a bit of a Sam Allardyce situation.

Anyway, much more to come next week.... have a splendid bh weekend all of you.

Ate breve!!

db

Championship decider turns out to be a huge dissappointment for the neutral fan...

The match that Lyon and Lille played in le stade de Gerland was a huge disappointment for the fans. Both clubs have dominated the championship and the whole of France was looking forward to this possible decider.
Things didn't look to promising for visiting club Lille: according to their Belgian coach the Lille players showed signs of fatigue after the hard Cup match in ther Parc des Princes against PSG (1-1).
His Lyon counterpart Houillier made a strange team selection. He preferred Jacqmot to star man Juninho...
What followed was a hyper-nervous and very defensive match. Lille began the match better but they missed the scarce possibilities they could create.
In the second half there really was only one team on the pitch: Lyon.
But somehow Lille could hold on to the 0-0 and still leads the league by goal difference.
After the match Lille's Belgian coach fairly conceded that Lyon deserved the win and are the logical championship favourites, but "somehow my team don't want to give up...".
French football fans are at least garanteed a thriller for the rest of the championship, although Lilles next match in Auxerre could prove to be the spoiler for les Chtis...Forward Moussilou and midfielders Chiumiento and Abcherouane are injured while other key players like Tafforeau, Makoun and Bodmer have yellow card suspensions...

As predicted in my earlier post Lille's match in Auxerre proved to be a deception.
The situation before the start of the match: Lille was first with equal point with Lyon but a better goal difference.
Lille had to play Auxerre with a B-team due to injuries and suspensions.
In the first half Auxerre were clearly the better team which resulted in an early lead by Luigi Pieroni (beautifull header). That they did not score more was due to a fantastic performance of GK Tony Silva who had some great saves...
In the second half Lille played all or nothing and the match became a spectacle of attacks (Lille) and counter-attacks. Early on in the second half things looked desperate for Lille when Acimovic was sent off for a second yellow card.
But Auxerre did not succeed in doubling the advantage and Lille became the better team. In the 82th minute Tafforeau passed to Dumont who scored with a howler from outside the box. Afterwards Lille had several occasions to win the match (which would not be fair for Auxerre). Final result: 1-1. Lyon won their match, so Lille lost their first position. Nevertheless this was one of the most satisfying matches i have played for a long time...I really enjoy this ML...

Bordeaux Fall At Last Hurdle

Paris SG 65pts
Lyon 63pts
Bordeaux 62pts

The Ligue 1 title race came to a conclusion last night as Paris Saint-Germain were crowned champions of France. Bordeaux, who managed to top the table in the closing games, lost their momentum with a back to back loss and draw, allowing both PSG and Lyon to leapfrog them in the table. A last day 3-0 home win against Nantes was however in vain. On the plus side, striker Jean-Claude Darcheville picked up the top scorer award, whilst Monaco's Uruguyan forward, Ernesto Chevanton, was voted Best Overall Player.
So it's into the off season now and manager Professor Nutmeg is looking to bring in reinforcements. On loan striker Ellery Cairo has rejoined Hertha Berlin, likewise Spanish left back Mingo has rejoined Albacete. So far, PN has brought in the giant teenage Brazilian forward, Ribeiro, on a free, who at 17 years old, stands 199 cm tall. Dutch full back Zuidam has also joined on a Bosman free transfer. PN also recruited Bayern's young striking talent Guerrero and ex-Chievo centre back, Cesar.

Maritimo bolster their squad

s5ps7.jpg

Habib Beye, Marseille's Senegalese defender has put pen to paper on a free transfer from the Stade Velodrome. Fairly tall, athletic and pacy, he is able to operate in the centre of defence, is equally comfortable at full back or on the outside of a back 3.

s5ps6.jpg

s5ps5.jpg

The African also claims to have one of the longest throws in World football, something that gives the Madeiran side that extra armoury from positions in the opponents last third.

s5ps1.jpg

The other exciting addition to the team is Albacete's Ruben Castro. With Pacheco only able to produce cameo performances thesedays and Edgar's form blowing hot and cold, a quality stroke partner for Eric Moulongui was needed.

s5ps2.jpg

The young target man ticks most if not all of the boxes - with an awareness in front of goal that should prove to be the perfect foil for the more muscular power based game of the Gabonese hitman.

s5ps3.jpg

President Periera has also opened negotiations with former Porto midfield enforcer Costinha.

Costinha's advisers suggested that their client would be keen on a move to Maritimo, although the player appeared to be more keen on returning to France, and appears to be using the Islanders as a bargaining tool to get -what he wants and to up his potential wages.

--

images429105_chievo_noen_s.jpg

The Portuguese kick off the first of their 4 frendlies tonight as they host Chievo, one of a handful of Italian sides to visit the Atlantic Island over the next week.
Mr Simao has decided that with home form so vital for the club in the first division, that the club will spend the entire pre-season at home, decling to accept a lucrative offer to visit Mexico and Venezuela, and see's the Flying Donkeys as a particularly stern test.

s5ps9.jpg

He made me an offer I couldn't refuse

s5ps11.jpg

Chievo president Luca Campedelli describes how Maritimo's President Pereira convinced him to part with shaven headed midfielder Matteo Brighi after the two teams met in a freindly last night.

s5ps10.jpg
Brighi, in action against Siena

Brighi caught Simao's eye with his technique and time on the ball in an entertaining 1-1 draw, with the Verona based side. And with his ability to construct moves from deep inside his own half, causing the home defence all sorts of problems, the Englishman had seen more than enough to table a sizeable bid, which included letting Abel Lobaton go to Italy.

s5ps8.jpg

His Chievo counterpart Giuseppe Pillon was less enthused with the news, bemoaning the fact that "I don't really need an extra forward, but now I need to find myself another midfielder!"

s5ps13.jpg
After 4 great years, the pint size Peruvian leaves for pastures new

and finally......Costinha turns down Madeirans and joins PSG

s5ps12.jpg

Professor Nutmeg said:
Sorry Db, i didn't read your post - just looked at your avatar instead :mryellow:

Brighi - good call

ahh the sulty Aylar Lie, an understandable reaction my friend.

You know what mate - I keep thinking of you like the chap below - only instead of trying to go back in time, your working on the intricacies of the sweeper system or 4-3-3!

Dr.%20Emmett%20L.%20Brown.JPG

Brighi just completely bossed the game against me, and with Lobaton as the makeweight the flying donkeys couldnt say no. I know technically an Italian plying his trade in Portugal is quite unusual, but from what i gather Brighi is something of a lost soul (a footballing littlest hobo) and the bright lights of the Iberian 1st Division were enough to entice him.

db

Season 2004

Well I’ve started a new ML since my FC Utrecht one. I created a team by the name of Galicia Mantar, it’s a made up Spanish team based in the Galician region. I haven’t traded any players my team is the full default players. Baroja is the captain of the team (his Spanish lol); he is kind of like a 35 year old version Wayne Rooney. I’ve started in Div2 with three of the top Portuguese teams, two crap Spanish teams and two mid-table Spanish teams. Div1 consist of the top and mid-table Spanish teams. The three other leagues are an Italian League, English League and a Super League with the best of the other teams.

Finished 6th in my first season, my squad wasn’t strong enough to get promoted. FC Porto and Sporting Lisbon got promoted while Getafe CF and CD Numancia were relegated. Also made it to the final four of the Div2 Cup before getting beaten by FC Porto in the semi-finals.

In the transfer window I brought Zapata a left-sided midfielder from River Plate, he can also play as a left back and a Defensive Midfielder. To add to my Midfield I bought Diarra, a DMF who can play as a CMF, on a free transfer…not sure what club he came from but he is 19 and is from Mali (if you know about him tell me). I also brought in Sergio Ramos from Seville, who is a good young RB (I’m sure you all heard of him). M. Angel Nunez was brought in to bolster defense. I was looking for a striker to bring in but the three FW I was looking for wouldn’t come to my club and there was one Negation day left, so I had to gamble on buying Xisco of Villarreal CF, which paid of because his going to be a real quality player in the future.

Players to leave were Burchet who I sold to PSV, Zamenhof to RC Deportivo and Harty retired.

I have started my second season. I’m second in the league with two games won, one drawn and one loss. Got a good chance of getting promoted but Getafe, R, Sociedad and RCD Espanyol can cause a problem. But let’s see how the season gets on.

Last edited:
Wow.. :mrgreen:

That was a lot of stories to read.

Good to see all the usuals back with Gerd keeping me entertained with geat Ligue 1 stories that always wet my appetite for another ML in that amazing league.

DB's Maritomo story continues and I see you've got one of Marseille's best players in my opinion in form of Habib Beye.

Some great pics selected too DB, you're always magical in finding them like the one at airport ;) I don't know how you do it :).

and now our boy Stringer is back hahhaa..

only Nerf is missing and me. But i wont be doing one for a while.

take care guys and keep it up, lookin forward to reading more when i have time.

And nice selection of pics for your avatar DB, makes it all the more enjoyable seeking out threads that you post in ;)

denirobob said:
ahh the sulty Aylar Lie, an understandable reaction my friend.

You know what mate - I keep thinking of you like the chap below - only instead of trying to go back in time, your working on the intricacies of the sweeper system or 4-3-3!

Dr.%20Emmett%20L.%20Brown.JPG

db

Well, i hate to dispel the myth, but i look more like....

Colin%20Farrell.jpg

Flux capacitors just aren't my bag. I also avoid phonebooths too. :mryellow:

Maritimo Pre Season results...

v Chievo 1-1 (D)
v Fiorentina 1-0 (W) N'doye
v Lecce 0-1 (L)
v Sampdoria 3-1 (W) R.Castro 2, Moulongui

Youngster Ruben Castro struck a brace for Maritimo in the club's final warm-up match as his partnership with Eric Moulongui began to show signs of what the Madeiran public can come to expect in the coming months.

s5ps17.jpg

The Spaniard also appeared to relish once again teaming up with his former partner at Albacete, Antonio Pacheco, and already looks like becoming a firm favourite with the fans.

--

s5ps14.jpg

Maritimo considers Meyong bid

The Cameroonian striker currently plying his trade for Vitoria Setubal, is known to be rated highly by Mr Simao, as he finalises his squad for the upcoming Division 1 campaign.

With rumours circulating of a change in formation, it is possible that another target man may be sought after, although with interest from a number of other top ranking sides, the chaces of success and securing the player's signature appear to be limited.

--

s5ps16.jpg
Marcos - experienced custodian will be sorely missed

Marcos, Jadid and Rui Marques leave...whilst Eusebio retires

After the departure of Peruvian forward Abel Lobaton, Mr Simao has continued to balance the books and try to reduce the wage bill.

Veteran goalkeeper Marcos has been allowed to join Porto, whilst the experienced centre back Rui Marques has secured a deal with crack Dutch outfit Ajax.

s5ps4.jpg
Marques - arrives in Amsterdam with his agent

Albacete have decided to take Jadid in an effort to replace Ruben Castro, after the Moroccan failed to convince during his time on the Atlantic Isle.

And ageing left back Eusebio has decided to call it quits after finally deciding that he could no longer compete with Donde for the full backs role.

All change at Maritimo. Bolster away DB, you're in the big time now.

My big news is that i have severed my ties with Ligue 1 club Bordeaux, by mutual consent. I received an offer a few weeks back from Serie A minnows AS Livorno. Of course, I jumped at the chance to manage in Italy again, particularly as i'm reasonably familiar with that part of Tuscany too. My first dilemma, however, was the squad size. It was tiny when i arrived. As i couldn't spend any money to bring in new faces, i decided to promote a few players from the youth squad. So, in came a bunch of inexperienced but promising 17 year olds: midfielders Orlando and Chacon, strikers Ribeiro and Prandini and keeper Acosta.

So far i've drawn 1-1 with Chievo and had an amazing 5-2 home win against Inter Milan, with Orlando really looking like a star in the making.

Season 2005

1st half of season 2005

Well I’ve been in an up and down form in my ML; I’ve won three, drawn three and lost three, I’m currently 6th in the league. I also bowed out of the Div2 Cup in the first round; got beaten 2-3 at home to Benfica, I beat them away 0-1 but couldn’t get the second goal to take it into extra-time.

The young players I added to my team this season, which are Xisco, Diarra and Sergio Ramos have really good potential and are going to be really good player in the future. When they get to that stage I might have to sell them. I’ll see who I can replace them with.

Also during the mid-season transfer I brought in two players. I loaned out Harte from Levante UD; the reason why is because I noticed his Consistency and his Condition were 4, so I didn’t want to buy a player who’s going to play one game then in the next two games his on a Yellow status. But his Stamina is 81 and has played two games in a row for me, I probably might buy him in the off-season depending on how consistent he plays and since his one of my favorite players on PES and IRL. Also I brought in Ignashevich who is a CBT, who can play as a CBW and a DMF. He has a Consistency of 6, so he can put in good performances regularly.

I sold Iorga to Palermo and loaned out Espinas to R. Sociedad. Even though I sold Iorga and loaned out Espinas I was still in the red and I need to win some games to gain some money! Probably might sell a player in the off-season if I’m still in the red.

2nd half of season 2005

Finished 5th in the league with 18 points. Won four, drawn six and lost four. R. Sociedad won the league and got promoted with Sevilla FC. Benfica won the Div2 Cup beating R. Sociedad 2-1. Albacete B. and R. Racing C. were the two relegated team to play in Div2 next season.

Zapata was my player of the season and also my top scorer with 3 goals. Only managed to score a total of 13 goals with 3 of them being own goals (Terrible!). Xisco played well in matches but doesn’t score goals, only two this season, needs to improve. Harte played well during time I loaned him, played full 90 minutes of games and managed to only miss two goals, despite his Consistency and Condition ratings.

In the transfer market I bought Gera form West Brom, he is a CF who can play as an OMF. I’m going to play him as an OMF since Minanda is getting old. Got Cesar Sanchez (GK) on a free from Real Madrid, probably be my first choice goalkeeper. I also bought Harte on a permanent from Levante UD, when I bought him it put me on the red so I had to sell Ostwald to Lazio and Nachtegal to Cagliari. Another player to get out was Baroja, my team captain, he retired at 37.

I’m hoping I can get promoted and win the league next season with the team I got; and try to win the Div2 Cup.

Last edited:
Breaking News.......Maritimo bag Balompie old Boy

s5ps19.jpg

Alfonso signs 1 year deal and breaks club record
Mr Simao has completed his transfer dealings at the Estadio Dos Barreiros by bringing in the 34 year old veteran striker whose clever trickery and vast experience of top flight Iberian football may prove to be vital in the quest to avoid relegation.

How the manager will get the best out of Pacheco and Alfonso remains to be seen, but it seems as if Turkish offensive midfielder Akin will drop down the pecking order in order to accomodate the mecurial midget.

s5ps18.jpg
Alfonso - spoke of his desire to go out with a bang

Mr Simao sat next to the undersized Andalusian at a hastily arranged press conference saying that "Obviously I appreciate the player is nearing the very end of his career, but what I need more than anything is a cool experinced head. The average age of the squad is actually fairly young, and Akin will still get his chance, don't forget there are twice as many games this season as last and I need everybody fit, able and willing in order for us to stay up."

Alfonso echoed these sentiments as he spoke "It's my last chance to give back something to the game I love before I hang up my boots. I am confident that I can help contribute to Maritimo's salvation and retire on a high".

s5ps20.jpg
Akin - not a happy chappy

However, despite the manager's words, the long haired Turk was cleraly none too pleased with the news, and having failed to establish himself in the side and fully integrate with the Madeiran way of life, he could be on his way come the mid season transfer window.

Season 2006

I finished 4th in the league this season with Galicia Mantar, which was a disappointment. I was more or less chasing the 1st/2nd spot the whole season. R. Racing C. (1st) and RCD Espanyol (2nd) were the promoted teams. Benfica was on top of the table for the whole season but I beat them 3-1 in the last match of the season to place them in 3rd spot and let my two Spanish amigos go ahead of them….that was sweet revenge after the bastards unfairly beat me 1-0 with a dodgy penalty in the last minute, early on the season. The season was a bit better than last, managed to bag 17 goals (still shit!); Gera was my best player and my top scorer with 4 goals, while Xisco and Huygens scored 3 goals.

The cup was much better; I made it into the final with R. Racing C., who I beat 3-2. It wasn’t an easy game, Benayoun and Javi Guerrero was more or less running the show. I had to come back twice in the match, with two goals by Benayoun… Javi Guerrero had several chances to settle the game…but two goals by Xisco and a last minute winner by Gera gave me the Div2 Cup. Xisco was top scorer, with 7 goals and also the overall best player.

In the transfer I bought Wallner (CF) an Austrian Int’l to strengthen my frontline, his only 24 and should get a few goals for me and support Xisco upfront. I bought Xavi Prieto (SMF/OMF) from Real Socidad as a sub for Macco…now I have two good SMF. Bought Amoreririnha (CBT) on a free from Benfica to strengthen my defense also during the mid-season transfer window I bought Juan Pablo (CBT) from CD Numncia. Another addition to my squad was Parri (DMF/CMF) from Valencia CF…he is a sub for Diarra who is good enough for the first team.

Players to leave were Kelsen (GK) to Valencia CF, Valey to Lokomotiv Moscow, Nachtegal was released and Njorg, Vorlander retired.

Next season I hope I can get promoted and do the double….bring on season 2007.

It looks as if Lille will not win the French Championship. With 6 matches to go, Lyon have widened the gap with Lille to 4 points.
After the 1-1 against Auxerre Lille beat Paris St-Germain 1-0 in a very very close match. The next match was against L'OM (Marseille) in the Stade du Vélodrome. Early in the first half Lille were the better team but Mendoza scored the 1-0 on the counter. Lille started the second half like a rocket: 1-1 by the inevitable Mousillou (his 22th goal of the season) and 2-1 with Abcherouane's first goal. The same Abcherouane could have decided the match but saw his shot end on the woodwork. In the last 15 minutes Batlles came in for Marseille and this turned out to be a stroke of genius from my Marseille counterpart: Batlles equalised. Final result 2-2. With Lyon winning against Nice the gap is widening to 4 points...
Nevertheless the team is playing better after i switched Chiumiento and Abcherouane (the Moroccan is now playing left and the Swiss right MF). Both players feel better at ease and certainl Abcherouane is becoming a better player.
If Lille wants silverware they shall have to win the Cup (semi-final against PSG, first match in the Parc des Princes 1-1).

denirobob said:
Breaking News.......Maritimo bag Balompie old Boy

s5ps19.jpg

Alfonso signs 1 year deal and breaks club record
Mr Simao has completed his transfer dealings at the Estadio Dos Barreiros by bringing in the 34 year old veteran striker whose clever trickery and vast experience of top flight Iberian football may prove to be vital in the quest to avoid relegation.

Thats a risky signing there, you broke the club transfer record on a 34 year old...i'm sure you know what your doing :p

Having read the news recently that the likes of Cellini, Castello and Co will no longer be with us in PES5, i got a bit nostalgic and decided to start a really difficult ML.
I picked the top 23 teams (AC Milan, Juventus, Barcelona, Man Utd etc..) and i began in Div 2 with the default players. In addition, and more importantly, i'm only allowed to buy fictional players (ie the few leftover players i haven't edited from PESU and WEU, and the 17 year old promising players). To keep it difficult, i didn't buy any players in the mid-season window. Although i did try to land striker Sazi.
So far it has been brilliant. It has taken me 12 games to register my first win!! That means i have 2 more games remaining in the season :lol: I've won 1, drawn 4 and lost 7. I really feel like a Sunderland or the like now. It is however, brilliant when you finally win. You take nothing for granted. My first win came last night against Anderlecht. It finished 2-1 after an 87th minute penalty by veteran Spanish forward, Barota.
I can thoroughly recommend this as a last bit of fun from PES4.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom