The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

I was thinking along the same line Prof, but i'm enjoying my Lille ML too much to actually do it. I'm sure you included a Belgian club so that you had at least a chance to win one match (as which team do you play??? Would be appropiriate if you would play as Chelsea).
Things are getting very interesting in my ML with Lille. In my previous post i wrote that Lyon would win it because they were four points ahead. The next game was the second tie of my cup match against PSG. After playing 1-1 in the Parc des Princes i managed a lucky 0-0 and went through to the final against...Lyon.
Afterwards Lille won the derby against Lens (2-0) and in Monaco (0-1).
Next up was a match in Ajaccio and this resulted in a 1-2 win (Mousillou with 26th and 27th goal of the season...). But surprise, surprise...PSG managed to beat Lyon 1-2... The difference suddenly is only 1 point. Next match is the cup final..maybe Lille can beat Lyon and this could affect them in la league aswell...

:lol: I only managed 1 win this season then. I almost made it 2 with the last game of the season against Olympiakos, but for an 89th minute equaliser by Konstantinou #-o :-x ](*,)
I've brought in a few 17 year old "fictional" players now:
Borges, a short Brazilian goalkeeper. He looks sure to challenge Ivanov for the number 1 spot.
Zarate, an Argentinian striker.
Wilkins, a very promising English OMF.
Blondeau, a French left back.

Hopefully these chaps will add some spice to my team. They, being unknowns, might help take the opposition by surprise. I'm going to test out a 3 pronged attack in my friendlies, with perhaps Wilkins in the hole, feeding 2 forwards.

There's also a young German CMF called Kaiser, whose salary is something like 1200 :shock: bit high for a 17 year old. But then his name suggests he's somewhat special. Anyway, PSV bought him.

Professor Nutmeg said:
:lol: I only managed 1 win this season then. I almost made it 2 with the last game of the season against Olympiakos, but for an 89th minute equaliser by Konstantinou #-o :-x ](*,)

I've brought in a few 17 year old "fictional" players now:
Borges, a short Brazilian goalkeeper. He looks sure to challenge Ivanov for the number 1 spot.
Zarate, an Argentinian striker.
Wilkins, a very promising English OMF.
Blondeau, a French left back.

Hopefully these chaps will add some spice to my team. They, being unknowns, might help take the opposition by surprise. I'm going to test out a 3 pronged attack in my friendlies, with perhaps Wilkins in the hole, feeding 2 forwards.

There's also a young German CMF called Kaiser, whose salary is something like 1200 :shock: bit high for a 17 year old. But then his name suggests he's somewhat special. Anyway, PSV bought him.

Wouldn't Wilkins be better at sitting in the midfield playing passes right or left but never forward mate ? ;)

I'm looking forward to trying out some of these new default chaps - do yo think there will just be one squadful of players or say 40-50 to craete a team from ?

db

Lille has won the division I cup in a duel with Lyon.
It was a very good match between two teams who are equal in strength (this is not good English, but you know what i mean). Both clubs could have won, but Lille cliched it in the 88th minute with a beautifull counter and a superb assist from Makoun to Bodmer who scored an easy goal.
Right at the beginning of the second half the same Makoun nearly scored a superb goal. A volley from outside the box hit the woodwork and touched the line...the rebound was scored by Chiumiento but he was in off-side position (and in the replay i could clearly see that Makoun's ball never crossed the line). Chiumiento scored another off-side goal. To be fair, Lyon had quite a few chances too...both clubs could have won and Lille were lucky to score their decisive goal right at the ende of the match.
Let's hope this will affect Lyon...if they drop points Lille still can become champion...Anyway, after this silverware the Lille board and fans are already very satisfied with their team.

denirobob said:
I'm looking forward to trying out some of these new default chaps - do yo think there will just be one squadful of players or say 40-50 to craete a team from ?

db

That would be good wouldn't it - being able to pick your own 23 man squad of "no hopers." I reckon they'll just be a default crew though. I'm bracing myself for the ridiculous names however.

Simao hints at 3-5-2 as Division 1 debut draws near

Despite rejecting the 4-2-3-1 formation after struggling to create chances when first taking over, it appears the English coach is considering revisting and tweaking the system in an effort to assert more dominance and possesion against the more illustrious opponents of Division 1.

The two options appear to be as follows (please see below) with a more cautionary approach adopted away from the Estadio Dos Barreiros.

With Antonio Pacheco no longer able to summon the pace or staminia to play in the front line for a full 90 minutes and new signing Alfonso also in a similar situation, it appears that both players will become deeper lying creators supplying the ammunition for their younger and fitter companions.

3-5-2 - HOME

beye - alves - teixera

esteves - brighi - dmds/wenio - ndoye

pacheco/alfonso

r.castro/edgar - moulongui

5-3-2 - AWAY

ogj(m.sergio) - beye - alves - teixera/loovens - donde

wenio - brighi - dmds

pacheco/alfonso
- moulongui/r.castro/edgar

Last edited:
Professor Nutmeg said:
Ok, now it's time to name names. who is she?
I second this request, you've out-done yourself with this one db ;)

I'm pleased that we're getting a new crew of defaulters for PES5, it might tempt me to return to that method of ML. I still haven't decided which team or which league I'll be choosing yet!

I think I'd quite like a club with high potential, a club that either could be big in the future or was in the past, but for the moment are really struggling. Not sure who that's going to be, yet.

nerf said:
I second this request, you've out-done yourself with this one db ;)

I'm pleased that we're getting a new crew of defaulters for PES5, it might tempt me to return to that method of ML. I still haven't decided which team or which league I'll be choosing yet!

I think I'd quite like a club with high potential, a club that either could be big in the future or was in the past, but for the moment are really struggling. Not sure who that's going to be, yet.
St. Etienne maybe?

PLF said:
St. Etienne maybe?
Hmm, maybe. Not sure if the French league is where I want to go, especially since at least three of you lot sound like you're already starting there ;). Plus I'm not as familiar with Ligue Un as I am with some other competitions.

But this is good, process of elimination ;). Okay, I think I can narrow it down to La Liga, Serie A or the Bundesliga. The latter appeals because I haven't really done Germany (properly) before, but arguably it's not as strong as the other two. Are the German clubs licensed in PES5?

I'm not so keen on starting in the Premiership, I'll leave that for later.

Nerf, i can recommend the Bundseliga. I had 5 great seasons at Hertha Berlin in PES3. It felt just right - how i played, the players i signed, the trophies i won etc.
I've played a lot of French MLs in PES4 so i probably won't start with one in 5. I rarely play the Premiership. I'd quite like to play with one of those new Scandy or other licensed sides (Gala, Porto etc) but that would entail forming some kind of Frankenstein league. The answer is, i don't know yet :lol:
What's it now, about 5 weeks away until release?

Last edited:
why don't you get anything for winning the master league?

I won with Juve and all I got was crappy PES points!

denirobob said:
Simao hints at 3-5-2 as Division 1 debut draws near

Despite rejecting the 4-2-3-1 formation after struggling to create chances when first taking over, it appears the English coach is considering revisting and tweaking the system in an effort to assert more dominance and possesion against the more illustrious opponents of Division 1.

The two options appear to be as follows (please see below) with a more cautionary approach adopted away from the Estadio Dos Barreiros.

With Antonio Pacheco no longer able to summon the pace or staminia to play in the front line for a full 90 minutes and new signing Alfonso also in a similar situation, it appears that both players will become deeper lying creators supplying the ammunition for their younger and fitter companions.

3-5-2 - HOME

beye - alves - teixera

esteves - brighi - dmds/wenio - ndoye

pacheco/alfonso

r.castro/edgar - moulongui

5-3-2 - AWAY

ogj(m.sergio) - beye - alves - teixera/loovens - donde

wenio - brighi - dmds

pacheco/alfonso
- moulongui/r.castro/edgar

Hey Db do you use a formation stragety where you press :l1: and either :triangle: :square: :x: or :circle: to change formation in the middle of a match?

I used this in my FC Utrecht ML, where i sarted with 4-4-2 and if i am two or more goals down i press :l1: :triangle: to go to 3-4-3 or if i am 1-0 up with 10 minutes to and a team is on the attacking surge i press :l1: :square: to switch to 5-4-1. This is vey useful and saves you time mucking about in the formation screen.

Also since you lot are going to do a french ML on PES5, will you lot be editing PES & WE United to French teams, so you can have a full two leagues with just French teams. Because remember edited stats go into ML.

I'm going to start as the team i support, Arsenal, in a English ML with PES & WE United edited as Wolves and Leeds respectively.

Stringer Bell said:
Hey Db do you use a formation stragety where you press :l1: and either :triangle: :square: :x: or :circle: to change formation in the middle of a match?

I used this in my FC Utrecht ML, where i sarted with 4-4-2 and if i am two or more goals down i press :l1: :triangle: to go to 3-4-3 or if i am 1-0 up with 10 minutes to and a team is on the attacking surge i press :l1: :square: to switch to 5-4-1. This is vey useful and saves you time mucking about in the formation screen.

hi mate

I havent ever tried that mate, was just planning on editing the side players b4 each game although that would be a bit annoying.

Season starts on saturday night - so Guillem should be around tomorrow with his highly anticipated season 5 preview!

db

jonestm said:
But What do you get when you win!?

Win what? You can't win the ML if thats what you are talking about. You just keep playing until you are bored...i usualy like playing with average players and trying to be succesful with them.

If you are saying that you want extra stuff in PES when you win the CL or the Div 1 league, in the ML....then i don't think you do i'm afraid. They have got the PES Shop to buy stuff with your points.

Maybe none of you have won the Master League, and that's why you don't know what you get for winning...

My point is there's no reward for putting the time in to win ML division 1 and the champions league. Some extra players or classic teams or kit editing options would be good. Who wants to trudge through season after season winning easily with your super team winning easily(even on six stars)?

Yeah i know what you mean bruv, but like i said there is the PES Shop Konami created for the points you get from playing matches....so you can buy stuff from there with points you got.

Konami could reward you with something but there probably short on ideas lol.

Last edited:
Stringer Bell said:
Also since you lot are going to do a french ML on PES5, will you lot be editing PES & WE United to French teams, so you can have a full two leagues with just French teams. Because remember edited stats go into ML.

I'm going to start as the team i support, Arsenal, in a English ML with PES & WE United edited as Wolves and Leeds respectively.
That's not a bad idea Stringer and personally I know I'll eventually be doing a ML in each 6 leagues but mostly in France since it's my fav so yeah your idea aint bad to turn PES/WE united to Montpellier and Lorient let's say but I'm not sure I'll do that.

I was thinkin of putting Champions League clubs in my next data installment like Rapid Vienna and Bratislava and maybe FC Thun. I'll keep the likes of Brugge in there but kick out Kleberson and Ailton out along with rest of Besiktas squad probably ;)

Rapid Vienna is a nice team to put in there...kind of feel sorry for Hoffman he can't play for the Austrian national team (some FIFA thing) and the Germans don't want him!

Also about Ailton has he been pissing about again!! I woudn't be suprised because Shalke wern't really bothered to hold on to him lol.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Nerf, i can recommend the Bundseliga. I had 5 great seasons at Hertha Berlin in PES3. It felt just right - how i played, the players i signed, the trophies i won etc.
Thanks Prof. The Bundesliga definitely sounds good to me, but I've just found a list of all the PES5 clubs and they're not licensed. The Dutch league is, however, as well as Italy and Spain.

I'm quite tempted to start an ML in a licensed league at first, just to tide me over until the inevitable patches and updates come out, then start a proper Bundesliga game when it's all patched. Something to ponder in the meantime.

Nerf, i've done a(n) (aborted) ML with Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga...it was the most fun i've ever had...i think i will certainly do another bundesliga with Wolfsburg (i really love D'Alessandro, my favourite player).

Back
Top Bottom