The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Unlucky about going out of the Cup again....even though i knew the COM will bugger you in the second leg.

Also some good, productive transfer there.

Stringer Bell said:
Unlucky about going out of the Cup again....even though i knew the COM will bugger you in the second leg.

Also some good, productive transfer there.

Hi mate

To be honest it was always to be expected really - my cup record even all the way through my WE7 ML with Stuttgart was shocking too. Maybe next year eh?!? ;)

Yeah, I think Edgar could be a useful aquisition, a sort of mini battering ram style player which should hopefully compliment Pacheco's creativity and Moulongui's height & agility.

Ahamada was a real major let down, probably the worst I've ever experienced. He's got great stats for acceleration but couldnt beat a man and even putting forward arrows on him didn't get him moving forward down the wing. I even played him in quite a few friendlies as a CF as he can play there too but he just looked out of his depth.

db

denirobob said:
Ahamada was a real major let down, probably the worst I've ever experienced. He's got great stats for acceleration but couldnt beat a man and even putting forward arrows on him didn't get him moving forward down the wing. I even played him in quite a few friendlies as a CF as he can play there too but he just looked out of his depth.
I love the way some players underperform like that. How well a player fits into your system can sometimes be at complete odds with how good or bad his stats are, which I think is great.

nerf said:
I love the way some players underperform like that. How well a player fits into your system can sometimes be at complete odds with how good or bad his stats are, which I think is great.

hi mate

do you think its more a case then that the player in another team/another persons ML would perform as expected or that in actual fact despite the stats that their are greater forces at work ?

Or looking at it another way - take two players in the same position, same build etc... with exactly the same stats in the same areas bar one

e.g. player A has 90 on acceleration whilst player B has 80

Would there ever be a situation where player B was more effective/faster ?

cheers

db

Edgar touches down to begin Island affair

edarrives.jpg

Edgar arrived at Madeira's Santa Cruz airport late last night declaring that he is the answer to Maritimo's goalscoring problems.

"I don't wish to sound big headed or anything, but I really think that they've been crying out for a player like me. I was in the stadium when we, sorry I mean Malaga played them and they carved out some great chances but couldn't take them, hopefully I'll put a stop to that!"

Dressed casually in a basketball shirt and shorts and carrying possibly the smallest amount of hand luggage ever witnessed by a top flight footballer, he expressed his delight at the move although admitted it had all come about quite suddenly.

"The boss called me into his office and said there had been an approach from Maritimo. He asked me what I felt about a change of scenery and well considering I'm not really in Malaga's plan's, I thought why not."

"I tell you something, it'll be nice to speak Portuguese again that's for sure. My Spanish isn't bad but you know it's easier to really express yourself in your own tongue. I'm confident in my own abilities and I know if I work hard and apply myself, I'll certainly get the opportunity I wasn't afforded in Spain."

-

Friday am...

edarrives2.jpg

Bright and early on his first day of training, Edgar is pictured outside the training complex with an attractive female fan. One of "many many admirers" he quipped as he made his way inside to meet his new team mates.

The new striker's arrival has seen the Club's official website receive a sharp increase in traffic with the player's profile apparently the most sought after page. Club sources also inform us that up to date season stats will follow shortly...

http://www.btinternet.com/~simon.sjccook/m_website/html/edgar.htm

Excellent stuff db. Edgar sounds like a confident fellow ;)

denirobob said:
do you think its more a case then that the player in another team/another persons ML would perform as expected or that in actual fact despite the stats that there are greater forces at work ?

Or looking at it another way - take two players in the same position, same build etc... with exactly the same stats in the same areas bar one

e.g. player A has 90 on acceleration whilst player B has 80

Would there ever be a situation where player B was more effective/faster ?
I don't think he would actually be quicker, no. Not unless his Form arrow was better.

I do often wonder if there are greater forces at work, hidden stats and so on. Some players just seem more effective, particularly in terms of positioning on the field. We can only speculate though.

For a basic stats example, I often look at the difference between his Attack and Defence ratings, for the role I want him to play. Is his Aggression high or low, and how does that suit the role? High is not necessarily better in both those instances. And how does this trade-off against the players around him? The player with more yellow stats might not necessarily have the right 'balance of stats' to integrate with the system.

Mentality and Teamwork are hugely underrated attributes too. It's easy to get excited about a player with lots of yellow stats for technical abilities, but then watch him get outperformed by a white-stat player with better mental abilities. I fall into this trap a lot ;)

I think it's a case of expecting to much from a player with high stats. When i play with Ronaldo in the Brazil squad i expect him to score all the time and play excellent for me....and it really frustrates me when i don't have a good game with him. Thats why when you buy a player that has really low stats, you don't really expect much form him and not really bothered if he plays crap.....because obviously his got shit stats lol. So when he starts knocking in goals for you, you get all excited and because a crap player you have is playing really good for you....IT ALL IN THE MIND ;)

Or maybe i'm wrong, it might be something else.....who knows.

Last edited:
nerf said:
Excellent stuff db. Edgar sounds like a confident fellow ;)

I don't think he would actually be quicker, no. Not unless his Form arrow was better.

I do often wonder if there are greater forces at work, hidden stats and so on. Some players just seem more effective, particularly in terms of positioning on the field. We can only speculate though.

For a basic stats example, I often look at the difference between his Attack and Defence ratings, for the role I want him to play. Is his Aggression high or low, and how does that suit the role? High is not necessarily better in both those instances. And how does this trade-off against the players around him? The player with more yellow stats might not necessarily have the right 'balance of stats' to integrate with the system.

Mentality and Teamwork are hugely underrated attributes too. It's easy to get excited about a player with lots of yellow stats for technical abilities, but then watch him get outperformed by a white-stat player with better mental abilities. I fall into this trap a lot ;)

Hi mate

i certainly agree with you on the attack & defence ratings - they do seem to determine an awful lot about where the player will position himself too dont they.

I find technique is one of the stats i look for most - Both Pacheco & Ceh (in my Stuttgart ML) have decent early 80's figures and that really seems to make a difference and gives them (or at least appears to) more time and space on the ball.

I see what youre saying about sometimes getting carried away with the colours when its more a case of quality rather than quantity - its an area I want to refine in terms of my scouting ability too.

db

Stringer Bell said:
I think it's a case of expecting to much from a player with high stats. When i play with Ronaldo in the Brazil squad i expect him to score all the time and play excellent for me....and it really frustrates me when i don't have a good game with him. Thats why when you buy a player that has really low stats, you don't really expect much form him and not really bothered if he plays crap.....because obviously his got shit stats lol. So when he starts knocking in goals for you, you get all excited and because a crap player you have is playing really good for you....IT ALL IN THE MIND ;)

Or maybe i'm wrong, it might be something else.....who knows.

Yeah thats true also mate.

In all these discussions chaps, i don't think the presence of white/coloured boots or distinctive hairstyles should be overlooked either!

I've almost made it a rule of sorts to try and buy "distinctive" player where possible - The current Maritimo squad is a bit of a rogues gallery and won't win any beauty contents, but Matabuena's crewcut, Teixeira's jeri curls, Moulongui's bleached bonce, Pacheco's long luxurios locks and Lobaton's braids all seem to combine well (like a Footballing freak show!)

db

legacalcio.jpg

Interview

mazzolaint.jpg

Mazzola Steadies The Ship

Defiant Hellas Verona captain Sandro Mazzola moved to dispel growing doubts following two consecutive defeats this week, expressing confidence in his struggling team as their Serie A campaign stuttered into its third month.

At the end of a miserable seven days for Hellas Verona, in which they sank into the relegation zone for the first time and lost the first leg of their Coppa Italia encounter with Lecce, the experienced midfielder dismissed predictions of a collapse as premature. "There's no panic. We have made a steady start; there's a long, long way to go. Two defeats in November are not a cause for concern at this stage."

Finding a way to score goals against Serie A defences has been Verona's major problem so far. Until Benito Carbone's penalty on Wednesday night, Verona fans had not been able to celebrate a goal in over seven hours of top flight football. Only disastrous Lazio have netted fewer times this season, but Mazzola insists the goals will come. "We will start to score more, I'm sure. The good news is that we aren't conceding many either, and we're playing good football so the chances will come."

"If you look at our results we've actually beaten Juventus and drawn with both Milan sides, so we've shown that we're capable of competing with anyone. Once the goals start coming we'll pick up more points and begin to climb the table"
. Mazzola refused to comment on rumours that Verona are already searching to bring in a striker in the January transfer window.

The 36 year old, now into his twentieth year as a professional, also refused to be drawn on questions surrounding his retirement. "I have not made my decision yet. I'm still playing regularly and enjoying my football, so that's something to think about in the summer. Right now I'm focussed on making this season a success."

legacalcio.jpg

Serie A 05/06 Week 12

totti1.jpg

Roma Frustrated

Roma were held 0-0 by promoted Hellas Verona in a rain-soaked Stadio Olimpico last night, dropping from second to fourth in the process as fellow early title bidders Milan, Inter and Juventus all won.

Just two weeks after signing a contract worth an alleged £140,000 per week, Francesco Totti showed none of his value in front of the home fans on a terrible night for the Roma captain. Passes and shots went astray with uncharacteristic frequency, ultimately to the cost of his team, allowing Verona to battle to a draw that on the balance of play was undeserved.

Aside from Totti's poor performance, the visitors also had goalkeeper Pegolo and defender Comazzi to thank for their unlikely point. Pegolo in particular produced a string of saves in yet another impressive display, continuing his strong form this season as his team stretched an unbeaten streak to three matches.

totti2.jpg
pegolosave2.jpg

Totti's miserable night (left) was compounded by Pegolo's inspired performance (right)

Totti will have to answer the critics with a much better showing in the Rome derby midweek, when Roma take on rivals Lazio in the second leg of their Coppa Italia clash.

Serie A standings: Week 12

1. 28pts AC Milan
2. 26pts Inter
3. 25pts Juventus
4. 24pts Roma
5. 21pts Bologna
6. 19pts Udinese
7. 17pts Fiorentina
8. 17pts Lecce
9. 16pts Atalanta
10. 15pts Brescia
11. 15pts Chievo
12. 13pts Verona
13. 12pts Sampdoria
14. 9pts Palermo
15. 7pts Parma
16. 6pts Lazio

Quick update

foeke_training_met_de_jong.jpg
Manager set to leave at the end of the season

I think that this season will be my last season with FC Utrecht, I just can't improve on the team anymore. I might start another ML or start playing other PS2 games. But this will defiantly be my last season with FC Utrecht.

Been the best ML so far.

Last edited:
nerf said:
legacalcio.jpg

Serie A 05/06 Week 12

totti1.jpg

Roma Frustrated

Roma were held 0-0 by promoted Hellas Verona in a rain-soaked Stadio Olimpico last night, dropping from second to fourth in the process as fellow early title bidders Milan, Inter and Juventus all won.

Just two weeks after signing a contract worth an alleged £140,000 per week, Francesco Totti showed none of his value in front of the home fans on a terrible night for the Roma captain. Passes and shots went astray with uncharacteristic frequency, ultimately to the cost of his team, allowing Verona to battle to a draw that on the balance of play was undeserved.

Aside from Totti's poor performance, the visitors also had goalkeeper Pegolo and defender Comazzi to thank for their unlikely point. Pegolo in particular produced a string of saves in yet another impressive display, continuing his strong form this season as his team stretched an unbeaten streak to three matches.

totti2.jpg
pegolosave2.jpg

Totti's miserable night (left) was compounded by Pegolo's inspired performance (right)

Totti will have to answer the critics with a much better showing in the Rome derby midweek, when Roma take on rivals Lazio in the second leg of their Coppa Italia clash.

Serie A standings: Week 12

1. 28pts AC Milan
2. 26pts Inter
3. 25pts Juventus
4. 24pts Roma
5. 21pts Bologna
6. 19pts Udinese
7. 17pts Fiorentina
8. 17pts Lecce
9. 16pts Atalanta
10. 15pts Brescia
11. 15pts Chievo
12. 13pts Verona
13. 12pts Sampdoria
14. 9pts Palermo
15. 7pts Parma
16. 6pts Lazio

hi mate

seems like your doing better than originally expected, how are your strikers faring ?

is that still the area that needs addressing ?

db

Stringer Bell said:
Quick update

foeke_training_met_de_jong.jpg
Manager set to leave at the end of the season

I think that this season will be my last season with FC Utrecht, I just can't improve on the team anymore. I might start another ML or start playing other PS2 games. But this will defiantly be my last season with FC Utrecht.

Been the best ML so far.

good to go out on top mate.

db

denirobob said:
good to go out on top mate.

db

Yeah i know, Have had 8 great seasons with them. When i look at my squad it's really hard to find places i need improving....i've got a back up for every player and i've got players who can play another postition if the first teamer and the back up gets injured :D

So i hope i can finish my last season doing the treble.

Can't wait to start a new ML with FC Utrecht on PES5...hope to be playing again with players like Kruys, Rajcomar and EL Gaauori.

denirobob said:
seems like your doing better than originally expected, how are your strikers faring ?

is that still the area that needs addressing ?
Yep, we're struggling to find the net as often as I'd like. Might have to address that in the transfer window if possible ;)

Starting new ML

Game Info:

I'm starting with Corinthians in the Second Division "Superliga". 6 stars as usual and 10 minute game length.

First Division Superliga - Monaco, Lyon, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich, PSG, Marseille, Borussia Dortmund, Rangers, Celtic, Stuttgart, Werder Bremen, Ajax, PSV Eindhoven, Feyenoord, FC Porto, Benfica.

Second Division Superliga - Corinthians, Santos, Malaga, Auxerre, Bordeaux, CSKA Moscow, Wolfsburg, AZ Alkmaar

Media Info:

When the Saints Go Marching In?

Things have apparently gotten sticky in the Superliga Div. 2. after young manager Tresinho Dalton decided to take on the reins at newly relegated side Corinthians. The weird thing about it is Dalton had been rumored to take on the Santos job since mid-season last year. A Santos FC spokesperson commented, "We had a verbal agreement with Dalton but nothing in black and white. It doesn't matter he's still broken his promise and we'll be looking into it further. As of now, we're still looking for a manager. I'm confident we will find the right guy, but it looks like our first game is going to be without a manager."

Media caught up with Dalton outside of the Corinthians training ground yesterday but he had no comments. He did however manage to give the cameras a thumbs up accompanied with a huge grin. Alberto Dualib, President of Corinthians, did have something to say. "Everything we did was totally legal, as a matter of fact he approached us about the job. I've seen him coach and we've got confidence in this young manager. I believe he can bring past glories to the present and I'm anxious to see what he does with the club."

story.robinho.afp.jpg

As for Santos things are looking even more dire, because this season schedule has got the "Timao" of ALL clubs as their first match-up. The rivals are set to clash under a cloud of controversy and it's no surprise phenom Robinho has spoken out to rally up the squad. Speaking to the press he said "Dalton who? Who cares about all this nonsense I just want to play futebol. It's another game to me with no strings attached. I'm ready for Corinthians."

Hello again people.

I've been back on my Vitória Sport Clube de Guimarães Master League in the Iberian Superliga. In the mid-season window i brought in another ML created youngster ( i have 3 in total) as we don't quite have the power to attract top names. This time the fellow is a tall Iranian WF/SMF called Noushevar. Because of his height i'm toying with the idea of converting him to a CF, if i can just work on his skills. At the moment however, he's down the pecking order for a starting berth.
The other two youngsters, Brazialian midfielder, Machado and Serbian striker, Nikolic, are very much a feature of the first team. Nikolic was a bit part player last season, but showed lots of promise. Good displays when called upon, saw him step up to the first team this season, and there are even rumours that some higher profile clubs are scouting the youngster.
At the end of the season, it looks as if i'll be letting go of some players. At 36 years of age, midfielder Cellini reckons he has another season left in him, despite only 90 minutes of footbal this term, but he may have to look away from the Estádio Afonso Henriques to get it. It looks increasingly likely that winger César Peixoto will move in the summer too. The Portuguese forward has hardly featured this season and he has spoken out in the press about his need for first team football. There are rumours that Maritimo are chasing in his signature. In addition, veteran Brazilian striker Castello, appears happy to let his contract expire at the club, but if a firm offer was to be received for the marksman, it would surely be considered. I have decided my top and possibly only target is a left back, as cover/competition for the ageing Miguel Areias.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Hello again people.

I've been back on my Vitória Sport Clube de Guimarães Master League in the Iberian Superliga. In the mid-season window i brought in another ML created youngster ( i have 3 in total) as we don't quite have the power to attract top names. This time the fellow is a tall Iranian WF/SMF called Noushevar. Because of his height i'm toying with the idea of converting him to a CF, if i can just work on his skills. At the moment however, he's down the pecking order for a starting berth.
The other two youngsters, Brazialian midfielder, Machado and Serbian striker, Nikolic, are very much a feature of the first team. Nikolic was a bit part player last season, but showed lots of promise. Good displays when called upon, saw him step up to the first team this season, and there are even rumours that some higher profile clubs are scouting the youngster.
At the end of the season, it looks as if i'll be letting go of some players. At 36 years of age, midfielder Cellini reckons he has another season left in him, despite only 90 minutes of footbal this term, but he may have to look away from the Estádio Afonso Henriques to get it. It looks increasingly likely that winger César Peixoto will move in the summer too. The Portuguese forward has hardly featured this season and he has spoken out in the press about his need for first team football. There are rumours that Maritimo are chasing in his signature. In addition, veteran Brazilian striker Castello, appears happy to let his contract expire at the club, but if a firm offer was to be received for the marksman, it would surely be considered. I have decided my top and possibly only target is a left back, as cover/competition for the ageing Miguel Areias.

894.gif

CS Maritimo Official Club Press Release
----------------------------------------
Quarta-Feira, 22 de Junho de 2005

cesar5.jpg

Mr Simao decided to publically speak out, after the Portuguese media picked up comments made by Professor Nutmeg on a popular football gaming website, where it was suggested that midfielder César Peixoto could be on his way Maritimo.

"My compatriot at Vitoria is a good personal associate of mine and I value both his friendship and his advice, however I have to take this opportunity to set the record straight.

Whilst we will be looking in the summer to recruit and add to the squad, I have no immediate plans to strengthen either the left or right side of midfield despite the loss of Ahamada during the mid season break. My priorities lie at enhancing our quality at left back, central midfield and in goal, and to spend money on an area that could be considered 'indulgent' cannot be justified by the club in the present financial climate."

Game 10 (H) v Espanyol - drew 0-0

Kameni-Carlos_Espanyol.jpg
King Kameni stops spot kick

In a match where the weather hampered both sides attempts to play football, more and more high balls were played as the turf became sodden.

An innocous challenge from an N'doye corner saw the ref point to the spot. Wenio hit it hard and low torwards the corner only to see Kameni pull off a world class save deny the captain. Espanyol thought they'd taken the lead after Tamudo pounced on a slip from Marcos after the Brazilian had spilled De La Pena's long range effort, however the linesman had his flag up to ensure that the Spaniards were denied.

Other results : Getafe 0 Malaga 4 / Levante 2 Albacete 0 / Sociedad 4 Numancia 1

-----

Game 11 (A) v Numancia - drew 2-2

juanlu2.jpg

Yet another draw as Maritimo came from behind, only to throw away their lead in farcical circumstances.

pineda.jpg
Premature Pineda points to victory

Pineda 4 - Neat side foot past the motionless goalkeeper.

Lobaton 5 - Straight from kick off a long pass forward found the Peruvian, who beat his marker for pace and slipped the ball home with ease.

N'doye 54 - The Senegalese midfielder has been on a rich vein of form recently, and when Esteves beat his man and crossed in, he was in the right place at the right time to calmly finish.

juanlu.jpg
Juanlu - never looks a gift horse in the mouth

Juanlu 68 - A comedy of errors in the away defence as Teixeira and Marcos clashed, spiralling the ball up into the air. As it came down Alves and Ogjanovic failed to clear, leaving Juanlu with a simple tap in and Simao seething on the bench.

Other results : Albacete 2 Sociedad 2 / Getafe 0 Levante 1 / Espanyol 1 Malaga 1

-----

Game 12 (A) v Levante - drew 1-1

jofre.jpg
Jofre - captilised on Alves error

Moulongui 14 - The Gabonese hitman powerfully met an N'doye cross with a bullet header that Cavalerro pushed onto the underside of the bar. Still lying prostate on the turf, the striker still somehow managed to touch the ball over the line to break the deadlock.

Jofre 45 - Alves failed to clear his lines, was dispossed and from the resulting ball in, Jofre easily headed home.

Other results : Albacete 2 Getafe 1 / Sociedad 4 Espanyol 2 / Malaga 0 Numancia 1

-

Cup Semi's first legs : Sociedad 0 Malaga 0 / Espanyol 0 Levante 0

-----

Game 13 (H) v Getafe - won 1-0

restev.jpg
Esteves - the assisting assassin helps break Getafe hearts

Finally Maritimo were rewarded with a victory in a dire match in which both sides managed a solitarty shot on target. The only goal of a fractured, bitty game came just after the break, when N'doye followed in a low cross by Esteves to slide the ball home.

Other results : Sociedad 2 Levante 1 / Malaga 3 Albacete 2 / Espanyol 2 Numancia 0

Things looking bright for Corinthians.

Game info: I'm trying a new formation because I'm tired of my Barca style 4-3-3. I never get beat in it so I thought I'd try something new with a 3-4-3. Tevez as the spearhead with Gil and C. Alberto supporting him. Renato and Mascherano are the holding midfielders with Mascherano pushing up sometimes. Marcelo Mattos and Dinelson are wide central midfielders. The back three are Betao, Gustavo Nery, and Marquinhos.

Media:

Six Goal Thriller In Derby

sports07.jpg

Tevez an inspiration from the get go!

In the first game of the season rivals clashed in what turned out to be a downright beating. Without a coach Santos went head to head against the Timao with newly appointed Coach Dalton proving his worth with his unusual 3-4-3 pressing tactic. At home, fans knew Corinthians would be tough to beat but the Timao faithful never expected this.

The first goal was a true work of art. Interplay in the box between star Argentinean Carlos Tevez and teammate Marcelo Mattos, saw Tevez hit the ball first time just outside the area. The ridiculous shot had Henao stretching but to no avail. The ball was placed perfectly in the top corner with just three minutes on the clock - the game had just "kicked off".

In the 35th minute Tevez again drew blood with a perfect through ball from former Porto ace Carlos Alberto. The pass put Tevez 1 v 1 against Henao. A shimmy and a side-step and the scoreboard displayed 2-0 as if teasing the Santos players. The team that Santos had out on the field was a tease to say the least. Robinho, for some odd reason, was bench warming and by the looks of things was very displeased about it.

Two goals to nil going in to half time and the look on Santos "fill in coach", physio Sanchez, pretty much showed that Santos needed to do something and do it fast. Things were no better in the second half. Sanchez chose not to bring in Robinho and the teams came out on the pitch with no subs between them.

Corinthians held the ball with ease and in no time the crowd was in the mood to make life as a Santos fan even more miserable as Ultras from both camps started to cause an uproar in the stands. A few scuffles but nothing serious - things were about to get serious for Santos though.

In the 56th minute Corinthians earned a corner. Alberto put up a swirling out-swinger and a confusing scramble in the box ensued. Henao, in no man's land, left the net unattended which left Dinelson with a perfect opportunity. The midfielder made a poacher's stab at the ball to make the score 3-0. The team celebrated in proper fashion putting shame to their rivals with another "GOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL" from the stands. Dalton even showed his delight by running out on the pitch to celebrate with his new team... much to the dismay of opposition supporters.

If one mistake wasn't enough then another was coming to make it enough. Henao decided to lighten things up a bit on his own dispense. A goal kick to a waiting Gil left Santos fans flabbergasted and confused... Gil was from the opposite team! If it was in question that he was a Corinthian then he soon put it out of question by placing the ball in the back of the net with a simple tap in. Henao crumpled to the ground in disgust after realizing his mistake - disillusioned Santos heads shook from side to side.

To wrap things up Alberto assisted Tevez and Gil once more giving him three assist, Tevez a hat-trick, and Gil a double. Fans had the Parque São Jorge shaking for the night. Santos fans and club went home heart broken as if grief stricken - this was a sad day for a Santista.

Results from Superliga Div 2: Malaga 2-1 Wolfsburg, AZ 1-0 Bordeaux, CSKA Moscow 2-1 Auxerre.

Last edited:
I'm ready

Henao and Backline to Blame For Loss

henao.jpg

Henao responds to media at press conference.

Chairman Marcelo Teixeira has released a statement in reference to Santos horrible first match of the season. He states "Not having a manager isn't a viable excuse. These players are disciplined enough to play futebol. The fact of the matter is Henao and his defence allowed SIX goals into his net - two goals were directly his fault. I have faith in my goalkeeper and my team but this is totally uncalled for. I mostly feel sorry for the faithful fans. They came to see futebol not a massacre."

The stats of the match were very one-sided. Twenty shots on goal with sixteen hitting the target for Corinthians. Santos only managed to muster up six shots on goal with only one on target. Possesion: Corinthians 59 % Santos 41%. If these numbers dont guarantee a lost then nothing does.

In response to the criticism Henao said "I know I've let my team down but I think it's unfair to blame it all on me. We are a team and we should play as one. I do take responsibility for the two goals I conceded but the rest were conceded through the team. It was a team effort and we should improve as a team. I promise to improve if my teammates are willing to improve with me.

In response to Robinho's bench warming Henao shrugged his shoulders stating "I have no clue why he was left out of the squad. We had a fill in coach that thought it best to bench him I guess. My personal views in the matter are going to stay personal."

In response to Robinho's transfer rumours Henao had no comment. Robinho has been linked with several key clubs including Corinthians. If this is how the season is going to be then there's a good chance Robinho wont be a saint for long.

Tevez Ready for CSKA Moscow

DEFU0112_TevezAP_N.jpg

The Argentinean sports a grim smile.

On fire forward Carlos Tevez has stated to the press how ready he is for his next match. The Ex-Boca player netted a hat trick opening with a outrageous pile driver of a goal against rivals Santos. The match was a rout. Tevez said "I want to impress my new manager and most of all, my teammates. To do this I need to score goals like I did against Santos. I'm ready for CSKA and I hope they are ready for me - I need the challenge."

Coach Dalton replied "I like players who are confident and know what's best for the team. Carlos is a very disciplined player who I believe will blossom into something special under my tutelage. My team is ready and I'm prepared for CSKA."

When asked about the claims that Corinthians President Dualib had approached him illegally Dalton had nothing to say. A spokesperson for SC Corinthians did however comment on what may come of this incident. "Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Dalton came on his own accord and we did nothing wrong in obtaining him. The charges that he was approached in a dirty manner is totally unfounded."

Things are looking very bright for Corinthians. Bookmakers had them in the top four but not topping the table. Although early in the season, the way things are going now Corinthians could do the double - making Dalton a legend and "Timao" fans estatic.

BREAKING NEWS

Dalton and Co. in Deep Trouble

jo.jpg

Jo frustrated about the news.

The allegations that Dalton had been approached illegally has been found true, and the Superliga Confederation Counsel, or the SCC, is not taking this lightly. Upon investigation Dalton had been approached by 24 year old forward Gil, 18 year old striker Jo, 20 year old defender/midfielder Wendell, and representatives from SC Corinthians at the end of last season in an upscale restaurant. The details of most the conversation is not known but it is known that they elaborated on Dalton coaching Corinthians next season.

The SCC has taken an unsual step in this matter by suspending Jo, Gil, and Wendell until the close of the first transfer window. This means the trio wont be available until week twenty - the same week they face Santos again but this time away.

As for Coach Dalton his wages have been docked for the remainder of the season and the transfer budget for SC Corinthians has been cut in half. No other punishment will be seeked out. Several media persons tried to contact Dalton via telphone but as suspected he couldn't be reached.

This is a terrible blow for Corinthians as they had been favorites to finish top four of the Superliga Division 2. No one knows what this may do to the team chemistry and the overall image of the futebol club. Hopefully fans and players can bounce back from this twisted ordeal.

Game info: In reality the option file I'm using takes created players away from thier team after the first game. This only happens in Div. 2. It sorta sucks but I thought I'd make a decent story about. Looks like I'm going to have to obtain those three during the first transfer window. Hope I can make due without these three for the time being
:)

Last edited:
Match Report: CSKA Moscow 0-4 Corinthians

Thought the first away match was going to be a test but to my surprise it wasn't. CSKA just didn't seem to have a backline that could cope with my three forwards.

9th minute - A through pass from Dinelson put C. Alberto in the goal area unmarked. Alberto hesitates and is brought down by central defender Ignashevich. No card was shown but the ref did point to the spot resulting in whistles from CSKA supporters. Renato stepped up and banged it right down the middle.... penalty converted!

42nd minute - Through pass from Wilson sees Tevez past keeper Akinfeev to score his 4th goal of the campaign. Vagner Love is replaced by Kirichenko. V. Love had been a non-facter basically the whole first half.

Stoppage - C. Alberto almost scores a wonder goal by dribbling past two defenders. He had just the keeper left and all the hard work done, but the forward could only manage to shoot it straight at Akinfeev - much to the delight of the home fans.

63rd minute - Fabricio, Roger, and Marinho replace Mascherano, Betao, and Dinelson.

71st minute - Carvalho on for Olic.

82nd minute - Kirichenko almost scores the only real chance for CSKA Moscow by side-stepping and unleashing a low drive that whipped past the wrong side of the post.

85th minute - Tevez was unexplicably left wide open on a break. Needless to say Tevez nets another to bring his tally for the day up to two and overall five goals.

Stoppage - Renato scores an aboslute cracker from just outside the area leaving Akinfeev helpless and leaving the crowd gasping for air. Some fans managed to let out a few ironic cheers but they knew it wasn't their day.

Shots on goal for Corinthians was 14 with 10 being on target while CSKA only managed to get 4 shots on goal with only 1 being on target.

Results from Week 7 Fixture 2: Bordeaux 1-2 Malaga, Wolfsburg 0-3 Auxerre, and Santos 1-0 AZ Alkmaar.

Next match for Corinthians is away against AZ Alkmaar in Week 9. No fixtures for Week 8. Expect a full round-up of top scorers, top assist and rankings by Week 12.

Media:

Santos Bounces Back from Humiliation

id_1888_ricardinho.jpg

Ricardinho celebrates goal.

A 6-0 thrashing would destroy hopes for any team wishing to compete in any league - especially if it's the first match of the season. Rumours of Robinho leaving has circled the globe several times. Rival club SC Corinthians have been found guilty of actions that literally stole the "suppose to be" Santos coach right from under their noses. Santos still don't have a coach, and for any fan this would be a nightmare of a beginning.

Somehow Santos FC have managed to put critics to rest and fans at ease - at least for the time being - by defeating AZ Alkmaar 1-0 in front of thousands of anxious "Santitas". Captain Ricardinho quieted doubters by netting a well placed low hopper. The stadium erupted with ecstasy as it should be and brethren under the Santos flag started the chants - it was party time. Santos managed to hold off the advances of Dutch side AZ Alkmaar. Fans went from jeering and whistling at the beginning of the match to clapping and singing at the end.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come as the media and fans all love a good come back story. The trek for a coach isn't over yet but reconstruction of a legendary club is definitely underway.

Last edited:
guillem_balague.jpg

The Iberian Second Division could be decided this evening, as the season reaches its climax, with 4 sides still mathematically in with a chance of gaining promotion.

The current table as it stands...3 games remaining

Sociedad 25
Malaga 21
Levante 17
Maritimo 16
Albacete 14
Numancia 12
Espanyol 9
Getafe 6

Sociedad can wrap up the title with a win at the Estadio dos Barrieros, IF Malaga also fail to win away in Valencia. Both sides could still technically face the possibility of missing out on the step up, if they are beaten by Levante and Maritimo respectively.

This scenario would leave issues of goal difference and head to head records coming into play in the final two weeks, and is quite frankly far too complicated for me to contemplate. The most likely outcome is that both the top two will have done enough by 10pm CET tonight and the need for me to find the business end of a calculator, will no longer be an issue.

Fixtures......

Maritimo v Real Sociedad
Levante v Malaga
Albacete v Espanyol
Getafe v Numancia

Information News Flash

18_simbolo.gif

Vitória Guimarães

Iberian Superliga Season 2006/2007

Final League Position: 4th
Relegated: Racing Santander, Real Sociedad
Promoted: Benfica, Malaga

Transfers Out: Cellini (Partizan Belgrade), Castello (contract expired), Bezzaz (Numancia), César Peixoto (Sporting CP), Ivanov (contract expired), Valery (Middlesbrough)

Transfer In: Juanlu (Numancia, Bezzaz + €), Tiago Gomes (Benfica), Fatecha (GK, Free) Carlos Martins (Sporting CP, César Peixoto trade)

Last edited:
Finished Division 2 Italian league as livorno ( 5 star )

conceeded ONE goal and that was in the cup final which I lost.

Best players were Licka, C + A Lucarelli, Vrygas ( Great Defender ! )

I also bought Lucas Podolski, do you guys think it was unrealistic of me to do so?

I mean hes only 19 and a budding talent, I dont think he would be too out of reach

amadeus said:
Finished Division 2 Italian league as livorno ( 5 star )

conceeded ONE goal and that was in the cup final which I lost.

Best players were Licka, C + A Lucarelli, Vrygas ( Great Defender ! )

I also bought Lucas Podolski, do you guys think it was unrealistic of me to do so?

I mean hes only 19 and a budding talent, I dont think he would be too out of reach

Nah, I like going for the youngsters. I try to keep it realistic by not picking up every youngster in sight though. Got to have veterans too - not a team of 17-19 year olds.

In my first ML ever for PES4, I did just that. I picked up all kinds of youngsters, and not to say that it was bad - but the consistency was off. The stats were outrageous but it's like they chose when they wanted to be good (just like in real life :) ).

legacalcio.jpg

Transfer Update

palladino1.jpg

Pastorello Purchases Palladino

Hellas Verona are reported to have agreed a four year deal with 22 year old Juventus striker Raffale Palladino, subject to a medical.

The Veronese club came back with an aggressive second bid to beat off competition from Livorno, the fee believed to be in the region of €5.25 million. It is seen as a steep price for a young forward unproven at the top level, particularly for a traditionally miserly board, and the move is timed directly in the wake of rising criticism from Hellas ultras regarding the President's lack of financial support thus far in their survival attempt. Despite income from player sales, promotion and a strong Serie B cup run last year, the Verona board had not spent a penny on transfer fees.

The cynical view is therefore that President Giambattista Pastorello was determined to get his man on this occasion simply to relieve the pressure. "We are very excited about the signing of Raffaele from Juventus", announced Verona's sixty year old President. He was eager to make his point, adding: "I believe this shows our ambition to remain in Serie A where the club belongs."

palladino3.jpg
palladino2.jpg

Palladino arrives at the Aeroporti Sistema del Garda (left), and in action for Salernitana (right)

A former Italy U-19 international, Palladino scored 14 goals in 34 games on loan at Salernitana, but has never shown signs of breaking into the senior lineup at Juventus. He will make his first appearance in front of the brigate gialloblú when 12th-placed Verona host Inter next at the Stadio Bentegodi.

Match Report: AZ Alkmaar 1-3 Corinthians

I really had an eye on Huysegems. This guy is tricky so I had Mascherano covering instead of pushing up the whole match. I'm glad I did.

9' - El Khattabi tries from WAY out but Fabio Costa punches the ball away.

12' - C. Alberto almost scores but AZ goalkeeper Timmer parries the low shot.

15' - Tevez is cheated out of a penalty. Coach Dalton is clearly furious and gestures something to the ref from the sidelines. He's tossed immediately after the referee talks to his assistants.

30' - Dinelson is called offside when he looked perfectly on - replay shows it was the right call though.

33' - Nice moves by Huysegems to see him through on goal , but Costa comes up big again.

39' - Khattabi is clean through on goal but somehow manages to miss the 1 v 1 chance.

42' - Wilson scores with a pass from Tevez. He's left alone with the keeper in which he obliges by rounding Timmer. 1-0 Timao

49' - Mathijssen tries a 25 yard swirling shot but F. Costa saves once again.

53' - A pass from captain Gustavo Nery leaves Tevez basically with an open net. The AZ keeper was way off his line and Tevez makes him pay.

57' - Pass from C. Alberto leaves Wilson open to do what he wants. He scores with absolute ease. AZ substitution - Wisse in for Opdam.

60' - Wisse makes an immediate impact. He connects with an early ball from Van Galen but Wisse's header is just wide.

71' - Roger, Rafael Silva, Seba Dominguez replace Betao, Dinelson, and Wilson.

83' - Silva and Tevez hook up giving Timmer a hard time and almost giving Tevez another goal.

88' - Van Galen puts Khattabi through to score a consolation goal for the fans.

Other stats - AZ had 9 shots on goal with 6 being on target. Corinthians had 11 shots on goal with 8 on target. AZ 42% -Possession- 58% Corinthians.

Results from Week 9 Fixture 3 - Auxerre 1-2 Bordeaux, Malaga 0 -2 Santos, CSKA 2-1 Wolfsburg.

Next match is at home against Malaga.

Media:

Costa A Player To Admire

fabiocosta.jpg

Costa warms up before match.

Alkmaarder Hout was the place where things were about to get ugly for Corinthians. A controversial penalty no call had Coach Dalton livid, and his reactions had him sent to the locker room early. A team that is away without a coach could be a bit intimidating - Corinthians players now knew what Santos felt like for a change.

In steps Fabio Costa, a hidden hero until now. After the dismissal of his coach he decided to put matters into his own hands - no pun intended. The solid keeper started off by saving an outrageous shot by Khattabi... this was before his coach was sent packing. Something seemed to light up in the former Santos player after the incident - he had the eye of the tiger.

He was well on his way to a clean sheet until Khattabi did what he came for, and that was to score goals. It was too little too late - mission accomplished by Costa. Without this man between the post it's safe to say Corinthians would more and likely be sporting an "L" on the calender in week 9 instead of a "W".

Here's what he thought about his coach's dismissal. "I thought it was unfair. We already had some controversy going on and the ref was a bit sketchy in his decision. I didn't want to dwell on it long because I had a game to play. We came to win and that's what we did. I don't think I'm a hero I think I'm a professional that's paid to do a job, and if I didn't do my job then I would've let my fans down and my team down." Humble words from a rock solid keeper.

In other news, Santos president Teixeira has decided to give physio Romango Sanchez a shot at being the new Santos coach. After defeating Malaga 2-0 at the Estadio La Rosaleda Teiexeira offered Sanchez a 1-year contract in which Sanchez accepted. There were mixed reactions from the Santos camp but for the most part all "Santistas" agreed - Sanchez is a consistent coach with tactical genius. He could well be the answer to the problem but the future can only tell what happens.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom