The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Champions League Update

foto_nieuws.jpg
Utrecht all over the media as they go through to the knockout stages of the CL

I’ve just gone through to the knockout stages of the CL after an impressive top of the table finish in the group stage. I won four games in a row, drawn one and got beaten 3-1 away to Lyon in the last game. My top scorer in the CL is Rajcomar with five goals and Yebda, Knopper, El Gaaouiri and Wisse have all managed chip in with one goal.

This is how I finished in the group stage:

FC Utrecht………..6…….14
Spartak Moscow….6……..11
O. Lyon…..……….6………7
Galatasaray ………6………6

In the Quarter-Finals I’ve been drawn with Barcelona, which is a bit of a tricky tie but hoping to go through to either face Real Madrid or Chelsea.

N.C.E. Super League Update

img7537.jpg
Players wave to fans over there impressive league win over Bayern

Last time I told you I had to beat Bayern Munich to keep up the pressure for the title, which I did, 3-2 (at home), a goal from Jun, Rajcomar and an 89 min. winner by Wisse. Santa Cruz two goal effort wasn’t enough. This put me four points behind them in 3rd place.

During the negotiation period I was 3rd, two points behind Schalke ’04 (2nd) and Bayern Munich (1st).

My top scorers were:

Rajcomar….7
Jun………...5
Wisse……..3
Leitoe……..2
Kolk………2

I didn’t buy no one during the transfer window, but was desperate to sell Augstien. But nobody came in and made a bid for him, which was annoying. I wanted to sell him because he was to small (178cm) and started to annoy me with the amount of time the ball just kept going over his head, especially when I was a goal down. Last season I didn’t bother me that much because I wasn’t that much worried about winning the League. He is a good player ability wise, he can dribble, pass and has a good balance but he was just to small and the ball kept going over his head lol. I just put Vidic back in my first eleven who was more of a solid all round defender.

====================

Now 25 games later I am 2nd, five points behind Bayern, The table looks like this:

Bayern Munich…….25……..44
FC Utrecht………….25…….39
Schalke ’04…………25…….39
Ajax…………………25…….37
FC Porto…………….25…….35

I’m doing well at the moment, just hope I don’t slip up because Bayern just keep winning their games, which could widen up the gap if I lose a match. I am facing Bayern two games time, which will be a huge game for me if I seriously want to win the league.

Super League Cup Update

img0521.jpg
Utrecht knocking PSV out of the cup

I’ve been doing really well in the Cup, this is my current run so far this season:

Round 1
1st Leg: Ajax 1 -1 FC Utrecht
2nd Leg: FC Utrecht 3 – 1 Ajax

Quarter Final
1st Leg: PSV 1 – 4 FC Utrecht
2nd Leg: FC Utrecht 4 – 4 PSV

Semi-Final
1st Leg: FC Utrecht 1 – 0 Bayern Munich

I’m hoping to win the Cup this year, just need to beat Bayern in the Semi-Final, I am currently looking good 1-0 up in the first Leg, just can’t be complacent in 2nd Leg.

Jun is currently the top scorer in the Cup with five goals, Leitoe is second with three goals and Rajcomar has also chipped in with two goals in competition.

IF that is the Agustien who's in Holland world youth championship squad which I believe it is, his position is wrong.

He needs to be a DMF and SB and should have technique, balance in 75 or so. He's a descent player and one with potential.

bergamo.jpg

Double Joy For Atalanta

Three weeks ago Hellas Verona dreamed of a glorious league and cup double. Instead, they are left to suffer the celebrations of a team that have beaten them to both, bitterly contemplating what might have been.

Atalanta's final day heroics snatched the Serie B title from Verona, and if that wasn't hard enough for the gialloblú to take, yesterday they had to stand by and watch the same opponents lift the Serie B Cup as well. Within touching distance of both, it has been a disappointing month for Verona.

Atalanta, on the other hand, were really in dreamland just sixty-five seconds into the final. The newly crowned Serie B champions stormed into a shock lead via Michele Marcolini's long range strike, taken early on his left foot to surprise goalkeeper Gianluca Pegolo at his near post.

marcolini2.jpg
marcolini3.jpg

Marcolini turns to celebrate Atalanta's winner, soon joined by his teammates

It was an unexpectedly early setback, but Verona still had 89 minutes to find an equaliser and failed to do so. While Atalanta were causing problems through the constant, elusive movement of Marcolini and Montolivo, Verona were static, slow and uninspiring on their big day. They may have held the lion's share of possession but they were unable to create many chances, whereas Bernardini, Montolivo, Budan twice and Marcolini again all came close to doubling the lead.

Verona's best chance perhaps fell to the feet of midfielder Tiberio Guarente from Bogdani's knock down, only for the gap to be swallowed up by two alert Atalanta defenders and the effort was blocked. Atalanta's Fabio Rustico picked up the man-of-the-match award for his part in a flawless defensive display from the Serie B champions; Delio Rossi's men remained unfazed even when Verona threw substitutes Adaílton and Iunco on to form a futile four-man attack late in the game.

Verona must now retire for the summer, lick their wounds and ponder just how on earth they will surive in Serie A next season. Atalanta, meanwhile, enter a summer of celebration, the prospect of a top-flight future the icing on a well-decorated cake.

Stringer Bell said:
Champions League Update

foto_nieuws.jpg
Utrecht all over the media as they go through to the knockout stages of the CL

I’ve just gone through to the knockout stages of the CL after an impressive top of the table finish in the group stage. I won four games in a row, drawn one and got beaten 3-1 away to Lyon in the last game. My top scorer in the CL is Rajcomar with five goals and Yebda, Knopper, El Gaaouiri and Wisse have all managed chip in with one goal.

This is how I finished in the group stage:

FC Utrecht………..6…….14
Spartak Moscow….6……..11
O. Lyon…..……….6………7
Galatasaray ………6………6

In the Quarter-Finals I’ve been drawn with Barcelona, which is a bit of a tricky tie but hoping to go through to either face Real Madrid or Chelsea.

well done mate on getting through to the knockout stage. Will the Princce become the King of europe i wonder ?!?

nerf said:
bergamo.jpg

Double Joy For Atalanta

Three weeks ago Hellas Verona dreamed of a glorious league and cup double. Instead, they are left to suffer the celebrations of a team that have beaten them to both, bitterly contemplating what might have been.

Atalanta's final day heroics snatched the Serie B title from Verona, and if that wasn't hard enough for the gialloblú to take, yesterday they had to stand by and watch the same opponents lift the Serie B Cup as well. Within touching distance of both, it has been a disappointing month for Verona.

Atalanta, on the other hand, were really in dreamland just sixty-five seconds into the final. The newly crowned Serie B champions stormed into a shock lead via Michele Marcolini's long range strike, taken early on his left foot to surprise goalkeeper Gianluca Pegolo at his near post.

marcolini2.jpg
marcolini3.jpg

Marcolini turns to celebrate Atalanta's winner, soon joined by his teammates

It was an unexpectedly early setback, but Verona still had 89 minutes to find an equaliser and failed to do so. While Atalanta were causing problems through the constant, elusive movement of Marcolini and Montolivo, Verona were static, slow and uninspiring on their big day. They may have held the lion's share of possession but they were unable to create many chances, whereas Bernardini, Montolivo, Budan twice and Marcolini again all came close to doubling the lead.

Verona's best chance perhaps fell to the feet of midfielder Tiberio Guarente from Bogdani's knock down, only for the gap to be swallowed up by two alert Atalanta defenders and the effort was blocked. Atalanta's Fabio Rustico picked up the man-of-the-match award for his part in a flawless defensive display from the Serie B champions; Delio Rossi's men remained unfazed even when Verona threw substitutes Adaílton and Iunco on to form a futile four-man attack late in the game.

Verona must now retire for the summer, lick their wounds and ponder just how on earth they will surive in Serie A next season. Atalanta, meanwhile, enter a summer of celebration, the prospect of a top-flight future the icing on a well-decorated cake.

hi,

comiserations mate, a double whammy like that in a short space of time is hard to take.

I hope your able to rally the troops during the break. Do you think its a case of bringing in some more chaps with the winning mentality during the summer or did your boys just freeze on the big occasion ?

db

Iberian Division 2 Cup - 1st Round, 1st Leg

Espanyol 2 Maritimo 0
Tamudo pens 4,15

tamudo2pens.jpg

Referee Pedro Henriques showed two red cards and awarded two penalties to effectively premauterly end Maritimo's assualt on the Taca for the 3rd season in a row.

After just 4 minutes Teixera caught Maxi on the edge of the box, and much to the dismay of the tall centre back and his teammates, the man in black pulled out red after pointing to the spot. Tamudo comfortably sent Marcos the wrong way and the home crowd into raptures.

Just ten minutes later Loovens was adudged to have pulled back De La Pena, the foul was clearly on the edge of the area, but once again the official whistled for a penalty kick. As before the Espanyol captain calmly netted to give the hosts a comfortable 2-0 lead.

Down to 10 men, Maritimo had to soak up continued pressure untill the 52nd minute when Minambres was shown his marching orders after a crude challenge on N'doye. With both sides now having lost a man, the Portuguese were able to impose themselves on the game, and could of halved the defecit if Lobaton hadn't blasted wide after chesting down a Wenio pass.

s3_c1ref.jpg
- El bastardo in the black

other results : Numancia 0 - 3 Sociedad / Malaga 1 - 1 Getafe / Albacete 0 - 0 Levante

----

Simao bitter as Henriques scoops award

s3_c1awards.jpg

In the Evening following the first round, the Portuguese Football community got together at a gala evening in Lisbon to celebrate their annual awards.

s3_c1awards3.jpg

José Peseiro who guided Sporting back into the Iberian top flight at the first time of asking was named Manager of the Year

s3_c1awards2.jpg

and much to Mr Simao's dismay Senor Henriques picked up the prestigious Official of the Year award.

The Englishman not able to attend the ceremony was scathing in his judgement calling it "a disgrace" and a "sure sign that the cream doesn't necessarily rise to the top".

denirobob said:
I hope you're able to rally the troops during the break. Do you think it's a case of bringing in some more chaps with the winning mentality during the summer or did your boys just freeze on the big occasion ?
Perhaps a bit of both; we definitely need some more experience in. Atalanta dominated the midfield too, so that's the area that most needs strengthening. We won't last even sixty-five seconds in the big time if we can't be more competitive in the middle of the park.

The good news is that promotion and a good cup run has filled the coffers a little, so hopefully the presidente will fund a couple of new faces this summer...

PLF said:
IF that is the Agustien who's in Holland world youth championship squad which I believe it is, his position is wrong.

He needs to be a DMF and SB and should have technique, balance in 75 or so. He's a descent player and one with potential.

Do you know what PLF, i new that he was registered to the wrong position because he was to small to be a CBT, a RB was more his position....thanks for the info.

Also is his main position RB or DMF?

denirobob said:
well done mate on getting through to the knockout stage. Will the Princce become the King of europe i wonder ?!?

Report coming soon ;)

s3_g5.jpg

Real Sociedad 1 - 1 Maritimo
Uranga 75, Jadid 77

With Pacheco rested for the upcoming game with Albacete, Mr Simao thoughts were at the other end of the field.

Disinformation from the Sociedad camp led Maritimo to believe Nihat would start despite having picked up a knock in the Cup, so pacy Rui Marques was drafted in to try and nullify his speed. In reality Gari Uranga replaced the small Turk, so Mr Simao had to break the news to Marques in the tunnel, and bring in Loovens to combat the aerial threat of Kovacevic.

In the event, Maritimo went toe to toe with the league leaders, and ultimately came out on top as they caught the San Sebastian outfit with a sucker punch moments after conceding themselves.

Goals

rso-osa1.jpg

- Uranga (75) Rifled into the top corner after nutmegging Teixeira on the ege of the box.

- Jadid (77) Fed on a superbly weighted pass by Wenio and tucked the ball under the advancing goalkeeper

Other results : Malaga 2 Levante 1 / Espanyol 1 Albacete 2 / Numancia 0 Getafe 2

-

s3_g6.jpg

Maritimo 1 - 1 Albacete
N'Doye 66, Mikel 77

Albacete goalkeeper Gasperic pulled off a serious of jaw dropping saves including an outrageous 40 yards effort by Pacheco that he tipped over the crossbar to keep the Spanish in the game. The Portuguese took their foot off the gas thinking the match was sewn up and paid for their nonchalance, reaffirming that their are NO gurantees in the Iberian Second Division.

Goals

- N'doye (66) Moulongui got to the byline, pulled the cross back and the Senegalese wide man arrived right on time to head home

mikel.jpg

- Mikel (77) Maritimo's defence went to sleep and allowed Mikel to run into the heart of the defence and slide the ball past Marcos

At the end Mr Simao definetly felt that it was two points dropped although he was quick to point out that the team are currently riding high in their highest poistion since his arrival at the club.

Other results : Getafe 2 Espanyol 1 / Sociedad 0 Malaga 0 / Levante 0 Numancia 0

Table After 6 games...

Malaga 13
Sociedad 12
Levante 10
Maritimo 9
Numancia 8
Albacete 7
Getafe 6
Espanyol 1

In the final game of the season, I was 2 points behind Bayern Munich (1st) and Ajax (2nd), I had to win my last game against Wolfsburg to win the league hoping Bayern and Ajax can slip up. In the game against Wolfsburg I went 2-0 down in the first half…I really couldn’t be bothered to fight back and win the game because I Bayern probably winning there game so I thought BLAH…but when it was half time and I saw Bayern and Ajax losing I thought to myself I should go for this and I did…I put three strikers up front and started to go all out attack…the game went to 3-3 in the space of 20 minutes in the second half….it was one of those ding-ding games where you need to be in the lead to make sure your not going to lose the match! I managed to win the game 6-4 with Rajcomar scoring four goals, Jun and Wisse also going on the score sheet. So I did it, won the league in an incredible fashion and Schut lifted the cup after missing out on the UEFA Cup :) I did make it hard for myself by drawing and losing silly games…if I played consistently I would of won the league about five games ago. But I’m Champion and that’s all that matters :mryellow:

The league finished like this:

1 FC Utrecht………….30…….55
2 Ajax…………………30……54
3 Bayern Munich………30…...54
4 PSV………………….30……53
5 Shakhtar Donetsk……30……50
-----------------------------------------
R VFL Wolfsburg…….30…….27
R Olympiakos…………30…….24

img4528.jpg
players celebrate winning the N.C.E. Super League

My top scorers in the league:

Rajcomar……...19
Jun…………….12
Wisse…………..7
Leitoe………….5
Erenmenko…….3

This season there was a total of nine goals that came from my midfield four. Yebda two goals, Be. Cheyrou two goals, Erenmenko three goals and Kolk two goals. Not something really big but at least it’s nice to know that your midfield could chip in with a few goals. Also Rajcomar and Jun have formed a bit of a partnership scoring 31goals together in the league, also Jun been scoring a few goals in other matches while Rajcoamr has been rested. So it’s good that I can have another striker who I can rely on to score goals. Another thing Rajcoamr was second top scorer in the league this season, just four goals behind Santa Cruz who was first.

Yes! Managed to do the double by winning the Div 1 Cup for the first time. My last report I said I was 1-0 up in the Semi-finals 1st leg of the Div 1 Cup against Bayern…in the 2nd leg they beat me 3-2 but I won the tie on away goals. I was in the final against O. Lyon, who I beat 1-2. In the match they took the lead in the 3rd minute with a goal from Wiltord…managed to level the game in the 31st minute with a goal from Jun. It was Jun again who scored the winner in 65th minute. Schut, the captain, lifted the cup :) In the competition Jun was top scorer with six goals and overall best player. Nice, nice, nice 8)

davebeker2.jpg
Schut, the captain, kisses the N.C.E. Super League Cup

Made it thorough the knockout stages of the Champions League finishing first in the group stage. I got drawn with Barcelona, which was a bit of a tricky match. In the 1st leg, at home, I won the match 1-0 with the only goal coming from Rajcoamr. Thought to myself I made it through…but in the 2nd leg, at the Nou Camp, I was beaten 2-0 with two goals from Ronaldinho. For some reason I couldn’t score a goal in that match, which would of put me through to the semis…I was really disappointing. But next season I will go all out to win it!

Transfer report now:

IN:

J. De Jong (PSV) -----------> FC Utrecht – Free

J. De Jong, 33, is a OMF, who has a good technique, has a good dribble ability and is also good passer. The bad him about him is his terribly slow, his top speed is 60 and his acceleration is 59. It doesn’t bother me that much because I brought him in as a squad player, to come and play in every now and then and to add a bit depth in my squad. Also he was on a free which is nice :mrgreen:

Ripson (NAC Breda) --------------> FC Utrecht – 3 Million Euros

Since I sold Shew Atjon this season, I needed another left-back as a back-up for Braafheid. Ripson, 26, is decent enough SB to come on for Braafheid…he even might get a regular place in the staring line-up depending on how good he plays. Also his got long hair lol.

Van Buyten (Hamburg SV) ------------> FC Utrecht – 4.8 Million Euros

A really good defender to partner Schut at the back. Van Buyten, 33, has another two years left in him and he still has the ability of a decent defender. The only problem is his speed, his top speed is 57 lol, which is worse than J. De Jong. But it doesn’t matter he has a good balance and can barge defenders of the ball when they are approaching him and he is really tall (197cm) and will probably win 90% of the headers that comes his way.

OUT:

Shew Atjon (FC Utrecht) ---------> Chelsea – 3 Million Euros

LMAO, don’t know why Chelsea want a 35 year old left back. His probably going to retire in the next one or two season so I though I cash in before he does. Also this guy is really skinny in real life lol :lol:

Gorlitz (FC Utrecht) -----------> Charlton - 4.7 Million Euros

A right-back who has done well for me since his been here, but couldn’t hold a regular place in the squad with Verhaegh playing so well. Which is not good got a German Int’l….so Charlton looked like a good place for him to play regularly ;)

Very good season for me, done the double by winning the league and the league cup. Next season I want to try and do the treble. Get a higher position in the WEFA rankings, I am currently in 15th place. And more importantly, be more consistent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Stringer Bell said:
In the final game of the season, I was 2 points behind Bayern Munich (1st) and Ajax (2nd), I had to win my last game against Wolfsburg to win the league hoping Bayern and Ajax can slip up. In the game against Wolfsburg I went 2-0 down in the first half…I really couldn’t be bothered to fight back and win the game because I Bayern probably winning there game so I thought BLAH…but when it was half time and I saw Bayern and Ajax losing I thought to myself I should go for this and I did…I put three strikers up front and started to go all out attack…the game went to 3-3 in the space of 20 minutes in the second half….it was one of those ding-ding games where you need to be in the lead to make sure your not going to lose the match! I managed to win the game 6-4 with Rajcomar scoring four goals, Jun and Wisse also going on the score sheet. So I did it, won the league in an incredible fashion and Schut lifted the cup after missing out on the UEFA Cup :) I did make it hard for myself by drawing and losing silly games…if I played consistently I would of won the league about five games ago. But I’m Champion and that’s all that matters :mryellow:

The league finished like this:

1 FC Utrecht………….30…….55
2 Ajax…………………30……54
3 Bayern Munich………30…...54
4 PSV………………….30……53
5 Shakhtar Donetsk……30……50
-----------------------------------------
R VFL Wolfsburg…….30…….27
R Olympiakos…………30…….24

img4528.jpg
players celebrate winning the N.C.E. Super League

My top scorers in the league:

Rajcomar……...19
Jun…………….12
Wisse…………..7
Leitoe………….5
Erenmenko…….3

This season there was a total of nine goals that came from my midfield four. Yebda two goals, Be. Cheyrou two goals, Erenmenko three goals and Kolk two goals. Not something really big but at least it’s nice to know that your midfield could chip in with a few goals. Also Rajcomar and Jun have formed a bit of a partnership scoring 31goals together in the league, also Jun been scoring a few goals in other matches while Rajcoamr has been rested. So it’s good that I can have another striker who I can rely on to score goals. Another thing Rajcoamr was second top scorer in the league this season, just four goals behind Santa Cruz who was first.

Yes! Managed to do the double by winning the Div 1 Cup for the first time. My last report I said I was 1-0 up in the Semi-finals 1st leg of the Div 1 Cup against Bayern…in the 2nd leg they beat me 3-2 but I won the tie on away goals. I was in the final against O. Lyon, who I beat 1-2. In the match they took the lead in the 3rd minute with a goal from Wiltord…managed to level the game in the 31st minute with a goal from Jun. It was Jun again who scored the winner in 65th minute. Schut, the captain, lifted the cup :) In the competition Jun was top scorer with six goals and overall best player. Nice, nice, nice 8)

davebeker2.jpg
Schut, the captain, kisses the N.C.E. Super League Cup

Made it thorough the knockout stages of the Champions League finishing first in the group stage. I got drawn with Barcelona, which was a bit of a tricky match. In the 1st leg, at home, I won the match 1-0 with the only goal coming from Rajcoamr. Thought to myself I made it through…but in the 2nd leg, at the Nou Camp, I was beaten 2-0 with two goals from Ronaldinho. For some reason I couldn’t score a goal in that match, which would of put me through to the semis…I was really disappointing. But next season I will go all out to win it!

Transfer report now:

IN:

J. De Jong (PSV) -----------> FC Utrecht – Free

J. De Jong, 33, is a OMF, who has a good technique, has a good dribble ability and is also good passer. The bad him about him is his terribly slow, his top speed is 60 and his acceleration is 59. It doesn’t bother me that much because I brought him in as a squad player, to come and play in every now and then and to add a bit depth in my squad. Also he was on a free which is nice :mrgreen:

Ripson (NAC Breda) --------------> FC Utrecht – 3 Million Euros

Since I sold Shew Atjon this season, I needed another left-back as a back-up for Braafheid. Ripson, 26, is decent enough SB to come on for Braafheid…he even might get a regular place in the staring line-up depending on how good he plays. Also his got long hair lol.

Van Buyten (Hamburg SV) ------------> FC Utrecht – 4.8 Million Euros

A really good defender to partner Schut at the back. Van Buyten, 33, has another two years left in him and he still has the ability of a decent defender. The only problem is his speed, his top speed is 57 lol, which is worse than J. De Jong. But it doesn’t matter he has a good balance and can barge defenders of the ball when they are approaching him and he is really tall (197cm) and will probably win 90% of the headers that comes his way.

OUT:

Shew Atjon (FC Utrecht) ---------> Chelsea – 3 Million Euros

LMAO, don’t know why Chelsea want a 35 year old left back. His probably going to retire in the next one or two season so I though I cash in before he does. Also this guy is really skinny in real life lol :lol:

Gorlitz (FC Utrecht) -----------> Charlton - 4.7 Million Euros

A right-back who has done well for me since his been here, but couldn’t hold a regular place in the squad with Verhaegh playing so well. Which is not good got a German Int’l….so Charlton looked like a good place for him to play regularly ;)

Very good season for me, done the double by winning the league and the league cup. Next season I want to try and do the treble. Get a higher position in the WEFA rankings, I am currently in 15th place. And more importantly, be more consistent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO :mrgreen:

Well done mate, the first of many more triumphs i'm sure.

Nice celebration pic too.

denirobob said:
Well done mate, the first of many more triumphs i'm sure.

Nice celebration pic too.

Thanks mate, i'm sure there will be many more triumphs :mrgreen:

I can't wait to be playing with this team on PES5 ML :D

legacalcio.jpg

Transfer Round-up

luciano.jpg
gennaro.jpg

Verona Settle On Midfield Duo

Siqueira De Oliveira Luciano didn't have far to go to find a new club when his contract with Chievo Verona expired this summer. In fact the Brazilian didn't even leave the city, preferring to sign on with rivals Hellas Verona.

The bosman signing brings to an end a busy summer for the newly promoted side, though little of it could be deemed successful. After repeatedly being linked with a long list of tempting names such as Angelos Basinas, Cristian Brocchi, Dino Baggio, Alberto Aquilani and many more besides, the frustrated Hellas faithful will have to make do with Luciano and Gennaro Del Vecchio, both arriving on free transfers from Chievo and Perugia respectively.

Verona have defended their transfer activity by claiming the importance of signing experienced professionals with a team ethic, but the names will hardly get the Hellas Verona fans drooling. In fairness it is not due to lack of effort, simply that the 1985 Serie A champions no longer hold so much of an attraction, particularly when the bookies have tipped them as favourites for relegation.

Departing the Stadio Bentegodi were Senegalese winger Papa Waigo, who fell out of favour last season and will be hoping to gain revenge when they face his new club Lecce this season, and promising young Swiss international Valon Behrami, who got his wish of a move to England and the Premiership. The contracts of three fringe players - Artistico, Doardo and Soligo - were not renewed.

Elsewhere, the biggest moves of the summer both involved more illustrious Serie A teams. AC Milan added further riches to their squad with the capture of Spanish international Xavi from Barcelona, while Juventus prised ambitious Steven Gerrard from Liverpool.

legacalcio.jpg

Serie A 2005/2006 Preview

hellasbadge.jpg

Hellas Verona

League Position: 2nd (Serie B)
Cup Record: Runner-up (Serie B Cup)

The other half of Verona joined their city rivals in the top flight by finishing runner-up in last season's Serie B. Unfortunately, a less than spectacular summer leaves the new boys with a big task on their hands this season.

Experience in the middle shouldn't be a problem, where the expected midfield four of Melis, Del Vecchio, Mazzola and Luciano boast an average age of 31. Whether they will be quick enough to match other Serie A midfields is debatable, and there is not a great deal of depth there.

The successful renewal of centre-back Alberto Comazzi's contract was Verona's number one priority this summer. The Supporters' Player of the Year had a flawless promotion campaign at the heart of the Hellas defence last season, but he will need more assistance from Turati and Gervasoni if the three amigos are to cope with dangerous Serie A strikers. Behind them, goalkeeper Pegolo remains an unknown quantity with average potential.

comazzi.jpg
freekick.jpg

(Left to right) Comazzi, Adailton and Carbone will be key at opposite ends of the field

Hellas Verona's attacking hopes lie squarely at the inconsistent feet of Adaílton and Benito Carbone. Though it is yet unclear whether the two can function on the same pitch, their dead ball skills and occasional ability to create chances out of nothing will be crucial to Verona's survival. Who will stick these chances away is another matter - Cossu scored for fun in Serie B but lacks the pace to do it at this level, while Bogdani is little more than a target to bounce long balls off. Don't be too surprised if Verona make a desperate move for a striker in the January window, particularly if the first few months of their season are as difficult as expected.

Verona begin their return to Serie A football with a trip to face Adriano's Inter in the San Siro. It isn't likely to get any easier further down the line.

Prediction: Relegation Fodder

Well Van Buyten is as slow as hell even in his prime so I can imagine he'll have a 57 top speed when he gets to 33! lol

nerf said:
legacalcio.jpg

Serie A 2005/2006 Preview

hellasbadge.jpg

Hellas Verona

League Position: 2nd (Serie B)
Cup Record: Runner-up (Serie B Cup)

The other half of Verona joined their city rivals in the top flight by finishing runner-up in last season's Serie B. Unfortunately, a less than spectacular summer leaves the new boys with a big task on their hands this season.

Experience in the middle shouldn't be a problem, where the expected midfield four of Melis, Del Vecchio, Mazzola and Luciano boast an average age of 31. Whether they will be quick enough to match other Serie A midfields is debatable, and there is not a great deal of depth there.

The successful renewal of centre-back Alberto Comazzi's contract was Verona's number one priority this summer. The Supporters' Player of the Year had a flawless promotion campaign at the heart of the Hellas defence last season, but he will need more assistance from Turati and Gervasoni if the three amigos are to cope with dangerous Serie A strikers. Behind them, goalkeeper Pegolo remains an unknown quantity with average potential.

comazzi.jpg
freekick.jpg

(Left to right) Comazzi, Adailton and Carbone will be key at opposite ends of the field

Hellas Verona's attacking hopes lie squarely at the inconsistent feet of Adaílton and Benito Carbone. Though it is yet unclear whether the two can function on the same pitch, their dead ball skills and occasional ability to create chances out of nothing will be crucial to Verona's survival. Who will stick these chances away is another matter - Cossu scored for fun in Serie B but lacks the pace to do it at this level, while Bogdani is little more than a target to bounce long balls off. Don't be too surprised if Verona make a desperate move for a striker in the January window, particularly if the first few months of their season are as difficult as expected.

Verona begin their return to Serie A football with a trip to face Adriano's Inter in the San Siro. It isn't likely to get any easier further down the line.

Prediction: Relegation Fodder

Hi mate

absolutely 100% quality. Fully enjoyed reading that although I have to feel a little sorry for Bogdani! ;)

Which other sides are likely to be among the stragglers that you'll be competing with ?

db

Thanks very much db. I'm sure Erjon can handle his critics ;)

I guess Atalanta could struggle too. It's difficult to say. Siena and Messina were obviously the weakest teams but they've been relegated, so... perhaps a team like Brescia or Chievo could get sucked in. It would be nice if we stayed up and Chievo went down ;)

nerf said:
Thanks very much db. I'm sure Erjon can handle his critics ;)

I guess Atalanta could struggle too. It's difficult to say. Siena and Messina were obviously the weakest teams but they've been relegated, so... perhaps a team like Brescia or Chievo could get sucked in. It would be nice if we stayed up and Chievo went down ;)

Could be some fireworks at the derby games then by the sounds of it - Maybe Luciano will return to haunt his old side.

Do you have any friendlies lined up at all ?

db

nerf said:
No notable friendlies I'm afraid. I'm always much too eager to get the new season going ;)

fair enough mate. what really annoys me is that you can only play teams in the ML and not say take on a few smaller sides from another country or national teams (proper summer tour).

db

yup would've been briliant to actually utilize all those teams available but ML structure is crap for the time being and we can only hope :roll:

PLF said:
Well Van Buyten is as slow as hell even in his prime so I can imagine he'll have a 57 top speed when he gets to 33! lol

He used to play in the EPL with Manchester City, do you think thats why they sold him?

Also his a good freekicker in real life. He used to take long freekicks when he was at Marsellie.

They didn't sell him. He was there on loan for a season from Marseille but was highly rated and had many big clubs sought after him. Naturally he didn't want to stay at City and hadn't exactly impressed there either so City weren't so keen on spending cash on him when he hadn't been shining and he wanted to join a bigger club so he went to Hamburg.

He's slow as hell but still a descent defender.

Iberian Second Division Cup - 1st Round / 2nd Leg

Maritimo 1 Espanyol 1 (Espanyol win 3-1 on Agg)
Montolivio 85, Wenio 89

Teixeira suspended, N'Doye, Esteves & Pacheco all rested.

With an attacking lineup and continually forcing the play the whole game, the inevitable happened. Caught on the counter attack with 5 minutes remaining, Montolivio's shot sealed the Catalans passage into the semi finals.

Wenio was afforded time and space at the far post to nod home a consolation from Ahamada's cross, but it was too little too late as the Portuguese crashed out of the cup at the first round stage for the the third succesive season.

Other Results :
Sociedad 3 Numancia 0 (RS 6-0 agg) / Getafe 0 Malaga 2 (M 1-3 agg) / Levante 2 Albacete 1 (L 2-1 agg)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

toteequal.jpg

Malaga 1 Maritimo 1
Pacheco 5, Tote 28

A game for the conniseurs this one, as both sides went for the jugular right from the first whistle.

After 5 minutes it was first blood to the visitors, as Pacheco leapt highest to bury the ball under the goalkeeper from N'doye's pinpoint free kick. The home side stung into action, responded with a passage of play that illustrated Iberian football at its best and just before the half hour mark got themselves a deserved equaliser.

Tote, demonstrated his class after a sublime turn which left Alves on his backside before firing across Marcos from 20 yards.

As the second half unfolded both sides created some great chances but couldn't quite put the finishing touch to their hard work. Tote once again on
target to become the leagues top marksman, almost added to his tally as a stinging effort bounced onto the bar and behind.

Other Results :
Espanyol 2 Levante 0 / Getafe 0 Sociedad 1 / Albacete 2 Numancia 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ha1.jpg

Ahamada swops Atlantic for Mediterranean...

Despite having only been at the club a short while the former Nantes & Beira Mar man Hassan Ahamada formally handed in a transfer request which was accepted by the club.

In truth the suddeness of the decsion by the right winger, wasn't such a shock to the Maritimo hierachy as one might have feared. Apparently Simao had been a little "underwhelmed" according to one insider at the Frenchman's attitude and fitness, and had been preparing to send him out on loan come the end of the season.

ha2.jpg
Ahamada - "I never settled into Island life"

Bem Vindo Edgar...

With the market particularly stagnant, a swop deal appeared to offer the best possibility of a successful outcome for all parties, and with relations (after the 1-1 draw) with Malaga particularly cordial, the Andalucian club were willing to discuss terms on a player swop.

sealsthedeal.jpg

Simao asked President Pereira to enquire about the avaliability of stocky bench warmer Edgar who had fallen down the pecking order behind Tote, Baiano, Amuruso and Wanchope. Thankfully negotiations were short and sweet, and the end result was a 1200 outlay and wages for the Angolan born striker of 425 a year, who will challenge Lobaton for the role of pint sized goalpoacher.

edgarsigns.jpg
Edgar signs his release papers

Back
Top Bottom