The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

I don't have a modified PS2 PLF unfortunately, I have to play with default stats.

Yeah, I am the Riot you're on about, the effort that is put into these ML updates is amazing especially that website. What do you lot think of my signings? I'm sure all would/could move to Benfica in real life.

Transfer Update

beni0.jpg

The Many Colours of Benito Carbone

Turin, Napoli, Milan... Bradford... the career of Benito Carbone has been as colourful and varied as the badges he has kissed. At 33 years old the diminutive fantasista still seems incapable of settling down as he prepares to join the sixteenth club of his career.

Verona is the new destination for Benny, albeit to Hellas of Serie B rather than Chievo of Serie A. Carbone has signed a two year deal with the promotion hopefuls, abandoning the giallorossi of Serie C1 Catanzaro for the chance of a last shot at Serie A with the gialloblú.

Hellas Verona are Carbone's fourth team since his return to Italy following six years in England, and it is seen as a gamble on the club's behalf to take on an ageing journeyman with a penchant for the unpredictable. On the other hand, if Carbone's talents can spark the likes of Adaílton, Cossu and company to greater attacking feats, the risk could yet yield that oh-so-valuable promotion.

Carbone is expected to start on the bench when Verona host Cagliari next at the Stadio Bentegodi, as the league campaign resumes following the winter break.

beni1.jpg
beni2.jpg

@Riot oh that sucks man. It truly does. I probably wouldn't enjoy PES/WE games 1/3 as much as I do even without having correct stats/patches and such. A modchip is defintely worth it.

@Nerf, a bit of risky signing but I feel you took a good gamble. He's always had flair and even at age of 33 I'm sure he might just convince you that he still can be a valuable addition to your team by providing a couple nice passes or perhaps a few winning strikes. ;)

Hope he succeeds at Verona and brings them back to Seria A.

Benfica
Mid-Season Transfers

In:
GK Bruno Vale The young very promising goalkeeper signed from Porto for €1.2 million Euros plus out of favour stopper Quim. Even though both teams are rivals, they each saw benefits from the transfer as neither held down a first team place at their former clubs.

CB David Rozehnal

Seen above expressing his transfer to the media, the highley rated Czech defender was wanted by many top European clubs such as VFB Stuttgart and Feyenoord but it was Benfica who won the race for his signature. Obviously he is not as good as Vincent Kompany but he is a lot cheaper at €4.1 million Euros.

RB
Loukas Vintra

Joining Benfica from Panathanaikos along with teammate Ezequiel Gonzalez, he cost in a part exchange €1.5 million Euros plus Tiago Gomes. Initially he was a central defender but Loukas Vintra moved to the right when Giourkas Seitaridis left Panathinaikos FC for FC Porto who is now at Dynamo Moscow. A Greek Under-21 international, he was part of the squad that played on home soil in the 2004 Olympic Games.

DM Tiberiu Ghioane

This Romanian is very much a versatile player as he can play anywhere along midfield or defence. He would be a very useful player at Benfica although it could unfortunately be the reason if he's a regular on the bench. Tiberiu came from Dynamo Kiev for €4.3 million Euros.

LM Alberto Riera

This Spaniard's previous clubs include Bordeaux, as seen in photo above, and Real Mallorca but not getting much success. He is a very gifted midfielder who posses start like shooting and crossing skills and he is not afraid to dribble. The introduction of Riera may alter the Benfica formation a little but he cost them €6.5 million Euros.

OM Ezequiel Gonzalez

After expressing his lust for moving to Benfica, he finally got his wish when he signed for €6.9 million Euros. The Argentinian playmaker Ezequiel González is a gifted attacking force with two good feet, and is a leader on the field and would definately hold a first team place. A product of hometown club CA Rosario Central, the teenage González made his debut in the 1997/98 season, quickly becoming a favourite with the fans before moving to AC Fiorentina in 2001. Although Panathanaikos were not much of a success, big things are expected of him at the Estadio De Luz.

WG Neri Alberto Castillo

A skilful striker who relishes showcasing his considerable dribbling skills, Nery Alberto Castillo left his native Uruguay for Greece aged 16 to further his career although Castillo was set to sign for Manchester United FC when he left Uruguay, but saw his hopes scuppered by work permit problems. He cost Benfica €7 million Euros.

Total Spent: €33.5 million Euros but with some players sold, it evens up the expenses.

Out:
GK Quim - Exchange for Bruno Vale (Porto)
GK Yannick - €1.6 million Euros (Troyes)
CB Amoreirinha - €2.2 million Euros (Vitoria Setubal)
LB Tiago Gomes - Exchange for Vintra (Panathanaikos)
DM Paulo Almeida - €4.6 million Euros (Dinamo Kiev)
RM Nuno Assis - €3.2 million Euros (Standard Liege)
RM Carlitos - €4.5 million Euros (AEK Athens)

R.I.P Miklos Feher​

Accompanied by his chairman Luis Felipe Viera, captain of champion football team Portuguese Benfica Simao Sabrosa puts a team-scarf on the grave of their late teammate Miklos Feher in the local cemetery of Gyoer, some 120 kms west from the Hungarian capital Budapest 30 May 2005. Feher, who played 25 times in the national team, died on 25 January 25 last year at the age of 24, after he collapsed on the pitch during a Portuguese league match in Guimaraes, northern Portugal.

The players took time out to pay respect to a much loved player of the team. A spokesperson for Benfica said the players want to do the double by winning the league and cup and dedicate it to Miklos Feher. These were sad scenes but it showed the support of the Benfica 'family'.

Debut players impressed despite loss​

Shakhtar Celebrate after Goal​

A match with teams place first and second promised to be a great match and that's exactly what it was. Debut players for Ezequiel Gonzalez, Bruno Vale, Riera and Ghioane all featured but despite their impressive perfomances, they did not get the debut win they wanted but Benfica are still very clear at the top and almost certain to win the league.

The first goal was scored by Donetskh after what only could described as a lucky fluke. From the right, Elano put in a cross which looped over a helpless Bruno Vale. However within minutes, Benfica equalised through Delibasic after Simao missed a penalty. However it wasn't the Portuguese team who would get the late winner as the young Romanian, Marica who is described as the Romanian 'Rooney', neatly finished a good move and slotted it through the keeper's legs as benfica pushed for the win. It was tense at the end but Benfica had two shots cleared off the line and new players, Gonzalez and Riera were both denied by the same post.

Scorer: Delibasic

Other Matches
The Superliga Cup - Galatasaray: Win 3:0 (Delibasic 2, E. Gonzalez)
Basel FC: Win 1:0 (E. Gonzalez)

Home Debut Goal For Ezequiel

Even with his quite high price tag, Benfica had no reason to keep their receipt as Ezequiel has been impressing and improving so much and is becoming a fans favourite along with Simao. From attacking midfield he has scored two in three matches continuing to assist and create goals much more effectively than Manuel Fernandes who has moved into a more defensive midfield position. And yet to reach his peak, he still has a few years to improve and we could be seeing a future Argentinian International regular.

Nice stuff Riot. You're defintely a welcomed addition here ;)

Shame Riera won't be using his magical Freekicks in your game though :(

I know :(

He has a good shot on him though. I tried to get realistic transfers as well.

Night

Riot89 said:
I would like to say how good these updates are and I'm glad to see that people only sign realistic players, much more better to read. Deniro, how are you writing about the Portuguese league? I have a Portuguese option file but the player's stats would reset.

Anyway here are my Master League stories with Benfica in the Rest of Europe League. I also only sign realistic transfers as it makes it more fun, interesting and I won't get bored. I try my best with updates and add photos as well:

The link is from pesfan so you will need to register but it's worthit 8)

----> http://www.pesfan.com/bulletin/showthread.php?t=73855 <----

Thanks Riot

Hi Riot

Basically Maritimo are (along with the Big 3 in Portugal) grouped alongside all the Spanish sides in an Iberian superleague. Maritimo started off with the default mob and 3 swopped players - Esteves, Ogjanovic and Van Emmerik (option 3 I think). Basically Lobaton is Castello, Stromer is Tonel, Matt is The Legend that is Wenio etc....

I picked Maritimo (originally considering Boavista) as my fiancee's family are from Madeira and I've got a personal affinity with the team and the place now.

As i'm a few seasons in, obviously theres quite a large influx of real players from other clubs in there now - although I try to stick as closely as possible to target players either with careers in Portugal, Portuguese/Portuguese parentage, Spanish speaking and African/Dutch/E European players.

thanks. I'm a designer/web designer by trade, so when I get spare moments at work, thats what I do. Stringer has rightly taken me to task for the lack of updates (something I hope to rectify from season 3 onwards) although i think I'm going to wait for WE9/PES5 to really push the boat out on a more realistic/detailed club site!

all the best, nice updates btw!

db

Stringer Bell said:
Nice to see you here Riot89, it's about time your bitch ass comes home to evo-web.

And you brought your stories with you ;)

I've been registered for a while now but I prefer it on
pesfan as that's where I've been applying my trade since PES2. Also I can't believe Milanista. What a geek :p

nerf said:
Transfer Update

beni0.jpg

The Many Colours of Benito Carbone

Turin, Napoli, Milan... Bradford... the career of Benito Carbone has been as colourful and varied as the badges he has kissed. At 33 years old the diminutive fantasista still seems incapable of settling down as he prepares to join the sixteenth club of his career.

Verona is the new destination for Benny, albeit to Hellas of Serie B rather than Chievo of Serie A. Carbone has signed a two year deal with the promotion hopefuls, abandoning the giallorossi of Serie C1 Catanzaro for the chance of a last shot at Serie A with the gialloblú.

Hellas Verona are Carbone's fourth team since his return to Italy following six years in England, and it is seen as a gamble on the club's behalf to take on an ageing journeyman with a penchant for the unpredictable. On the other hand, if Carbone's talents can spark the likes of Adaílton, Cossu and company to greater attacking feats, the risk could yet yield that oh-so-valuable promotion.

Carbone is expected to start on the bench when Verona host Cagliari next at the Stadio Bentegodi, as the league campaign resumes following the winter break.

beni1.jpg
beni2.jpg

Hi mate

Theres no doubting his quality, but will having the footballing equivalent of Abi Titmuss in your side leave you feeling like John Leslie, as the Paparazzi revel in the sordid tale of a bright young managers fling with a soccer mercenary ?

db

Lol I always thought that Milanista at PESfan is this one too lol I guess not.

That guy is active as well over there.. having all kinds of thread and updating apperances and shit lol..

guess it's not this one though anyways lets stop this here guys. This is way too off-topic and this thread is holy ;) it's the best one in evo-web so lets get back on topic.

legacalcio.jpg

Atalanta Concede Pole-Position

Yesterday's crucial top of the table clash at the Stadio Bentegodi went the way of Hellas Verona, who moved ahead of Atalanta in the standings for the first time this season with a 1-0 victory.

In a tight, tense game of little flair or goalmouth action, the unlikely hero was replacement Andrea Dossena, who was filling in for the injured Martino Meli on Verona's left flank. The defender's 79th minute winner arrived courtesy of Atalanta's inability to track his late run from deep, Cossu's clever pass and a composed left-foot finish.

dossena1.jpg
dossena2.jpg

Winner : Dossena sidefoots past Taibi.... and celebrates with his teammates.

Delio Rossi's men were unable to find an equaliser in the time remaining and had to settle for defeat. Atalanta were the bookies' favourites for Serie B champions at the start of the season and had looked in good shape to fulfil that prediction, but their post-Christmas league form of one point from three matches has caused them to relinquish the top spot.

Elsewhere, struggling Perugia's revival was short-lived as they lost 2-0 in Vicenza, while there were 1-0 wins for both Torino and Genoa.

Serie B Table - Week 10

1. 20pts Verona
2. 18pts Atalanta
--------------------
3. 18pts Genoa
4. 14pts Vicenza
5. 12pts Torino
6. 12pts Livorno
7. 11pts Cagliari
8. 5 pts Perugia

nerf said:
legacalcio.jpg

Atalanta Concede Pole-Position

Yesterday's crucial top of the table clash at the Stadio Bentegodi went the way of Hellas Verona, who moved ahead of Atalanta in the standings for the first time this season with a 1-0 victory.

In a tight, tense game of little flair or goalmouth action, the unlikely hero was replacement Andrea Dossena, who was filling in for the injured Martino Meli on Verona's left flank. The defender's 79th minute winner arrived courtesy of Atalanta's inability to track his late run from deep, Cossu's clever pass and a composed left-foot finish.

dossena1.jpg
dossena2.jpg

Winner : Dossena sidefoots past Taibi.... and celebrates with his teammates.

Delio Rossi's men were unable to find an equaliser in the time remaining and had to settle for defeat. Atalanta were the bookies' favourites for Serie B champions at the start of the season and had looked in good shape to fulfil that prediction, but their post-Christmas league form of one point from three matches has caused them to relinquish the top spot.

Elsewhere, struggling Perugia's revival was short-lived as they lost 2-0 in Vicenza, while there were 1-0 wins for both Torino and Genoa.

Serie B Table - Week 10

1. 20pts Verona
2. 18pts Atalanta
--------------------
3. 18pts Genoa
4. 14pts Vicenza
5. 12pts Torino
6. 12pts Livorno
7. 11pts Cagliari
8. 5 pts Perugia

Hi mate, are you still due to play genoa ? looking quite tight at the top, but good to see you in pole position.

db

A mixed bag of results completed Maritimo's preparations for their third season in Division 2. Two close home defeats were followed by an enthralling 2-2 draw at the Stade Louis II, which saw Pacheco's notch his first goal for his new club. Finally an encounter with Italian side Palermo ended goaless, who despite newspapers reports to the contary decided against fielding former Maritimo misfit Alan.

H 0-2 Sochaux

H 0-1 Bordeaux

A 2-2 Monaco (Moulongui & Pacheco)

A 0-0 Palermo

soch.jpg
Lacombe - Sheepish in Sochaux

There was even quite a comical mixup at Santa Cruz airport as the two visiting French teams were due to fly out on the same day after the Bordeaux game. The Madeiran intercom announcer got the names of the club's mixed up, which saw Sochaux boss Guy Lacombe trying to board the wrong flight, only realising his mistake on seeing Franck Jurietti following the rest of his Girondins team mates into the departure lounge.

jurietti.jpg
Monsieur, you ave made a terrible mistake

Previously written on 30/5/05

Finished the first half of the 2009 season. Currently 6th in the league, was without Rajcomar 14 weeks so I’m not doing that bad.

The table looks like this;

1 O. Lyon………………….15……32
----------------------------------------------
5 Bayern Munich…………..15……25
6 FC Utrecht……………….15……24
7 FC Basel…………………15……24

Since Rajcomar has been injured my forwards had to step their game up and they haven’t been doing bad since his absence, my top scorers in the league were:

Ludvigsen……..…5
Calabro……….….5
Rajcomar…….…..5
Wisse………….…4
Eremenko…….….3
Leitoe……………2

If Rajcomar was fit he would of scored more goals than all of them put together.

The most impressive player so far was Ludvigsen, he was originally brought in as a squad player, but has been really impressive so far, scoring 5 goals from an attacking midfield role, to a forward role and as a winger. Surprised me how good Ludvigsen is, he can play four different positions which are CF, WF, OMF and SMF. He’ll probably be playing more regularly now and will be important player to the squad because of his versatility. Also Yebda (who I bought from Auxerre in season 2004) has been placed in the first team, in a CMF role next to Be. Cheyrou, been playing really good when I start him and has developed into a decent player, so Bakke is a sub now, but will still be an important player in my squad. Agustien has also been placed in the first team since his impressive proformance during preseason and also has been really solid at the back with Schut. Also Calabro, Wisse and Leitoe have all been playing well since Rajcomar absence, they’ve all scored 11 goals all together and have shown there worth, especially Calabro who has been scoring some impotant goals for me, so his place up front with Calabro is still intact.

1314.jpg
Yebda on form

In the Div 1 Cup I managed to get knocked out in the first round which was really disappointing! I was tied with PSV, the first leg was a home leg which I won 2-1 and in the second leg I lost 1-0, the goal I conceded was a lat minute goal from Sibum, which was some cheap header from a cross my defenders should of dealt with!!!

I am not in Europe this season even though I won the UEFA Cup last season!

Never bought anyone in the transfer window, but a player went out which was Tsuboi (Japanese Int’l) being released. His been a decent player for me but has been in the pecking order this season, only making one appearance.

tsuboi.jpg
Tsuboi released to Urawa Reds

A quick update on how my squad looks so far:

Goalkeepers

Stekelenburg
Bruno Vale

Defense

Schut
Augutien
Verhaegh
Braafheid
Vidic
Di Tommaso
Gorlitz
Zuidam
Shew Atjon

Midfield

Be. Cheyrou
Bakke
Eremenko Jr.
El Gaaouiri
Yebda
Broerse
Kruys
Ludvigsen
Knopper

Forwards

Calabro
Rajcomar
Wisse
Leitoe

Benfica do their job even with harsh conditions​

Delibasic brace spurs Benfica on​

Spartak Moscow 0 Benfica 2

Serbian Delibasic was the hero in Moscow grabbing a hard earned brace in the last ten minutes. Key players were missing in Luisao, Ezequiel Gonzelez and Bruno Aguiar due to fatigue. However the new signings meant that Benfica had a very strong to take to the 'cold' country.

The weather was awful and it made it virtually impossible to play football but the referee demanded that it was played. The conditions payed for a very dull first half with only Benfica creating a few promising chances and Cavenaghi hitting the post.

Things looked better in the second half where Benfica played more attacking and keeping more and more possession. However in the eightieth minute, Simao went on a darting run and put a dinking ball into Loukas Vintra who supplied Delibasic with an inviting cross for him to header into the roof of the net. The second came after Petit won a penalty. However Simao's blast wsa saved by Kowalewski but Sabrosa pulled it back to Delibasic for an easy tap in.

Scorers: Delibasic (2)

Other Results:
League Olympiakos 1-1 (Simao)

League Table:
1.) Benfica 48
2.) Galatasaray 39
3.) Shakhtar Donetsk 36
4.) Dinamo Kiev 34
5.) CSKA Moscow 32
6.) Porto 31

Top Goalscorers:
Delibasic 16
Shatskikh 15
Simao 13
Niculae 11
Vagner Love 9

Quick Update

050402img7380.jpg
A dissapointing loss

I just lost 3-2 to PSV, when i was 2-0 up in the first half. Wisse scored two goals from a corner...was doing well and everything, second half came...Beasly crossed a ball for Farfan to head into goal in the 53rd minute...i just had to score another goal and it would of been certain i won the match but in the 80th minute Lucius scored a goal from a corner, which i didn't defend properly 2-2 now ](*,) I just had to hold on! Then again in the 87 minute Lucius had the ball and was running in on goal, tryed to stop him with two players but kept on barging past them and he unleashed a shot from just outside the penalty area and it went in on the right far corner of my goalkeepers side 3-2...lost the match :mad:

050402img7304.jpg
Lucius goes past a player to score the late goal

But the bad thing was that i am now 10 points behind O. Lyon with four games to go :( And my hopes of winnign the league is more or less over!!! I have to win my remaining four games to stand a chance of winning the league, which won't be easy with my incossistent form :o

Last edited:
denirobob said:
Hi mate, are you still due to play genoa ? looking quite tight at the top, but good to see you in pole position.
No, we will not play Genoa again this season. It is looking quite tight, though I suspect Atalanta will probably be too strong for Genoa when they meet next. A draw would be nice ;)

In this position with four games left I'd be disappointed if we miss out, so fingers crossed.

A tale of two keepers, as Season 3 kicks off in style

Season 3 of the Master League begins in earnest on Saturday evening, with the eagerly awaited clash between Espanyol and Maritimo. Whilst both sides have varying reasons for feeling positive about the game's outcome, two men in particular may hold the key to which of these sides is celebrating come Sunday morning.

kameni.jpg

Idriss Carlos Kameni, is a young custodian from Cameroon, whose star is most certainly on the rise. After 5 years in France, his move to Spain has seen him win many rave reviews in the nation's notoriously fickle sports press. With constantly mature performances, it is no wonder that he has been impressing scouts from many of Europe's top clubs, however despite the adulation, the self effacing keeper has his mind on the more immediate task of securing promotion for his club.

"I hear people talk, of course. There's no doubt one day I want to try and prove myself on the highest stage possible, but for now all I want to concentrate on is getting the club back where they belong.

Playing Maritimo will be a tough game, they're like the proverbial wounded animal you know, dangerous because they've been threatened, been under attack these last few seasons, so we must prepare and be ready to face them."

marcosgk.jpg

In contrast, the Brazilian Marcos is now at the other end of his career. A veteran performer, who still manages to maintain the athleticism and shot stopping ability of his younger days, content to play out his remaining years in his adopted Atlantic homeland. He is confident that the Madeiran club can turnaround what so far has been a pride sapping few years.

"I know the last two seasons have been a major disappointment for everybody. The Madeirans are such a warm people, but you can see it in their faces that they really feel as if we've let them down. My greatest wish is to take this club to the cup final or win promotion and see the emotion and pride of the Island really come out.

I think the club's spent well in the summer and we've brought in enough new faces to give the place a lift. I'm not saying we will go up this year, but I'm fairly confident that we can progress onto the next level."

Team News...

goalsespa.jpg

The Canaries are likely to start with a full strength line up which will undoubtedly see Raul Tamudo and Ivan Del Pena try to maintain the form of last season. This diminutive dynamic duo contributed to over half of the Catalans 30 goal haul last year, and similar form this time around is certainly not beyond the realms of possibility.

For the visitors, Pacheco, Matabuena and N'doye are all definite debutants, and there may well be two more at the back where Teixeira is struggling to shake of a niggling groin injury. If the jeri curled stopper fails to be passed fit, it'll be a shake-up between Tonel, Rui Marques, Alves and Loovens for the centre back slots.

Back
Top Bottom