The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Completed my 5th season with FC Utrecht. Finished 7th place AGAIN!!! This season I wanted to win the Championship but with my usual inconsistency I new I wasn’t, there is a time where I would win 4-2 next game I lose 2-0! Not only that I keep losing to Schalke (who have Van Bommel!!!) seems like they are my bogey team. And the other thing is the table was so tight, I was 8th in the league with 3 games to go and I was only 4 points behind Lyon, who were top!!!…I was just going up and down the table all season long, highest position I was in was 4th place.

This is how I finished in the table;

1 O. Lyon……………..30…….53
-----------------------------------------
6 O. Marseille…………30…….47
7 FC Utrecht…………..30…….46
8 Spartak Moscow…….30…….46

These were my top scorers:

Rajcomar……….18
Calabro…………..8
Eremenko………..5
Leitoe…………....4
Wisse…………….3

rajcomar_uit.jpg
Rajcomar still on top form

This is how I finished over the past 5 seasons:

Div 2: 4th
Div 2: 1st
Div 1: 7th

As you can see I love 7th place :mrgreen:

Let me get back to where I left you off in the Div 1 Cup. In the Quarter Finals I beat Spartak Moscow 2-1 on Agg. Then in the Semis I had a tricky tie with Schalke. In the first leg of the tie (at home) I drew 2-2 with, after being 2-0 up in first half (Van Bommel scored a sweet goal from 28 yards to make it 2-2). In the second leg I was 1-0 up in the 63rd minute everything looking nice, I’m through to the final, BUT NO! They came back with 2 goals in the last ten minutes ](*,) a goal from H. Altintop and the winner from Ailton, whether it was me being complaisant or the com that’s another story….the matter was I threw away a lead, went out of the Cup and lost Schalke again!

I qualified for the UEFA Cup and I was tied in the first round with Deportivo, beat them 2-0 in the first leg, at home. Second leg I drew 1-1 with them, through to the Quarter Finals. In the Quarter Finals was tied with A.C. Milan beat them 2-1 at home (first leg), in the second leg I beat them 3-0 amazingly!!! They were poor. In the Semi Finals I was tied with Roma, first leg at home I beat them 5-1, second leg drew 2-2 with them….couldn’t believe how much form I was in this competition! So I was in the finals with Newcastle United, played in the San Siro for the finals. Was a really attacking game with Newcastle having most of the chances and Rajcomar missing beautiful chances for me, but it was me who came on top, in the 64th minute a foul by Bramble on El Gaaouiri gave the ref no decision but to give a penalty and who to convert it but the man of the moment RAJCOMAR! 1-0 and I held on to win the UEFA Cup!!! The top scorer in the UEFA Cup was Rajcomar with 7 goals and he was deservedly so the player of competition. Eremenko top assistors with 2 assist.

amstelcup04052405_tcm7-47626.jpg
Players on the bus back to Utrecht, as they celebrate their UEFA Cup win with fans

Eremenko had a more productive seaon with 5 goals in the league and 4 assists. Rajcomar scoring the goals as usual, scored a brilliant freekick for me this season, his freekick accuracy is now 78, But Cheyrou (freekick accuracy 81) is still the number one freekick taker in my team! Calabro had a bit of a slump beginning of the season with 2 goals in 15 games but came back strong to finish the season with 8 goals. Leitoe hasn’t been in the squad a lot but still mangad to come and score 4 goals this season, very fast player! Need to find a way to make him play more. Had a big blow in my squad with Schut getting injured for 14 weeks… and at the age of 27 his probably not going to get back to his best. Overall my players were alright this season if not a bit dozy, was great winning the UEFA Cup but to bad captain Schut couldn’t left the Cup for the team (Van Den Bergh vacated for him in final).

I was a bit active in the negations window:

IN:

Agustien (Willem II) --------> FC Utrecht – 3.1 Million Euros

Agustien, 21, is a Dutch CBT, who is going to be a future replacement for Schut. He has a lot of pace, has a good balance, can head the ball, can dribble and pass well too looks like a good prospect. But the bad thing about him is he is only 177cm tall, which isn’t really that bad but could be a bit taller especial against these tall strikers.

Ludvigsen (Norwegian) -------> FC Utrecht - 3.8 Million Euros

Ludvigsen, 27, is a left-footed SMF who can play as a CF, WF and a OMF, I brought him to add a bit of depth in the squad if some of my player get injured or tired, very versatile player.

Gorlitz (Bayern Munich) ------> FC Utrecht – Terol + 2 Million Euros

Brought Gorlitz, 27, in as an extra defender who can play as a SB, CBT and SMF. Again a player to add some depth in my team. Looked like a good deal after all Bayern needed a goalkeeper after Oliver Kahn retired and they sold all there other GK, they had Sagnol in goal all season! (they finished 14th BTW :lol: ).

Stekelenburg (Ajax) --------> FC Utrecht – 4.5 Million Euros

After trading off Terol to Bayern Munich I brought in Stekelenburg, 26, to fill in the first choice keeper spot (Bruno Vale is my second choice keeper). Very tall Dutch goalkeeper who looks like he will do well for my team.

OUT:

Van Den Bergh (FC Utrecht) ----------> Olimpiakos – 4.2 Million Euros

Sold Van Den Bergh because he is way past his peak and was hardly getting a game with El Gaaouiri in the first team playing well and Kruys coming on for him (on the right) when his fatigued.

sb5.jpg
Players say good bye to Van Den Bergh in his last match for FC Utrecht

Terol (FC Utrecht) -------------> Bayern Munich – Gorlitz + 2 Million Euros
Terol is a really good GK but the problem with him is that he can’t play consistently without getting tired (stamina 52) in about 3 games! So I thought it would be a good deal for me to get Gorlitz and Bayern get Terol (plus money on top) because they never had a keeper.

nerf said:
That's the end of my De Graafschap ML, I'm afraid ;)

I had hoped to go the distance with that one, but after taking a break from it for a while I found that I wasn't yearning to go back, at the same time as I was being distracted by a fresh idea. So I thought it was best to draw the curtain on that one - I think ten seasons is a pretty decent length anyway ;). It was a lot of fun.

In case anyone is interested, for a limited time I've uploaded all the De Graafschap ML bits onto one page for consecutive reading. Click here should you fancy killing five minutes with a quick recap.

For my next venture I'm heading to Italy. I don't know how regularly I'll post but hopefully I'll chip in every now and then.

10 years is a great achievement my friend, and one that you should feel righly proud of.

I'll have a look at your site later mate, although i think 15 minutes is probably more appropriate to soak up your decade of highs and lows.

all the best in your new ventures, I look forward to seeing where you end up.

Db

gerd said:
My friends i'm gutted...i "lost" my ML with Wolfsburg (saved another ML in that slot)...This was the most enjoyable ML i played in my PES "career"...
I was currently first in the Bundesliga, four point ahead of Bayern Munchen. Was in the final of the cup against VFB Stuttgart and in the semi-final of the WEFA-Cup (a 3-1 win at home against Barcelona, with D'allessandro playing fabulous...).

Well i guess i shall start a new one, but i seriouslyu doubt if it will be as good as this one.

I just finished my second season with Wigan Athletic (their first season in the Premiership.

1 Liverpool
2 Chelsea
3 Man Utd
4 Newcastle
5 Wigan Athletic

LuaLua finished as top scorer with 21 goals...
Never thought that this team would finish fifth...

Thats tough mate, I don't know what I'd do in a similar situation especially once youve poured your heart and soul into a ML. You have my sincere commiserations.

db

Stringer Bell said:
Completed my 5th season with FC Utrecht. Finished 7th place AGAIN!!! This season I wanted to win the Championship but with my usual inconsistency I new I wasn’t, there is a time where I would win 4-2 next game I lose 2-0! Not only that I keep losing to Schalke (who have Van Bommel!!!) seems like they are my bogey team. And the other thing is the table was so tight, I was 8th in the league with 3 games to go and I was only 4 points behind Lyon, who were top!!!…I was just going up and down the table all season long, highest position I was in was 4th place.

This is how I finished in the table;

1 O. Lyon……………..30…….53
-----------------------------------------
6 O. Marseille…………30…….47
7 FC Utrecht…………..30…….46
8 Spartak Moscow…….30…….46

These were my top scorers:

Rajcomar……….18
Calabro…………..8
Eremenko………..5
Leitoe…………....4
Wisse…………….3

rajcomar_uit.jpg
Rajcomar still on top form

This is how I finished over the past 5 seasons:

Div 2: 4th
Div 2: 1st

As you can see I love 7th place :mrgreen:

Let me get back to where I left you off in the Div 1 Cup. In the Quarter Finals I beat Spartak Moscow 2-1 on Agg. Then in the Semis I had a tricky tie with Schalke. In the first leg of the tie (at home) I drew 2-2 with, after being 2-0 up in first half (Van Bommel scored a sweet goal from 28 yards to make it 2-2). In the second leg I was 1-0 up in the 63rd minute everything looking nice, I’m through to the final, BUT NO! They came back with 2 goals in the last ten minutes ](*,) a goal from H. Altintop and the winner from Ailton, whether it was me being complaisant or the com that’s another story….the matter was I threw away a lead, went out of the Cup and lost Schalke again!

I qualified for the UEFA Cup and I was tied in the first round with Deportivo, beat them 2-0 in the first leg, at home. Second leg I drew 1-1 with them, through to the Quarter Finals. In the Quarter Finals was tied with A.C. Milan beat them 2-1 at home (first leg), in the second leg I beat them 3-0 amazingly!!! They were poor. In the Semi Finals I was tied with Roma, first leg at home I beat them 5-1, second leg drew 2-2 with them….couldn’t believe how much form I was in this competition! So I was in the finals with Newcastle United, played in the San Siro for the finals. Was a really attacking game with Newcastle having most of the chances and Rajcomar missing beautiful chances for me, but it was me who came on top, in the 64th minute a foul by Bramble on El Gaaouiri gave the ref no decision but to give a penalty and who to convert it but the man of the moment RAJCOMAR! 1-0 and I held on to win the UEFA Cup!!! The top scorer in the UEFA Cup was Rajcomar with 7 goals and he was deservedly so the player of competition. Eremenko top assistors with 2 assist.

amstelcup04052405_tcm7-47626.jpg
Players on the bus back to Utrecht, as they celebrate their UEFA Cup win with fans

Eremenko had a more productive seaon with 5 goals in the league and 4 assists. Rajcomar scoring the goals as usual, scored a brilliant freekick for me this season, his freekick accuracy is now 78, But Cheyrou (freekick accuracy 81) is still the number one freekick taker in my team! Calabro had a bit of a slump beginning of the season with 2 goals in 15 games but came back strong to finish the season with 8 goals. Leitoe hasn’t been in the squad a lot but still mangad to come and score 4 goals this season, very fast player! Need to find a way to make him play more. Had a big blow in my squad with Schut getting injured for 14 weeks… and at the age of 27 his probably not going to get back to his best. Overall my players were alright this season if not a bit dozy, was great winning the UEFA Cup but to bad captain Schut couldn’t left the Cup for the team (Van Den Bergh vacated for him in final).

I was a bit active in the negations window:

IN:

Agustien (Willem II) --------> FC Utrecht – 3.1 Million Euros

Agustien, 21, is a Dutch CBT, who is going to be a future replacement for Schut. He has a lot of pace, has a good balance, can head the ball, can dribble and pass well too looks like a good prospect. But the bad thing about him is he is only 177cm tall, which isn’t really that bad but could be a bit taller especial against these tall strikers.

Ludvigsen (Norwegian) -------> FC Utrecht - 3.8 Million Euros

Ludvigsen, 27, is a left-footed SMF who can play as a CF, WF and a OMF, I brought him to add a bit of depth in the squad if some of my player get injured or tired, very versatile player.

Gorlitz (Bayern Munich) ------> FC Utrecht – Terol + 2 Million Euros

Brought Gorlitz, 27, in as an extra defender who can play as a SB, CBT and SMF. Again a player to add some depth in my team. Looked like a good deal after all Bayern needed a goalkeeper after Oliver Kahn retired and they sold all there other GK, they had Sagnol in goal all season! (they finished 14th BTW :lol: ).

Stekelenburg (Ajax) --------> FC Utrecht – 4.5 Million Euros

After trading off Terol to Bayern Munich I brought in Stekelenburg, 26, to fill in the first choice keeper spot (Bruno Vale is my second choice keeper). Very tall Dutch goalkeeper who looks like he will do well for my team.

OUT:

Van Den Bergh (FC Utrecht) ----------> Olimpiakos – 4.2 Million Euros

Sold Van Den Bergh because he is way past his peak and was hardly getting a game with El Gaaouiri in the first team playing well and Kruys coming on for him (on the right) when his fatigued.

sb5.jpg
Players say good bye to Van Den Bergh in his last match for FC Utrecht

Terol (FC Utrecht) -------------> Bayern Munich – Gorlitz + 2 Million Euros
Terol is a really good GK but the problem with him is that he can’t play consistently without getting tired (stamina 52) in about 3 games! So I thought it would be a good deal for me to get Gorlitz and Bayern get Terol (plus money on top) because they never had a keeper.

great report mate!

Congrats on the UEFA cup triumph and that last picture is inspired, probably one of the mmost suitable ever seen on these pages.

I love the emotion on Den Bergh's teammates face as he can't hide his feelings at their parting of the ways.

good work fella

db

Yeah, thanks mate :)

That will be my new reporting style now.

Also lets learn a lesson from gerd, that is to always back our ML data on the MAX Drive USB or the Export thing :D

Stringer Bell said:
also lets learn a lesson from gerd, that is to always back our ML data on the MAX Drive USB or the Export thing :D

Don't know what you mean my friend...never heard of the things you mention...
Perhaps you could explain a litle bit more...
Thanks for the commiseations to you and DB...
And DB, good luck for next season...
Now that my Wolfsburg ML is finished, i can recommend a few gems that i used with that team:

Gonçalves: german SB
Makoun: DMF from Cameroun
Ben Saada: French FW who is very versatile and who i used as a back-up for D'Allesandro (CMF) or as a winger.
Messeguez: Argentinian CF
Petrov: Bulgarian winger (very good)
Hofland: Dutch CB.

I don't mention D'Allessandro, Baptista and Klimowicz which are better known players.
And then i also had Cardoso (Arg) in my team, but everybody on this forums seems to know that he becomes a great player, i was never awarte of it when i bought him.

I think i will start a new Ml with an existing Italian team, i'm looking for a team with good young players. Any tips...

gerd said:
Thanks for the commiseations to you and DB...
And DB, good luck for next season...
Now that my Wolfsburg ML is finished, i can recommend a few gems that i used with that team:

Gonçalves: german SB
Makoun: DMF from Cameroun
Ben Saada: French FW who is very versatile and who i used as a back-up for D'Allesandro (CMF) or as a winger.
Messeguez: Argentinian CF
Petrov: Bulgarian winger (very good)
Hofland: Dutch CB.

I don't mention D'Allessandro, Baptista and Klimowicz which are better known players.
And then i also had Cardoso (Arg) in my team, but everybody on this forums seems to know that he becomes a great player, i was never awarte of it when i bought him.

I think i will start a new Ml with an existing Italian team, i'm looking for a team with good young players. Any tips...

cheers Gerd

Could you give me the lowdown on this chap ? he sounds interesting.

His fav actors are Pacino & De Niro, so maybe I could tempt him to Madeira by pretending to be the great man himself..... "Hey Menseguez, you talkin to me??" ;)

menseguez.jpg
http://www.vfl-wolfsburg.de/static/vfl/red/saison/steckbriefe/2004_05/script/menseguez.jpg

Menseguez is a great forward DB...he's quick, good in the air and very good in the box...he probably has the highest goal/game average of all the players i ever used. To be honest i saw him as a player for the future. I usually played Klimowicz upfront together with Petrov and a second winger. i think Menseguez is only 20 years old at the beginning of the ML...
I think he must have scored in virtually every match he played, but so did Klimowicz. Chance had it that in my first match against Bayern Munich Klimowicz was injured and i played Menseguez (Meseguez in the game) who scored twice. After that one i always played him in the match against Munich and he always scored against them. In the off-season i tried the more usual 4-4-2 formation with Menseguez and Klimowicz both upfront but after a couple of bad try-outs (i lost all my pre-season matches...i remember a 7-1 thrashing by Metz) i reverted to a 4-3-3 formation with one of the two upfront together with two wingers.
I hope this helps DB.
Oh and a final advise: buy him, he's the one Maritimo need (on arrival give him a DVD of "the Heat" he will be delighted...).

Hey guys great to see all of you still going.

I ain't writing reports yet because i'm still workign on my data ;) yes everything good will take 4 weeks of non-stop work but it'll bring me and perhaps many others hours of joy in the long run so i'm very excited about playing with those stats in any of the leagues because now they will all have new players/squad/formation and it's basically like a new refreshing league no matter which I pick even if I go back to France with the SAME Sochaux side ;) lol

@Stringer, your reports are getting better all the time man. Enjoyed reading that last part. Didn't understand how you got Maarten Stekelnburg though?? was he NOT the 1st choice keeper at Ajax?

and LOL at BAyern playing Sagnol in goal all year long lol... that's retarded and I've never seen that hahahaha.

@Gerd, mate I know how it feels to lose a ML saved game. :( I can not do anything but just let you know about my sincerety for this situation I guess. Thankfully I haven't lost one in PES4/WE8LE because I always backup in 2 different places and save after EVERY Game so nothing will ever happen I guess unless maybe if power goes off during me saving the game in which case i'll still have my other saved file which will only be ONE game back but either way sorry to hear about that :(

Hope you find a new team that brings some freshness and an even more exciting ML to you.

As for Italian teams with lots of youngsters, well Parma defintely has the most youngsters since they basically have sold off their first team players in past couple seasons and replaced with youngsters both for DEPTH and for 1st choice playing time even though some are honestly not ready to have made the huge step but what are you gonna do ?? the club is desparate. But although they do have a lot of youngsters, I don't know how good their youngsters are because they're a bunch of no name ones.

However Udinese while having very descent squad with players in 25-28 like Iaquinta, Di Michelle, Di Natale also have a few good youngsters in Pinzi and Sulley Muntari so you might want to give them a go but it'd help also if you said how strong you want you team to be. Basically Udinese has strongest squad after the so called BIG TEAMS probably in Italy right now though Fiorentina aren't bad either and look at where they're sitting ;) lol.. honestly the strength of their squad player by player is not much less than Udinese yet one is qualifying for CL likely and one going back to Serie B. Just shows you how important coaches are as well and how bad it is to change coaches several times or put too high standards for yourself at begining of season adding extra pressure on players (Fiorentina aimed for a Uefa Cup spot at least at begining of season).

Roma has quite a few good youngsters and Palermo and Sampdoria have descent squads.

Where is Prof by the way?

gerd said:

A Max Drive is this >Click<

And a X-Port is this >Click<

==========

PLF said:
@Stringer, your reports are getting better all the time man. Enjoyed reading that last part. Didn't understand how you got Maarten Stekelnburg though?? was he NOT the 1st choice keeper at Ajax?

and LOL at Bayern playing Sagnol in goal all year long lol... that's retarded and I've never seen that hahahaha.

Thanks man,

Stekelnburg was first choice at Ajax, but maybe Stekenlburg was tired of playing for a team that kept on finishing between 8th and 10th (and always below me), so he probaly decided to move to my club :D

About Bayern having Sagnol in goal, yeah it was weird when i saw it, but i understood why, they probaly sold or released there two young GK's after Kahn retired :lol:

They had a really bad season when that happened, they even nearly got relegated. So i had to do something, by trading my goalkeeper with one of there players, which was Gorlitz because i was after this player two seasons ago. I didn't want them to do shit because i wanted a really good challenge with them and the other top teams in the Super League. In the new season Bayern are currently 2nd in the league and Steven Gerrad (who plays CMF) is running things a Bayern along with Ballack :mrgreen: :(

Last edited:
Thank you very much Stringer Bell.
As a matter of fact i' ve been searching for an X-Port for two years now. The thing is that i wanted to buy one from Play.Com, but for some stupid reason they don't deliver in Belgium (unbelievable...i'm living in the capital of Europe and they don't deliver here...). I've been searching in all kinds of shops but never actually found one.

3 new faces, as Maritimo begin restructuring

Wasting no time in getting moving in the transfer market, Mr Simao has sealed the signatures of 3 new players, in the first phase of a culling process that effectively leaves no sacred cows in a squad that has underachieved beyond all expectations.

After a sweeping search of the European game, Chainho has finally been replaced by combative midfielder Sergio Matabuena from Racing Santander.

1076266330_0.jpg

matabuena_receivesgift.jpg
- Sergio receives a parting gift for his part in Racing's success

Hassan Ahamada joins from underachieving Beira Mar where he was a big fish in a small pond but also uninspired. He is clearly looking to kick start his career after much early promise.

ahamada_beiramar.jpg
- cheer up it might never happen, Hassan realises he's been signed by Simao

ahamada_firstdaytraining.jpg
- In far brighter mood, on his first day of training

Bruno Alves puts pen to paper on a swop deal that brings the Portuguese back to his homeland from AEK in Greece, where he is likely to form a formidable partnership with Teixeira at the heart of the defence.

alves_thanksfans.jpg
- Big Bruno thanks the AEK fans

alves_arrives.jpg
- Arriving in Funchal, BB dresses down for the occasion

In exchange Maritimo's Joel Santos heads out to bolster the right side of the Greek's midfield and the club wishes all him all the best in his future career.

joelsantos.jpg
- Joel Santos, he'll be missed but his facial hair won't

Stringer Bell said:
Hey Db what postion do each of your new signing play in....and also give the ages too.

Hi mate

Matabuena is a DMF, Ahamada is a right winger and Alves is a no nonsense CB.

Ages are a bit tricky without the game but from memory I think Matabuena is 26, Ahamada 24 and Alves 24.

Hopefully more to follow in the next few days as there are quite a few other irons in the fire!

db

Simao brings in two more whilst 4 fly the nest

Ousmane N'doye a long term Simao transfer target, decided that life at Penafiel didn't offer the opportunities that the Iberian Second Division could, and is a very welcome addition to the squad. The Senagalese is sure to beef up the left hand side of the team with his muscular frame and pacy enthusiasm. His delivery on crosses and corners will also hopefully match his hefty 3750 price tag.

ndoyegoes.jpg

Right back Mario Sergio puts pen to paper on a deal that sees him leave Sporting and their promotion party on a free, to remain in the less comopolitan world of Division 2. The player himself spoke at length to Sport TV about the factors behind his decsion

msergio_discussesmove.jpg

and arrived late last night, seemingly enthused by the challenges that lay ahead.

msergio_arrives.jpg

Out of the Door go...... Bulgarian striker Bibshikov to Sampdoria for 2963,

bibishkov.jpg

One time Wolves midfielder Silas who in a suprising move (considering his goal tally for Maritimo) is allowed to agree terms with Sevilla for 4926,

silas.jpg

Ferreira replaces Mario Sergio at Sporting in a bizarre "wife swop" style situation

ferreira.jpg

whilst ageing midfielder Zeca is released on a free.

zeca.jpg

Some interesting transfer there Db, is Ousmane N'doye a Sengalise Int'l in PES4.

Also when are you going to update your website, not trying to put pressure on you or anything, but i liked your last website, so i am just looking forward to the things you are going to do with your current one.

Hi mate

yep he is, he was at Estoril (irl) at the start of the season before moving to Penafiel during the winter break. Not sure why he left Toulouse to be honest.

Actually i've nearly finished updating the site mate, to be honest its content rather than design changes but i want to relaunch once ive finalised my transfer dealings as i've got to build pages for new players

i reckon next tuesday would be a good day for it. you can hold me to that too! :)

db

denirobob said:
Hi mate

yep he is, he was at Estoril (irl) at the start of the season before moving to Penafiel during the winter break. Not sure why he left Toulouse to be honest.

Actually i've nearly finished updating the site mate, to be honest its content rather than design changes but i want to relaunch once ive finalised my transfer dealings as i've got to build pages for new players

i reckon next tuesday would be a good day for it. you can hold me to that too! :)

db

Ok thanks for the info.

Ousmane N'doye is that guy who scored against Benfica, which was the winning goal...this was about 3 weeks ago.

Is that right?

How do you guys know all these players ive never heard of. Your football knowledge is amazing.

i thought i knew a lot.

I love this! Finally a place where some people match my football knowledge or in many cases DB knows even more than me ;)

Keep the nice discussion going guys.

@Nerf 10 years is a mighty long ML mate don't worry! lol... I don't think I've done 10 seasons in all me 3-4 MLs combined together hahaa.

Somehow even with all my rules and realistic transfers and such I still get bored after 3 seasons but I suspect that was because of crap stats that I saw now that I'm doing my own update which has taken me 3 weeks and is still not done I'll probably have the most enjoyable ML I've ever had ;)

Reefur Patch + PLF Data = Most enjoyable ML I will ever have ;)

Take care

vicenzatifosi.jpg

Verona Conquer Neighbours

Tonight Hellas Verona stormed the hostile Stadio Romeo Menti in Vicenza and dumped their rivals out of the Serie B Cup in a heated derby.

Verona's twenty year old striker Antimo Iunco struck twice, both goals coming against the run of play in the second half. The first arrived in controversial circumstances, when Vicenza were convinced that the striker fouled defender Roberto Vitiello on his way to powering home a diving header. Television replays appear to support those claims, and the home fans were incensed when the blatant infraction was ignored by referee Alberto Cruciani; the goal was awarded.

Iunco would then go on to net his second goal in the 86th minute, benefitting from some good work by Albanian substitute Erjon Bogdani (pictured below left) to sweep a left foot shot into the corner and complete the 3-0 aggregate scoreline, at which stage the tie was already well beyond Vicenza's reach.

bogdaniassist.jpg
viscidi.jpg

Troubled waters...

Vicenza coach Maurizio Viscidi (pictured above right) could be facing a reprimand from the authorities for his outburst following his side's exit from the cup. The FIGC are said to have noted his criticism of the match official and will not take lightly to Viscidi's accusations that Signor Cruciani was somehow affiliated with their opponents.

All this unrest should add further spice for when the two rival teams, both tied for third place in Serie B, meet again next week in the league.

Serie B Cup Quarter Final Results

Cagliari 0 - 3 Atalanta
Genoa 4 - 0 Livorno
Torino 2 - 0 Perugia
Vicenza 0 - 3 Verona

Serie B Cup Semi Final draw

Atalanta v Genoa
Torino v Verona

Just a bit of info about my new ML -

There's an Italian-made patch for the Xbox, which amongst other things also adds the Serie B teams to the game. I've been wanting to do an Italian ML for a while and this finally made it possible without me having to do lots of editing myself ;)

I've taken on the task of guiding Hellas Verona into Serie A and beyond, starting with the match mode (real) squad. 6*, 15 minute games, plus the usual self-imposed restrictions. I'm playing with the Italian commentary on too ;)

Nice! Hope it gives you that fresh feeling you've been wanting and I reckon it should with the proper restrictions that you put and Italian commentary ;)

Do you have Valon Behrami in your team then? or is he in Genoa?

Why are Livorno and Cagliari in Serie B? Oh and PLF Behrami should be at Verona on loan from Genoa. Diego Milito is on Genoa, ex argentina international.

Yeah I know that Milanista but I was wondering if they've put him in Genoa or Verona in the patch he's using and hence if he has Behrami in his team and how he's rated.

If he is Nerf, is he Swiss or Albanian in your game?

Yep, they put Behrami in Verona. His ratings aren't very good but he's only young, so he's getting better with every game. He has Swiss nationality.

I put Livorno and Cagliari in Serie B because obviously there's only room for 16 teams in Serie A, so I had to drop some into the lower division.

Hmm, if Behrami's only on loan at Verona in real life, I wonder if I should release him at the end of the first season? :o
What do you think?

Last edited:
lol... well if you want to go by real life it's most likely that he won't go back to Genoa or stay at Verona if neither get promoted. He'll probably make a move to a bigger club this summer or at the very least a Serie A club.

His nationality should be Swiss so that's good to hear because he's represented them in Youth levels and although recently he expressed his wish to play for Albanian Senior NT, Swiss FA had problems with it and finally won the battle from Fifa and now he has to play for Switzerland or nothing lol as far as I'm aware ;)

What's his main position in the game?? what other positions can he play? and how crap have they put his stats?
a pic would be great actually lol.

and does he look like real life? if not you should update him.

Back
Top Bottom