The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

PLF said:
I say give him more of a chance before disposing of him.

In my opinion he IS a DMF but he's so much better than that which is why he can also play CMF and give assists and score which shouldn't make you mad if he's also doing his defensive midfield duties.

He does have a great shot on him did you see his volley in 92nd minute in Fulham vs. Man Utd match??? amazing I think he equalised and match ended 2-2.

Then NExt week he scored another long-range beauty this time I dunno against who.

He's a good player and built like a helicopter lol. should have 95 balance at least.

I must admit he did score a beauty for me to draw a match against Bayern. But i think i bought him atr thewrong time!!!! His ageing now and his balance: 85 :shock: shot power: 81.

I should of bought him at the start of the ML :(

I have found a player to replace him, who is at his peak to but much better stats overall.....i'll tell you in my next ML report.

Dime said:
Stringer - maybe you should try Salif Diao as your DMF? I also like Munteanu from Romania. Great player and playmaker. Can defend as well as run your offense.

Thanks for the recconmendation but.....Nah. In my next ML he might be a possible transfer target.

Last edited:
Hey guys during the off-season i've been experimenting with my formation. I played a 4-2-3-1 formation, which allowed Kruys to get in the starting line-up, on the left it was like this

Verhargh.....Schut.....Vidic......Braafheid

............Be. Cheyrou....Diop............

Kruys..........................El Gaaouiri..

...............Erenmenko....................

................Rajcomar....................

It worked well for the first pre-season match (against Aston Villa), which i won 1-0 but found it really difficult to score goals and Rajcomar only 181cm tall couldn't really get the ball in the air with the big defenders behind him. I could of lost the game because becuase villa just kept attacking and i wasn't getting hardly any shot in, i had 6 shot on goal the whole match, with Villa having 16. Lucky to win that match

I tried it again in the next pre-season match (against Brecia) and i lost 2-0 and in the first half (where i had Rajcomar up-front again), i had hardly no shoting chances but in the second half i replaced Rajcomar for Wisse (198cm), which was a little better because i had arial pressence upfront but still no shooting chances!!!

So it looks like the 4-2-3-1 formation that i thought would suit my team well is crap, especially when a goal down with hardly no shooting chances and my defence going all crazy!

So in the last pre-season match (against Atletico Madrid) i played my normal formation 4-2-2-2 with OMF as a LMF in the wide area. I won that match 5-0 :lol: So it looks like that formation might have to stay, seems like a more balance formation for me.

Its good i experimented with theformation during the pre-season matches, to say how well i can play with it. I'm gonna try out another formation in the next pre-seaon. Don't wanna do it in atually league matches incase it might backfire :D

Last edited:
titledecider.jpg

With just 3 games remaining in this season's Division 2 championship, Racing Santander are 8 points clear of nearest rivals Sporting Lisbon with a mere 9 points left to play for.

29 Rac
21 Sp

The two meet on Wednesday evening in a mouthwatering clash at the Alvalade in Lisbon. With the game already a sell out and tickets changing hands on the black market for upwards of 300 Euros. All the Spanish side must do is avoid defeat to be crowned champions, whilst their Portuguese hosts will be desperate for a victory that will put them right back into the race for glory.

Iberian Division 2 Roundup......of last 3 weeks.....

Albacete 3 - 0 Maritimo / Racing 3 - 2 Espanyol / Sporting 2 - 1 Getafe / Levante 2 - 0 Numancia

Maritimo 0 - 2 Racing Santander / Sporting 1 - 1 Levante / Espanyol 1 - 2 Numancia / Getafe 1 - 2 Albacete

Getafe 1 - 2 Maritimo / Numancia 1 - 3 Sporting / Racing 2 - 1 Levante / Albacete 3 - 4 Espanyol

After 2 dissapointing defeats, Maritimo got back on track with a well deserved win at Getafe with Mouloungui opening his account after latching onto a Jadid throughball. The Gabonese is beginning to find his feet in the Iberian league, and is already showing small glimpses of the power and pace he possesses.

Stringer Bell said:
Hey guys during the off-season i've been experimenting with my formation. I played a 4-2-3-1 formation, which allowed Kruys to get in the starting line-up, on the left it was like this

Verhargh.....Schut.....Vidic......Braafheid

............Be. Cheyrou....Diop............

Kruys..........................El Gaaouiri..

...............Erenmenko....................

................Rajcomar....................

It worked well for the first pre-season match (against Aston Villa), which i won 1-0 but found it really difficult to score goals and Rajcomar only 181cm tall couldn't really get the ball in the air with the big defenders behind him. I could of lost the game because becuase villa just kept attacking and i wasn't getting hardly any shot in, i had 6 shot on goal the whole match, with Villa having 16. Lucky to win that match

I tried it again in the next pre-season match (against Brecia) and i lost 2-0 and in the first half (where i had Rajcomar up-front again), i had hardly no shoting chances but in the second half i replaced Rajcomar for Wisse (198cm), which was a little better because i had arial pressence upfront but still no shooting chances!!!

So it looks like the 4-2-3-1 formation that i thought would suit my team well is crap, especially when a goal down with hardly no shooting chances and my defence going all crazy!

So in the last pre-season match (against Atletico Madrid) i played my normal formation 4-2-2-2 with OMF as a LMF in the wide area. I won that match 5-0 :lol: So it looks like that formation might have to stay, seems like a more balance formation for me.

Its good i experimented with theformation during the pre-season matches, to say how well i can play with it. I'm gonna try out another formation in the next pre-seaon. Don't wanna do it in atually league matches incase it might backfire :D

Hi pal

for my first 3 games in the ML last season I played 4-2-3-1 but it just didnt work out for me either.

Like you I was struggling to create even a few chances and there was more pressure on my back line than should be expected with two holding midfielders.

I think part of the problem with the formation, is that you need a big target man who will hold the ball up in the centre or win aerial battles if the ball is crossed in early.

I think with a really good side the system could work pretty well but in a mediocre one, all to often the other attacking players dont get forward in support quickly enough and you find yourself squandering possesion all to frequently.

cheers

Db

Just finished the first-half of the season. I am 8th in the league, I’ve won 5 games, drawn 8 and lost 3. So my form hasn’t been too good. Just lost a game to Galatasary 2-0! Looks like my challenge to try and win the league is more or less over!

The table looks like this:

1 O. Lyon 16…………39
------------------------------
7 Galatasaray 16….….24
8 FC Utrecht 16……...23
9 Dynamo Kiev 16…..22

My top goal scorers are:

Rajcomar………..12
Leitoe……….……4
Calabro……….…..2
Eremenko….……..2
Wisse……………..2

In the Div 1 Cup I was tied with Bayern in the first round. I won the away leg 1-2 with Leitoe and Wisse getting on the score sheet. In the home leg I drew 1-1 with them, with a goal by Rajcomar five minutes into the match and Gerrad eqaulising in the 77th minute, but too late for Bayern, even though they deserved to win the match with the amount of chances they had, I was fortunate to draw the match! I had Spartak Moscow in the Quarter-Finals, in the first leg (away) I won 1-0 with a goal by Leitoe, to take him top scorer in Cup with 2 goals. Can’t take it easy in the second leg though because I know Spartak will be on me like a ton of bricks!

Rajcomar has been in excellent form scoring goals a plenty for me. There was one match where he scored a wonderful hat trick, a goal with his left foot, then scored with a right foot shot from outside the area and a wonderful freekick 23 yards away. Was gonna take it with my main freekick taker, Cherou but with Rajcomar feekick accuracy at 74 and the postion of the freekick favouring him I had to take it with him and he didn’t let me down.
Also Diop hasn’t been impressed me, even though he did score a screamer for in the last minute of a match against Bayern, I wasn’t to fond of him and wasn’t a right type I wanted to replace De Jong, so it looked like he was gonna leave.

The transfer window went like this:

IN:

Bakke (Levante U.D.) -----------> FC Utrecht - Papa Bouba Diop + 300,000

I bought Bakke, 30, because he looks like a more out and out DMF and technically he is good and also he has a good passing ability.

OUT:

Papa Bouba Diop (FC Utrecht) -----------> Levante U.D. – Bakke + 300,000

I bought Diop at the wrong time, his ability has gone down and also he comes up and attacks to much which i don't want him to do. He was dissapointing for me and the trade with Bakke looked like a really good deal for me and Levante.

Will be doing a report for the rest of my season soon. Hopefully I would have improved in the league!!!

denirobob said:
Hi pal

for my first 3 games in the ML last season I played 4-2-3-1 but it just didnt work out for me either.

Like you I was struggling to create even a few chances and there was more pressure on my back line than should be expected with two holding midfielders.

I think part of the problem with the formation, is that you need a big target man who will hold the ball up in the centre or win aerial battles if the ball is crossed in early.

I think with a really good side the system could work pretty well but in a mediocre one, all to often the other attacking players dont get forward in support quickly enough and you find yourself squandering possesion all to frequently.

cheers

Db

Yeah i agree with what you said, but i do have a target but, his name is WIsse but the problem whit him is he hasn't developed yet and his more of a squad player i bought in to play here and now, and also a player to bring on if i am a goal down with 10 minutes to go to get those cheap headers into the box, like Crouch.

Stringer Bell said:
IN:

Bakke (Levante U.D.) -----------> FC Utrecht - Papa Bouba Diop + 300,000

I bought Bakke, 30, because he looks like a more out and out DMF and technically he is good and also he has a good passing ability.

OUT:

Papa Bouba Diop (FC Utrecht) -----------> Levante U.D. – Bakke + 300,000

I bought Diop at the wrong time, his ability has gone down and also he comes up and attacks to much which i don't want him to do. He was dissapointing for me and the trade with Bakke looked like a really good deal for me and Levante.

Will be doing a report for the rest of my season soon. Hopefully I would have improved in the league!!!

Hi Pal, is that formerly Erik Bakke of Leeds United ?

denirobob said:
Hi Pal, is that formerly Erik Bakke of Leeds United ?

Yes it is, the norwegian Int'l.

Very good player just sits in the DMF postion for me and cleans up :)

========

Quick update

In the WEFA Cup i qualified for, i was tied with Deportivo La Courna in the first round, it's not a really bad draw to start with and i should go through this one. The first leg will be at home leg so hopefully i can play well.

pregame.jpg

With a full 5 hours to go before tonights crunch game, fans have already been arriving in Lisbon from all four corners of the Iberian Peninsular.

One large group of Racing Fans from Murcia in Andalucia (hundreds of miles from Santander) have made the long journey westwards to see their team.

zaragoza05-1.jpg

The Cantabrian club have also laid on a large screen at the El Sardinero for the fans unable to get a ticket to watch the game.

For the home side even the red half of the city appears less visible than normal with green & white banners and flags draped from every available balcony and window. more to follow....

LOl I don't know if Eric Bakke has a C injury in the game but he defintely should and will have it in my data hahhaha.

PLF said:
LOl I don't know if Eric Bakke has a C injury in the game but he defintely should and will have it in my data hahhaha.

I'll update his stats then
icon_wink.gif

========

DB i can't wait to hear the report on that match, your building it up like areal match.

racingwin.jpg
The equaliser !!!!

Sporting Lisbon 2
Racing Santander 2

Santander slay Lions to seal championship

Racing Santander came from behind last night, to earn a draw, promotion and the Iberian league title all in Sporting's own backyard. Both teams were welcomed by a cacophony of noise as they stepped out on the hallowed turf, with the home fans unfurling a huge banner in support of their team.

racingwin5.jpg

The match began at brake neck speed, something of a novelty for a game between two Iberian league sides both known for their methodical approach. Liedson opened the scoring for the Portuguese on 20 minutes, after a sharp turn beat his marker and an equally sharp finish found the bottom corner of the net.

racingwin2.jpg

10 minutes later, Benayoun levelled the scores after some good interplay with Guerrero and as half time approached the scoreline was a fair reflection of a tight yet entertaining battle with so much at stake.

On 59 minutes, with the game finely balanced at 1-1, Douala was fouled 25 yards from goal. Fabio Rochemback stepped up and to everyone's surprise, chose not to play the ball into the centre, but instead drove it with incredible force into the top of Aouarte's net.

Sporting's fans were ecstatic as they realised they were 30 minutes from opening up the title race. However this realisation seemed to transfer itself to the players who decided to shut up shop and defend their lead. With Racing seeing their rivals intention to hold what they had, they began forcing themselves forward, at times switching from their 4-2-3-1 to a risky 4-1-3-2 leaving just balding Mexican Torrado to cover the defence from any counter attack.

Sporting's back line were retreating further and further back towards keeper Ricardo and very soon, a trickle of successive corners became a flood as the Spaniards pressed onwards. With 11 minutes remaining, Enkarshire was once again forced to put the ball behind and relieve some pressure. Regueiro went over and placed the ball in the corner quadrant. He delivered a swirling inswinger that caught the side of Polga's head on the edge of the 6 yard box. The ball's trajectory now deviated, curled towards the goal and with all manner of pushing and shoving going on, neither defender nor attacker could get anything on it as it spun almost with a sigh into the unguarded net.

Pandemonium broke out as Racing bundled into the net to celebrate, and a scuffle broke out as Ricardo tried to retrieve the ball and get the game restarted as quickly as possible.

This equaliser appeared to knock the stuffing out of Sporting who seemed either unwilling or unable to mount one last assault on the visitors, and instead had to suffer the ignominy of the Santander supporters "Ole's" as their own fans began flooding to the exits.

racingwin3.jpg

As the referee blew for full time, many of the Portuguese players fell to the floor, some openly weeping as the reality of the result hit home. For Santander it is vindication for a coach and team that have improved from last season and still have a cup final to look forward to safe in the knowledge that next season could bring even richer pickings.

racingwin4.jpg
Joy at El Sardinero

DAMN!!!!!!! Class all the way through. Shit man you should be writing for football sections of major newspapers.

My fav part was
denirobob said:
With Racing seeing their rivals intention to hold what they had, they began forcing themselves forward, at times switching from their 4-2-3-1 to a risky 4-1-3-2 leaving just balding Mexican Torrado to cover the defence from any counter attack.
:mrgreen:
Would they actually put that though hahhaa??? Leaving only the balding midfielder behind hahhahaha

PLF said:
DAMN!!!!!!! Class all the way through. Shit man you should be writing for football sections of major newspapers.

My fav part was

:mrgreen:
Would they actually put that though hahhaa??? Leaving only the balding midfielder behind hahhahaha

Hi mate, cheers.

the dissapointing thing for me is that i only get to write about stuff like that for other teams, with Maritimo its nearly always "Team in crisis", "Manager threatens to walk out etc..."

Your right about the Torrado bit, i'm sure they wouldn't use that sort of description. A bit of artistic license really borrowing from the style The Sun newspaper uses on Page 3 (I assuming youve heard of The Sun - if not it's a right wing tabloid rag/comic in the UK that plasters a daily pic of some bird with her jugs out on the first inside page). They always use descriptions like "busty blonde brenda 22, from Someset has a knockout pair etc.." and the girl has some boxing gloves on etc...

btw - do you know who the fella is inside the net being hugged by Arizmendi ? I'm stumped which is why I didn't add any names to the photo. I'm certain its not Moran the current Santander captain, and I can't figure out who it is from the website. The pic is def from this season as its the current kit. cheers mate Db

lol yea I've heard of the sun. I heard it's the most unreliable thing when it comes to transfers and they just link anybody with any club for no reason and shit lol.

Sorry dude don't know who that is in goal net but could probably find out.

PLF said:
lol yea I've heard of the sun. I heard it's the most unreliable thing when it comes to transfers and they just link anybody with any club for no reason and shit lol.

Sorry dude don't know who that is in goal net but could probably find out.

I dont think journalistic integrity or accuracy in reporting are exactly required to work there thats for sure!

Yeah any help on the mystery man would be appreciated as its annoying me now.

heres the Santander site - http://www.realracingclub.es/plantilla.asp

Like i say Moran's the capt but it isnt him im sure. Possibly Pablo Sierra, but the fella looks more squat and chunky and with a weasely sort of face. :)

The kit is this seasons as last season all diadora kits didnt have the shoulder stripe coming all the way down from the collar.

cheers matey

Bob

Quick Update

159913_340_1082751413179-Kone02_pro-465-320.jpg
Alje Schut (left) injury blow

My captain and best defender Alje Schut has been injured for 14 weeks....which is a major blow becuase he wins most of the headers, has a really good balance to knock defenders of the ball and his postional play is excellent. Like i said the best defender in my team!

Last edited:
Stringer Bell said:
So what postion are you in, in your ML Db?

2nd bottom with 2 to play mate. It's between me and Getafe for the old wooden spoon.

Sorry to hear about your defender mate, is that the worse injury youve had ? I havent had one yet in almost 2 seasons (touch wood!)

db

denirobob said:
Sorry to hear about your defender mate, is that the worse injury youve had ? I havent had one yet in almost 2 seasons (touch wood!)

The worst injury i had on PES4 ML is with Sibum (FC Twente) for 38 weeks. But in this ML it's with Schut. Others were minors like 1 to 3 weeks.

Also if you win your 2 games what postion do you think you will be in?

Nice piece of reporting on the injury of your defender Stringer, you're getting much better and picking very nice pictures now ;)

@DB, I really don't know mate as I don't know Spanish league face by face like I do with EPL and some other leagues but I think that might be "Moraton" just with some facial hair and longer hair different to the picture in the website.

If not him then perhaps Pablo Sierra but I don't think so because he looks different and also Sierra is very short 168cm and if that really is Arizmendi hugging him from behind lol at 191cm.. the height difference should surely be more.

I think it's Moraton but can't be sure.

by the way check pms DB.

My JUVENTUS team in a 3-5-2 formation

GK - Zoff, Buffon

CBT (3) - Baresi, Maldini, Kroll, Nesta, Stam, Tresore, Thuram, Cannavaro

DMF (2) - Rijkaard, Davids, Matthaus, Viera, Roy Keane

RMF - Matthews, Di Stephano

LMF - Murray, Cruyff

OMF - Nedved, Zico

CF (2) - Pele, Henry, Van Basten, Eusebio, Del Piero

This team has been my backbone for 8 seasons now with 7 league titles & 6 WEFA masters wins. I'm playing 5 star and generally win most games but you always get tested in cup matches at latter stages. I know I should really be moving up to 6 star but I love scoring goals too much!

Pele at 29 years old is 3rd highest scoring player of all time with 285 goals behind a retired Shevchenko on 337 & a 38 year old Ronaldo on 372.

Tried a lot of regenerated players that have never quite hit the highs such as: Weah, Di Stephano, Claudio Lopez, Stoichov, Voller, Zidane, Roberto Carlos, Garrincha, Figo, Raul. Has anyone else found this?

I can't wait for Shevchenko & Ronaldinho to be regenerated!

Pereira gives Simao ultimatum

pres.jpg

Maritimo's President José Carlos Rodrigues Pereira today gave a press conference, outlining the club's plans for next season and Mr Simao's future.

"The Manager knows that he is in the final year of his 3 year contract and that situation is unlikley to change bar a major upturn in the club's fortunes. Presently there can be absolutely no question of a contract extension untill we see a sustained improvement on the pitch. The bottom line is that another last in the table finish is simply not permissable."

He continued

"I have also made it clear that no new finances will be forthcoming. The manager is quite within his rights to spend anything he makes on sales on new players, but I do not intend to sacrifice the future solvency of the club on the whims of one man."

Simao responds

Simao hit back at his critics, bemoaning the "serious lack of investment in the side". He also pointed at a "300% improvement" in victories on the previous year which demonstrate that the club is "progressing forward."

The summer saga is sure to be fairly spicy affair and there are sure to be quite a number of comings and goings as even Simao himself admits "the team needs a radical overhaul."

Last 2 weeks results.....

Maritimo (Mouloungui) 1 - 2 Levante / Racing 2 - 1 Numancia / Albacete 3 - 2 Sporting / Getafe 0 - 3 Espanyol

Numancia 1 - 0 Maritimo / other results to follow shortly.......

Division 2 Cup Final :

Racing Santander completed the double over Sporting Lisbon with a well deserved one nil win. With two trophies in the cabinet a parade around the streets of the city was in order, and a crowd of well over 100,000 came out to greet their Cantabrian heroes.

racingonstreet.jpg

-----------------------------

Season's honours

delapena_tamudo040305.jpg

Pichichi & Player of Season = Raul Tamudo
Top Assister = Ivan De La Pena
WEFA Championship = Juve 4 - 3 Inter
WEFA Masters = Man U 3 - 1 Barcelona
Mediterranean League = Juventus
Central European League = Bayern Munich
Northern European League = Manchester United
Iberian League = Valencia

Last edited:
adelaar.jpg

Frans Adelaar Returns

Frans Adelaar has been announced as the new head coach of Central European Division One side De Graafschap for the second time. The former ADO Den Haag boss last left Doetchinem a full decade ago after a short but successful first stint in charge.

The appointment brings to an end heated speculation following the shock departure of De Graafschap's previous manager at the close of the 2013/2014 season. Adelaar will immediately be jetting off to join his new squad on their pre-season tour of Portugal, where their preparations begin in the hope of building on last season's midtable finish.

Sousa link...

sousavet.jpg

Perhaps it is no coincidence that De Graafschap are touring Portugal. In the midst of Adelaar's arrival, rumours are rife that the summer may see the return of another old associate, this time in the shape of veteran Portuguese midfielder Ricardo Sousa.

The 35 year old playmaker's contract with Benfica expired last month and will not be renewed; sources suggest that the Dutch side are considering tabling a one or two year deal, allowing Sousa the opportunity to close out his career in Doetchinem where he was such a huge fans' favourite.

That's the end of my De Graafschap ML, I'm afraid ;)

I had hoped to go the distance with that one, but after taking a break from it for a while I found that I wasn't yearning to go back, at the same time as I was being distracted by a fresh idea. So I thought it was best to draw the curtain on that one - I think ten seasons is a pretty decent length anyway ;). It was a lot of fun.

In case anyone is interested, for a limited time I've uploaded all the De Graafschap ML bits onto one page for consecutive reading. Click here should you fancy killing five minutes with a quick recap.

For my next venture I'm heading to Italy. I don't know how regularly I'll post but hopefully I'll chip in every now and then.

My friends i'm gutted...i "lost" my ML with Wolfsburg (saved another ML in that slot)...This was the most enjoyable ML i played in my PES "career"...
I was currently first in the Bundesliga, four point ahead of Bayern Munchen. Was in the final of the cup against VFB Stuttgart and in the semi-final of the WEFA-Cup (a 3-1 win at home against Barcelona, with D'allessandro playing fabulous...).

Well i guess i shall start a new one, but i seriouslyu doubt if it will be as good as this one.

I just finished my second season with Wigan Athletic (their first season in the Premiership.

1 Liverpool
2 Chelsea
3 Man Utd
4 Newcastle
5 Wigan Athletic

LuaLua finished as top scorer with 21 goals...
Never thought that this team would finish fifth...

Back
Top Bottom