The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Maritimo stun Santander

Division 2 Cup - 2nd Leg (1st leg score 3-1 to Racing)

Santander 0 - 2 Maritimo
Jadid 29, Teixeira 33

Maritimo produced their finest performance of the season against the current league leaders and cup holders, but alas their effort was ultimately in vain as they lost out on away goals. Straight from kick off, they tore into their more illustrious opponents with a veracity seldom seen before.

Just before the half hour mark, Lobaton intercepted a weak pass from the back, advanced towards the area, squared it to Jadid and the Moroccan made the most of the two on two situation to side foot it calmly under Aouarte.

4 minutes later with Racing yet to regain their composure, an outswinging corner by Joel Santos was met by Teixeira who firmly planted his header beyond the outstretched fingertips of the Israeli goalkeeper. The second goal was met by rapturous scenes among the small hardcore travelling of Madeirans who could barely believe what they were seeing.

As the minutes ticked by, it still looked as if the away side may score that crucial third, however it just proved elusive with Santander at times happy to leave just one striker up as they defended their slim lead.

After the game Mr Simao praised the way his team had played and nobody who witnessed their performance could deny they salvaged some much needed pride.

Other results...

Albacete 4 - 0 Getafe (Alb win 5-1 on agg) / Levante 0 - 1 Sporting (SL win on pens, 1-1 on agg) / Espanyol 1 - 1 Numancia (Numancia win on away goals 1-1 on agg)

Maritimo 0 - 0 Numancia

A Wenio missed penalty and a host of other chances wasted by Lobaton ensured that the heroics of the previous weekend could not be built on.

The penalty award was particularly harsh on Antonio, as he had clearly tugged the Peruvian's strikers shirt outside of the box so in the end justice was done.

Other results...

Racing 1 - 0 Albacete / Getafe 1 - 1 Levante / Sporting 2 - 4 Espanyol

Transfers.....

As expected both Luis Felipe and Alan departed, however the surprising announcement that Chainho would be following them out of the door to join Malaga stunned the whole Portuguese football community.

season2gchainho.jpg
- Chainho : shock exit

The beefy midfielder was considered one of Maritimo's 'crown jewels' and his absence leaves a gaping hole in the midfield. Simao defended the sale by declaring that "no player is bigger than the club" and that "I couldn't stand in his way if he wants to further his career". No doubt the 4314 received from the Spanish side will go towards rebuilding the team, yet with the ageing Zeca now the only other defensive minded midfielder in the squad besides Wenio, will it prove detrimental in the longer term.

Felipe moves to Lyon for 4043 and Alan ventures off to the Island of Sicily to join Palermo in a deal worth 4302. The Italian side have also agreed to a pre season game between the two sides which is sure to prove a spicy affair.

season2gzamp.jpg
- Palermo's president confirms deal

To placate the fans, Simao announced that long term target Eric Moulongui has agreed a 4 year deal for 430 a week, with a total of 3965 going to the French club.

season2gmoul2.jpg
- Moulongui bids farewell at Strasbourg Airport

The Gabonese striker was initially sought in the summer but talks broke down. After warming the bench for the majority of the season however, he obviously came round to the fact his career could be enhanced by a move to Portugal and the deal was sealed in a few days. Eric who only converses in French spoke through an interpreter.

season2gmoul.jpg
- Moulongui checks out his new club car

"I am very happy to be here in Madeira. I think that I can score many goals and that the team can have much success".

With the little matter of a visit by Sporting Lisbon up next, no doubt the Maritimo faithful will be praying that the tall West African's words come true.

Stringer Bell said:
Thats quality report DB.

Where the hell did you find those pictures of Moulongui?

cheers pal.

bizarre i know! i managed to unearth a site about the Gabonese national team which had quite a decent multimedia section. shame he's not got the bleached blonde hair in them though.

shame Seitaradis didnt work out for you mate, funny that you sold him back to Porto

Db

denirobob said:
shame Seitaradis didnt work out for you mate, funny that you sold him back to Porto

There was five clubs after him Juventus, Lecce, Tottenham, FC Porto and Udinese....Lecce had the highest asking price but to make it more realistic i wanted to offload that bitch back to Porto. Total waste off money!!!

PLF said:
what Stringer I'm very impressed with you ;)

So are you gonna give me any money....I'm being serious

I had to do it, because FC Porto was in my league, so it would spice things up if i face them....if you know what i mean :mrgreen:

Last edited:
News about my Wolfsburg ML (it's been a while...).
In my second i'm currently in the mid-season interval.
Wolfsburg are top of the table with one point advantage on Bayern Munich...uptill now this is the best run in my "PES career". I have won al matches save the last (1-1 draw against VFB Stutgart), i'm still in the division 1 cup and after four matches i'm already sure of qualification in the knock-out stages of the "Cl" (Four wins in a group with Man Utd, Valencia and Aston Villa...i always seem to play that last team in the "Cl").
Wolfsburg is a relatively old team so i'm signing younger players. I play a rotation system with only GK Jentsch playing all the time.
I just bought Maxwell from Ajax and another SB from Bochum: Gonçalves.
My squad:

GK: Jentsch - Lenz - Platins
CB: Quiroga - Hofland - Metzelder - Schoor - Matip (this last one is rubbish)
SB: Ahamuda - Sarpei - Ritter - Weiser - Gonçalves - Maxwell)
DMF: Karhan - Makoun
CMF: Thiam - Baptista - Kopteff
OMF: D' Alessandro - Ben Saada (i play Ben Saada as winger too)
WF: Petrov - Cardoso - Beasley - Topic
CFW: Klimowicz - Messeguez.

I play 4-3-3 while in attack and 4-5-1 in defense (thanks to Professor Nutmeg who helped me out with this and it works very well).
This is perhaps the strongest team i ever had in PES. Much stronger than the Wigan Athletic team in my other ML were i struggle. Here i'm able to play lightning fast counter-football (much one touch and beautifull passing by D'Allesandro who is my favourite player in PES, never saw him IRL though). Probably this team is a litle bit too strong but i'm enjoying myself so what the f*ck!!!!

Nice one gerd.

I've just finished my ML yesterday night, i'll be ding a report soon.

I haven't bought any players yet, and it's hard to find a player to buy, because really and truely i don't need more than one new player. If i buy a RMF or something i have to think of my player Kruys, i've got him and he really needs some playing time but at the same time i need a back up for him but there is nobody crapper than him.

Simao "Lose this game and I quit"

Mr Simao vows to end reign if Maritimo are beaten at home on Wednesday evening.

season2gsporting3.jpg

Sporting Lisbon flew into Santa Cruz airport last night for the most important game in the home club's recent history. Extra security was drafted in as a number of Maritimo's hardcore 'Ultra' fan base attempted to meet the players coach and barrack the visiting players. Thankfully they had to be content with chanting from a distance although no doubt the reception at the Estadio dos Barrieros will be openly hostile.

For Mr Simao, the game offers the chance of salvation from the opening day's defeat in the Alvalade and the controversy that followed it.

"The first game against Sporting cost me a two game ban, so I need to be careful what I say." he said "Nobody needs to tell me just how important this match is for the whole Island. It's about much more than a game of football, it's about Madeiran's standing up for themselves and not getting pushed around by the bigwigs from the capital."

Team News...

Eric Moulogngui is expected to be given his first start despite only meeting his new teammates on Monday. Although Simao has a few worries about the African's fitness he is confident that the atmosphere and overall occasion will inspire the striker on his full debut.

"Obviously the language barrier will remain a stumbling block for a while but he's a keen lad and anxious to get his first taste of Iberian League football. I know he hasn't been in training much recently but we need that extra impetus up front and I'm sure Eric can provide that spark."

Sporting meanwhile after a disappointing 4-2 home defeat by Espanyol now trail leaders Racing Santander by 4 points. They will be eager to prevent the Cantabrians from pulling further ahead and are likely to start with Pinilla and Liedson up front.

De Jong is retired and i am looking to by a complete DMF. De Jong has served me well at his age (33 - 36).

EDIT: I thought you were going to quit your current ML when i first read that head line lol.

Last edited:
Not sure if he's up your street mate, but Torrado of Racing Santander is a decent DMF - sort of a balding bulldog Mexican bandit type of chap. Not the type of chap to mess with thats for sure.

Gerardo%20Torrado.jpg

Stringer Bell said:
Just saw his player card here: http://www.pes3stats.com/e_PES4_playcard.asp

He looks alright but i don't think a mexian will join a dutch team, plus i am looking for a player with a good balance.

Thanks anyways.

fair enough mate he does look a little unhinged!

In my Stuttgart ML in WE7,

Li Tie became the mainstay of my midfield. He's a good player with good balance if i remember correctly.

db

Last edited:
You nearly gave me a heart attack...i think you need to edit that Li Tie bit DB!

Just joking, I think maybe Diop would be a good buy...need to think about that before i make my final descion. Still searching.

Last edited:
I made an interesting observation. Playing my ML as West Ham, i welcomed Spurs to Upton Park, and the com projected the Derby flags onto the pitch at kick-off. :-k This adds weight to my theory that Seabass has added some sort of secret West Ham code or something. ;)

LOl you created WEst Ham Professor right?? yeah thats weird haha.

@Stringer, Torrado is good man hahaha I played with him in my Sevilla ML before he moved to Santander in real life and this guy owned the midfield. His balance attribute was avg but while playing the game it seemed like he has 90 for balance lol.. he'd knock every fucker off the ball and run his ass off and get so many balls for me.

I don't think NO Mexican will go to Netherlands so it's up to you.. we just gave you a guide of who usually plays for Dutch clubs like Scandinavians/Belgians/Brazilians and Africans mostly but that doesn't mean they don't have a rare Mexican or Swiss or Colombian so do as you please ;)

The problem is I don't think he'll join your team cuz he's a high calibre player playing for Santander and a move to your club would probably be a step down as he's Mexican international and loved by many in his homeland.

But if you want and still haven't bought anyone I can think of some DMF who might do the job for you.

take care

Professor Nutmeg said:
I made an interesting observation. Playing my ML as West Ham, i welcomed Spurs to Upton Park, and the com projected the Derby flags onto the pitch at kick-off. :-k This adds weight to my theory that Seabass has added some sort of secret West Ham code or something. ;)

Nah mate it was probably the london stadium you were playing in or maybe the name like west ham or calling your team London. I had this too when i created a team.

It's a nice feature though :)

ishallnotbemoved said:

Then fuck off you twat!!!

Last edited:
Okay I’ve finished my fourth season in ML with FC Utrecht. I finished 7th in the league again, even though I had a chance to finish 6th but lost two games in the last three matches. It was an alright season but I was too inconsistent AS USUAL. Biggest win was at Bayern Munich where I beat them 2-1 in the last minute with a wonder goal by Knopper.

The league looked like this:

6 Spartak Moscow…30…..51
7 FC Utrecht……….30…..45
8 Dynamo Kiev…….30…..43

Bayern won the league.

My top goal scorers were:

Rajcomar….19
Calabro……..9
Wisse……….5
Knopper……3
Leitoe………2

I got through to the Div 1 Cup finals with Bayern Munich. I knocked out Ajax ( 3-5 on egg.) in the quarter-finals and Lyon ( 5-3 on egg.) in the semi-finals. Eventually got beaten 1-0 by Bayern in the final, who won in the 88th, minute when Schut fouled the sub Hashemian in the penalty area, which Makaay converted, was gutted! But at leaset I am in Europe now because Bayern already qualified for Europe. Onto Europe I got put in the WEFA master cup for some weird reason, but got knocked in the first round by Roma 3-2 on egg.

Overall my players were brilliant especially Rajcomar who scored 19 and was just one goal away from being top scorer (Ailton top scorer with 20 goals). He was top scorer in the Div 1 Cup with 5 goals. His been improving in every game and probably be so good he has to leave the club. Knopper been good for me since I bought him last summer scoring 3 goals and one assist, been a super sub. Braafheid my R. Carlos wannabe SB has done brilliantly to always giving in crosses from the wings to help the ageing Van Der Bergh and the young El Gaaouiri, who has also had a productive season scoring 2 goals and making 4 assits. Also players like Leitoe, Yebda, Keller, Broerse, Tsuboi, Bruno Vale and a few more have been brilliant subs coming on and playing well for the remainder of the time. My two mid-season buys have done well as you know Verhaegh who has played so well he took Zuidam place he is a real fast SB that does a brilliant job putting in croses from the wings (where there is no SMF present) and Wisse has scored five goals and shown really power up front and an aerial threat, will be a important player for the club at those crucial moments of a match . Vidic and Schut has been my steel in the CBT position along with Terol making some great saves but wish he could play every game (Stamina: 53). But it hasn’t been the best of seasons for Erenmenko who has only scored 1 goal (but has made 4 assist) and at time looked tired and not up for the game, but hope he does better for next season!

On to the transfer;

IN:

Bouba Diop (Fulham) -------> FC Utrecht – 7 Million

Diop, 29 is a DMF who is a replacement for the retired De Jong. He has a good balance that will make him strong in midfield. He also has a powerful shot on him that can prove well when a ball are coming to him from the penalty area.

OUT:

Van De Haar (FC Utrecht) --------> Newcastle United – 3.9 Million

Sold Van De Haar because he couldn’t compete for a place in the first eleven with Wisse brought in, a player just like him but younger and more faster. Can try his luck at Newcastle.

Vorm (FC Utrecht) --------> Wolfsburg – 3 Million

To short and makes too many mistake by letting the ball go over his head. But he was a young GK that improved alright but wasn’t good enough! Plus I brought in Vale who was much better. Wonder how Wolfsburg will cope with him!

De Jong (FC Utrecht) – Retired

That’s the fourth season (2007) with FC Utrecht done, it’s time for the new season, will be doing a ML report soon.

Last edited:
Prof with my created Wigan Athletic team i play derbies against...Chelsea...
I think it's random because my home stadium is the magnificent Stade de Vélodrome...so i don't think it has anything to do with the stadium Stringer Bell.

gerd said:
Prof with my created Wigan Athletic team i play derbies against...Chelsea...
I think it's random because my home stadium is the magnificent Stade de Vélodrome...so i don't think it has anything to do with the stadium Stringer Bell.

EDIT: It's highly likey because Konami made a random derby match or something. Whatever it is, it's confusing. And yeah proff i agree about having a sort of derby option in edit mode \/

Last edited:
Gerd, so you played against Chelsea as Wigan, and you saw the Derby flags? That's odd. I haven't seen it with any other created team i made in an ML.
It would be nice if you could set which games would be classed as derby matches, somewhere in edit mode. eg in England: London, Midlands, North West, North East, South Coast etc.

Maritimo 0 Sporting Lisbon 0

utd.jpg

A cacophony of noise, met the arrival of both sides, and in a stadium with a capacity of just over 12,000 it sounded like double if not triple that, as the Madeiran public came out in force to back their beloved team. Every red and green touch was met by a cheer and by contrast, every green and white hooped one, was met with whistling, booing and the ubiquitous obscenity.

Right from the first whistle the provincial upstarts tore into their big city cousins with a relish that provided little evidence of an 'inferiority' complex on behalf of the Islanders.

Moulongui with Lobaton in attack appeared a rather comical little and large partnership, however after just 9 minutes the Gabonese star making his debut, pierced the Sporting defence with a great through ball that the Peruvian very narrowly failed to connect with.

season2gsporting.jpg

With the noise continuing to reverberate around the bowl like arena, and out into the harbour and Atlantic beyond, Maritimo continued to press and a rasping angled drive from Esteves narrowly missed the far post with Ricardo well beaten. As the whistle for half time went, all but the sizeable travelling army of 'Lion' supporters rose to applaud a first half display full of bite, verve and a decent smattering of goalscoring opportunities.

Sporting were clearly given a rollicking by manager José Peseiro and came out looking far more determined in the second half, with Romanian Niculae replacing the ineffective Pinilla, and with Douala pushed forward into a more advanced role.

season2gsporting2.jpg

This change of personnel appeared to have given fresh hope to the Lisbon outfit and within quick succession Liedson managed to spurn two golden opportunities. First heading over from a corner and then forcing goalkeeper Marcos into a point blank save.

After this flurry of activity, both sides appeared to be more content not to lose the game and despite a late scare as a long range Viana effort flew narrowly over the bar, neither keeper was particularly tested as the match ran its course.

So then, honours even and Portuguese pride still intact for both clubs as they resume their schedules at opposite ends of the table. Also for Mr Simao, his prematch threats of handing in his notice have been put on ice at least for the foreseeable future.

Do you know what i'm not really happy with Diop, his too much like Yebda. I bought more or less the same player, in terms of height and strenth, Diop isn't really a DMF dog fighter, hi more of a out and out CMF. Think i have wasted my money on him. I probably be seeling him of and i'll be looking for a proper DMF.

Don't get me wrong he is a good player, but not the type of player i need. Also he scored a 29 yard goal for me in the last minute of a match with Bayern so he is good at long range shots.

I say give him more of a chance before disposing of him.

In my opinion he IS a DMF but he's so much better than that which is why he can also play CMF and give assists and score which shouldn't make you mad if he's also doing his defensive midfield duties.

He does have a great shot on him did you see his volley in 92nd minute in Fulham vs. Man Utd match??? amazing I think he equalised and match ended 2-2.

Then NExt week he scored another long-range beauty this time I dunno against who.

He's a good player and built like a helicopter lol. should have 95 balance at least.

All this talk of Pape Bouba Diop made got me interested and I ended up singing him earlier today. He declined 4 times but then finally agreed on the last day of negotiations. Ended up paying 16,000 transfer points and giving him a 1500 salary for 5 years. Ended up getting Salif Diao too as a free agent for 600.

I have to say I'm really impressed with both of these players. I'm a huge fan of the Senegalese team and I have Moussa Ndiaye,Omar Daf, Pape Bouba Diop, and Salif Diao on my team now. Diao has been the best so far, I love that he can play basically any position. In 2 games off the bench he's played well.

Stringer - maybe you should try Salif Diao as your DMF? I also like Munteanu from Romania. Great player and playmaker. Can defend as well as run your offense.

You guys should really try Giuseppe Rossi. He's amazing so far. He's 16 so obviously he has time for massive improvement. I made my own team and chose him as 1 of 3 players. In his first season in Div 2 he had 9 goals. I'm in my second season in Div 2 now and in 4 games he has 6 goals and 3 assists. He's fucking spectacular.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom