The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

I'll give you lot a quick review of my ML with FC Utrcet.

When i started this ML i was hoping for a challenge and it was. I only had two DMF/CMF which were De Jong & Broerse who were mostly tired with about two games in a row so i had flipping put a player of postion which were usally SMF and WG lol, and plus i only had 3 proper CBT so i also had to sacrifice and played some awakard formation and playing players out of postion again. For this reason i loss games i shouldn't of and found it difficlut to beat teams.

But overall this team is not that bad, FC Utrcet has a lot of good attacking options like Rajcomar (CF) who is a young talent that seems to be going to be one of my key players in the future, Leitoe (CF/SMF) good fast player but don't really know where to fit him in the team usally when he comes on as a subs he does thing for him but when i start him he is like aaahhhhh, van den Bergh (SMF/WG/SB) his the captain of the team he puts in good crosses his fast very and can get a few he has reached his peak so i need a good replacement for him, Douglas (WG) like a metioned above very good player plays way better than his stats has a lot of pace turns quick but i don't think i'll be keeping him for that long.....there are more attacking options usally young so i won't need to splash out on players that much.

The thing i need to improve about this team is the defensive options, i need to be getting a DMF/CMF and more importantly a CBT.

I manged to finish 4th in the second division of the super league and as usally i got knocked out of the first round of the cup to some very hard Spartak Moscow team, they beat me 5-0 in the home leg and when i went awy i suprisly beat them 3-0....but trust me spartak moscow are a difficult team.

During the mid-season negoation i bought Yebda from Auxerre for 2 million, his a 20 year old DMF/CMF who looks like a good prospect but needs to work on his stamina and passinf and also i loaned out Mirkovic from Partizan Belgarde his is CBT that i just wanted to be brought in for the mean time because i only had 3 and i was broke lol.

But at the end of the season i manged to catch Erenmko Jr. on a free transfer, he is a average young OMF but he can improve if i play him regulary and also train......at the moment he is good a passing and has a good technique but hopeless a shooting IMO. I also bought Tusobi the Japenes Int'l defende for only 1 million.... it was a transfer made because i never had that much money on me so i had to buy a CBT because plus he is alright only 24.

So that it's sorry that the post is so long, even though i have more to say about my formation, Shuct a good defender in my team who takes freekick and so....but i'll post thing like that later.....my eyes are bleeding :mrgreen:

PLF said:
I won't go back to PES4 man.. WE8LE is the game to play. Once exams are done... or I get really tempted I'll start ML again but it will be in WE8LE.

Most likely I'll still use this thread to post about my WE8LE ML though and not the WE8LE thread as we have a bigger group of folks here and not that many people read WE8LE ML thread. :D

Right now everybody's busy with exams or something else or just playing WE8LE that's why thread is going slow but it'll pick up again and whether we're playing PES4 or WE8LE we'll share our stories together here.

Same with me;)

Eremenko plays for Lecce man. They bought him last summer and has featured as a rotation player but I expected him to be a key member of side by now as he's very talented.

One of the best Finnish players probably.

Good luck to him in your team.

Is that Eremenko guy in PES4???
I'm very fond of Finnish players...if he is i will try him and maybe buy him in one of my ML's.

I don't care too much about those two teams, i use them to make other teams (Ipswich) or to change them in young promising lower league british players.
About my Wigan Athletic ML.
Like i already told here, Wigan was second in division II and got promoted.
I had hoped to make a few good transfers but this is really difficult on 6 stars.
Finally i succeeded to buy two GK's: Luke Steel (edited WEU player) and Makalamby. One defender: John Baptiste (edited WEU player) and one midfielder (Jimmy Bullard, a created player with Verter and FM's stats).
I wanted to buy a good wing back (Harte or the international from AZ67, can't remember his name), a good DMF (Australian player from Everton) and a good attacker (Andy Johnson of Palace) but i didn't succeed. I also wanted to swap Ximelez for Ribery of Galatasaray..but the CPU declined all those offers.
So my team for the next season is:

GK: Luke Steele
CB: Dulic
CB: John-Baptishe
LB: Valery
RB: Stremer

DMF: Cellini or Bullard (depending on Cellini's form arrow)
OMF: Minanda or Bullard (depending on Minanda's form arrow)
LMF: Gillespie
RMF: Espimas

FW: Lualua
FW: Castolo

At the end of last season in division all my players were exhausted and now the season's is twice as long as last year...that promises.
I think avoiding relegation will be a huge success.
My first four matches: Charlton-Liverpool-Man Utd-Arsenal...
So if i don't win points in my first match i will certainly be without points at the beginning of the 5th match...well it's a huge challenge!!!!
I have discovered my favourite PES stadium: le stade du Vélodrome...i don't care if it clearly isn't a typicall British stadium, but i simply love it...Uptill now i preferred Anfield Road, but this one is really good.

season2g2d.jpg

Frustration in Funchal

Maritimo 0 - 1 Albacete

The home side gave what must be considered their finest performance under the leadership of Mr Simao, yet it was ultimately to no avail as the Spanish staged a snatch and grab to fly home with all 3 points.

Poor marking at a 9th minute corner saw Ruben Castro rise and head home, and although the visitors provided brief sparks of intent, overall they were well and truely dominated by the Island side.

season2g2e.jpg
Castro delivered the knockout blow

It could have started so differently for the Portuguese, as a long ball in the second minute was nodded down by Pena to his strike partner Jadid. The Moroccan hit a controlled first time dipping volley that just evaded the far post, with the goalkeeper seemingly unaware of how close he was to conceding.

For long periods, the green and red shirts buzzed around their opponents unsettling the rhythm that Pachecho was trying to create, which actually led to the long haired midfielder receiving an uncharacteristic yellow card for retaliation.

In the post match conference, Simao praised his team for their application and effort. "I cant fault the players one jot, they gave me their all out there. I'm incredibly dissapointed because I felt the gave was winnable, which it should of been, but yet again we were punished for a defensive error and
couldn't make the most of our chances."

In other Division 2 Results, Espanyol's season goes from bad to worse as they lose 2-1 at home to Racing, Sporting top the table on 6 points after an away victory over Getafe and Numancia hold Levante 2-2 in an entertaining clash that saw Korean Lee Chun Soo propose to his fiancee, after netting the home sides last minute equaliser.

2cp01203.jpg
Lee Chun Soo - A true romantic.

I just finished my second season in ML. It was a really good season for me, probably my best on PES4. I done the double, won the league and won the Div. 2 cup. It wasn't easy because does Spartak Moscow boys was on my tail, trust me guys they are a difficult team and really were my challenge in the league.

In the last game of the season i had to face them and i was 3 points behind them and i had no choice but to beat them and i did 3-2, which was some hard game, the guy CAVENAGHI was on my defence like crazy he scored Spartak 2 goals which both came outside of the box, but and inform Leitoe scored a hattrick for me that night, and the thing about it was i didn't really want to play him but i decided to because he was fast and i was playing a counter-attacking 4-5-1 formation. So managed to win the league. Then i had them again in the cup......again they weren't a easy team to beat and again CAVENAGHI was making my defence sweat, i beat them 2-1 with Van De Haar scoring both goal which was his 7th in the cup and CAVENAGHI scoring Spartak's goal. I felt really happy i done the double plus i was going to get some cash injection.

During the mid-season transfer window i sold Tanghe to Espanyol for 4 million, but i didn't buy any players. In the off season transfer i bought 3 players. the first was Vidic, 24 a dutch CBT who can also play as a SB and a WF (i need to search for his orginal club), I also bought B. Cheyrou, 24 for 3.5 million from AJ Auerre his a french CMF who can play as a SMF and looks like a good replacement for the peaking Van Der Bergh and my last transfer was Al Qahtani, 21 bought for around 2 million he Saudi Arabia Int'l who look like a future star for my team, i know little about him but he is fast and has a good shot on him. A player diod leave my team though, which was Douglas who was playing badly at the end of the season and looks ineffective for me in the future and he was also peaking.....I sold him for 4 million to Barcelona.

At the moment i am just traing my players and i want to do a lot of that especially with Schut, Eremenko and Rajcomar. I want to increase a lot of my players stats and so they can be in top form for Div. 1.

Here is how the Div. 2 Super League look like at the end of the season:

1 FC Utrecht...............14....32
2 Spartak Moscow.......14....32
3 Rosenborg...............14....26
4 Sparta Praha............14....25
5 AJ Auxerre...............14....20
6 Anderlecht................14....12
7 Partizan Belgrade......14....9
8 Panathiniakos............14....5

Last edited:
6 facts for Lee Chun Soo fans....
  1. [font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]He is mortally afraid of dogs.[/font]
  2. [font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]He has a very good singing voice and is a very good dancer, too. [/font]
  3. [font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Chun-Soo's right shoulder is very injury-prone, and has been separated several times throughout his career. He always wears a brace over it during matches. [/font]
  4. [font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]As a child he suffered from Osgood-Schlatter disease, which then led to surgery on his left knee. [/font]
  5. [font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]He is best friends with Korean movie star/teen idol Won Bin, and the boyband Shinhwa. [/font]
  6. [font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]During the World Cup, one night he snuck out to have dinner and go out with his celebrity pals, which angered captain Hong Myung-Bo so much that he gave Chun-Soo a thorough dressing-down and reportedly hit him, too.[/font]
http://www.opengoal.tv/gallery/leechunsoo.htm

denirobob said:
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]During the World Cup, one night he snuck out to have dinner and go out with his celebrity pals, which angered captain Hong Myung-Bo so much that he gave Chun-Soo a thorough dressing-down and reportedly hit him, too.[/font]

Jokes :lol:

Okay guys this is my squad for the new season:

Goalkeepers

Terol
ned.gif

Vorm
ned.gif

Defenders

Tsuboi
jpn.gif

Di Tommaso
fra.gif

Keller
ned.gif

Schut
ned.gif

Vidic
ned.gif

Zuidam
ned.gif

Shew Atjon
ned.gif

Braafheid
ned.gif

Midfielders

Yebda
ned.gif

De Jong
ned.gif

Broerse
ned.gif

B. Cheyrou
fra.gif

Van Den Bergh
ned.gif

Somers
bel.gif

Kruys
ned.gif

Eremenko Jr.
fin.gif

Forwards

Al Qahtani
ksa.gif

Van De Haar
ned.gif

Leitoe
ned.gif

Rajcomar
ned.gif

El Gaaouiri
ned.gif

Calabro
ned.gif

Here is my formation and typical starting 11:

..................Terol.................................
Zuidam......Schut......Keller.......Braafheid
.............Broerse......De Jong................
.............Eremenko.......................
.........................Van Den Bergh......
...........Calabro...............................
........................Van De Haar..........

Guys i'm still in the off-season just training my players up for the new season. This is probably the longest i have spent on the off-season training thing.

Okay guys i want to hear more of your ML thread because this thread is kind of going slow lately!!!

'Fantastische ervaring'

davevdbergh.jpg

Het Nederlands elftal won vrijdag in Galgenwaard het oefenduel met Liechtenstein met 3-0. Dave van den Bergh speelde één helft mee.

De aanvaller kon terugkijken op een zeer behoorlijke wedstrijd. Hij leverde in zijn tweede interland een vijftal prima voorzetten af. Uit één van die voorzetten stelde hij Mark van Bommel bovendien in staat de openingstreffer te scoren. Bij het begin van de tweede helft werd Van den Bergh vervangen door Collins John.

Van den Bergh werd vrijdag uiteraard enthousiast begroet door de vele FC Utrecht-aanhangers onder de vijftienduizend op de tribune, die afgekomen waren op de eerste interland van Oranje in Galgenwaard sinds 1995. Zij veerden op zodra Van den Bergh aan de bal was.

Maar ook voormalig publiekslieveling Dirk Kuijt bleek nog altijd populair. De spits maakte ruim een jaar geleden al eens als speler van FC Utrecht deel uit van de selectie, maar kreeg toen geen speelminuten. Vrijdag maakte hij na rust voor het eerst zijn opwachting in het Nederlands elftal.

Van den Bergh noemde het een 'fantastische ervaring' om in het Oranje shirt in zijn 'eigen' stadion te mogen spelen. 'De manier waarop het publiek me steunde gaf me echt een kick, het gaf me vleugels. En het was natuurlijk helemaal prettig dat er voorzet van mij aan het doelpunt vooraf ging. Ik hoop dat ik bij de groep blijf.'

Van Basten was na afloop positief over de bijdrage van Van den Bergh tegen Liechtenstein. Op de vraag of de speler van FC Utrecht woensdag in de basis start tegen Tsjechië gaf de bondscoach een diplomatiek antwoord. 'Er kunnen meerdere spelers op die positie spelen, maar Dave is zeker één van de kandidaten', aldus van Basten.

De voorkeur van de bondscoach bleek een dag later echter niet uit te gaan naar Van den Bergh, die tot de vijf afvallers behoorde. Van Basten bracht zaterdag na de ochtendtraining zijn selectie voor het WK-kwalificatieduel van 23 man terug tot achttien spelers. Naast Van den Bergh namen ook Romano Denneboom, Collins John, Jan Kromkamp en Boudewijn Zenden afscheid.

Last edited:
News about Wigan Athletic, first three matches of the maiden season in division one:

Charlton - Wigan 2-2 (last minute equaliser by Charlton)
Wigan-Liverpool 2-1 (injury time winning goal)
Man Utd - Wigan 1-1 (injury time equaliser by Wigan)

I must say that the only created player i have in my team (OMF Bullard) is very good although his stats are not spectacular. He scored 4 of my goals (current top scorer and best player in the league). He seems to have the ability to be at the right place. When Lualua and Castello play wide, he comes central before them and scores...(high agression stats??? he has no special abilities and if memory serves me well only one stat in the 80's). Is he good irl too????
I wonder if Wigan are still top of the championship irl???

Well anyway, currently fifth which is good, but the season is long and the next match is against Chelsea...It wouldn't be the first time that a relegation team starts very well.

Simao faces sidelines, as Santander offer stern test

season2g3a.jpg
Rodrigues takes charge for the encounter at El Sardinero

With two games under their belt, a sense of deja vu has fallen over Madeira as once again the Island's premier outfit, props up the Second Division table. One thing that will be different from last year however, is that manager Mr Simao is facing the first of a 2 game touchline ban for his venemous attack on referee Lucílio Baptista. With the Englishman only allowed minimal contact with the squad before the game, his assistant Rui Rodrigues is likely to be given sole charge of the team. Although the portly number two is unlikely to make drastic changes, he may be tempted to freshen up an attack that has yet to score.

Midfield hardman Wenio, once again the only player to consistently perform during Simao's tenure has come out in support of his manager promising to "take 3 points home for the boss".

season2g3b.jpg
Wenio thinks teamates owe the fans

The Brazilian, in what can only be considered as a thinly veiled attack on the club's goalshy strikers, continued by stating that "some people need to take a good look at themselves and ask why they continue to get their wages eack week."

season2g3c.jpg
Racing - confident of victory

Racing who started with a draw and then beat newly relegated Espanyol, are in buoyant mood and expect to field a relatively unchanged side, That means Israeli Yossi Benayoun will again be the man for the Portuguese defence to fear.

You guys should really check out these two players: Petre (Romania) and Senesie(Germany).

I was struggling and then I picked these two up and they've been amazing. In 3 games Petre has 4 assists and Senesie has 5 goals! They're an unstoppable duo. And for the midfield I picked up Ndaw. Senegalese DMF/CMF, 189 CM and strong as an ox. Fights off players like Viera and Papa Bouba Diop easily. Another great thing, Senesie is 18, and Ndaw is only 19.

"Weeenio, oh oh oo oh,
He came from Sao Paulo,
To play for Maritimo..."

Perhaps the Brazilian could do a strict man-to-man hacking.. I mean 'marking' job on Senor Benayoun this weekend? ;)

Will Mr Simao be watching from the stands, or from a nearby hotel room, or will he be conversing with Rui Rodrigues through the clever use of an ear-covering hat? :p

hi mate

actually the bleached brazilian's comments have not gone down too well with some members of the squad.

I'm hoping Rodrigues utilises Wenio's partner in crime Chaino do to a double team effort on the fairy footed israeli forward...it may not be enough however.

If it was a home game, id of considred standing on the deck of the Oriana docked in Funchal Harbour and use semiphore, but alas the Cantabrian authorities have made it easier for me to stay at home and watch on the telly.
db

Things are going a litle bit pear-shaped for Wigan Atletic. After the three first games witout a loss, came two defeats.

Chelsea-Wigan 2-1
Wigan-Birmingham 1-3

Wigan should had a draw against Chelsea, they played a very good match. But the forwards are adapting difficult to this higher level. After 5 matches none of the forwards scored a single goal although they had plenty of chances...
Well, we just keep on trying and in the mid-season transfer window, we will buy an attacker.

Stringer Bell said:
Hey bruv are these two players real players or are they a Konami made up players?

SAFE :)

Not sure about Senesie, I got him from Borussia Dortmund (or whichever team Koller is on) halfway through the season. He's probably real since I know the made up players appear in the off season.

I know Petre is real, and he played pretty well in Romania's last 2 games.

The season has ended and in 7 games Petre has 2 goals and 8 assists and Senesie has 10 goals and 4 assists.

von1.jpg

Vonlanthen Returns To Holland

De Graafschap were today finally able to unveil Johan Vonlanthen as their new record signing, ending a lengthy transfer saga barely twenty-four hours before the winter transfer window comes to a close.

The Dutch club have made no secret of their interest in the 27 year old Swiss international, but Grasshoppers Zurich drove a hard bargain and negotiations seemed in danger of faltering when the Swiss champions demanded a fee of €5 million before they were willing to release their prize asset. However, the De Graafschap board backed their manager and matched the price, keen to show that ambition exists to help the club progress.

Vonlanthen returns to Holland five years after his departure from PSV Eindhoven, where his once burgeoning career had stalled and stagnated. He is expected to start from the bench when 9th-placed De Graafschap entertain 12th-placed Hamburger SV on Saturday.

"I'm looking forward to it. I feel I have plenty to prove and this is the ideal place for me to do it", Vonlanthen claimed at the press conference in Doetchinem this afternoon. "The club is making strides forward and they have made me feel very wanted. Hopefully I can settle in quickly and score some goals between now and the end of the season."

De Graafschap will be counting on Vonlanthen's partnership with eight-goal striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar to be the catalyst that will boost them back up the table. The season began promisingly but no wins since October have seen them drop swiftly back into the bottom half of Division One.

Wigan Athletic is on an unbeaten run of 4 matches
Newcastle- Wigan Athletic 0-2
Everton-Wigan Athletic 0-0
Portsmouth-Wigan Athletic 1-3
Wigan Athletic- Middelsborough 0-0

Finally i have a forward who is beginning to score. In those 4 matches Lualua scored three goals. The other two were from Bullard, who is current top scorer together with Van Nistelrooy.
Man United are leading before Newcastle, Liverpool and Chelsea. Wigan are currently sixth. But avoiding relegation remains the main target.

I'm having a dilema in my ML, I have five forward (Al Qahtani, Van De Haar, Leitoe, Rajcomar, El Gaaouiri, Calabro), which they are all good.....but thats the problem they are all good and i've only got two places for these five forwards and everytime i put two of them on i know the others should be on there too. I want to loan out three of those forwaards, especially Rajcomar, i want him to develop at another team and come back a improved player (along with Al Qahtani and El Gaaouiri). So i can have Calabro and Van Der Haar leading the attack with Lietoe as back up and if his injured i'll use Erenmenko.

I am currently 11th in Div 1, played about nine games (most of them draws) and i have been drawn in the Div 2 cup: 1st round with Shaktar Donstek, which will be a hard game (they beat me 1-0 in the league BTW). Calabro is currently my top scorer with three goals (yes very poor) and it's been a shit season so far. The only highlight of the season is beating Marsellie 3-0 with a wonder strike buy De Jong from 30 yards out, he really latched on to the volley and Erenmko scored from 20 yards and Leitoe finished the game of from a assit by Rajcomar.

Not yet in the mid-season transfer yet but hope to get offers of loan deals for my players when i get there and i want to do well in the cup too and finish in a decent postion in the league come the end of the season.

I'll be doing another report soon...

Well Prof, i have an idea about that.
I created Bullard with his real age (26 or 24, not quite sure) and the i gave him his (rather average) stats. When i first could buy him (which wasn't at the beginning of my game as one of the three players i could buy, but in the mid-season transfer window)he was 17 years old and his stats were lower than when i created him...I guess he will grow till he has the age he had when i created him (26 or 24).

Prof, a question in return, how is Wigan doing irl, are they still in the game for promotion???

Back
Top Bottom