The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

But thats un fair because you get more time to score, I play a normal 10 minutes thats the avreage everybody practically does? am I right?

juventus11 said:
But thats un fair because you get more time to score, I play a normal 10 minutes thats the avreage everybody practically does? am I right?

You also have more time to get a goal against you..ever thought of that? And can you read?

*Proffesor Nutmeg
*Denirobob
*GFK
*PLF
*Nerf

These all play on 15 min.. Its all stated in the last posts (except mines, but I already said it before)

well I don't find 15 mins unfair because it's only 2 and half minutes more for each half and I don't find it results in unrealistic high scoring results but it DOES allow you to play a more patient middle of the game battle instead of box-to-box crap.

I do find anything over 15 mins to be too much but also find 5 mins WAYyyyyy too little.. so i choose between 10 and 15 mins but find both good. I think i'd be very happy with something between those 2 as I still find 10 mins a little too short sometimes :D

I think I like 15 mins the best! and if might give CPU more chance to score against me so at end of season I don't have that unrealistic record of conceding 7 goals in 30 matches.

Juventus, i'm sorry but your last post is rather funny..."Unfair" against a CPU??? Where is the harm done??? If you cheat against the CPU, ultimately you're cheating yourself, isn't it my young friend???
If 15 minutes is unfair, then i must be extremely unfair with matches of 20 minutes...And just like our Dutch friend GFK says: you also have more time to get goals against you...that evens things out don't you think???

Does everyone here play 5 star? I know PLF plays 5 but I'm not sure about everyone else.

I noticed the comp can sometimes be very impatient on 6 stars. I was playing against Feyenoord and Kuijt had 3 1 on 1 chances with the keeper thanks to Saavedra's shitty reaction time. All 3 chances Kuijt fired from 22 meters or so and missed them all. There was no way my defenders could catch up and all he had to do was run and dribble around an average keeper.

It's real disappointing, Feyenoord had 15+ chances for a goal yet they failed to use through passes and they shot from range even though they could have dribbled well into the box. I ended up winning 2-0. I scored both in 90+ stoppage time because for some reason Feyenoord started playing a 2-3-5.

and that's why I play on 5* :D
CPU is just too gung-ho on 6* and often even goes all out attack when leading instead of trying to make defense more compact and holding to the ball.

Don't you find the attacking to be very predictable on 5 star? I tried a 5 star default team ML and in the first game the computer had 1 chance on goal in 15 minutes.

I may have more fun if I use a formation I'm not used to maybe. So far no matter which team I am I will use my attacking 3-5-2. Maybe I'll try Graafschap with their default formation.

I've stopped buying players with yellow stats. The only player with yellow stats I let myself buy is Mihaijlovic. I want to use him at DMF but I don't want to score so easily so I have him at CBT.

I still think that 6 stars is more difficult than 5 stars. Maybe it depends on the way you are playing. I consider myself an average defender (at best), and a rather poor possession player but i think i'm reasonably good at one-touch counter attacks (even with the default team). If i read in another thread that PLF considers himself the best defender on this forum than it could explain why he finds six stars more challenging than five stars. I too have the impression that the CPU plays more gung-ho when i'm leading...so it's less difficult to defend (not for me) and maybe easier to counter attack.
Yesterday evening Wigan played it's last match of the season in the second division. A win against Chrystal Palace would be enough to promote but i was not very optimistic since the team was very tired (brown indicators). In a sudden inspiration i decided not to play my star player (Castello) because he seemed very tired. This proved to be a very good idea since his Barota who played in his place scored to goals and provided two assists in a 4-2 win. Wigan Athletic finished second. LuaLua was both top scorer and most valuble division two player, Claus Jensen from Champions Fullham was top assister.
For the next season i face a though problem, Castello who was in pole position for both player of the season and top scorer blames his manager (me) for not letting play him the last match of the season. He wants to join another team. Fortunately the team won quite a bit of money so we can buy a couple of good players.
More news soon...

I play 6 stars, mainly just for peace of mind. The attacking attitude is not the only difference between the two - there must be other areas where six stars improves the CPU over a five star team. Finishing ability, mentality, etc. Perhaps in the transfer market too? Obviously that is pure speculation, but personally if I played on 5 star I would always be questioning whether or not the CPU was 'letting me off' sometimes.

I find the com's patterns are the same, be it on 5 or 6. If you go a good few games with straight wins, you're going to be in for a beating pretty soon, a least a tough game, where your players don't react well, hit the target etc. If you lose a few in a row, then com will let you run riot. I can almost predict it.

It what frustrates me the most about the game. no matter what level i play or who i play with in 2-3 seasons im in the mix to win the 1st division. i tend to get board and leave the game for a few weeks go back and after two or three games im unstoppable again. i have only let in 18 goals in 30 games and beat manure 5-0 arsenal 3-1 chesea 2-0. its to easy no matter what level

The start of the season is always tough but then the second half is cake for some reason. I play Den Hag in my new ML and the teams in the Div2 are Newcastle, Chievo, Galatas, Lyon, Weser(real name slips my mind), Deportivo and Feyenoord. I started the season 1-3-3 amd after the trades I've been 6-1-0.

I don't see why since the only player I acquired was Mihaijlovic. He plays CBT and has missed 4 penalties in a row for a total of 0 goals in 7 games.

It's probably my formation. I always use 3-5-2. Maybe I'll try Graafschap's default formation next. I'm sick of playing Lyon and Feyenoord though.

You lot should fac Spartak Moscow on 5* trust there a bloody hard team to beat i tell ya. Especially when they've got CAVENAGHI up front, they can be a real handful and also the team is really good in the air. I got beaten 5-0 at home to them in the Div2 Cup, and three of the goals were by headers and they were very dangerous on corners they were making me really shake.

sneijder.jpg

The Future's Orange

We're now two months into the 2013/14 season and the Dutch are leading the way. Despite suffering their first loss of the season this weekend, Danny Blind's Ajax remain joint top of Division One. The changes made in Amsterdam during the summer - the shifting of dead wood and a revamped defence - have certainly paid off as the sleeping giants have swept to the head of the table on the back of the scintillating form of veteran midfielder Mark van Bommel and teenage sensation Jesús Da Silva Rivaldo. More surprising, however, is who is matching them stride for stride at this early stage.

De Graafschap, you will remember, spent their previous three seasons in Division One battling against relegation. This time however, five wins from seven, including a shocking three-nil victory over reigning champions Dynamo Kiev at the start of the month, have made them the season's surprise package and unexpected early leaders. With minimal changes to personnel, what has been the difference between this De Graafschap team and seasons past?

"Goals". As a striker, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar's response is perhaps expected. "We've been struggling to score over the last couple of years, but so far I think we're the joint top scorers in the league. That's the difference right there."

Huntelaar also reserves praise for his Hungarian teammate. "I'm happy with the five that I've scored and I think Loránd Miriuta has the same. He has chipped in with some important goals at crucial times, and he is playing really well. When you can get goals from different areas of the team that makes it very difficult for the opposition."

"Loránd has been in great form this season, there's no doubt", agrees influential team captain Anatoliy Tymoschuk. "But you saw against Munich on Saturday, when he was rested, Ruslan [Valeev] came in to replace him and did a fantastic job. I think the entire squad is more comfortable with our system now. We've been adapting to it for the past year and everyone is finally clear on what they have to do to help the team perform."

Swedish midfielder Alex Farnerud offers a third opinion. "It's just confidence, that's all. You can really feel it at the moment. Bayern are still one of the strongest teams in this league but we went out there thinking we could win and deserved the point we got. You need that belief and ours is growing with each game."

Whatever the reason, De Graafschap are causing upsets and enjoying their unexpected run at the top end of the table. It remains to be seen whether they can continue to keep pace with Ajax, or whether their run will ultimately be shortlived as the bigger teams kick into gear.

Wow man... amazing story Nerf. I have to say your stories are by far my fav now. There is always that element of under-dog but also great journalism.. perfect sentences and of course the LONGEST storied ML any one of us has had.

Keep up the good job bro.. looking forward to your next story with the might de Grafschap ;) and also I'm happy that Ajax has been rejuvenated and is back on top ;)

Did you say van Bommel plays in Ajax though?? I didn't really get that part.

top_01.gif

Genoa Mid Season Fixture report:

W- Genoa
-1 Messina-0 (own goal)
D- Genoa-0 Bologna-0
L- Livorno-1 Genoa-0
W- Galatasaray-0 Genoa-1 D. Milito
D- Genoa-0 Sampdoria-0
W- Atalanta-0 Genoa-1 D. Milito
L- Lecce-2 Genoa-1 D. Milito

Eliminated first round Div2 Cup...poor form..

Basically, if Diego Milito doesn't get a touch near the penalty area, I can't score. And he doesn't get many touches. The midfield has played poor the whole season unable to create chances and unable to complete many passes. I should probably change the formation to something more like what I started with at Wolverhampton instead of using the more sophisticated iteration that i am using now and probably don't have players with enough class yet.

So I got a little midfield help to make a run at promotion (I'm currently 4th). I had to sell some players to make some money but I should be ok now.

Transfer Window
IN

Montolivo
(Ita, 19)
OMF
transfer- TRADE for Cellini + .5 mil
salary=418

Calzi (Ita, 18,)
SMF
transfer= 2.9mil
salary=353

OUT

Cellini
DMF
TRADE for Montolivo

Caccia
GK
Transfer profit: 2.8 mil
New Club: Deportivo

Nachtegallo
SB
Transfer profit: 3.1 mil
New Club: Cagliari

Tosto
SMF
Transfer profit: 4.8 mil
New Club: Schalke04

With almost 11 mil in profit and only a little over 3 mil in expense, I am now much more financially sound and hopefully will be able to pick up 2 or 3 more new players in the offseason to round out my squad.

Genoa Manager MrSix caught in Sex Scandal and Fired

After winning promotion to the Mediterranean A league by finishing strong with Genoa, manager MrSix attracted quite a bit of attention from the Italian media. Italian papparazzi followed MrSix when he was spotted checking into a resort hotel in Florence This was suspicous because Genoa publicly stated MrSix would be in Argentina scouting new prospects. This photo, one of several of the inside of MrSix's hotel room was taken by a daring photographer
(of the pictures it is the only one able to be published in a family newspaper):
betraying-act.jpg

MrSix in his trademark 70s style lesiure suit can be seen in the background. But what makes this picture more than just voyeurism is the identity of the lady seen pulling on her stockings in this picture. She is not an actress or Milan model as might be expected from MrSix's posh profile. No, she has been identified as the younger second wife of a member of Genoa's Board of Directors! As expected this photo caused quite a stir when it was published in the Italian tabloids and the woman was identified. There was apparent chaos at Genoa CFC as the Board instantly demanded Six's resignation and began calling in teams of lawyers to file divorce papers and look into possible legal action against the randy MrSix.
MrSix, who is currently staying back in England was serenely calm about the scandal, responding to questions with several philosophical cliches "Well, what can you do mate. You take risks and sometimes Life rolls craps on you. You just got to roll with the punches." When asked if he had any regrets about ending his Genoa career so abruptly, "Of course I am disappointed; Genoa played a superb second half of the season and they are looking strong for the serie A. It was quite sloppy of me to celebrate our promotion in such a questionable manner. Perhaps this incident will teach me a lesson about who to fool around with."
When pressed with questions about "whether it was worth it", losing his job for making such an obviously stupid decision MrSix got irritated ,"Of course it bloody well wasn't worth it mate. No bird is worth giving up your dreams for. Let that be a lesson to the young lads out there. No night of randiness is worth losing your dream job." Apparently not all Board members were happy with the decision, an anonymous source inside Genoa was quoted as saying that some of Genoa's Board were against losing a manager of Six's quality due to a personal scandal that, to be honest, is not all that uncommon. The source even suggested that another club official he knew had said it was "pure stupidity" to fire MrSix when "everyone" knew this particular Director's wife was rumoured to have already had an affair with Italian actor Raoul Bova

While the scandal has put a black mark on his reputation, the rumour mill is already reporting interest in MrSix by a few Coca-Cola Championship sides in an anticipated return to England.
---------------------------------------
But we will not be following the career of MrSix at the moment,

the Genoa Master League continues. The Genoa Board is currently looking for a new manager to take the team into Div1.

:D Naughty Mr Six. Congrats on the promotion though.

Thanks very much PLF :). Yeah, Mark van Bommel moved to Ajax in my game a couple of seasons back I think. I'm sure the PSV fans loved that ;)

This thread is not going at it's usally pace.

Has anybody heard of a player called Douglas who plays for FC Utrect (currently playing with them on ML)? He is a very good WG player that can turn smoothly with the ball, has good pass and also a good shot on him. SPOILER! The only problem with him is he doesn't improve, at the age of 24, which he begins, he never seems to improve you have to do a lot of training with him in the off-seeson mode, thats to bad because if hi improves he can turn in a really good player. SPOILER! I recconmend this player to you lot, snap him up :D

I won't go back to PES4 man.. WE8LE is the game to play. Once exams are done... or I get really tempted I'll start ML again but it will be in WE8LE.

Most likely I'll still use this thread to post about my WE8LE ML though and not the WE8LE thread as we have a bigger group of folks here and not that many people read WE8LE ML thread. :D

Right now everybody's busy with exams or something else or just playing WE8LE that's why thread is going slow but it'll pick up again and whether we're playing PES4 or WE8LE we'll share our stories together here.

PLF said:
Right now everybody's busy with exams or something else or just playing WE8LE that's why thread is going slow but it'll pick up again and whether we're playing PES4 or WE8LE we'll share our stories together here.

Yeah i have one more assignments and another two exams before i finish my course, which will be in like two months time, so i'll be a bit busy.

nerf said:
sneijder.jpg

The Future's Orange

We're now two months into the 2013/14 season and the Dutch are leading the way. Despite suffering their first loss of the season this weekend, Danny Blind's Ajax remain joint top of Division One. The changes made in Amsterdam during the summer - the shifting of dead wood and a revamped defence - have certainly paid off as the sleeping giants have swept to the head of the table on the back of the scintillating form of veteran midfielder Mark van Bommel and teenage sensation Jesús Da Silva Rivaldo. More surprising, however, is who is matching them stride for stride at this early stage.

De Graafschap, you will remember, spent their previous three seasons in Division One battling against relegation. This time however, five wins from seven, including a shocking three-nil victory over reigning champions Dynamo Kiev at the start of the month, have made them the season's surprise package and unexpected early leaders. With minimal changes to personnel, what has been the difference between this De Graafschap team and seasons past?

"Goals". As a striker, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar's response is perhaps expected. "We've been struggling to score over the last couple of years, but so far I think we're the joint top scorers in the league. That's the difference right there."

Huntelaar also reserves praise for his Hungarian teammate. "I'm happy with the five that I've scored and I think Loránd Miriuta has the same. He has chipped in with some important goals at crucial times, and he is playing really well. When you can get goals from different areas of the team that makes it very difficult for the opposition."

"Loránd has been in great form this season, there's no doubt", agrees influential team captain Anatoliy Tymoschuk. "But you saw against Munich on Saturday, when he was rested, Ruslan [Valeev] came in to replace him and did a fantastic job. I think the entire squad is more comfortable with our system now. We've been adapting to it for the past year and everyone is finally clear on what they have to do to help the team perform."

Swedish midfielder Alex Farnerud offers a third opinion. "It's just confidence, that's all. You can really feel it at the moment. Bayern are still one of the strongest teams in this league but we went out there thinking we could win and deserved the point we got. You need that belief and ours is growing with each game."

Whatever the reason, De Graafschap are causing upsets and enjoying their unexpected run at the top end of the table. It remains to be seen whether they can continue to keep pace with Ajax, or whether their run will ultimately be shortlived as the bigger teams kick into gear.

Super mate. I'm pleased to hear things are going so well for you (finally!). is it poss to post up your latest XI ?

Db

IBERIAN SECOND DIVISION - WEEK 2

After a prolonged break to commemorate the death of O Papa, the Iberian Second Division begins again in earnest this evening.

Albacete, who were on the receiving end of a humilating 2-1 home defeat to Numancia on the opening day, took the unusual step of publicly apologising to their fans for the result.

season2g2a.jpg

Club President Ángel Contreras Plasencia, flanked by the Vice President and Sporting Director, read a statement which assured fans that the scoreline was "wholly unacceptable" and that coach Martín Monteagudo's job would be under threat, should such a result repeat itself "in the coming weeks".

season2g2b.jpg
job on the line ?

For the Madeiran's, the enforced break gave Mr Simao time to cool down over his stinging criticism of the referee in the controversial season curtainraiser against Sporting Lisbon. With league authorities due to decide on any punishment in the coming days, various commentators are speculating it may be a 1 or 2 game touchline ban for the Englishman.

season2g2c.jpg
touchline ban ?

Team News...

With a good 10 days rest for both sets of players, the sides are at full strength in what promises to be a lively encounter in downtown Funchal.

Back
Top Bottom