The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

N.C.E. Super League Div. 2 Report

isiahoverite.jpg
Everything's cool for Laam

Mr Laam the former FC Sicily mananger, who took the to 6th place in the Serie A last season has now been managing FC Twente for two months now after quitting, and is delighted with the amount of youth and good players he is working with.

"Everything is going well for me and the club, i am happy to be here", he said at a confernce meeting.

"This is a really young promising squad with a bit of experience, I will be using a lot of players to experiment with until i can get a first eleven".

A lot of managers have ran away from the FC Twente job because of the amount of unfit players, which once had seven players injured for the rest of the season.

"I've already heard about the injury casualties of this club and it will be difficult to do well in the league with players always getting injured, I will have to make use of all the players we've got and buy a few players for back-up's".

"My main objective is to get FC Twente promoted and work with a lot of the players to improve their game".

Mr. Laam first game of the season will be against RC Lens and is hoping to get a good result.

CHRISTENSEN IS BACK

20032004-twe-hee-groot1.jpg
Christensen scoring against FC Basel

The "sicknote" striker is currently the club's top scorer with five goals. Not bad for a stricker who has been injured sixteen times in his career.

The twenty-four-year old striker was uncertained of his future when new manager Mr. Laam came in, with his reputation of being the most injured player in the world. But the new manager gave him a chance against Dortmund and repayed the manager by scoring two goals and the following game against FC Basel he scored two goals again.

Christensen said "It's always good when the manger has faith in you, especially when they know you get injured all the time".

"I am happy to be currently on five goals and hope to continue and score more goals"

Christensen is not the only player who's been labled a "sicknote", there are six other players like Sibum and N'Kufo.

SIBUM OUT FOR SEASON

20032004-vit-twe6.jpg
Sibum injured against Dortmund

Sibum will be out for the rest of the season after breaking his leg aginst Borussia Dortmund.

The right-midfielder was tackled by Gamino during a heated game at the Westfalenstadion which saw FC Twente win 3-1.

Mr Laam said "I am vey dissapointed we lot a vital player right at the start of the season"

"He is a vey good player that we will miss but we've got players like Culina and El Ahmadi who can fill his place"

N.C.E. Super League Report

Last 4 resluts

FC Twente 0 - 1 RC Lens L
Borussia Dortmund 1 - 3 FC Twente W
FC Basel 2 - 3 FC Twente W
FC Twente 0 - 0 Panathiniakos D

N.C.E. Super League Div. 2 Table

3 Rosenborg.......7....2....1...1...8....4...4
4 FC Twente........7...2....1...1...5....4...1
5 Panathiniakos...7...2...1...1....4...3...1

Top Scorer..........Utaka (RC Lens) 4

Top Assister........Winsnes (Rosenborg) 2

N.C.E. Super League Div. 2 Cup [DRAW]

Round 1:

FC Twente - Rosenborg
FC Basel - Anderlecht
RC Lens - Partizan Belgrade
Broussia Dortmund - Panathiniakos

A sicknote of a team! :eek:

Guys when i was analyising my team in my team section.......I found a lot of my players are a bunch of sicnotes!..........I knew there was a catch to this team........So many promising young players.....but there had to be a weak part of the team........and what a hell of a weak part. These are all of the sicknote players:

Heubach.............C
Niemeyer............C
Sibum.................C Out for 33 weeks!
N'Kufo................B
Zomer................C
Cziommer..........C
Da Costa............C
Chiristensen.......C

It's going to be tough when facing teams........because I get scared that a player will be layed off for 33 weeks.......this means I need back-up players if i want to do well..........DAHM!

Hehe, that's cool Laam :)

Sibum has picked up a few injuries for me, but never more than 2 or 3 weeks at a time (so far!). I think more players should have Injury C, I think it's more realistic and adds a bit of fun unpredictability to the game.

Metallica said:
Anyone got any suggestions on how I could enjoy and get back into the Master League mode ?

Thanks

Do what I do, choose whichever team you like, but use the default ML players. Then edit in some above average teams in your Div 2 and make the Div 1 a superleague. The game was too easy for me, even with teams like AEK but now I'm having fun and have actually lost a few.
My Div 2 is Chievo (me), Galatas, Udinese, Deportivo, Parma, PSG, Marseille, Villareal. I'm tied for first with Depor and Gala at 22 points. Villa has 21 points and I'm on the last game of the season. Must win for promotion.

425.gif

My FC Groningen ML was in danger of being ruined by bad goalkeeping against me. About 4/5 goals have flown in from miles out with the keeper doing nothing, sometimes after moving into the path of the ball too. Anyhow, i didn't get mad, i got the 'menthol' greens to play up. In my latest game, i thrashed De Graafschap 4-0 (my only thrashing of the season). It felt good after all those misfortunes. With 2 games left in the Div 2 league, it looks as if any of the top 6 out of the 8 teams could claim promotion, including myself. It's a case of win and hope though, as i play 2 teams who are below me.

Here's my current line up. I traded striker Martin Drent for Ruslan Valeev (De Graafschap) in the midseason window.

----------------------LAMBERS

-------------LUIRINK----------KRUISWIJK

ELSHOT---------------------------------------FLORÉN

---------S.SEEDORF------HUGO-----VAN GESSEL

------PINAS------------SALMON--------------VALEEV

After tinkering with different formations, i used this one against De Graafschap, and it served us well. I think i'll stick with it for the remaining 2 games.

So far, South African/FC Groningen striker Glenn Salmon, is the division's top scorer with 9 goals (in 12 games) and 2 games left to play. He's also in with a chance of receiving the Division 2 "Best Overall Player" award, if he can carry through his performances to the end of the season.

-

Last edited:
Holy SHite good stuff Proff.. what exactly is your avatar suppose to mean???

have a question regarding the ML, since there are two versions of a lot of players in the game, like two seedorfs, one with the correct name and the other without, will they both be able to be bought in the ML by other teams ?? im guessing yeah they will which is kind of stupid but id like to know...I havnt started the ML yet ive just been gaining a lot of wen and trying to unlock stuff before i start my season. Thanks

Also do the players i buy from the Shop ALL appear to be able to be bought in the ML...a player like Valdarama who i bought...will he be in the Ml when i start it...cause they are classic players, but not in a classic team so they would still be available, correct?

Barely got into Div 1 and now I find Div 1 a lot easier than Div 2.

Div 1 teams- Real, Barca, Ajax, Liverpool, PSV, Chelsea, Inter, AC, Inter, Juventus, Roma, Bayern Munchen, Man U, Arsenal, Valencia, Chievo (me).

My line up

GK Doyle (too good, need to replace)
CBT El Makourabi
CBT Vornander
CBT Stremer
DMF Ndiaw
CMF Marcos Assuncao (couldn't resist, only player on team with more than 2 yellow stats)
SMF Macco
SMF Borrodale
OMF Job
CF Rachmane Barry
CF Ugan Utan

Bench is a bunch of the default ML team guys and Giuseppe Rossi.

Results
Chievo 2 - Liverpool 2
Inter 2 - Chievo 2
AC Milan 0 - Chievo 2
Chievo 2 - Arsenal 1
Chievo 6 - Valencia 1

Assuncao and Utan have 4 goals a piece and are tied for second. Beckham is 1st with 5 goals.

Borrowdale is first in assists with 5. Barry and Job are tied for 3rd with 2 a piece.

In his first game for me Barry had 2 goals and 2 assists. Very impressive CF.

Dime, the second division is more difficult because you have to end in the top two. Konami made a mistake, allowing too much teams in the "CL". They should only allow the top two teams in the "Cl" and the third and the cup winner in the "UEFA Cup" (which i never played since i always play the CL). They should have more than 4 leagues aswell...that would make the game more fun since you would play "other teams" in the Euro Cups. Now in the ML, there is not much variety...you always play the same teams (Aston Villa, Arsenal, Man Utd, Inter, AC Milan, Udinese, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Depo, Bayern Munchen).

The fact that there are four leagues is the very reason that they allow so many teams to qualify for the CL, simply because they have to fill up the places in the competition from somewhere. It's not ideal, but you can see why they did it.

Dime, I think you're making it easy on yourself by buying players like Rachmane Barry ;)

Despite that, it's interesting that you're finding it easier playing against the really massive teams than against the more 'mediocre' teams. My first ML in Pro Evo was a very similar setup - a 'Superleague' Div 1. A friend of mine started a parallel ML which was identical in every way. We both found it tricky in Div 2, then when we finally made it into Div 1 we both found it somehow easier. Just like you have.

This is probably just going to confuse people, and I could be completely wrong about it, but does anyone feel like there's some kind of 'compensation' or 'handicapping' going on when a blatantly crap team plays a talented one? I mean between the absolute worst teams and the best teams. We've noticed it in multiplayer games, and it seemed apparent in that ML that I played. I just can't help but wonder if there is some hidden balancing going on in the background sometimes. It could of course just be my imagination, and it probably is, but I'm not sure...

I'm of the opinion that one of the best ways to make the game difficult is to search for a formation that isn't suited to a) your playing style or b) the CPU's weaknesses, yet remains fun and interesting to play with. My usual style is to play possession football in midfield, so I have created a formation with only two actual midfielders... this makes it more difficult for me and allows the CPU more room to play. I'm confident that if I was playing a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 I'd be doing much better, but I don't want that ;). From playing single and multiplayer a lot, I believe the formation is so important to how effectively the team functions - much more so than individual stats, in my opinion.

@Prof - I like the look of your Groningen ML :). I see you've bought Ruslan - he's still a member of my squad nine seasons down the line, though he's on the fringes now. Best of luck with the greens.

nerf said:
@Prof - I like the look of your Groningen ML :). I see you've bought Ruslan - he's still a member of my squad nine seasons down the line, though he's on the fringes now. Best of luck with the greens.

Why thankyou nerf. I tell you, some of the De Graafschap players have given me some stick, notably, van Beukering, Ax and De Graef.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Why thankyou nerf. I tell you, some of the De Graafschap players have given me some stick, notably, van Beukering, Ax and De Graef.

Not Zongo though mate ? whenever ive played some games against De Graaf he's always been a right handful!

How's Pinas doing too ? he's quite a skillfull fella isnt he.

Db

Hello mate, yeah Pinas is a good player. A supplier more than a finisher. When i first started, i contemplated selling him and Stefano Seedorf, as they clearly had the best stats in the squad. However, it has since been evident that i very much need their services. So they're not going anywhere just yet.
My squad is down to 20 players. My next signings will be a keeper and a forward. (taking my tally to 3 signings in the season, which is fair i think). For the keeper, i'm going to swoop for giant Belgian teenager Yves Ma Kalambay. Once of PSV, he'll be familiar with Holland. Upfront, my scouts have been tracking young Finnish forward, Daniel Sjolund of Djurgadens IF. The ex-West Ham/Liverpool forward looks like a good prospect, and would suit our style in Groningen.

nerf said:
Hehe, that's cool Laam :)

Sibum has picked up a few injuries for me, but never more than 2 or 3 weeks at a time (so far!). I think more players should have Injury C, I think it's more realistic and adds a bit of fun unpredictability to the game.

Yeah i know.......during pre-season 3 of my players were injured!!!

Last 10 Resluts

FC Twente 3 - 0 Rosenborg W
Partizan Belgrade 4 - 2 FC Twente L
FC Twente 2 - 0 Anderlecht W
RC Lens 0 - 0 FC Twente D
FC Twente 1 - 2 Borussia Dortmund L
FC Twente 1 - 0 FC Basel W
Panathiniakos 2 - 1 FC Twente L
Rosenborg 1 - 1 FC Twente D
FC Twente 0 - 2 Partizan Belrgrade L
Anderlecht 1 - 0 FC Twente L

N.C.E. Super League Div. 2 Cup [1st Round]

1st Leg: FC Twente 3 - 3 Rosenborg D
2nd Leg: Rosenborg 2 - 2 FC Twente D
Rosenborg win on away goals

N.C.E. Super League Div. 2 Table

.......................................PL..........PT
1 Borussia Dortmund......14..........25
2 Panathiniakos..............14..........23
3 RC Lens......................14..........22
4 FC Basel.....................14..........22
5 Rosenborg................14..........19
6 FC Twente................14...........18
7 Partizan Belrgrade....14..........16
8 Anderlecht................14...........16

Top Scorer..............Solli (Rosenborg) 10

Top Assiter.............Ricken (Broussia Dortmund) 5

Cup Winners

N.C.E. Super League Cup............FC Basel
WEFA Champions League...........Real Madrid
WEFA Cup....................................Newcastle United

TWENTE CATCH ESAJAS

0,4452,1180404,00.jpg

Esajas, the former AC Milan defender has made a 2.5 Million Euro transfer to second division club FC Twente, in the NCE Super League.

The thirty-year-old dutch defender was frustrated at Milan, making no appearance in the first and only getting games in the reserve squad.

"I am happy to be at Twente where i can get to star in the first team and get to play some game", he said.

"I wasn't happy at Milan because they neve gave me a chance to play and show my true worth. I was happy that Twente wanted me and i want to help them get promoted in this coming season"

Mr. Laam, the FC Twente manager, has confirmed this will be the only transfer this season and Esajas will be able to feature in the Umbro tournament coming up.

tlm-d.jpg
The Umbro Pre-Season Tour

Hosted at the ARKE STADION

arkefoto-afstand.jpg

Results:

FC Twente 0 - 1 Chelsea L

FC Twente 0 - 2 R.C.D. Espanyol L

FC Twente 4 - 0 Olympique Lyon W

Last edited:
Professor Nutmeg, where is Erik Nevland? This 27 year old striker from Norway has been bought by Groningen at the winterbreak and he is doing great! He has played 13 matches so far for Groningen and scored 9 goals already! Maybe you know him cause in the season '97/98 he played for Manchester United.. Anyway this guy is really hot at the moment in Holland and is already mentioned as new striker for Ajax!
Here is some information about him.

Cheers

nerf said:
The fact that there are four leagues is the very reason that they allow so many teams to qualify for the CL, simply because they have to fill up the places in the competition from somewhere. It's not ideal, but you can see why they did it.

Dime, I think you're making it easy on yourself by buying players like Rachmane Barry ;)

Believe it or not, he has no yellow stats, and his highest is Agility with 76. Still good, but I notice that in my other ML, by the second season almost half of his stats were yellow. Guess they didn't play as much this time around. Marcos Assuncao is now my favorite player ever, and Ndaw is a close second. He's like a better, younger Papa Bouba Diop.

Either way it's not like I'll use them again, since I'm about to quit my ML. Now, if anyone can recommend me some REALLLY shitty players I'll gladly start a new ML and see what I can do with them. ;)

Guys i had a cracking match yesterday with Auxerre......It was the second leg of the Div. 2 cup (1st round)......I lost 1-0 to Auxerre in the first leg......so i was coming into the next leg a goal down.......In the atual match i went 2-0 down in the first half.....trust me guys i was so ****** off because i had the first half controled and Velten was on fire.....but he kept on missing so many chances.......but Pierioni the belgiam player manged to score 2 goals in the space of 2 minutes......so i was 2-0 down on the first half.......in the second i replaced El hambida (very good talent) for Sibum (injury worry) and put N'Kufo on for Christensen.....this mangaed to pay of with both of them scoring and Velten scoring a hatrick in about the space of 10 minutes......trust me Velten was on the defence like a ton of bricks..........so 5-2 now everything is going good........NO!........in the last 5 minutes they manged to score two goals.....buy who? Pierioni.......I swear guys i went mad because my defence was all over the place......it was crazy the way Auxerre just cut through my defence........but that was it then 5-4 won tie but lot the round on awy goals.......And the thing was i was really hungry to win the cup......i really wanted to win it!!!

Ewerthon and Dortmund denied in Doetchinem

Ewerthon.jpg

De Graafschap 0 - 0 Borussia Dortmund

Those dark clouds hanging over the Stadion De Vijverberg could herald a gloomy future for one of these two teams. Played under dreary Doetchinem rain, this was never going to be anything more than a desperate scrap for valuable points and potential survival. The only notable event of the first half was when Anatoliy Tymoschuk squared up against Dortmund's Mawene and pushing ensued; already on a yellow card for a mistimed tackle, the De Graafschap captain was given his marching orders and the home side faced a difficult 65 minutes with ten men.

Nevertheless, De Graafschap thought they had taken the lead late in the second half with the best move of the match. Jory ten Brinke's low pass in from the right was dummied sublimely by Klaas-Jan Huntelaar on the edge of the area, wrong-footing several Dortmund defenders to allow Loránd Miriuta to latch onto the ball just inside the area, but the Hungarian playmaker's curling shot shaved the outside of Weidenfeller's post with the goalkeeper stranded.

As the clock ticked down, disaster struck for the home side. A long ball forward from Rosicky initiated a chase between the lightning-quick Ewerthon, defender Morten Henriksen and goalkeeper Joos Zoetebier. Henriksen's lumbering strides actually managed to get him to the ball first, but as the three players all converged at once in the corner of the penalty area, Zoetebier plunged rashly through Ewerthon's feet and a penalty was awarded. Ewerthon himself placed the ball on the spot, the glory of an 87th minute winner in his sights, but when he smashed the ball down the centre the young 'keeper redeemed himself by standing tall and batting the ball away.

The nervous 0-0 draw means that De Graafschap stay ahead of Dortmund while the latter remain in the relegation zone with just four games to go. The Dutch side will next travel to RC Lens, a task made no easier due to the double suspension of key starters Tymoschuk and Farnerud, while Dortmund will remain in Germany to try and snatch a crucial result at in-form Hamburger SV.

Central European Division One - Week 26 of 30

11th (32 pts) Hamburger SV
12th (32 pts) Bayer Leverkusen
13th (31 pts) Ajax
14th (28 pts) De Graafschap
--------------------------------------
15th (27 pts) Borussia Dortmund
16th (20 pts) RC Lens

Back
Top Bottom