The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

I'm so jealous Nutmeg. Your ML sounds like so much fun. I tried a Serie A or La Liga but there aren't enough teams for both Div 1 and 2 and I'm way too lazy to edit anything.

I'm actually having fun in my new ML now. This is about the 10th time I've restarted after 2 or 3 games but I finally found a nice line up.
Chievo(me), Galatasaray, Udinese, Parma, Deportivo, PSG, Marseille, and (I think) Villareal.

Chances are few and far between but I really feel like I've earned it when I do get a chance. Computer probably gets 4x as many chances at goal but they make some awful decisions. I was outnumbered 3-1 on a counter, and they couldn't score. The single player I was defending shot from 24m even though 2 of his teammates were wide open and onside.

Just came off 2-2 vs PSG, and a 2-0 win vs Udinese. Njorgo is amazing with 3 goals and Macco is unstoppable.

And here are the results...

Fixture 1 : Chievo 2 - PSG 2 (Burchet 24, Njorgo 58)

Fixture 2 : Chievo 2 - Udinese 0 (Njorgo 33, Njorgo 85)

Fixture 3 : Galatasaray 1 - Chievo 1 (Njorgo 25)

Fixture 4 : Chievo 0 - Marseille 3

Currently in 5th place even though I have the leading scorer and the top 2 assist men.

Njorgo is an amazing striker so far but everyone else is a bit disappointing. Other than Njorgo's 4, only Burchet has a goal.

Macco and Minanda have been an integral part of the attack, they've combined for about 80% of the chances and have 2 assists a piece.

Looking forward to the D2 Cup for some points.

Dime said:
I'm so jealous Nutmeg. Your ML sounds like so much fun. I tried a Serie A or La Liga but there aren't enough teams for both Div 1 and 2 and I'm way too lazy to edit anything.

Hello, yes thanks, it is fun.

I think the key for me to enjoy a ML, is to give it a "theme," if you like. We all know we come up short of teams (normally 4) if we try to fill both Div 1 and 2 with clubs from one country. So, for example, Dbs idea of the Iberian League, containing, Porto, Sporting and Benfica in the top flight amongst the Spanish teams, bodes well, i believe. (He created Maritmo to fill the last slot). It appealed to me, so i tried the same thing, creating Vitória Guimaraes.

I have plans for a Dutch/Belgian/German (west and/or north western German) ML, substituting stronger Belgian/German sides, for the weaker Dutch sides, who'll i place in Div 2. I also have plans for a "Southern Super League," incorporating teams from Southern Europe, roughly below the line of Rome, which will include teams from Turkey, Greece, Sardinia (Cagliari, Italy), Sicily (Messina, Palermo, Italy), Corsica (AC Ajaccio, France) Southern Spain, Portugal, and most likely Serbia & Montenegro (Partizan Belgrade) at a push.
For me, this gives the 2 divisions purpose, and lends something to every tie.
In both cases, i start in Div 2 with the default ML players (if i create a team, i'll swap a few players, as you are allowed to do). However, depending on which team i play with, i will edit the names and nationalities of the default players (in PesEditor) to add a bit of authenticity. For example, as Guimaraes, Matt became Martinho, Vorlander - Vitor Elandro, Eddington - Edson etc. In the Southern League as AEK Athens, Cellini will become Celiniadis, Matt - Makis, Ostwald - Osvalopoulos, Ximenez - Ximenakis etc.. ;) It just rounds it off. Happy MLing :)

Last edited:
SEASON 2 : GUILLEM BALLAGUE'S IBERIAN SECOND DIVISION PREVIEW....

tv.jpg

ALBACETE
This could the year when the perennial underachievers finally make the most of their potential. A blend of gritty determination, hard graft and creativity may well be enough to catapult them into the top flight, although they may need to see an improvement on their away form to match their impressive home performances.

ESPANYOL
Despite possessing one of the brightest young goalkeepers in world football, this is likely to be season of consolidation for Barcelona's second side. With discontent in the camp over the team's fall from grace, I'm afraid that it may be another season before I see my beloved Canaries once again battling the big boys.

GETAFE
The satellite town of Madrid is likely once again to come up short. They lack the overall quality and depth in the squad to make a challenge, and will instead have to settle for mid table obscurity..

LEVANTE
Will be expected to push on from last year and could be in the shake up come the season's end, although they still seem to be unable to turn dominance in games into all 3 points. Ettien will be expected to provide the ammunition, although he is thought to be unsettled.

MARITIMO
The Madeiran club desperately need to salvage some pride in their second season and despite two new signings it is hard to see where the goals will come from. The manager is in optimistic mood and he will need to be, if he is to hang onto his job this year. Possibly a cup run will provide some much needed relief.

NUMANCIA
Another year of failure awaits this struggling side who are still at least 5 or 6 players short of a decent team. Once again they are likely to be down in the depths of the table, with no visible respite in sight.

RACING SANTANDER
One word sums up the men from Cantabria, Inconsistent. On their day they are capable of beating any side in the league but despite a smattering of players with genuine talent, they don't seem capable of blending them together.

SPORTING LISBON
The Lisbon giants are expected to bounce straight back from a humiliating relegation with the core of the team intact. However a poor start could undermine confidence and result in a more tortuous route to the top than they will be wanting. Despite this, they are my tip for the title and with the resources at their disposal, I find it hard to see any other conclusion than champions.

Matchday 1 - Sporting v Maritimo

biggame.jpg

The whole of Portugal will come to a stand still on Sunday afternoon as the fixtures computer has thrown up an opening day cracker. On paper the island side appear to have little chance, although that won't stop whole communities across Madeira coming together to watch the game on television. The mainland outfit with a potent attack and the current seleccao number one between the sticks will surely have too much for their provincial neighbours, who ended last season in turmoil.

However, after a relatively successful tour, their are a few signs emerging that Maritimo can build on the few pluses from their previous poor showing, and more importantly start finding the back of the net with more regularity.

Team News.....

sltrain.jpg

Sporting give a late fitness test to Rochemback, although it is thought to be merely precautionary. Otherwise the side from the capital are at full strength.

mtrain.jpg

Maritimo, are likely to start with Lobaton upfront with Silas playing in the hole behind him. Teixera makes his league debut although Jadid who is still not fully match fit, is likely to start on the bench.

In the other 3 matches, Levante host Espanyol, Getafe entertain Racing and Albacete take on Numancia.

Last edited:
Yesterday i told you guys that my Wigan Athletic team had to play against current division two leaders Ipswich Town.
Valery, Celini, and Espinas were suspended and Barota was injured.
So i played with Vornander, Dulic abnd Stromer at the back, Iouga and Harty as DMF, Gillespie & Xilmelez as SMF, Minanda as OMF and Lualua and Castello upfront.
The match started great for Wigan. The first attack was a goal: Gillespie made a raid down the left wing, centered and Minanda headed the ball in the net: 1-0 after 53 seconds!!! The first 15 minutes Wigan were clearly the better team, had a couple of big chances but wasted them.After 20 minutes Ipswich became the better team at started to build up the pressure which resulted in a well deserved Bent equaliser around the 35th minute. And then Wigan had a big stroke of luck, they took the kick-off, Minanda passed to Castello who went lost the ball just before the 16 metres but the defender lost the ball and Castello could score immediately: 2-1.
After that goal Wigan clearly were th better team and this resulted in a series of corners just before the half time break. On one of those corners a lost ball came to Gillespie who took a good volley which was saved on the goal line by a defender. The ball took a deflection to Vorlander and to the same defender and disappeared in goal: a lucky (but not undeserved) goal. 3-1 at half time.
Ipswich staqrterd the second half furiously but Wigan were the lucky team and didn't concede a goal. On the contraty, the first counter of Wigan resulted in another goal when Gillespie isolated Lualua before the keeper.
In the 81th minute another Gillespie/Lualua move resulted in Lualua's second goal.
Ipswich made a late consolation goal and so the match ended in a 5-2 win for Wigan...(an exaggerated score).
Oh and about ratings, Gillespie who by far the most influential player (3 assists and involved in another goal) had a rating of merely 6...IMHO opinion he was much better than Catello against Celtic who had a 10...a rating even the great PLF never had...

I've got bad news guys my ML data with FC Sicily just been corrupted........i was starting a ML for future use....... I saved it onto the my current ML........but the thing was that i realised that i was overwriting over the data.........it was saving nearly half-way........and then i quickly jumped on the floor and pressed the reset button.......but when it went back on and went to load the data it was corrupted........the worse thing was i was really enjoying that ML a lot........was building a really realstic ML team.......it hurts really bad.

Right now i am thinking of what ML team i can be and what league i should play in........have to look through edit mode and everything.

FCT.gif

Team: FC Twente
ML Starting Points: 5000
Match Time: 15 Min.
Game Level: 5*
Auto Save: Yes
OptionFile: Riotv3.0

N.C.E. Super League Div. 1

Shakhtar Donetsk
Bayern Munich
Olympique Lyonnaise
FC Porto
Olympiakos
Werder Bremen
Ajax
PSV
AJ Auxerre
Lokomotiv Moscow
Dynamo Kiev
Galatasaray
Olympique Marseille
Bayer Leverkusen
AC Sparta Praha
Feyenoord

N.C.E. Super League Div. 2

FC Twente
Rosenborg Trondheim
FC Basel
Anderlecht
RC Lens
Partizan Belgrade
Broussia Dortmund
Panathinikos

FC Twente Squad - N.C.E. Super League Div. 2

Goalkeeper

Boschker GK
Pasveer GK

Defenders

Touzani CBT
Majstorovic CBT *
Schuurman SB/DMF/SMF
Heubach SB/DMF
Zomer CBT/SB

Midfielders

Ouedraogo DMF/SB/CBT *
Niemeyer DMF/SB
Sibum SMF/DMF
Bouchiba SMF/DMF
Wallenberg DMF
El Ahmadi SMF
Cziommer OMF/SMF/CMF
Da Costa OMF/CF

Forwards

Shoukov WF/CF/OMF/SMF
N'Kufo CF *
Culina WF/SMF
Fafiani WF/SMF/CMF
Chiristensen CF/WF
Velten CF
Afonso CF

Team Formation

* Standout Players

Last edited:
Professor what's that PESEditor?? is it an optoin file editor or one that changes original game files like PAra_we8 and param_dat and those sorts and also do you know if this will work with WE8LE?

Can't wait to get to the Div 1.

Results

D2 Cup Quarters : Chievo 3 - Villareal 0 (Njorgo, Burchet, Minanda)

Fixture 5 : Chievo 2 - Villareal 1 (Burchet 16, Castolo 90)

Fixture 6: RC Deportivo La Coruna 0 - Chievo 3 (Espimas 24, Burchet 55, Ostwaut 87)

D2 Quarters 2nd leg : Villareal 1 - Chievo 0

Aaaaaaaaaaaand I advance.

PLF the editor is indeed a small java application which lets you edit your option file. You can change names, positions, stats, flags, etc, quite a lot really. I use it more for the transfers, and changing the names of the default ML players.

Professor Nutmeg said:
PLF the editor is indeed a small java application which lets you edit your option file. You can change names, positions, stats, flags, etc, quite a lot really. I use it more for the transfers, and changing the names of the default ML players.

Thats the one i got........i downloaded it from the pesfan website

I have studied a lot of the players in this squad.........and it looks like a really solid squad......solid but average......this is a really young squad.....very young with about 4 - 5 senoir players over 27. There a some good young players like Niemeyer DMF/SB (20), Pasveer GK (20).....and more.....but the really promising player is Velten CF (18).....he looks like his going to become something special in 5 seasons time.....looks like a bright future. The bad thing is i only got 3 natural CBT......that part of the squad needs to be improved a lot. Another bad thing is N'Kufo CF (29) my aclomplised and best striker has a B for his injury tolerence and not only that Chiristensen CF/WF (24) has a C injury tolerence.........so everything aint to perfect in my squad.......don't look like i need to spend a lot in the transfer window (except for a defender..........and an extra OMF maybe).......but for some reason i want to sell N'Kufo.....his a good player but too good for a squad like mine and Velten looks like his going to take his place in the one stricker slot.

This ML will be fun for me and challenging with clubs like Broussia Dortmund, Panathinikos and Rosenborg Trondheim in the mix........everything looks good.

Last edited:
Any recommendations for which teams I can put in my new ML's div 2?

My old ML had Deportivo, Parma, Udi, Galatas, PSG, Marseille, and Villa.

I'm in a 3 way tie for first with Gala and Deportivo. Just beat Deportivo 4-0 with Njorgo scoring a hattrick and I have 1 game left which will decide if I get promoted and also the D2 Cup final.
I always seem to play well after a defeat, I won 3 in a row after losing 0-3 to Marseille, won 2 in a row after getting my ass kicked 5-1 against PSG and I just thrashed Deportivo after a 1-0 loss to Villa.

Njorgo is league leader with 10 goals, Macco is assist leader with 7.

In the negotiation period I acquied Ugan Utan, Giuseppe Rossi, and BorrowDale.

I've started my long awaited Dutch/Belgian/German ML with FC Groningen (Robben's old club), with the proper squad. I'm absolutely fuming at the last game though. I was 1-0 up against RBC Rosenadaal and then I was beaten 2-1. Both their goals were shots from miles out, which the keeper just watched as they went passed him. ](*,) :-x ](*,) A third shot later hit the post, again him just watching it. Not what i need if i want promotion. :nono:

Good news and bad news from Wigan.
They had to play leaders Ipswich Town wit quite a lot of missing players (injuries, red & yellow cards). This match against Ipswich was unbelievable. The first attack in the game resulted in a goal: a Gillespie raid down the left wing, a beautifull centre and Miranda heading it away. 1-0 after 53 seconds.
Wigan was by far the better team in the first 20 minutes but then Ipswich started to press. This resulted in a series of corner kicks and it was after one of these corners that Bent equalised. And then Wigan had some luck, the first attach immediately after the kick-off was goal again, Castello took the ball from an Ipswich defender and scored. Just before half-time a deflected corner came in the feet of Gillespie who blasted a devestating shot to goal, the ball was saved on the line by a defender, deflected on Vornander and then on the same defender: goal 3-1 at half-time.
Ipswich started the second half in a furious way and had chance after chance but somehow the second goal didn't come. The first Wigan counter was a goal again, another raid down the wing from Gillespie, a beautifull through ball and goal by Lualua. A similar attack (Gillespie, Lualua) produced Wigan's fifth goal. At the end of the match Ipswich finally scored his second goal. End result 5-2 in a match where Ipswich should have deserved more. At that time Wigan were joint leader with Fullham.
But then came the match against Fullham. And by then Wigan's luck was all used. The away match against Fullham was a classic: 0-1, 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, 2-3, 3-3 and in extra time (the last attack of the match) 4-3. Fullham won it, Ipswich also won their match and Wigan are currently third. But evezrything isn't lost, Fullham and Ipswich have to play each other...So promotion is still possible.

Prof: which teams are in your Dutch, Belgian, German ML????
Did you used La Louvière???
They are doing bizarre thins in the Belgian cometition. Way before Christmas (when La Louvière where second) they played Anderlecht and lost 2-1. One of Anderlechts goals was very controversial because the ball had exploded before it ended in goal. La louvière made a complaint and then a juridicial battle began which ended when La Louvière conceded and did not wanted to replay the match after all (this was last week). This weekend they had to play Club Brugge (leaders 6 points before Anderlecht) and what happened??? La Louvière played with a C team (La Louvière usually wins against Brugge, but of course this time they lost although it was a very close match...)because they wanted to "offer" the points to Brugge after having offered the points to Anderlecht...strange team.

Hi gerd, I have all the Dutch teams, plus Anderlecht, Brugge, Werder Bremen, Mönchengladbach, Dortmund, and Kaiserslautern. MGB and KSL are in Div 2 with 6 other Dutch sides, including myself.
I didn't make another Belgian side in the end, as i had made Fenerbahce recently.

season2g1.jpg

Sporting Lisbon 1 - 0 Maritimo

season2g1d.jpg

Controversy overshadowed the result at the Alvalade on Sunday, after official Lucílio Baptista played 3 minutes of extra time during which Sporting scored from a speculative effort by Custodio.

season2g1b.jpg

The Setubal born official who has represented Portugal in the European Championships, was confronted by a clearly irate Simao as the players left the field, an the young Englishman had to be restrained by stewards.

Simao said "I know I'll be disciplined by the LPFP but frankly, this needs to be said. Obviously we were holding them in their own backyard and that's just not acceptable is it, There were barely any fouls in the whole game, no injuries, no stoppages, so where did those extra three minutes come from ?"

Simao is likely to face censure over his comments, although they have clearly struck a cord with a large percentage of the footballing public, where favouring the Big 3 is a well known topic for discussion outside of the metropolitan areas of Lisboa and Porto.

season2g1c.jpg

The scorer Custodio, spoke to the press after the match and did nothing to defuse the situation, claiming that the Madeiran's were just jealous because "they were comprehensively outplayed by a superior side".

There is some truth in the midfielders words, however the home side were clearly being frustrated by a combination of poor finishing and some sterling defending with Teixera in particular outstanding on his debut. The bad blood which already existed between the two sides, will no doubt be fuelled further when the reverse of this fixture is played out with both sets of fans already pencilling the date in their diaries.

Meanwhile, Baptista left the stadium declining to talk to reporters, although he too is likely to summoned by League officials to explain his conduct.

season2g1e.jpg

Other Matchday 1 results...

Numancia picked up an impressive 2-1 win away at Albacete with a goal a piece from Juanlu and Pineda. Ruben Castro pulled one back but it wasn't enough for the men in white.

Getafe held Racing to a 1-1 draw and the same scoreline was mirrored at Levante where a Rubiales equaliser cancelled out an early Tamudo effort for visitors Espanyol.

Ive tried several Master League's now and I just dont enjoy it enough, No matter what team I am I just cant get into the swing of things like people on here. Quite a while ago I had one with Fiorentina but it seemed to get quite easy but I enjoyed that to start with, I did around 3 seasons.

Anyone got any suggestions on how I could enjoy and get back into the Master League mode ?

Thanks

Metallica said:
Ive tried several Master League's now and I just dont enjoy it enough, No matter what team I am I just cant get into the swing of things like people on here. Quite a while ago I had one with Fiorentina but it seemed to get quite easy but I enjoyed that to start with, I did around 3 seasons.

Anyone got any suggestions on how I could enjoy and get back into the Master League mode ?

Thanks

youve gotta make more of it mate. So its playing is not just a succession of games but a part (albeit a very important one) of the overall ML experience.

Go for a smaller club and try to get one with a few characters in it. The less well known the team the more you can develop the non playing side, as the players/fans/area etc.. are not likely to usually receive much publicity.

Take for arguments sake a team like Hansa Rostock. Not many people know much about them, but they do have Marcus Allback & Litmanen - maybe they thinks their the stars in the team and the rest of the squad resents them for that for it - eh voila youve got yourself an initial storyline. Or due to their location right in the north of Germany they have a lot of Scandanavians again maybe their are issues between the homegrown players and the Swedes & Danes ?

Ive just googled the club and there are lots of intersting pics on there that could be used. Be a bit imaginative. Maybe Allback is seeing Litmanens wife or something, despite his own missus having a small child. - the cad. That would spice it up a bit.

NOJE-26s24-allback-16.jpg

cheers

Db

I'd also add to that;

Start with the default players in Div 2. (Change their names/nationalities accordingly in PesEditor if you can)

Set yourself rules eg, no more than 3 signings per season, maximum. Don't sign players with more than "X" amount of coloured stats (you decide how many).

Buy realistically, particularly if you are a small club. Don't chop and change your players all the time.

Spend loads of time searching for players (i do, although i pretty much know of everyone now) make it a feature.

Be prepared to stay in Div 2 for a while, well at least 2 seasons. The com does its hardest to make sure you don't get promoted in the first season.

Theme your ML, (i like to do it, regionally normally, see my other post on a couple of ideas.)

Last edited:
Thanks for the ideas

What Im starting to think doing is to create a team and put them in Division 2, for the Divisions I think I will depend it on regions Spain/Portugal, Germany/Holland, England/France etc. What would link up nice with Italy ?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom