The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

denirobob said:
hi pal, yep they did rather! prob still a case of having to sell to buy next season i reckon. Hopefully i'll be able to persuade Mouloungui that his future lies on Madeira.

Like you I spend wuite a long time searching & researching players. My main criteria are Either Portuguese or Spanish speaking or players that would be likely to come to a Portuguese club - that means no Italians. British, French, German's etc.. but does open the door to South Americans, Spaniards, Eastern E/Balkans and African players (from Angola or Mozambique preferably) and obviously a few dutch too as there's such a wide choice of lower (Maritimo standard) players available.

Yep agree, think the 3 a season is a good rule, depends on finances I suppose too really.

cheers

Db

Never thought about the types of players that play in a league......so tell what type of players would want to play in an Itilian league.

In my ML team i am trying to create a itilian based team with a bit of brazilian and african magic.

LaAm said:
FC Sicily 2007/2008 Squad

Goalkeepers

Ivanov GK
Kelsen GK
Zamenhof GK

Defenders

Josemi SB/CBT
Babbel CBT/SB
Gonzalez CBT/SB
Stromer CBT
Daric CBT
Valey SB/CBT
Edington SB/SMF
Nachtegal SB

Midfielders

Ekong DMF
Di Donato DMF/CMF
Pagano SMF
Agostini SB/SMF
Marcelinho C. OMF/SMF/CF
Cellini DMF/OMF
Iorga DMF/OMF
Matt SMF/WF
Ximenez SMF

Forwards

Marini CF
Sorrentino CF
Burchet WF
Huygens CF
Castello CF/SMF

=============

Here is my team's formation:

SORRENTINO GOOD JOB :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LaAm said:
Never thought about the types of players that play in a league......so tell what type of players would want to play in an Itilian league.

In my ML team i am trying to create a itilian based team with a bit of brazilian and african magic.

well Serie A is obviously more cosmopolitan than Portugal's Superliga, but you dont see too many average northern europeans (British, Scandanavians, german, dutch etc...) tend to be lots of Argentines though

juventus11 said:
SORRENTINO GOOD JOB :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

His a good player isn't he.....just luckly stumbled on him.....his is quite fast for his size.....Hope he does great things for me :D

denirobob said:
well Serie A is obviously more cosmopolitan than Portugal's Superliga, but you dont see too many average northern europeans (British, Scandanavians, german, dutch etc...) tend to be lots of Argentines though

I already got one Argetine.....but i probably don't want to continue the fashion......want to have at least 15 itlians in my team out of 22 players.....

Alos what is the recent british player that has played in the Serie A....apart from Bothroyd......SAFE

Last edited:
He is good I had him with Parma.. Great player, very fast. and had a finishing touch.

Like Db, and some others here, i too sign players that suit the country, league and team. It polishes the experience. As Vitória Guimaraes, i'm going to buy mostly Portuguese, a few Brazilans, the odd Uruguayan, perhaps an Angolan....funnily enough Db, i was considering fellow Gabonese striker, Daniel Cousin. He's a good 'headerererer' of the ball.

bar_Italy_topstories.gif

TAKE NO CHANCES

AncelottiAP.jpg

Carlo Ancelotti has said he not taking any chances when he faces FC Sicily in the first round of the Coppa Italia.

The draw was made this Monday afternoon at the Itlian FA boardroom. AC Milan will be having a tricky away game with FC Sicily, the counter-attacking specilist.

Carlo Ancelotti said, "I am not underatimating this team, i will put out my full team, i have learnt from my mistakes from the past playing against these types of team"

"They are very good at counter-attacking and they have two young, very promising forwards. But they've got weakeness too, like their defense frailties and they haven't got any depths in their squad"

The tie against AC Milan and FC Sicily is looking like another classic in Coppa Italia history and the bookies are putting AC Milan as favourites to win the tie.

Last edited:
Guimaraes Eye Playmaker Starlet

Vitória Guimaraes are thought to be monitoring Paraguayan midfielder Diego Figueredo. The 22 year old, currently on the books at Segunda Division side Real Valladolid, in Spain, would be seen as a welcome addition to the Portuguese outfit if they manage to make the step up a division. Finances are tight though, and other possible options for Guimaraes include Cagliari's Uruguayan deep playmaker, Nelson 'Abe' Abeijon, Schalke 04's Gustavo Varela, and vastly experienced professional, Eyal Berkovic.

fig.jpg

Diego Figueredo

--

nerf said:
I never really got on with Van Beukering. I always preferred playing Zongo and moving Valeev up top alongside him.

So I see you've taken on the blue and white hoops, Dime. How have you arranged your ML?

Beukering is playing pretty well for me, and his acceleration and shot technique are also improving quite well. Plus, I prefer Valeev playing down the side, since him and Lovens are the only competent wingers on the team (other than Duits, but I think he's better at CMF).

I wanted to get my ass kicked so I've arranged sort of a super league. In the second division I put the stronger of the Eredivisie teams, such as AZ, Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, etc. And, in the First Division I put Chelsea, Arsenal, Porto, Inter, Roma, Milan, Liverpool, Man U, Munchen, and so on. Basically all the top teams.

I may keep the league the same but switch to Den Haag, since scoring 6 goals in the first game put me off a bit.

Hahhaa.. yeah that Eric guy in LaAm's sig is fuckin RETARDED lol..

glad to see people buying players that suit the league by the way. I can see i'm not the only one who does that. Obviously, Italy and England are more multicultural and can have players of pretty much any nations but I still usually go for the realistic nationalities when playing in certain leagues.

For example when I was playing in France, I only bought other Frenchies from our own league not someone like from England or Italy that would come to my team or lots of AFRICANS because in France, every team has like at least 4-5 african players probably even more.

Those 2 were my main people that I'd spend also hours researching and deciding on who to buy that would suit my team and be all realistic and stuff.

When I was in Spain though, I liked getting Spanish and Portugese the most... then South Americans and then maybe other nations.

With England again... my main focus was EPL players themselves then French players from Le Championat and NOT a lot of South Americans because there aren't that many of them there to be honest.

mrsimao1.jpg

Simao gets Presidential seal of approval

In a hastily arranged press conference before the team departs for Southern Europe, Club President Carlos Pereira confirmed that Mr Simao would be staying on for at least the up and coming season.

Perira said "I know after our last home game, that their were calls from some supporters for me to wield the axe, however I have also received many letters and emails praising the work Simao is doing here. Clearly to make him a scapegoat for our poor form would be unjust, and that's why I released funds for the transfers of Teixera and Jadid, to illustrate my full support for his tenure. I am confident that the upcoming tour will benefit everyone involved at the club, and that their will be an upturn in fortune for our on the field performances."

mrsimao2.jpg

Simao declined to comment on his employers words, offering instead a simple "I'm very much looking forward to visiting two countries I've never been to before".

aegeantour.jpg

More news coming soon....

Last edited:
We are Back
This is the team I will stay for now​

It seems like ex- livorno coach Matteo Scaglione has stated he will stay at genoa, he has been moving around with teams, but now his stay will be for long.
_1153268_ferraris300.jpg

Lazzari has joined Genoa with a 5 year deal.
Not only did Lazzari join also Baronio the yougster,
and Langella.
LANGELLA.jpg

The team has only played two matches here are the scores
Genoa 0 - 0 Atalanta

It was a hard match, Atalanta had very good chances, but the keeper said no.
the tactic is good but the problem is the defence has a wide gap, the coach said he will fix it for the next match against his ex team Livorno.

Livorno 1 - 3 Genoa

27" Igor Protti​
54"86" Langella​
79" Lazzari​
89" Montolivo (Own goal)​
The match was intence

Lol, love the photoshoping Db. :mryellow:

So, after 9 league games in the Iberian Superliga Division 2, i'm still without a win. I have registered 6 draws and 3 losses, and i have 5 games left. I have however, got 2 wins in the cup, and i'm taking a 2-1 lead into the Semi-Final 2nd leg, against Numancia. I'm hoping to win the Taça/Copa this season, as promotion is looking very unlikely.

More news to follow.

Hi Guys,

I havent played with Torino for ages and I think I wont do it anymore cause WE8LW is in my house nowdays :) I will soon start a new ML with this version and probably with NAC Breda or FC Groningen.. But its also atractive to start a new ML with the default team + 3 players cause the kit templates in this version are wonderfull! (You could make Martimo's kit without problems DB!) Oh yes thats what I wanted to say, Van Emmerik is talking with NEC about a new contract. Van Emmerik said he was very statisfied at NEC so what he is doing at Martimo :P There is also a club from Holland who have a player from Martimo on stage..? I thought it was a young brazlian talent.. Well never mind!

Althought I dont continue I still love to read your stories guys! Prof, DB, Nerf, LaAm all great! Oh and of course my arabic friend PLF!

Now I have to learn for my driving theory!

See ya!

LOL... same here I probably have played my last matches under PES4 but anyways.. GFK you tryin to piss me off by calling a Persian guy Arab??? ;) because if you are you succeeded..

Iberian Superliga Taça/Copa Divisao 2 Final
superliga.gif
laliga.gif

Venue: Estádio do Dragao

dragao.jpg

gui.gif
V. Guimaraes 2 Burchet 10' Miranda 59'
racing.gif
Racing Santander 2 D. Aganzo 65' Jonathan 79'

Racing win 4-2 on penalties

Vitória Guimaraes' only chance of silverware this season came in the Divisao 2 Cup Final, the closing match of the season. After a terrible league season, the club seeked solice in the a bouyant cup run. Indeed, Guimaraes where 2-0 up in the final with 30 minutes left to play. To this point, Professor Nutmeg's cautious 4-5-1 formation worked well. However, Racing rallied, countering Guimaraes' tight marking with high balls, and scored both comeback goals through headers, to force extra time. Extra time ensued and created nothing, except for a tense penalty shoot out, that both sides hoped to avoid. To come this far and lose on penalties is always painful. Both Miranda and César Peixoto missed from the spot for Guimaraes, and despite Ivaninho's best efforts in goal to dive the correct way, he was always narrowly beaten. Racing were crowned Div 2 Cup Champions. Vitória Guimaraes, the Runners Up.

---

Last edited:
Iberian Superliga Divisao 2 Final Table

1 Mallorca 30 (P)
2 Málaga 24 (P)
3 Levante 20
4 Racing 20
5 Albacete 19
6 Numancia 18
7 Guimaraes 16
8 Getafe 4

Vitória Guimaraes:

Wins: 3
Draws: 7
Losses: 4

Goals For: 13
Goal Against: 14
Goal Difference -1

Div 2 Cup Top Assists: Castello

-

Vitória Guimaraes Announce Mini Netherlands Tour

325.gif
318.gif
232.gif

In a post-season conference this morning, Guimaraes manager, Professor Nutmeg announced that the club will be travelling to the Netherlands for a mini tour of friendlies against Eredivisie opposition. The mini tour will feature 3 Dutch clubs - FC Utrecht, SC Heerenveen and Vitesse Arnhem, with the matches being played over the space of 14 days, during the off-season.
The manager will use this time to blood new signings, and perhaps test a new system, as he aspires to mould a squad capable of gaining promotion to Division 1 next term. The visit to the Netherlands will also be seen as a diplomatic exercise for Guimaraes, as the club hopes to strike up some relations in the lowlands.

-

Last edited:
Just started a Default ML league with Parma (not that it matters, I just liked the kits) and it's going pretty well. The first 2 games I won 2-0, and in the third I rallied back from 0-2 to tie the game with 2 goals in 5 minutes. Huylens had a chance to win it but with an empty goal facing him, hesitated, and hit the post.
Huylens is a machine, and in his 2 games he's scored 1 and assisted the other 3.

The Div 1 includes Roma, Inter, Milan, Bayern, Ajax, Arsenal, Chelsea, Barca, Valencia, and the rest are Italian teams.

Div 2 is - Parma, Lazio, Atalanta, Livorno, Messina, Palermo, Siena, and Fiorentina.

I'd love to not get promoted, maybe I should try the Iberian super league?

How many stars are you playing Nutmeg?

portsmouth.gif

Portsmouth

Its going to be a new season and a new manager for Portsmouth FC. But the new manager as immediatly warned fans that if they want new faces at the the club, the money has to come from somewhere. He also admitted that he is quite lucky to start with the current group of players already at the club, although he would look for new players when the time is right.

Fratton-Park01.gif

Fratton Park a venue where vistitors are guarenteed 2 things, a tough game and a great atmosphere

Portsmouth will be put to the test against Liverpool (away) in the first game of the season

Last edited:
New Arrivals In Guimaraes Spending Spree

In a bid to gain promotion next term, Portuguese 'Iberian Superliga' Division 2 club, Vitória Guimaraes, have secured an astonishing 6 new player signings for the 2005/2006 season. The club has had to sell or approach free agents in order to finance the deals, yet miraculously the club have managed to keep their heads above the financial waterline. The new signings are:

Nilton
capeverde.gif

Nilton.jpg

The Cape Verdean defensive midfielder joins from FC Penafiel. Dubbed "The Cleaner" by manager Professor Nutmeg, due to his defensive abilities and movement, Nilton has been brought in to sit in front of the two centre backs, and to break down opposition attacks in midfield. He is also equally adept at going forward when necessary.

Pablo Chinchilla
CostaRica.gif

P.Chinchilla.jpg

The Costa Rican international centre back joins from Alajuelense, replacing the recently retired Igor Daric.

Miguel Areias
Portugal.gif

miguelAreias.jpg

Areias' contract talks with former club FC Porto, broke down midway through last season. subsequently the full back was allowed to leave for free. Guimaraes managed to beat competition from Boavista, Nacional and AC Siena to secure his signature.

Filipe Teixeira
Portugal.gif

F.Teixeira.jpg

Unable to break into the first team picture at PSG, Teixera's bid for regular first team football will be fulfilled here in Portugal, after signing a 4 year contract with us. An exciting midfielder who likes to get forward, Teixeira looks set to be a crowd pleaser.

Paulo Sérgio
Portugal.gif

paulosergio.jpg

After having a loan deal for Dynamo Kiev striker, Kléber, rejected by the Ukranian club, Guimaraes found themselves in desperate need of forwards. The club wasted no time and turned to young, pacey forward, Paulo Sérgio as an alternative to the aforementioned Brazilian. The diminutive attacker's arrival is nonetheless seen as a great signing by both club and fans.

Hugo Almeida
Portugal.gif

hugoalmeida_int.jpg

Hugo Almeida was unveiled yesterday

Another forward signing in the form of tall striker Hugo Almeida, clearerly outlines the club's intentions. It's thought Hugo Almeida will bring a 'target man' presence upfront, holding up the ball and bringing others into play.

-

NB Nilton is actually a renationalised, renamed, and essentially edited, former WE United midfilder.

Last edited:
Professor Nutmeg said:
New Arrivals In Guimaraes Spending Spree

In a bid to gain promotion next term, Portuguese 'Iberian Superliga' Division 2 club, Vitória Guimaraes, have secured an astonishing 6 new player signings for the 2005/2006 season. The club has had to sell or approach free agents in order to finance the deals, yet miraculously the club have managed to keep their heads above the financial waterline. The new signings are:

Nilton
capeverde.gif

Nilton.jpg

The Cape Verdean defensive midfielder joins from FC Penafiel. Dubbed "The Cleaner" by manager Professor Nutmeg, due to his defensive abilities and movement, Nilton has been brought in to sit in front of the two centre backs, and to break down opposition attacks in midfield. He is also equally adept at going forward when necessary.

Pablo Chinchilla
CostaRica.gif

P.Chinchilla.jpg

The Costa Rican international centre back joins from Alajuelense, replacing the recently retired Igor Daric.

Miguel Areias
Portugal.gif

miguelAreias.jpg

Areias' contract talks with former club FC Porto, broke down midway through last season. subsequently the full back was allowed to leave for free. Guimaraes managed to beat competition from Boavista, Nacional and AC Siena to secure his signature.

Filipe Teixeira
Portugal.gif

F.Teixeira.jpg

Unable to break into the first team picture at PSG, Teixera's bid for regular first team football will be fulfilled here in Portugal, after signing a 4 year contract with us. An exciting midfielder who likes to get forward, Teixeira looks set to be a crowd pleaser.

Paulo Sérgio
Portugal.gif

paulosergio.jpg

After having a loan deal for Dynamo Kiev striker, Kléber, rejected by the Ukranian club, Guimaraes found themselves in desperate need of forwards. The club wasted no time and turned to young, pacey forward, Paulo Sérgio as an alternative to the aforementioned Brazilian. The diminutive attacker's arrival is nonetheless seen as a great signing by both club and fans.

Hugo Almeida
Portugal.gif

hugoalmeida_int.jpg

Hugo Almeida was unveiled yesterday

Another forward signing in the form of tall striker Hugo Almeida, clearerly outlines the club's intentions. It's thought Hugo Almeida will bring a 'target man' presence upfront, holding up the ball and bringing others into play.

-

NB Nilton is actually a renationalised, renamed, and essentially edited, former WE United midfilder.

hi mate

cant see any of the pics :( sounds like youve been hitting the plastic hard!

Chinchilla sounds a good buy mate.

btw - if you watched the world Football Show this week then you'll about this chap.....

Db

Maritimo eye up model professional

sam1.jpg

CSM officials today confirmed their interest in Club Libertad centre forward Juan Samudio.

The Portuguese club currently on their Summer Tour and due to face Besiktas this evening, are still on the lookout for a target man to reinforce a much maligned attack, and Samudio would fit the bill perfectly. Although in his mid twenties, the player has recently come to the fore of the Paraguay national team after leading the league goalscoring charts. His rugged good looks have also made him a household name in his homeland, where he enjoys the media spotlight and the attentions of the current Miss Paraguay Karina Buttner.

sam3.jpg

Samudio's agent Rogelio Rojas said that despite his clients affection for Libertad, whom he has helped to two league titles and a run in the Copa Libertadores, Asuncion is no longer big enough to accommodate a player of his stature.

Samudio could travel to Europe directly from South America, and Libertad president Horacio Manuel Cartes says that talks are at an advanced stage. "The conversations between both clubs are very advanced so I think the player could be in Athens next week so he can resolve the last few things."

"The president has called me and we're ready to talk personal terms," Rojas confirmed yesterday. "Juan would be happy to play in Portugal and I am ready to fly immediately to Istanbul, Athens or Funchal if they call me."

sam2.jpg

Samudio said that "I would be very happy if the negotiation with Maritimo went alright. Playing in the Iberian championship would be like a dream for me."

denirobob said:
hi mate

cant see any of the pics :( sounds like youve been hitting the plastic hard!

Chinchilla sounds a good buy mate.

btw - if you watched the world Football Show this week then you'll about this chap.....

Db

Hey DB i watch the world football show......on channel 4, late at night, around 3am............i thought i was the only nut in the world who stays up late to watch that program :mrgreen: ......they also do the latest french football after it.

Also Nutmeg what is the total you shelled out for all those players?

bar_Italy_topstories.gif

Last nine league results

Juventus 2 - 1 FC Sicily
FC Sicily 1 - 3 Sampdoria
Udinese 1 - 1 FC Sicily
Lazio 0 - 1 FC Sicily
AS Roma 1 - 0 FC Sicily
FC Sicily 2 - 0 Palermo
FC Sicily 1 - 1 WE United
R. Racing C. 1 - 1 FC Sicily
Bologna 2 - 1 FC Sicily

Form Guide: L L D W L W D D L

Serie A

......Team....Pt...W...D.....L....GF....GA..........F/A
WE United...11....3...2.....4....12.....15...........-3
FC Sicly......9.....2....3....4....9......11............-2
Udinese......9.....2....3....4....10.....17...........-7

Current Serie A Top Scorer........Shevchenko 7

Current Serie A Top Assists.......Cesar 4

Last edited:
LaAm said:
Also Nutmeg what is the total you shelled out for all those players?

Hello, i didn't spend that much actually. Areias was free. Teixeira i traded at no exrta cost. And a decent cup run (final, plus top assister) gained me a good few thousand points. I sold another player and financed the others arrivals that way. Of course i haggled to get the best price. I never tend to offer the com that much more.

Back
Top Bottom