The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Quaresma is essentially a forward. A winger.

I'm having a great time in the Iberian Superliga Div 2, with Vitoria Guimaraes (see a few posts back for reports). It's tough. So far i've registered 6 draws and 1 loss, in the league (i'm halfway). In the cup, i've managed to get through the first round against Albacete, with a draw and a win, the winning goal coming in the 104th minute, agg 2-3. Damn that Rubén Castro is a handful.
A strange thing though. I have César Peixoto (who's on loan at Guimaraes irl) he's 24 in the game, yet his stats don't improve at all. Literally zero, zip, zilch. I can't think why.

LaAm, did you check on those badge/flag measurements? thanks.

quaresma.JPG

quaresma1.jpg

2630024_7_1.jpg

Professor Nutmeg said:
Quaresma is essentially a forward. A winger.

I'm having a great time in the Iberian Superliga Div 2, with Vitoria Guimaraes (see a few posts back for reports). It's tough. So far i've registered 6 draws and 1 loss, in the league (i'm halfway). In the cup, i've managed to get through the first round against Albacete, with a draw and a win, the winning goal coming in the 104th minute, agg 2-3. Damn that Rubén Castro is a handful.
A strange thing though. I have César Peixoto (who's on loan at Guimaraes irl) he's 24 in the game, yet his stats don't improve at all. Literally zero, zip, zilch. I can't think why.

Glad to hear your enjoying it mate. I'm having trouble downloading your clips :(

Peixoto was due to go to Maritimo on loan IRL but declined (sensible chap!) think he wanted to stay closer to home. weird he doesnt improve though

Keep an eye on the squad and the Vinho Verde matey! tchau Db

Dime said:
De Graafschap start the season off right in a 9 goal thriller...

De Graafschap fans finally have something to cheer about as their team earlier recorded an amazing 6-3 win over Eredivisie rivals AZ Alkmaar.

beuktegenrbc.jpg

Ax(89) Duits(27,54,77) Van Beukering (32,39)

The match started out slowly enough, with each side trying to gain control of the midfield, and as such, no real chances were had by either side for the first 10 minutes of the game.
Afterwards, both sides seemingly found their motivation, and the real game began. Within 20 minutes each team had settled in, and both sides had 3 shots on goal in an incredibly offensive minded match which had seen the ball continuously ping pong from side to side and off each keeper's mitts.

Soon enough the crowd was sent into a pandemonium as young midfield talent Sander Duits had capped off an incredible run from midfield partner Glenn Loovens. Loovens had run off 2 beautiful give and go's with Sideback Carillho to get free down the right side, after evading AZ defenders, he sent a perfect cross right in the middle of the box, where Duits had found open space. Duits controlled the ball beautifully, then easily tapped it past the keeper.

The lead was shortlived however thanks to AZ's striker Nelisse. Right off the kick off, the Graafschap defense seemed to part like the red sea, allowing a series of passes between Landzaat and Nelisse. Nelisse was finally set free down the middle and slotted past Van Dijk's grasping arms.

After such a turn of events no one would be able to predict what happened next. The Almaar players, feeling quite cocky, charged into attack, and in the process left their defense quite weak in the back. Loovens was able to send a lovely through pass past several defenders to put Jhon vam Beukering 1 on 1 with the AZ keeper. Beukering didn't hesitate; he dropped the keeper with a shot feint, then lobbed into the open goal.

Sadly for De Graafschap, they were'nt going to have anything easy tonight. Several minutes after the Beukering strike, the teams were on level terms again as Carillho had made a blunder of clearing a cross and ended up gifting Landzaat the ball in the box and an easy goal.

Incredibly, the action would not stop there and the game would get even stranger and Graafschap would regain the lead by half time. Through a mistake in the defensive clearance, Beuekering was allowed to sneak into the far left side of the box and intercept a weak pass. With the AZ keeper rushing, Beukering sent a beautiful long lob right into the upper right corner to give Graafschap the lead. Again.
The fans were reluctant to cheer this time, but found themselves safe up through half time.

The second half would see Graafschap cement their win, and AZ recieve a third consolation goal.
Five minutes into the second half, Duits recives the ball in the midfield, finds himself unmarked and drives a lovely 28 yard Lampard bullet past a stagnant keeper. Duits would finish his hat trick 33 minutes through the second half. Much like his last goal, he would send an amazing 23 meter bomb past a bewildered keeper.

Perez would answer with a low drive across the box and into the lower corner with 7 minutes left to play, but Patrick Ax puts it out of reach when a Loovens pass sets him up on the edge of the box.

The players would retire to the locker rooms with the Stadion De Vijverberg sent into ecstacy.

sounds like a right slobberknocker of a contest mate.

out of interset i played a couple of frendlies last night Maritimo v De Graafschap.

In the first, your boys gave me one hell of a beating with maritimo losing 5-1 (all your 5 were scored by Van Heeren?!? - big CF)

in the second game i won 2-1 although Zongo was a constant handful.
cheers

Db

denirobob said:
Glad to hear your enjoying it mate. I'm having trouble downloading your clips :(

Hello mate. I just checked the movie links. The 'highlights' one still seems to work, but the Miranda clip seems not to be. Hopefully it'll be back on later. You have to check him out ;)

So Db, who did you find the most difficult player to face in the league? I have to say, Rubén Castro is a serious handful, popping up everywhere and cracking shots at goal. Okubo seems to do his job very well too. Some players in Racing Santander just toyed with me in one of the games, doing fancy tricks. I think it was Regueiro. I have to say, now that i'm in this Master League, i've noticed the opposition do a lot of fancy tricks, which is pretty cool. Quite true to form. Different to my Championnat ML and Serie A MLs.
I managed to make one signing in the mid-transfer window, Amoreirinha (on loan at Estoril from Benfica irl) seeing as CBs, Daric and Vitór Elandro are retiring at the end of the season.

Really enjoying this one. :) Good call Db.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Hello mate. I just checked the movie links. The 'highlights' one still seems to work, but the Miranda clip seems not to be. Hopefully it'll be back on later. You have to check him out ;)

So Db, who did you find the most difficult player to face in the league? I have to say, Rubén Castro is a serious handful, popping up everywhere and cracking shots at goal. Okubo seems to do his job very well too. Some players in Racing Santander just toyed with me in one of the games, doing fancy tricks. I think it was Regueiro. I have to say, now that i'm in this Master League, i've noticed the opposition do a lot of fancy tricks, which is pretty cool. Quite true to form. Different to my Championnat ML and Serie A MLs.
I managed to make one signing in the mid-transfer window, Amoreirinha (on loan at Estoril from Benfica irl) seeing as CBs, Daric and Vitór Elandro are retiring at the end of the season.

Really enjoying this one. :) Good call Db.

i'll try the clips again at lunchtime pal.

castro's good as is pachecho & david gonzalez of albacete. benayoun natrually, yep agree on reguiero also, malaga's edgar & wanchope, ettien of levante and celestini, okubu is a beast and the whole mallorca midfield is solid.

every team except possibly numancia have at least couple of dangemen imo.

The Iberian division 2 is the choice of the ML Connsieur and eccentric!

Im thinking of creating a Championship team and placing them in Div 2 and have all English teams. But there is that problem with teams though. If I create a English team that will put 21 English teams to the game. 16 go in Div 1 and 8 ? (or is it 10) go in Div 2. Whats the best way to deal with all this ?

Thanks

Perhaps stick Celtic and Rangers in Div 1, then...

..Div 2 has 8 teams. So perhaps:

1 West Brom
2 Norwich
3 Palace
4 Southampton
5 Portsmouth
6 Blackburn
7Your team
8 PESU or WEU turned into another championship team. (Sunderland or Ipswich?)

Napoli 2 -0 Livorno
Calaio PK
Calaio Pk

Very fast-paced game with Napoli having the better of chances. Deserved result, even with Livorno missing a PK.

Napoli 0-1 Atalanta
Gautieri

Atalanta had the better chances, and deserved the only goal scored. Gautieri broke free and just had to tap it into the goal, beating Renard.
Inacio Pia hit the post, but that was the only real chance by Napoli.

Professor Nutmeg said:

Yes sir!

The editor can import images from PNG and GIF files:

Flag / Emblem

64x48 pixels, Indexed palette - 256 colour maximum.

When a Flag / Emblem image is used as flag all colours in the palette are used, but when used as an emblem, only the first 207 colours of the palette are used and any remaining colours in the palette will appear transparent if the image is used on a shirt.

Logo

32x32 pixels, Indexed palette - 16 colour maximum.

At least one colour in the palette should be transparent.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Perhaps stick Celtic and Rangers in Div 1, then...

..Div 2 has 8 teams. So perhaps:

1 West Brom
2 Norwich
3 Palace
4 Southampton
5 Portsmouth
6 Blackburn
7Your team
8 PESU or WEU turned into another championship team. (Sunderland or Ipswich?)

Thanks I think that probably is the best way to do it, although my OF has Shaktar and Rosenberg instead of PES and WE Utd so one of them might have to go

Professor Nutmeg said:
Thanks. Now if i can just work out how to do it all. :eh:

Go to paint or something and shrink your logo/flag you want to the right side and go to the logo/flag section, click on the place you want put your logo/flag and it ask you if you want to import it in click import PNG and search where you saved your logo/flag. Make sure you saved your logo/flag as a PNG file.

Does that make sense :eh:

denirobob said:
In the first, your boys gave me one hell of a beating with maritimo losing 5-1 (all your 5 were scored by Van Heeren?!? - big CF)

in the second game i won 2-1 although Zongo was a constant handful.
I never really got on with Van Beukering. I always preferred playing Zongo and moving Valeev up top alongside him.

So I see you've taken on the blue and white hoops, Dime. How have you arranged your ML?

transfers.gif

FC SICILY LAND SORRENTINO
by Alex Livie - created on 21 Mar 2005

sorrentino9to.jpg

Sorrentino has completed his move from Parma to FC Sicily.

The 21-year-old has signed a three-year deal at FC Sicily for 6 Million Euros from Parma.

Sorrentino admitted it was a hard decision to leave Parma after seven years at the club, when he was signed at 14 and coming up from the Parma youth academy.

"It was a hard decision because Parma helped me develop as a player and as a man off-field, I will miss the fans and the town," said Sorrentino.

"I spent seven years here but I felt that i wasn't getting enough opportunity to play games and show what i am made of. I am happy to be at Sicily so I can play my regulary."

Meanwhile, Minanda, 34 has been sold to Roma for 5 Million Euros. The midfeilder signed a two-year-deal at the club which he will end his career there.

transfers.gif

IN:

Name: Gonzalez
Nation: Argentina
Position: CBT/SB
To: FC Sicily
Cost: 3 Million Euros

Name: Sorrentino
Nation: Italy
Position: CF
To: FC Sicily
Cost: 6 Million Euros

OUT:

Name: Miranda
Nation: Portugal
Position: OMF
To: Roma
Cost: 5 Million Euros

LaAm said:
Go to paint or something and shrink your logo/flag you want to the right side and go to the logo/flag section, click on the place you want put your logo/flag and it ask you if you want to import it in click import PNG and search where you saved your logo/flag. Make sure you saved your logo/flag as a PNG file.

Does that make sense :eh:

Thanks, i'm going to have to fiddle in Photoshop. I think it's going to be trial and error though. I know a dodgy badge/flag can ruin an OF.

TRANSFERÊNCIAS...TRANSFERÊNCIAS...

Maritimo have taken no time in boosting their squad with the acquisition of two players.
Both new signings will make their debuts during the upcoming tour of Turkey and Greece where CSM
will encounter stiff opposition and hostile crowds in 5 matches against the cream of Athens and Istanbul.

Atlas Lion captured

aj_1.jpg

Abderazak Jadid (CF) 3300 / 420 from Pisa/Brescia

Rescued from Pisa after failing to make the grade at Brescia. One of the key factors for the
homesick Moroccan, was being closer to his homeland. And with flights from Santa Cruz airport
taking just over an hour the move is ideal. Being a left footed player he also gives the club new
options and his relationship with Lobaton and Silas could well prove to be fruitful.

Virgilio vigil pays off.

vt_1.jpg

Virgilio Teixeira (CB) 2900 / 365 from RKC Waalwijk

The Dutch born defender of Portuguese parentage has been a long term target although Simao denied any interest in the player when the story first broke. Despite recently turning 30, his strength, speed and general awareness are as good as ever and he possesses a natural authority that the defence desperately needs. The player is thought likely to be handed the captain's armband in recognition of his leadership qualities. Also a left footer, he should provide balance to the right footed Tonel, in a partnership unlikely to take many prisoners.

sg_1.jpg

Club sources also say that the former RKC man's partner, Serginho Greene (pictured above) who can play either as a Centre Back or Right back has also caught the eye. It is likely that the player's progress will be monitored, although Maritimo may find themselves having to fight off competition from PSV who are also known to be keen on the player.

Failed bid for Gabonese goalpoacher

em_1.jpg

Finally, the club failed in speculative approach for Strasbourg's Eric Mouloungui. However Mr
Simao said that the Club would be back in for the striker during the Second season mid season transfer window. In the meantime, it is hoped that Mouloungui's international teammate and Belenenses hitman Henri Anchouet, will convince the young striker that life in Portugal is well worth experiencing.

"The manager likes his directness. That's something this side is currently lacking. Hopefully we
can restructure the deal and provide a financial package satisfactory for Strasbourg and obviously for the player too" A club spokesman said.

krum.jpg

No Krum of comfort for Bulgarian

With the club still clearly on the lookout for attacking options, Alan and Bibshikov's days may
be numbered as each striker failed to get on the scoresheet last season. The Bulgarian's fall from favour has been particularly stark, as he was a regular starter under former coach Barretto but can no longer even gurantee a place on the bench.

Nice one denirobob.......i bet those transfer broke your pocket.......and how long did it take you to find theses players.......It usally takes me a good 30 minutes or so to find the right players for my team.

Also how many players do you allow yourself to buy a season......I only buy 3 players a season

FC Sicily 2007/2008 Squad

Goalkeepers

Ivanov GK
Kelsen GK
Zamenhof GK

Defenders

Josemi SB/CBT
Babbel CBT/SB
Gonzalez CBT/SB
Stromer CBT
Daric CBT
Valey SB/CBT
Edington SB/SMF
Nachtegal SB

Midfielders

Ekong DMF
Di Donato DMF/CMF
Pagano SMF
Agostini SB/SMF
Marcelinho C. OMF/SMF/CF
Cellini DMF/OMF
Iorga DMF/OMF
Matt SMF/WF
Ximenez SMF

Forwards

Marini CF
Sorrentino CF
Burchet WF
Huygens CF
Castello CF/SMF

=============

Here is my team's formation:

LaAm said:
Nice one denirobob.......i bet those transfer broke your pocket.......and how long did it take you to find theses players.......It usally takes me a good 30 minutes or so to find the right players for my team.

Also how many players do you allow yourself to buy a season......I only buy 3 players a season

hi pal, yep they did rather! prob still a case of having to sell to buy next season i reckon. Hopefully i'll be able to persuade Mouloungui that his future lies on Madeira.

Like you I spend wuite a long time searching & researching players. My main criteria are Either Portuguese or Spanish speaking or players that would be likely to come to a Portuguese club - that means no Italians. British, French, German's etc.. but does open the door to South Americans, Spaniards, Eastern E/Balkans and African players (from Angola or Mozambique preferably) and obviously a few dutch too as there's such a wide choice of lower (Maritimo standard) players available.

Yep agree, think the 3 a season is a good rule, depends on finances I suppose too really.

cheers

Db

Back
Top Bottom