The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

MrSix said:
logo_ww.gif

Hello evo-web masterleague veterans, I am hoping to post here and add my stories eventually,

after doing some research I am starting my new masterleague with Wolverhampton. It was sad to accidentally lose my AS Cannes ML, but after I saw that there were 4 Wolverhampton players in the game, I began to get excited again about starting Masterleague with 3 real Wolverhampton players..

Wolverhampton

Colin Cameron
(Scotland national team)- CMF-
sco.gif

Seol Ki Hyeon(Korean Republic National team) -WF/CF/SMF-
kor.gif

Rohan Ricketts
(Tottenham Hotspur,currently on loan to Wolves)-SMF-
eng.gif

-----------------------------
My first transfer window target currently plays for Wolves as well:
Olofinjana(Nigerian national team) -DMF-
nga.gif

Welcome mate.
Welcome%20to%20Hell.gif

Professor Nutmeg said:
TFC Talk: Ibrahim Akin & Julien Sablé talk to TFC TV

New signing Ibrahim Akin, spoke to TFC TV about his disappointment at leaving Besitas JK, and how he hopes to find his feet in the South West corner of France. The midfielder told TFC TV: "I was very sad to leave Besiktas, but when you don't play football, you get frustrated. I had only just joined from Altay Izmir and signed a long term contract, but the new manager didn't have me in his plans. Terminating my contract by mutual consent seemed the only logical step. It is a shame, but i feel it was for the best. When Toulouse contacted my agent, and i heard about what they had achieved last season and the chance of European football, i was very interested. There were other offers, but i wanted to try my luck in France.

Like the other members of the squad, Akin will have a chance to state his claim for a place in the starting eleven, if he can impress the manager in the off-season friendlies, and the pre-season WEFA Champions League qualifiers.

ibrahim_akin.jpg

Akin: Aiming high

One player who looks sure to feature in Professor Nutmeg's plans, is long term target, and other new signing, Julien Sablé, who joined fron Saint Etienne. Sablé turned down an offer to join Toulouse in the winter transfer window last season, deciding instead to keep Saint Etienne in the top flight. Toulouse came again with an improved offer this summer, and the central midfielder decided to move on from Les Verts. It's thought Sablé might form a central midfield partnership with either Nabil Taider, who operated so well in the position last season, or fellow new signing MacBeth Sibaya. Indeed, with so much talent in that area of the park, the Professor may opt for three in midfield. Sablé told TFC TV: I'm happy to join Toulouse, and i'm excited at the prospect of European football this coming season. I know i have been a long term target for the club, but the team is not decided yet. I'm determined to make my mark though."

287.jpg

Julien Sablé: Point to prove

-

excellent stuff proff. thoroughly enjoyed reading it. You really capture what it must be like in and around a so-so French league side.

Db

IBERIAN DIVISION 2 : LAST DAY OF SEASON.....

259.jpg

Guillem Balague returns from an extended break to reflect on the season's finale.

GB....

You will all be pleased to know my apartment is now tastefully decorated and the future Mrs Ballague is suitably happy in her new home, besides the interfering Mother in law to be that is....um yep ok, onto more important matters and where better to start than at the top.

The permutations are thus...

If Malaga win against Albacete they win the title. If they draw they also win the title. If Malaga lose and Mallorca beat Numancia then Mallorca will win the title on goal difference. If Mallorca fail to get the 3 points then they can only finish second.

Clear as mud eh, anyway without wishing to remind readers of my Russell Grant qualities, I recall suggesting in one of my earlier columns that these two sides would be the ones to beat, and so it has proved.

Albacete, Racing, Levante and Getafe have all threatened to deceive and the less said about Numancia and Maritimo the better. The former need a serious injection of quality, and the latter despite a couple of blips of promise, desperately need to find a goalscorer, restore Portuguese pride and keep their manager in a job.

Ate Logo

Guillem

bar_Italy_topstories.gif

Last four results

FC Sicily 1 - 0 Roma W
Udinese 1 - 0 FC Sicily L
FC Sicily 2 - 1 Bologna W
AC Milan 2 - 2 FC Sicily D

Serie A

......Team......Pt...W...D...L...GF...GA.......F/A
7 Sampdoria...37...11...4...12...30.....37..........-7
8 FC Sicly.....36...9.....9...9...32.....31............1
9 Fiorentina......36...10....5....12...33.....40...........-7

Current Serie A Top Scorer

Trezeguet - 23

Current Serie A Top Assists

Nakata - 11

ext_gallery01.jpg

................................THE NEW CORVETTE DEAL........................................

FC Sicily have signed a seven year deal with the American car makers, Corvette, which will be the official club sponsors. The deal was estimated to cost 10.5 million Euros and was confimed by the Corvette group and FC Sicily mangement this evening at the board meeting in Milan. The new FC Sicily kit will be coming out before the start of the new season, which will be bought by fans and supporters

For more info on Corvette go to.....click here

MrSix nice to see you have joined the evo-web clan.....so you'll probably be posting on both the forums ;)

Another thing DB you ain't updated your ML site.

PLF said:
And Dime I agree... I'd give Anything to experience just ONe ... only one of DB's amazing 4-0 defeats but it just doesn't happen. CPU doesn't score that much cuz i
m fuckin good at defending.. :(

I really miss feeling threatened when the computer has the ball. The first week I had the game was fucking bliss. Everytime the computer was on attack they had a legitimate chance to score, and I had to work my ass off for a single goal. Had some nailbiters, and it actually made me happy to reach the midseason, now I'm just apathetic, since I don't really see a point in making trades anymore.

The computer often makes such shitty decisions on attacking, I especially hate their fucking crosses from 40 meters before anyone is even in the box.

It's gotten better in the past few games though. After coming off 5 clean sheets I've conceded 4 goals in the past 3 games. Ended up with 2 draws and a win. Would have fucking killed for the computer to have scored 1 more and knock me out of the championship though.

39.gif
vs.
45.gif

Just played one of the most exciting games I've ever played.
Wolverhampton coming off their first win 1-0 over Norwich in the Div2 Cup with the game winner scored by new Wolverhampton midfielder Onischenko, signed in the transfer window.

Norwich Began with the ball but Onischenko quickly took it away passed it up to Ricketts. Ricketts, Castolo and Cameron all got touches before Ricketts dummied one way and then burst into the box. He fed a quick one time pass to Colin Cameron and GOOOAAALLL. Yet replays from a different angle show the goal was a true Malcolm MacDonald SuperMac style goal. In other words, it was a mistake. Cameron struck the ball way off but it hit the back of a Norwich defender and was deflected into the goal.
Wolverhampton-1 Norwich-0
Cameron 13'

Unfortunately for Wolverhampton, MrSix didn't pick up any SBs in the transfer and the lack of quality along the wings on defense is very obvious and very pitiful. Just 6 minutes after going up, SB Edingson got burned badly down the wing leading to a cross. the Wolverhampton defenders were caught flat-footed and former arsenal player Bentley heading the ball into the net.
Wolverhampton-1 Norwich-1
Cameron 13'
Bentley 19'

The Wolves defense still must have been day dreaming about being up 1-0 because their played could be described as "detached" at best. Bentley needed no help in juking past the helpless babe Vorlander and rifling in a 25-yard heater.
Wolverhampton-1 Norwich-2
Cameron 13'
Bentley 19'
Bentley 27'

Somehow the Wolves defense made it through the rest of the first half without conceding another goal, not for lack of effort as Dulic and Edingson consistantly showed their quality is more suited for the beer leagues than any professional leagues. Perhaps seeing his teammates get beat so consistantly woke up Seol Ki-Hyeon from a season long hibernation. Appearing for the first time, or at least it felt like it, Seol Ki-Hyeon took a pass from Cameron around the middle of the field and used a combination of pace, technique and intelligent jukes to wiggle his way into the box somehow holding onto the ball. He turned and sent a wobbly pass into the center and somehow Ricketts elbowed his too it and netted it.
Wolverhampton-2 Norwich-2
Cameron 13'
Bentley 19'
Bentley 27'
Ricketts 67'

Seol ki-Hyeon was not finished. He proceded to dominate the next ten minutes of play, winning the ball in his own half of the field, sending passes up to wings and eventually taking a through ball, burning his marker....Keeper Green from Norwich was off his line and charging fast....Ki-Hyeon shoots....Green dives and blocks the shot....Ki-Hyeon takes rebound and dribbles into the net...
Wolverhampton-3 Norwich-2
Cameron 13'
Bentley 19'
Bentley 27'
Ricketts 67'
Ki-Hyeon 75'

It seems Seol Ki-Hyeon's power boost wore off and he turned back into a mortal because the next time he touched the ball he gave it up rather easily. Again, the SBs proved fatal to Wolverhampton as Norwich worked the ball down the sides before Onischenko or Cameron could get there....and much the dismay of Wolverhampton's home crowd who saw their team score almost as many goals in one night as they had all season long... M. Svensson volley the shot past a diving Douglas.
Wolverhampton-3 Norwich-3
Cameron 13'
Bentley 19'
Bentley 27'
Ricketts 67'
Ki-Hyeon 75'
M. Svensson 79'

When asked after the game if he felt his side backs let him down, Douglas angrily replied, "I am the keeper, all the goals are my fault." While such an attitude is admirable it is likely that MrSix is already plotting the transfer of Edingson and Valeny who almost single handedly (or double handedly?) cost Wolverhampton their second win of the season.

Wolverhampton scouts reported around the training facility of Irish national side apparently very active in scouting SB Ian Harte, Mr Six's "Irish Beckham".

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like an awesome game. Your story really made me want to sell my SB's and buy the ML backline just to get scored on a bit more.

lastday1.jpg

Malaga 2 Albacete 1

A Juan Rodriguez goal in the final minutes of injury time confirmed the inagrual Iberian Division 2 championship would be heading to the Costa Del Sol based club.
Albacete took the lead in the 14th minute after a sweet move between Pachecho and David Gonzalez. With the home side still a goal down at half time, there were premature scenes of celebration at the Son Moix where Mallorca had already put two past Numancia. However, with 20 minutes left Paolo Wanchope got the merest of touches on a corner to level and set up an anxious wait for the thousands of supporters decked out in blue and white.

With the game going into overtime and Albacete still looking dangerous, the Islanders launched a counter attack that sprung the away defence. Baiano's shot was well parried by the keeper only for supersub Rodriguez to followed home and spark off joyous scenes La Rosaleda.

lastday2.jpg

Mallorca beat Numancia 2-0
Racing draw 1-1 with Levante
Getafe held Maritimo to a goaless draw

Final Table...

Malaga 34
Mallorca 31
-----------
Racing 23
Levante 19
Getafe 18
Albacete 13
Numancia 10
Maritimo 8 (1 win / 5 draws / 8 defeats / 4 goals for / 18 goals against)

Roll of Honour....

Iberian Division 2 Player of the Year : Okubo (Mallorca)

okobu.jpg

Pichichi : Javi Guerrero (Racing S)

lastday3.jpg

Top Assist : Tote (Malaga)

lastday4.jpg

Iberian Division 2 Cup Final : Albacete 0 - 2 Racing Santander
WEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL : Real Madrid 4 Inter 1
WEFA MASTERS CUP FINAL : Bayer L 0 Aston Villa 2
Iberian Division 1 winner : Deportivo La Corunna
Mediterranean Division 1 winner : Juventus
Central Division 1 winner : Bayern Munich
Northern Division 1 winner : Manchester United

LaAm said:
Another thing DB you ain't updated your ML site.

Too true my friend, Without wishing to go down the David O' Leary line of excuses, I dont have the internet yet at my new gaff and works been so busy recently i've ony had time to post news on evo web.

I'll make some updates very shortly. Db

Wow, Aston Villa won the WEFA Cup. :mryellow:

Well Done Db, congrats on completing the first season. One thing is for sure. Things can only get better from here.
So who was relegated from the Iberian Divsion 1?

Professor Nutmeg said:

Well Done Db, congrats on completing the first season. One thing is for sure. Things can only get better from here.
So who was relegated from the Iberian Divsion 1?

I know mate, bizarre eh. Depor taking the Iberian title was also unexpected.

Espanyol and Sporting Lisbon!! It doesn't get easier does it. Still I've got a few irons in the fire so to speak, plus a 5 game tour of Greece & Turkey to come, which should recharge the batteries and focus the playes minds.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Wahey :D

And over a German team too... like in Rotterdam in '82...

(I have to get my enjoyment from fictional trophies because it's unlikely to happen for real :( )

nerf said:
Wahey :D

And over a German team too... like in Rotterdam in '82...

(I have to get my enjoyment from fictional trophies because it's unlikely to happen for real :( )

Never say never nerf.

My mate's uncle is actually Dennis Mortimer, unfortuantly he hasn't got any of his ability! Infact to make matters worse his dad is a quality player and so is his younger brother, but alas it appears to have skipped a generation (sort of) and he's been left with nowt.

vangaag.jpg

Van Gaag Gone Home

As expected, Mitchell Van Gaag has called time on his Portuguese adventure and will return to the Netherlands after a two week holiday. After the goalless draw with Getafe, he threw his shirt to the small band of Maritimo supporters behind the goal, and despite the hardman exterior was seen to shed a tear. In particular the Dutch warhorse drew praise from Simao, who said the player's commitment was recognised across the Island, and he was regarded as an honorary Madeiran.

As previously reported, fellow centre back Briguel has also terminated his contract.

In other squad news, Mr Simao has informed Rui Felipe, that the young right back cum winger is surplus to requirements. Despite being a regular performer for the previous manager he has never been able to adapt to the Englishman's system, finding it hard to impress on the few occasions he has started or more usually been brought on as an occasional sub for Ricardo Esteves.

luisfel.jpg

The manager said "I've told the young lad and clearly he's disappointed. I thought it was fairer to be upfront about it, than keep quiet. Obviously we'll assist him in finding a new club and hopefully settle on a deal that suits both parties."

Felipe told reporters that "Am I suprised? No. To be honest the writing was on the wall since the day he arrived. I know I haven't shown my best form but sometimes you need the manager to have faith in you for that to happen and I never felt that he did. Hopefully I can find a new club and prove him wrong about my ability."

0,,10307~364851,00.gif

2005/2006 Wolves Season Preview

Last Season

Wolves are coming off a strange 2004/05 season. While they won 2 games after the January break they still struggled and did not earn promotion. Glasgow Rangers, competing for the first time in the English leagues finished first with Bolton securing the second promotion slot. The other Scottish team, Celtic finished 3rd by 1 point, their loss to Wolves coming back to haunt them. Yet the team came alive in the Div.2 Cups. 2 wins 6 draws and 6 losses earned Wovles a solid 6th place finish, at least avoiding hypothetical relegation to Div.3. But in Cup games Wolves played with ferocity. They tore apart Norwich 4-1 in the semifinal aggregrate.Wolves then won the Cup Final 1-0 over Leeds United, with CB Balde scoring the winning goal on a 1-touch pass from Colin Cameron. Being able to claim some silverware was important for new Manager MrSix who is looking to build confidence in his team and prepare them for 2005/06 season where they will settle for nothing less than promotion.

Formation

451b.gif

Since arriving at Molineux, MrSix has installed a 4-5-1 that often plays more like 4-3-3 on the attack. While MrSix has still kept this basic formation, it is technically now a 4-4-2. Seol Ki-Hyeon remains in the lead striker role (for the moment) and Scottish striker Kenny Miller will play in the hole (for the moment). MrSix has been seen tinkering with personel. MrSix feels this basic formation takes advantage of the team's strengths and conceals its weaknesses the best. While the poor quality of last year's SBs hurt the offense and the defense, with the addition of Ian Harte, the SBs are likely to be a lot more active in the offense. MrSix is confident the switch from an OM playing in the hole (usually Rohan Ricketts) to a CF will benefit all players. Ricketts seemed more comfortable last season when he was playing on the wings, and moving Seol Ki-Hyeon to the No.10 role will free up Ricketts to play in his more natural position.

Squad

Goalkeeper

Rab Douglas
- Scotland's national keeper returns to guard the net this season for Wolves. Douglas was in top form in the Cup final against Leeds and in the first semi-final against Norwich getting 2 clean sheets. More solid than brilliant Douglas has raised GK to a team strength in the eyes of management. Douglas is a popular figure with the many Scottish fans of Wovles.

Defenders

Bobo Balde -French Centreback Bobo Balde earned the love and gratitude of Wolves fans by scoring the winning goal in the cup final. Balde has been a steady anchor to horrific defense the whole season often times the only defender capable of holding the line. With better players around him, Balde, who will turn 30 in OCtober, appears confident and energetic.

Seyi "George" Olofinjana-Nigerian international Olofinjana returns to Wolverhampton for the 2005/06 after an odd absense due to "personal reasons' during the 04/05 season. While many fans were confused that Olofinjana (acquired in the summer of 04) never played for Wolves last season, MrSix has said "the situation has been sorted out" and Olofinjana will be in uniform for Wolves 2005/06. However, Olofinjana will not be in his natural position of midfield. Due to the arrival of Onischenko, who played superb in Defensive Midfield, and the fact that Wolves still lack a second quality center back, for 2005/06 Olofinjana will be palying at Centreback. "I am confident George will be able to make the switch. We desperately need another center back. George's skills make him well suited to play alongside Balde"," Six declared.

Ronnie Wallwork -the versatile English defender is a product of the FA National School of Excellence at Lilleshall and has played for Manchester United and West Brom. Six considers a steady defender capable of playing several positions. His installment at RB may not be permanent as Mr. Six is still said to be scouting RBs

Ian Harte -MrSix has been infatuated with the Irishman's devastating free kicks since he was manager of AS Cannes. While ridiculed at Leeds United for a lack of pace and for inconsistant play, MrSix is confident that all Harte needs to excel is the right manager and the right system. MrSix dismissed some of the Leed's criticism as "rot from untrained amateur eyes". Harte has good stamina but it is with his free kicks and passing that MrSix believes Harte will be burning Woves opponents.

Midfielders

Denis Onischenko -The Ukrainian midfielder has proved priceless for the Wolves midfield. After arriving Onischenko and Colin Cameron instantly clicked. Both are talented 20-year old midfields who pass well. The quality of their teamwork has even surprised MrSix who says Onischenko has surpassed all his hopes in adapting to England and playing with Cameron in midfield.

Colin Cameron -Scottish midfielder Cameron has been a steady performer for Wolves since acquiring him in 2001/02. But it was last season when Onischenko arrived that Cameron's play reached a new level. Cameron was unanimous team Footballer of the Year. Displaying a maturity beyond his 20 years on the pitch Cameron looks poised, along with his new friend Onischenko, to become a Molineux legend. The other thing that MrSix is wary of, is that the tabloids have already reported Cameron and Onischenko having gone clubbing together. Because the incident was in the summer and no rows broke out, Six chalked it up to a team bonding experience.

Rohan Ricketts -the English midfielder's loan from Tottenham was made permanent. Ricketts' play began inconcistant but he settled in after the transfer window when he could drift to the wings more. Ricketts scored 4 goals and 1 assist. The move outside to RMF is expected to help Ricketts keep up his top form.

Alan Thompson -the forgotten English midfielder. It is not that his play was poor all season, he did score 4 goals, but Thompson was the invisible man for Wolves last season. As long as he doesn't make any big mistakes, he'll likely play another full season in the shadows.

Strikers

Seol Ki-Hyeon -The Korean international seemed in a coma for the first half of the season but managed to revive himself at times to score 4 scores. 3 goals and 1 assist came in 2 games however. His play was more creative and his pace more lively by the end of season. MrSix is hoping Ki-Hyeon can continue that top form, otherwise he will be looking for a Striker.

Kenny Miller -the young Scottish CF is something of an enigma. Set out on loan by MrSix's predecessor, Mr.Six only recently discovered he even had Miller on the squad. Miller has decent pace, reaction and power so it will interesting to see if he can have an impact.

Prediction

The defending Div.2 Cup Champions have an improved squad, seem motivated and energetic and have a manager putting in the time.
Wolves- 2nd earning promotion.

wolvesslideshow-molineux.jpg

Dime said:
Sounds like an awesome game. Your story really made me want to sell my SB's and buy the ML backline just to get scored on a bit more.

yes it was wonderful.
personally i hate playing with the default players almost as much as classic. true, they are poor, but i would rather play with real life poor players.
for bad sidebacks i recommend:

Cunningham from Birmingham
Jamie Molina from Numancia
or
Edworthy from Norwich City.

They are all slow with little, if any strengths and at least they are real.

For me, Im not as good as you, so I had to move up to Wallwork and Harte (who is very slow but I wanted him for his free kicks--ive never played with a good FK taker).

Celtic Edge Closer To Division 2 Promotion
Celtic FC1-0Panathaniokos
It was a very tight match from the start of a gloomy day at Hampden Park,with Celtic knowing that a win would all but guarantee them promotion to Division 1.
The game was fairly dull throughout the first half,with Celtic dominating the play,if not only slightly.A few chances were ground out by Celtic,first Nuno Capucho rattled the crossbar with a long range effort and then Papadapoulos cleared a Gerrard header off the line.
Half Time Score 0-0
Panathaniokos came out the stronger in the second half,and when Konstantinou's shot pinged back off of Neil Lennon,the resulting corner from Olisadebe swung in over the Celtic defence and Konstantinou headed just over.
You could tell a goal was coming.But it didnt.Celtic began to slip back,and then Gonzalez crept onto a sneaky through ball from Konstantinidis and fired just over the outrushing Jens Lehman.
With only 3 minutes left it looked like another dull 0-0.But Nuno Capucho had other ideas.Gerrard hammered the ball up the pitch towards the box,and Papadopoulos failed to clear and Capucho volleyed the ball home.The refs whistle went and Celtic were on the march to promotion.
Celtic1-0Panathaniokos
nuno_capucho.jpg

Silent Joy:Nuno Capuch is happy inside after his last minute winner against Panathaniokos.

Just won 7-0. As fucking Crystal Palace, this is depressing.

Time for De Graafschap 6* ML! If that doesn't work, default ML team.

MrSix said:
0,,10307~364851,00.gif

2005/2006 Wolves Season Preview

Last Season

Wolves are coming off a strange 2004/05 season. While they won 2 games after the January break they still struggled and did not earn promotion. Glasgow Rangers, competing for the first time in the English leagues finished first with Bolton securing the second promotion slot. The other Scottish team, Celtic finished 3rd by 1 point, their loss to Wolves coming back to haunt them. Yet the team came alive in the Div.2 Cups. 2 wins 6 draws and 6 losses earned Wovles a solid 6th place finish, at least avoiding hypothetical relegation to Div.3. But in Cup games Wolves played with ferocity. They tore apart Norwich 4-1 in the semifinal aggregrate.Wolves then won the Cup Final 1-0 over Leeds United, with CB Balde scoring the winning goal on a 1-touch pass from Colin Cameron. Being able to claim some silverware was important for new Manager MrSix who is looking to build confidence in his team and prepare them for 2005/06 season where they will settle for nothing less than promotion.

Formation

451b.gif

Since arriving at Molineux, MrSix has installed a 4-5-1 that often plays more like 4-3-3 on the attack. While MrSix has still kept this basic formation, it is technically now a 4-4-2. Seol Ki-Hyeon remains in the lead striker role (for the moment) and Scottish striker Kenny Miller will play in the hole (for the moment). MrSix has been seen tinkering with personel. MrSix feels this basic formation takes advantage of the team's strengths and conceals its weaknesses the best. While the poor quality of last year's SBs hurt the offense and the defense, with the addition of Ian Harte, the SBs are likely to be a lot more active in the offense. MrSix is confident the switch from an OM playing in the hole (usually Rohan Ricketts) to a CF will benefit all players. Ricketts seemed more comfortable last season when he was playing on the wings, and moving Seol Ki-Hyeon to the No.10 role will free up Ricketts to play in his more natural position.

Squad

Goalkeeper

Rab Douglas
- Scotland's national keeper returns to guard the net this season for Wolves. Douglas was in top form in the Cup final against Leeds and in the first semi-final against Norwich getting 2 clean sheets. More solid than brilliant Douglas has raised GK to a team strength in the eyes of management. Douglas is a popular figure with the many Scottish fans of Wovles.

Defenders

Bobo Balde -French Centreback Bobo Balde earned the love and gratitude of Wolves fans by scoring the winning goal in the cup final. Balde has been a steady anchor to horrific defense the whole season often times the only defender capable of holding the line. With better players around him, Balde, who will turn 30 in OCtober, appears confident and energetic.

Seyi "George" Olofinjana-Nigerian international Olofinjana returns to Wolverhampton for the 2005/06 after an odd absense due to "personal reasons' during the 04/05 season. While many fans were confused that Olofinjana (acquired in the summer of 04) never played for Wolves last season, MrSix has said "the situation has been sorted out" and Olofinjana will be in uniform for Wolves 2005/06. However, Olofinjana will not be in his natural position of midfield. Due to the arrival of Onischenko, who played superb in Defensive Midfield, and the fact that Wolves still lack a second quality center back, for 2005/06 Olofinjana will be palying at Centreback. "I am confident George will be able to make the switch. We desperately need another center back. George's skills make him well suited to play alongside Balde"," Six declared.

Ronnie Wallwork -the versatile English defender is a product of the FA National School of Excellence at Lilleshall and has played for Manchester United and West Brom. Six considers a steady defender capable of playing several positions. His installment at RB may not be permanent as Mr. Six is still said to be scouting RBs

Ian Harte -MrSix has been infatuated with the Irishman's devastating free kicks since he was manager of AS Cannes. While ridiculed at Leeds United for a lack of pace and for inconsistant play, MrSix is confident that all Harte needs to excel is the right manager and the right system. MrSix dismissed some of the Leed's criticism as "rot from untrained amateur eyes". Harte has good stamina but it is with his free kicks and passing that MrSix believes Harte will be burning Woves opponents.

Midfielders

Denis Onischenko -The Ukrainian midfielder has proved priceless for the Wolves midfield. After arriving Onischenko and Colin Cameron instantly clicked. Both are talented 20-year old midfields who pass well. The quality of their teamwork has even surprised MrSix who says Onischenko has surpassed all his hopes in adapting to England and playing with Cameron in midfield.

Colin Cameron -Scottish midfielder Cameron has been a steady performer for Wolves since acquiring him in 2001/02. But it was last season when Onischenko arrived that Cameron's play reached a new level. Cameron was unanimous team Footballer of the Year. Displaying a maturity beyond his 20 years on the pitch Cameron looks poised, along with his new friend Onischenko, to become a Molineux legend. The other thing that MrSix is wary of, is that the tabloids have already reported Cameron and Onischenko having gone clubbing together. Because the incident was in the summer and no rows broke out, Six chalked it up to a team bonding experience.

Rohan Ricketts -the English midfielder's loan from Tottenham was made permanent. Ricketts' play began inconcistant but he settled in after the transfer window when he could drift to the wings more. Ricketts scored 4 goals and 1 assist. The move outside to RMF is expected to help Ricketts keep up his top form.

Alan Thompson -the forgotten English midfielder. It is not that his play was poor all season, he did score 4 goals, but Thompson was the invisible man for Wolves last season. As long as he doesn't make any big mistakes, he'll likely play another full season in the shadows.

Strikers

Seol Ki-Hyeon -The Korean international seemed in a coma for the first half of the season but managed to revive himself at times to score 4 scores. 3 goals and 1 assist came in 2 games however. His play was more creative and his pace more lively by the end of season. MrSix is hoping Ki-Hyeon can continue that top form, otherwise he will be looking for a Striker.

Kenny Miller -the young Scottish CF is something of an enigma. Set out on loan by MrSix's predecessor, Mr.Six only recently discovered he even had Miller on the squad. Miller has decent pace, reaction and power so it will interesting to see if he can have an impact.

Prediction

The defending Div.2 Cup Champions have an improved squad, seem motivated and energetic and have a manager putting in the time.
Wolves- 2nd earning promotion.

wolvesslideshow-molineux.jpg

Very nice post.. Your ml is great.

Dime said:

HAHA thats my problem the game is too damn easy. I hope they make the game harder in the next PES!!!

Btw: Ive been playing with Livorno and its fun. Ill be posting some of the news tonight im off. Ill be playing ml;)
cya later bye.

Dime said:

Hey don't quit just yet because the next game you might lose 4-0.....my ML season was a very hot and cold affair.

Trust me don't quit just yet :)

juventus11 said:
Btw: Ive been playing with Livorno and its fun. Ill be posting some of the news tonight im off. Ill be playing ml;)
cya later bye.

You've got another job at a new club......your terrible :lol:

Back
Top Bottom