The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Is there anyway I can play as Lyon, with the default ML team, but also a choice of 3 players? I don't want to go through the hassle of creating a new team.

I dont have PES4.
Yet.
I am buying it,when...I can be bothered to go shopping.
I have PES2 and I used to play with Sheffield Wednesday(See sig)but now I play with the made up Gobrazzi FC.

is there any way to get someones option file without pc or memory card. like over xbox live or anything?

Dime you can start with Lyon as either

1) Real Lyon players

2) Default ML team

3) Default ML team with 3 players of your choice which can be Lyon players if you want

but either way, I thought you wanted a nice challenge and I can tell you that Lyon are one of the strongest teams.

What I want to do is have the default ML team with 3 players of my choice (Clichy, Vomme, Filipescu) but I want to have the Lyon uniforms and flag. It doesn't have to be Lyon, I just don't want to go through the hassle of creating uniforms and flags. I'd also like to have the default ML team with 3 chosen players and Inter kits and logo.

I tried Lyon and Marseille Match Mode rosters and ended up winning 6-0 and 5-1, respectively. Time to buy 6 stars I guess.

Well I'm afraid that's not possible. It would have been nice to have that option but Konami didn't include it and so yeah you have to spend hours creating the kit/emblem/flag and all that or play with original Lyon squad or Default ML players without 3 players.

And I already told you what we think of 6* and how we all play on 5* well most of us anyways even though we have 6* unlocked because we find it harder to score against.

Well I don't know what else to do to spice the game up. I just started an ML with Bruxelles and I love their playing style, but I still won 4-1. And that 1 goal against was a Kolatarii own goal. The back line of Koltarii + Borre is unbreachable.

I'm using a 3 5 2 so maybe I should switch to a 4 5 1 for a greater challenge?

Which team are you using PLF?

Personally I find 6* more difficult. Maybe that's because of my style of play or the fact that my team is rubbish ;)

Dime, finding a challenge is about finding a weak (but fun) team and playing against stronger teams. A weak team does not involve the likes of Kompany (Koltarii), Cesc Fabregas or Cardozo. They include players of the level of Yalcin, Diego Rivas, Eduardo... and then having the discipline not to exploit the easy trade system to pick up all the stars at the first opportunity. It all depends on how you want to play the game.

Yeah What Nerf said.

Plus Dime, whether 5* is hardest or 6* is objectional. As you can see some people like Nerf still see 6* as harder while most of us don't as I find CPU is too attacking and its so easier to coutner them and score high number of goals.

But maybe you're like Nerf and your playing style will be more challenged by 6* so what do you gotta lose... i guess buy it and try it if its really that easy to you.

But the main thing you can do to bring the difficulty up is what Nerf said. Pick a weak team like the rest of us and play and enjoy with them and No more Dagaka, Kompany, Cardozo and Cesc Fabregas. Those players you alreayd know will turn out amazing and are quite good to even start with.

Instead start with a weaker team like a relegation battler and you will learn to use what you have at lets say Crystal Palace, you will appreciate what you have ;) and limit yourself to rules like we do by saying for example.

1) Max of 3 players in per season. No more

2) And these players can't be highly-rated popular youngsters like van Der Vaart, or Kaebi or Robinho. And you can't buy stars... people who would actually come to Palace in real life is okay.

I mean there's so much more you can do.... if I were still playing with those superior players I'd find the game shit too easy as well thats why I started with St. Etienne who would give me a challenge even in Domestic French league but I even put myself in with the best teams from France/Germany/Russia/Dutch and others in the same league to make it even harder.

So you see there's plenty of things you can do but the first step is to give up the addiction of buying same talented youngsters in EACH ML. Instead try to find new youngsters from your own team.. or other teams who are not known.

Trust me there is some other fun in juding the next big talent than hearing about a name on these boards and going to negotiations and buying him to find out.. well he's amazing hahah!!

I'm out.

Which team do you use? Also, what do you think of West Bromwich? I like their style of play, but then I noticed they had Kanu on their roster, and I remember him being a goal scoring beast in PES3 and WE7I.

I love the default ML team, but at the same time I'd rather play with an actual team for realism's sake. If I weren't so lazy I'd make a Steaua team.

Damnit, why must they make Borre and Cardozo so tempting?

Dude do you read my posts?? I've just mentioend 4-5 times that I'm currently playing as St. Etienne including my very last post.

Don't worry about Kanu, he's crap.. and in par with the rest of the WBA team so yeah they'll be a challenge.

My bad, I didn't see your posts. My computer's currently shit, so the whole page didn't load. I just noticed it now.

Edit: Also, I was asking nerf about his team.

My ML is with De Graafschap of Holland. You can find out more about it and the approach that some of us take to our ML's if you read through page 51 of this thread.

De Graafschap place survival hopes on Diba, De Jong

Division One strugglers De Graafschap have responded to increasing pressure from fans, making use of the January transfer window in a desperate attempt to rescue their season.

Diba.jpg
DeJong.jpg

Anouar Diba signed last week from NAC Breda for €3.3 million. The 28 year old Dutch winger put pen to paper on a two year deal and looks set to slot straight in to the first eleven for the trip to 4th-placed Werder Bremen on Saturday, providing much needed pace and trickery on the left flank.

Meanwhile, veteran midfielder John De Jong arrives from PSV Eindhoven on a six-month loan deal. De Jong has spent most of the season on the bench in the Phillips Stadion and will be hoping that the move north-east will result in more playing time, where he can use his skill and experience to craft chances for goal-starved De Graafschap.

Both players have to settle in quickly if De Graafschap are to avoid relegation again this season. Despite an upturn in form before Christmas, which included a creditable draw at leaders Bayer Leverkusen, the Doetchinem club remain bottom of the league alongside Schalke 04 and Hertha Berlin.

Very nice Nerf, I love your ML man.. and your buys are super realistic. I can just imagine John De John joining a lesser team like de Grafschap in a few years when he's past it and not good enough for PSV anymore.

I'll post some info on my ML soon with "Les Verts" as well as today I finally got to play some games and so far its been 3 1-0 wins in a row.. lol so I can kinda see already that I won't be finishing bottom of Div 2 like I had hoped maybe it'd happen but hopefully I won't get promoted either :D

Just started an ML with AEK Athens, and it was a lot better than I expected. I love their formation and the team is pretty good at playing down the flanks. I like to have my SMF hold the ball and draw the 2 defenders, wait for the SB to move forward (gave my SB's forward attacking arrows) and then slot a lofted through ball to get him open down the wings. I usually pull the SB back at the edge of the box and send an angled through ball at the CF. I forget the name of the CF but he's good at holding the ball and dropping it off for the OMF who comes charging into the area.

Managed to win 2-0 at home against your beloved St Etienne, PLF. Had to work my ass off for those goals. The second came in the 92nd, and only because St Etienne had everyone pushed forward for attack. The CF released Hwapi down the side with a beautiful loft over 2 defenders. Hwapi ran at an angle almost parallel to the goal mouth, made 2 ankle breaking feints, and sent the nicest (and slowest) chip I'd ever seen right over the grounded keeper.

logo_travel.gif
logotorocalcio.gif

Torino in the Serie A!

It has been some time since the last vist too Turin. But to go Turin now is one big party! AC Torino Calcio has promoted this season to the Serie A by the hand of coach Guido Fan Knappen. In this reportage we will look back into the last season and look forth to the upcoming Serie A.

After an turbulent season Torino has promoted to the Serie A. Although Torino wasnt the champion of Serie B and had all the luck the finished second too. Cause it wasnt Torino who gave the Serie B glance, no that was Reggina who just had one lost in the whole season and finished on top of the league with 12 point ahead of AC Torino. Relegated Brescia was finished 3th with just one point ahead of Torino. So we can say it was a close call for Torino, or not? Guido Fan Knappen said the following: ''I agree it was a close call at the end of the season. But that doesnt justify this saying cause our start of the season was horrible, but at the end of the season we have shown great bouncebackability (:)) and made a terrific row!''

Publiek-1.jpg

The supporters of AC Torino has gone wild after the promoting to the Serie A

Will Torino surivive Serie A?

AS the title says it all, will Torino survive the Serie A? Guido Fan Knappen thinks so. ''I think we have a very balanced selection nowdays. Especially the coming of Nourredine Naybet was very important. With his 36 year old experience he can give the team a lot of inspiration. I am happy with our transfer-policy and the power of the Chairman cause without him and his will we wouldnt got those player who we have know'' Guido is meaning the very cheeky transfer-policy of AC Torino. The club isnt very rich but still got lots of new signings this season and mostly all of the players came came transfer-free or via trading. Lets take a look at the new and gone player of AC Torino:

Out:

Name: Vorlander.
Club: Retired.

Name: Harty
Club: Retired

Name: Castello
Club: Tottenham Hotspur (in trade with Naybet)

Name: Pasquale
Club: Bayern Leverkussen (in trade with Placente)

In:

Name: Nourredine Naybet

Name: Diego Rodolfo Placente

Name: Salvatore Gambino
Club: Transfer Free

Name:Gilles Yapi-Yapo
Club: Transfer free

Name:Morten Pedersen
Club: Blackburn Rovers but his contract ended there.

**So as you can see I bought quite some players. I really had too if I want to surive my Serie A. Most player were out of my range so this was really the best I could get. I wanted for every position (DF, MF or FW) at least one good back up and now I have.

I wanted Placente cause he has a great stamina and that was really needed for the LB position cause on that position you have to defend and attack constantly. And I think I overrated Pasquale cause he couldnt do that for longer then 60 min.
I bought Naybet cause I really needed a defender who would be a pure defender and not and allround defender like Wisgerhof. I think I have now the ideal CB's with the footballing Wisgerhof and the pure CB Naybet. Naybet is strong with his body and in the air and is with his experience a great addition to the team.
Yapi-Yapo as back-up for my, rapidly in stats going down, Bianchi. I have to say Yapi-Yapo dissapoints me.. He is also quickly tired and his passing+shooting isnt as good as I thought..
Pedersen is really one of my favourite players! That guy has one yellow stat (shoot power 82) and a condition of 7 But expect that he has every (!!) stat in the 70s! So he is really my copy of Cocu! He can play as LB or as LMF or as CMF or as CB cause his stats allow him to play on every position! I really needed such a player cause I dont ''Regulate Condition'' so almost every game some player cant play.. Really great guy!
Salvatore Gambino is the same type of player like Castello only Gambino is still young and way more powerfull then Castello. Already made 4 goals in the Serie A and is the perfect man next to my post-player Nanni. He is such a player which you dont see whole the game and then suddenly makes a goal out of nowwhere! I really have no idea why Dortmund let him go..

So overall I am pretty statisfied with my transfers except Yapi-Yapo who is a let down for me so far. Team for the Serie A (4-2-2-2):

-------------Ivarov----------------
--------Naybet----Wisgerhof-------
Matt------------------------Placente
-------Brighi-------Xminez----------
------------------------------------
---Yapi-Yapo/Bianchi---Yildirim------
-------------------Gambino---------
---------Nanni----------------------

MARITIMO 0
MALAGA 1
Wanchope 55

game12b.jpg
Wanchope. - Title race hots up

Just as in the first game between the two sides, once again a solitary Paolo Wanchope strike was enough to settle the contest. A triangle of passes between Tote, Edgar and the Costa Rican on 55 minutes, was finished off with the ball being tucked under the diving Marcos.

Maurice Ross making his first start in the blue and white rather than all blue shirt of Rangers was certainly in for a debut to remember. His general touch and reading of the game was sound, but with 15 minutes remaining his challenge on Alan just inside the box led to Malaga conceding a penalty. The fouled Brazilian stepped up, only to blast the ball over the bar in a carbon copy of Lobaton's spotkick from earlier in the season.

game12.jpg
Alan. - costly miss

Replays showed that justice may well have been done, as the Scotsman barely touched the Maritimo striker, who certainly appeared to have dived.

With Mallorca beating Getafe to stay two points clear at the top, the result keeps Malaga well and truely in the title race. Racing are in third but look to have too much ground to make up after a 3-2 win against Albacete. Numancia drew one-all with Levante to move ahead of Maritimo on goal difference.

With 4 games of the regular season remaining and only one of those at home, Maritimo's brief peak of form appears to be dissapearing once more.

-
Maritimo's relegation run in...

(A) Albacete, (A) Numancia, (H) Mallorca, (A) Getafe

Nice one DB......I can't believe it i might finish top seven in my ML :shock: it looks like i have to sell some of my players like Ekong and Di Donato....they are to good for my team.......but i just want have an itilian based, average and nothing special squad.

I just noticed that the comp has horrible defense inside the box. Try this out and let me know if its the same for you guys: Have your OMF pass the ball to your CF who's inside the box, then have your CF run away from the defenders and zig zag, after a few seconds up to 4 defenders will gang up on the CF and leave the OMF WIDE OPEN for a 1 on 1 with the keeper.

Koeman.jpg

Koeman quits embarrassed Ajax

Ajax boss Ronald Koeman resigned from his post tonight with immediate effect, mere hours after the Amsterdam Arena witnessed a humbling 1-4 defeat to bottom of the table De Graafschap.

The under-fire coach endured mounting criticism from the Ajax faithful this season due to the team's indifferent form and lack of action in the transfer market, and today's woeful result was the final straw. Sources suggest that Koeman's resignation is a case of jumping before he was pushed.

On the pitch this afternoon, as so often this season, Koeman's team were simply not up to scratch when normally they would be expected to handle their Dutch visitors with relative comfort. De Graafschap sprung a surprise on their more illustrious countrymen, eschewing their expected static 4-5-1 in favour of a more fluid and attacking formation that exposed weaknesses in Ajax across the park.

Mamadou Zongo dealt the damage as early as the first fifteen minutes, pouncing on assists from Ilunga and on-loan John De Jong to fire in only his third and fourth goals of the season as the away side raced into a shock 2-0 lead. Rafael van der Vaart then struck the crossbar at the other end, but that was best reply the home side could manage, and in the dying moments of the first-half De Graafschap unbelievably added a third. Catching Ajax out with a swift counter-attack, Zongo's clever back-heel created a shooting opportunity for Yuri Rose, and when his effort rebounded off Stekelenburg there was midfielder Bas Sibum following up for a simple tap-in. The men in white-and-red trudged off the field amidst a cacophony of boos.

ajaxfans.jpg

Thumbs down : Disgruntled Ajax fans air their feelings

For Bas Sibum it was his first goal for his club in more than three years, and he celebrated in style - by scoring again in the second half. De Jong laid the ball square, Sibum sent a clean strike into the top corner from 19 yards, and Ajax's humiliation was complete.

Captain Rafael van der Vaart rescued a small amount of personal pride in the 87th minute by scoring an impressive solo effort, dancing skillfully away from both Loval and Yalcin before thundering the ball into the bottom corner from distance, but it was of little consolation to the home crowd. The few who had stayed to see it were already chanting for Koeman's exit.

The dismal defeat leaves Ajax not only manager-less but in seventh position and in danger of slipping out of the race for European places. For De Graafschap the three points were crucial, bringing them level on points with both Sparta Prague and Hertha Berlin as they attempt to claw their way out of the relegation zone with eleven matches remaining.

Back
Top Bottom